Nintendo on Wii U´s poor sales - customers were too stupid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Miyamoto on Wii U's poor sales - "people didn't understand the system"

http://www.gamesradar.com/miyamoto-wii-us-poor-sales-people-didnt-understand-system/

"So I don't think it's just price, because if the system is appealing enough, people will buy it even if the price is a little bit high," Miyamoto says. "I think with Wii U, our challenge was that perhaps people didn't understand the system." He doesn't say exactly why this was - anyone remember when people just thought it was the gamepad? - but is clear on what the mission statement was for the console in the first place.

"I think that we had a system that's very unique — and, particularly with video game systems, typically it takes the game system a while to boot up," he explains. "And we thought that with a tablet-type functionality connected to the system, you could have the rapid boot-up of tablet-type functionality, you could have the convenience of having that touch control with you there on the couch while you're playing on a device that's connected to the TV, and it would be a very unique system that could introduce some unique styles of play."

In short, Nintendo tries to say that its people fault that Wii U has poor sales, not theirs. Nintendo is saying that they don´t think price, online or games are problems. Problem is that people are too stupid to understand that Nintendo is the only company who made best console Wii U but people dident understand the system.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: you could say that.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Nintendo's just Nintendo. Haven't given a shit about them since the N64. And I didn't even own one.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Not what he said.

Ban thread and lock TC.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The only stupid costumer here is you. The article mentions nothing of the sort.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

a) Already a thread

b) misinformation