Nintendo needs to improve the quality of their franchises,and make new ones,too.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

You know it's true,series' like Harvest Moon & Animal Crossing could be more evolved,gameplay and story wise.

Same goes for the likes of Kirby...

Or Super Mario,Metroid,and Zelda,for that matter...

I wanna see gameplay innovations in all of them.

#2 Posted by bobbetybob (19295 posts) -
Such as?
#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

:lol:

#4 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

lundy86_4
#5 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26209 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Michael0134567

#6 Posted by darkspineslayer (20004 posts) -
Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.
#7 Posted by darkspineslayer (20004 posts) -
Oh, and Harvest Moon isn't Nintendo, genius.
#8 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

lundy86_4
#9 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

What the TC thinks will happen:

Nintendo: *makes the top 3 highest rated games ever made*

Fans: You need to step your quality up, brah. Also, moar new IPS.

Nintendo: Seems legit.

What will actually happen:

Nintendo: *makes the top 3 highest rated games ever made*

Fans: You need to step your quality up, brah. Also, moar new IPS.

Nintendo:

28316275.jpg

#10 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.darkspineslayer

How is Xenoblade Chronicles suppose to sell when they refuse to localize it? And when they finally do, they are so rare that people on Amazon charge 100 bucks for it?

#11 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.crimsonman1245

How is Xenoblade Chronicles suppose to sell when they refuse to localize it? And when they finally do, they are so rare that people on Amazon charge 100 bucks for it?

Walk into a GameStop. There are copies of Xenoblade on the wall.
#12 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Well, you can now see the map in your controller... if that isn't innovation, I don't know what it is!!

#13 Posted by spike6958 (4881 posts) -

You know it's true,series' like Harvest Moon & Animal Crossing could be more evolved,gameplay and story wise.

GreekGameManiac
First, Harvest Moon doesn't belong to Nintendo. Second, have you played any of the more recent Mario, Metroid and Zelda games? The Mario Galaxy games really changed up the gameplay with the use of gravity and other unique mechanics, Metroid evolved from a SideScroller to an "FPS" for the Prime series, and Zelda...well OK I'll give you Zelda, but Skyward Sword was still pretty unique with it's use of the motion controls. Third, they have had plenty of new franchises, within recent years, Xenoblade Chronicles been a big one, as well as many great games on the 3DS eShop.
#14 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.darkspineslayer

Somehow i totally disagree with what you just said.

NO,they haven't.

I haven't seen REAL evolution.

#15 Posted by daisypeach (19 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.GreekGameManiac

NO,they haven't.

Only because you refuse to see it.

#16 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34177 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.crimsonman1245

The whole Operation rainfall mess was mostly because of Nintendo of America, not Nintendo of Japan. NoJ isn't completely guilt free though since they add in BS region-locking in their systems, which would make trying to play an overseas version of Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora's Tower harder/more expensive.

But still, North America was the region where all 3 operation rainfall games had the most difficulty going to because of NoA.

then there's also the fact that just because an IP doesn't make it stateside doesn't mean the IP doesn't exist.

#17 Posted by bobbetybob (19295 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Shame they've done both several times over last gen. Nobody paid attention to them.GreekGameManiac

NO,they haven't.

What needs to evolve? This is the problem with people that complain about games not "evolving" what do you want them to evolve into? Do you want Mario to become GTA or something I don't understand. It's always going to be a platforming game and it's always going to have similar enemies and plot, but they're consistently good games and Mario Galaxy is one of the highest rated games of all time.
#18 Posted by TrueAmerican007 (700 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

ChubbyGuy40

#19 Posted by LordQuorthon (5360 posts) -

I'm actually kind of surprised that this isn't another Nameless12345 thread. Shoddy punctuation aside, it's right up his alley.

#20 Posted by Blabadon (27169 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]TrueAmerican007

#21 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Only because you refuse to see it.

daisypeach

No,you're just a fanboy.

Most of their franchises are slower,compared to games in general.

It doesn't matter if they made games like SMG2,i said MOST.

#22 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11959 posts) -

[QUOTE="TrueAmerican007"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Blabadon

#23 Posted by Blabadon (27169 posts) -
Oh wait, this is a GreekGameManiac thread. Let me laugh ever harder :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
#24 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11959 posts) -

94e.png.

#25 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.
#26 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Such as?bobbetybob
gUnz, bL00D, machure stuff, secks, t1T13s, DRuGz, sW34r1nG, nd moar
#27 Posted by sailor232 (4921 posts) -

Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.Zeviander

I would love another Excite.....series on the wiiU. I loved excite truck.

#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11959 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.sailor232

Excite Truck was probably the biggest surprise for me at the Wii U launch.

#29 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Well, you can now see the map in your controller... if that isn't innovation, I don't know what it is!!

GreenGoblin2099

ZombiU has proven it's done a lot more

#30 Posted by Blabadon (27169 posts) -

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.PhazonBlazer

Excite Truck was probably the biggest surprise for me at the Wii launch.

Fixed (I think)
#31 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.

You think Corruption and Other M were improvements? :o Surprising. Most people don't.
#32 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

OB-47

Like what?? Like NOT make the game any better??

#34 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

You basically want this:

-

Pokemon

Pokemon-in-HD-1090439.jpg

Zelda

sigurd02pao8t.jpg

-

Ah Hell naw. I'm against this so called "evolution."

This is not "evolution" to me. It's simply your preference. In the case of Pokemon, I prefer this: (fixed overview camera, vibrant colors, 2D gameplay)

On 3DS we'll get exactly this, with the difference that they will use polygons instead of sprite art. I'm kind of curious to see the result, hopefully its graphics will retain the same charm.

Pokemon White 2 5078bf79f49156dc139d9ee3

Pokemon White 2 4fa6cb75cdc388ed13f67938

Pokemon White 2 4fa6cb75cdc388ed13f67941

#35 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

GreenGoblin2099

Like what?? Like NOT make any better??

Ssshhh your ignorance is showing.

ZombiU is a game that cannot be done on any other console. It's quite the achievement. Scrounging for items while looking at the tablet while in game zombies are still chasing you is quite tense. That's just one example, cant' be stuffed listing all the cool things it does

#36 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Galaxy 1 & 2 improved Mario Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword improved Zelda Corruption and Other M improved 3D Metroid Black and White improved Pokemon They debuted countless new IPs, such as Excite _____ series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc etc. -- When one refuses to realize the truth sitting right in front of them, it isn't hard to understand why people as dumb as GGM make dumb threads like this one.

Isn't Xenoblade somewhat connected to the Xenogears/Xenosaga franchise? And Excite is a reboot of an NES thing. The Last Story's a legit new example, though.
#37 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Isn't Xenoblade somewhat connected to the Xenogears/Xenosaga franchise?PannicAtack

Nah. It was it's own game game called Monado. Nintendo changed the the title just to get Xeno fans on board.

#38 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Isn't Xenoblade somewhat connected to the Xenogears/Xenosaga franchise?Thefatness16

Nah. It was it's own game game called Monado. Nintendo changed the the title just to get Xeno fans on board.

Ah, okay then. Legit, then.
#39 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

No they haven't,i'm a huge Nintendo fan,but unlike many of you,i'm not blinded.

Wake up.

@Zeviander? no,TP & SS did NOT improve Zelda.

TP was just a long,easy,advanced OoT.

SS was abit different,but NOT different enough,not even CLOSE.

Their less known franchises are also meeeh.

Metroid hasn't evolved since Metroid Prime,really.

#40 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Like what?? Like NOT make any better??

Ssshhh your ignorance is showing.

ZombiU is a game that cannot be done on any other console. It's quite the achievement. Scrounging for items while looking at the tablet while in game zombies are still chasing you is quite tense. That's just one example, cant' be stuffed listing all the cool things it does

Quite dumb if you ask me... of course looking away from the screen will add the tension, but I can say the same about ANY other game. Truth is the table didn't make the game ANY better.

#41 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

You basically want this:

-

Pokemon

SuperFlakeman

Whoa :o where's that from?

#42 Posted by Wiiyou (677 posts) -

GreekGameManiac

Oh yeah Metroid rly need multiplayer, killstreaks and zombie-mode ....:|

#43 Posted by themajormayor (25918 posts) -
They should stop catering to kids. Kids suck
#44 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

You basically want this:

-

Pokemon

el3m2tigre

Whoa :o where's that from?

Some guy created the 3D model of blastoise and superimposed it on this environment from unreal engine (or something like that)

#45 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]You think Corruption and Other M were improvements? :o Surprising. Most people don't.

They weren't overall better games, but they added new ideas and content to the series. Corruption improved controls for Prime, and Other M improved narrative (a point of contention, I know) and 3D combat over Corruption. Not a popular opinion, but they added to the series in a largely meaningful way, even if they weren't as good as they could have been.
#46 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
GreekGameManiac
You're an idiot. Your opinion is irrelevant.
#47 Posted by darkspineslayer (20004 posts) -

This thread is now about the Hypnotoad.

hypnotoad.gif?cache=cache

All glory to the Hypnotoad.

#48 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]Zeviander
You're an idiot. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Really?

That's funny,i have the same EXACT opinion on you!

Grow up,fanboy.

#49 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
That's funny,i have the same EXACT opinion on you!GreekGameManiac
Irrelevant.
Grow up,fanboy.GreekGameManiac
I'm turning 26 in three weeks. I've grown up enough, thanks.
#50 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
*sees harvest moon being mentioned*

lundy86_4