sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15994 Posts

Congratulations to Nintendo on their success last year.

For context, quarter report for end of 2018, nintendo announced 32m unit shipped. For 2019 report Nintendo shared the total shipment has increased to 52.48m! Attributed to launch of Nintendo Switch lite which cost $199 and a strong overall holiday season for the Switch overall.

One cause of concern is their software department of course. 310m software sold means around 6 titles per console. But, with nintendo market mainly consist of casuals and non gamers only buying yearly 1st party titles like pokemon and mario, this has leaves 3rd party studios battling for scraps. Eh nothing much.

Congrats to nintendo!

Source:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shield-sell-incredibly-well-nint/1100-6473211/

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/the_switch_has_overtaken_the_snes_in_lifetime_hardware_sales

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Does this include holiday sales? Article says 9 months period ended in Dec 2019.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7285 Posts

Pretty incredible numbers Nintendo learnt a lot from the wii u disaster. Going to be interesting to see what announcements they have for 2020.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sakaiXx

@Juub1990: the 9 month is Q1 - Q3 2019 which includes december holiday sales. Q1 nintendo starts in april and if we includes Q4 2018 Switch movement, it will total around 20m units shipped to retailers for whole 2019.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Bruh, what's with that trolling to downplay the software number? Lmao

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Switch is a beast

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

Most consoles sold in NA since 2011, 6.5million, beating every year of ps4 for example

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Have they passed NES Sales numbers yet?

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@Coolyfett: no, it's #3 after Wii and NES

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sakaiXx

@howmakewood: Nintendo is always popular in NA and Japan while PlayStation is a more global brand. All PlayStation home Consoles sold at least 20m each outside of the big 3 market (NA, Europe, Japan).

I mean for Nintendo, the flop Wii U shipped around 6.5m in NA representing half of Wii U total shipment worldwide.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

SNES > Switch IMO Dont care about sales. There missing tons of epic snes games on the snes app and are barely adding to it

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

SNES > Switch IMO Dont care about sales. There missing tons of epic snes games on the snes app and are barely adding to it

go outside.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

@sakaixx: yeah but we barely get same kind of info from other places than NA and Japan..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sakaiXx
@howmakewood said:

@sakaixx: yeah but we barely get same kind of info from other places than NA and Japan..

Actually we do usually by company Q4 reports. Sony has a good record of breaking down sales from all regions (except for PS3 when it tanked) while nintendo always only do NA and Japan. the rest of un mentioned you just need to do some subtraction from total unit shipped.

For example here is nintendo report for 2018 sales

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190201_2e.pdf

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Any post made about Nintendo by TC are made specifically to add in some Nintendo bashing. (as if it could be any more obvious).

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5291 Posts

@Sphensen said:

@Coolyfett: no, it's #3 after Wii and NES

The Switch recently passed the worldwide sales of the SNES.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ProtossRushX: lol

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

Any post made about Nintendo by TC are made specifically to add in some Nintendo bashing. (as if it could be any more obvious).

This. Cows bashing Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the most exalted jrpg franchises of all time, just because it isn't on Sony consoles.

TC is one of the few remaining JRPG fans from the early PlayStation years who is still holding on to a dream of the past since Sony is all about Western content these days, and Nintendo is the leader of the genre now.

Must suck being stuck in the past like that.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@mojito1988 said:

This. Cows bashing Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the most exalted jrpg franchises of all time, just because it isn't on Sony consoles.

TC is one of the few remaining JRPG fans from the early PlayStation years who is still holding on to a dream of the past since Sony is all about Western content these days, and Nintendo is the leader of the genre now.

You have to be specific. I bashed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because it was trash. I mean come on dude, you probably played Xeno 2, you just cant compare it to Xeno 1 in term of everything. Its the biggest downgrade in the history of downgrade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@mojito1988 said:

You have to be specific. I bashed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because it was trash. I mean come on dude, you probably played Xeno 2, you just cant compare it to Xeno 1 in term of everything. Its the biggest downgrade in the history of downgrade.

It's a fantastic game. One of my favorites, in fact. Huge worlds, fun characters and a wonderful battle system. I have no idea why you bash it all the time.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@mojito1988 said:

It's a fantastic game. One of my favorites, in fact. Huge worlds, fun characters and a wonderful battle system. I have no idea why you bash it all the time.

Simply because its not as good as the spin off Xenoblade X, and Xenoblade X is average compared to Xenoblade 1.

Also because the plot regressed so much compared to Xeno 1. Glad nintendo decided to remaster it for the second time for you to make the comparison yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@mojito1988 said:

Simply because its not as good as the spin off Xenoblade X, and Xenoblade X is average compared to Xenoblade 1.

Also because the plot regressed so much compared to Xeno 1. Glad nintendo decided to remaster it for the second time for you to make the comparison yourself.

"not as good" doesn't equal "trash", and "plot regressed" isn't much of a valid criticism.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

"not as good" doesn't equal "trash", and "plot regressed" isn't much of a valid criticism.

Trying to be nice but oh well.

Game was terrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Game was terrible.

Yeah you keep claiming that without any valid points of critique. If story is all you care about in an interactive form of media, you're doing it wrong. There are books for that.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Game was terrible.

Yeah you keep claiming that without any valid points of critique. If story is all you care about in an interactive form of media, you're doing it wrong. There are books for that.

Xenoblade 2 was a bad game. I dont want to discuss it because we are derailing the the thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Game was terrible.

Xenoblade 2 was a bad game. I dont want to discuss it because we are derailing the the thread.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/xenoblade-chronicles-2

Learn what bad is.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Game was terrible.

Learn what bad is.

Cool it got an 83. Gamespot gave it a 7, Switch Brazil gave it 10, nintendo report gave it a 9.5. How does it correlate with me really disliking this game again? Non.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Listen. You all get baited WAY too easy. This is the entire reason TC makes these kinds of topics, to find any reason to bash Nintendo. It is some weird obsession. It is what it is, but how people get baited with so little effort is far beyond me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:

Learn what bad is.

Cool it got an 83. Gamespot gave it a 7, Switch Brazil gave it 10, nintendo report gave it a 9.5. How does it correlate with me really disliking this game again? Non.

Dislike it all you want, but that doesn't make it a bad game. It just means you have bad taste.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sakaiXx

@briguyb13: sure bud, whatever u say. Next time be specific, I really dislike Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 I got no problem with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

go outside.

I believe the correct term is go outside and play in traffic :)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:

Listen. You all get baited WAY too easy. This is the entire reason TC makes these kinds of topics, to find any reason to bash Nintendo. It is some weird obsession. It is what it is, but how people get baited with so little effort is far beyond me.

Contrary to believe, I dont dislike nintendo as a console publisher but I dislike many of its franchises that I think is equal to yearly garbage EA and Activision produce each year aimed at casuals.

Also I am not trolling, I genuinely, honestly hate Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

The Spring looks bright for Nintendo up until e3 with A.C. coming shortly. The company was smartby positioning the game in such a window.