Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Aren't they adorable? Pre-order today at participating retailers for only $12.99 each.

I wouldn't mind a Samus or Yoshi, TBH.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Figurines that contain data for AI characters that are already playable in game is the same as microtranactions which literally sections off content with a paywall

What type of mental gymnastics do you guys even pull to come to this conclusion?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@speak_low said:

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

lol at the Memory Card comparison. Yeah, that's the same thing.

Memory Cards are needed for saves, while Amiibos are like DLC alternatives inside of cute plastic. If Amiibos just came in a plain SD card no one would buy it, which says a lot about the content inside.

Then why do some of the vita's memory cards cost like $100+ or rather close to $100 even though they should be costing less than that.

As I said in another post, they probably are expensive (as are most proprietary formats) and I'm not defending that. Sony, MS and Nintendo milk it all the time in different places. Hard to keep track when they've been in the business for a while and have so many products, and it's going to continue to happen. I can easily say that about Sony. But some Sheep can't even admit a simple milking effort like this when it's so obvious. Like their mouths just can't form the words "yeah, Nintendo is milking" and start trying to make Nintendo sound better and even brilliant: "oh, they are just smartly taking advantage of the collectibles market - great foresight on their part" or "they are giving gamers and fans options, which is a good thing" (but then post a picture of Memory Cards which are....options, lmao)

It doesn't bother me if people buy these Amiibos. Ain't my money. But they have to admit these Amiibos are superfluous things, with trivial stored data that levels up the AI stats of in-game characters. Didn't Sheep and others complain that too many publishers charge microtransactions or stupid little things that should be included in the game itself? So now they LOVE this Amiibo idea that is selling minor stats to improve AI character difficulty in SSBU that, I don't know, could've been included in the actual game.

I'm using the same complaints people here use all the time. But I guess it's tolerable and wonderful when Nintendo does it. Double standards, everywhere. Nintendo gets way too much of a pass for doing similar things, when they probably don't deserve it (they have more important priorities they need to set straight right now, not Amiibos)

No the difference is these are completely not needed to play super smash bros as we always have. They made a new feature that some people may or may not want and are selling it through these figurines. $ony and M$ however would rather that things that people need like memory cards or online and gouge their customers for them. $ony is the worse offender in this example because the memory cards are not only double what an SD card of a similar size would cost, but the memory cards them selves are very poor. They have rather slow data read and write speeds (even without considering their cost).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

I see absolutely no problem with this.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'll gladly take that Peach one.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#107 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Gimme the DK one.
Damien, I don't get it, Sony is much worse.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#108 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I see absolutely no problem with this.

It's Smash Bros. Melee all over again!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#109  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They look of the same quality as the Link figurine I got from Wind Waker. (very very good)