Nintendo milking their fanboys with Amiibo

• 107 results
#1 Edited by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

Let's be honest here, there's absolutely no point of these figurines other than milking their fanboys. 'Level up your figurines' ....HAHAHAHA don't make me laugh. 13 bucks for a tiny useless plastic LOL

Line up nintendrones get ready to be milked

*milk* *milk* *milk*

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26730 posts) -

Because Sony never milks, right Damien?

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19276 posts) -

Yeah I fucking hate when companies try to make money through completely optional items that I don't have to buy, I wish they'd charge me to use basic features of my console like online gameplay instead.

#4 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

LOL fanboy, U so jelly!

#5 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

If Nintendo owners see value in Amiibo's, then it is their choice to buy them. Simple as that.

#6 Edited by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -

If Sony/MS does it, it's milking.

If Nintendo does it, it's wisely capitalizing on alternative methods of revenue.

Amiibos are Nintendo's BS way of making people buy plastic save files. BS everywhere

#7 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Sony is nothing compare to nintendo when it comes to milking their fanboys. nintendo gets away with milking for the last 30 years with the same characters; zelda, mario and samus; over and over

#8 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

just look at this amazon chart, 8 out of 20 items are amiibo,

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12#1

how could any adult nintendo fanboy not feeling embarrassed buying these pos?

#9 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Zing!

#11 Posted by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Sony is nothing compare to nintendo when it comes to milking their fanboys. nintendo gets away with milking for the last 30 years with the same characters; zelda, mario and samus; over and over

Their milking of Mario will be their downfall. I swear people are getting sick of seeing that guy everywhere whenever Nintendo is mentioned.

#12 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (47147 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

/thread

#14 Posted by farrell2k (6131 posts) -

Skylanders is a billion dollar franchise. Why would Nintendo, with the absolute most profitable franchises in gaming, not get in on something like this???

#15 Posted by yokofox33 (29695 posts) -

The Vita memory cards pretty much ended the thread. At least Amiibos can be used as collectible items as well. I'm buying them.

#16 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

@speak_low said:

@-Damien- said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Their milking of Mario will be their downfall. I swear people are getting sick of seeing that guy everywhere whenever Nintendo is mentioned.

#17 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7846 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Zing!

That's why I don't have a vita.

That and the "no games" thing the vita has going on.

#18 Posted by big_mak523 (151 posts) -
@bobbetybob said:

Yeah I fucking hate when companies try to make money through completely optional items that I don't have to buy, I wish they'd charge me to use basic features of my console like online gameplay instead.

^

#19 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3576 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Pay-to-play online is such a great value though!

#20 Edited by clone01 (24758 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

The bigger question is why you make such awful threads, fanboy.

#21 Posted by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -

lol at the Memory Card comparison. Yeah, that's the same thing.

Memory Cards are needed for saves, while Amiibos are like DLC alternatives inside of cute plastic. If Amiibos just came in a plain SD card no one would buy it, which says a lot about the content inside.

#22 Posted by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Memory Cards are needed for saves, while Amiibos are like DLC alternatives inside of cute plastic. If Amiibos just came in a plain SD card no one would buy it, which says a lot about the content inside.

That makes it worse. You need those cards so Sony charge you up the wazhooo for them. Least you could use Scandisk on the old PSP.

#23 Posted by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Yep, proprietary memory cards are so needed for saves! Regular ole SD cards just aren't good enough for that. The system says "Sony" on it, so by golly the cards should have to have "Sony" on them too!

#24 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@-Damien- said:

to make fun (adult) nintendo fanboys who buy expensive tiny useless plastic

#25 Edited by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@clone01 said:

@-Damien- said:

Expensive pieces of plastic? People, glass houses and stones spring to mind.

#26 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2448 posts) -

Sony and Microsoft at least brings new IP, but Nintendo only milk Mario and Zelda forever

#27 Posted by clone01 (24758 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@clone01 said:

@-Damien- said:

So you admit your threads are awful?

#28 Edited by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

That makes it worse. You need those cards so Sony charge you up the wazhooo for them. Least you could use Scandisk on the old PSP.

I don't have PSP/Vita but I wouldn't be surprised if the cards were expensive. But what I was saying was the comparison didn't make sense - there are no cartoon characters inside of a Memory Card from Sony. They are used for save files for your media, not customary stats/cartoon characters so you can see new content inside of SSBU (which is almost like paying for DLC in plastic form, as I said).

@Bigboi500 said:

Yep, proprietary memory cards are so needed for saves! Regular ole SD cards just aren't good enough for that. The system says "Sony" on it, so by golly the cards should have to have "Sony" on them too!

Sony developed their own line of Memory Sticks/Cards to compete a long time ago. They didn't succeed (and even partnered up with SanDisk anyways) but they sure aren't going to just give up something they spent time developing and not use it for one of their own devices. Much like USB vs Firewire, or HD DVD vs Blu-Ray wars, there are format wars everywhere. Apple, Sony and MS have engaged and won and lost quite a few. (And it's not like Nintendo always has better storage solutions either)

As for the prices, I didn't pay attention to those days of Sony portables (never owned one) so I'm not defending whatever it cost, but I'm explaining how one is still an essential saving solution and the other (Amiibos) are different. Amiibos are additional, non-essential content locked inside a plastic shiny figure, meant to get youngsters (and grown men) more excited for them.

#29 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

@speak_low said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Sony developed their own line of Memory Sticks/Cards to compete a long time ago. They didn't succeed (and even partnered up with SanDisk anyways) but they sure aren't going to just give up something they spent time developing and not use it for one of their own devices. Much like USB vs Firewire, or HD DVD vs Blu-Ray wars, there are format wars everywhere. Apple, Sony and MS have engaged and won and lost quite a few. (And it's not like Nintendo always has better storage solutions either)

As for the prices, I didn't pay attention to those days of Sony portables (never owned one) so I'm not defending whatever it cost, but I'm explaining how one is still an essential saving solution and the other (Amiibos) are different. Amiibos are additional, non-essential content locked inside a plastic shiny figure, meant to get youngsters (and grown men) more excited for them.

Ohh I see, so you're saying it's just business? Makes sense.

Also, how are these optional toys any different from Amiibo?

Stop hating for such stupid and ridiculous reasons already.

#30 Edited by Speak_Low (1091 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Ohh I see, so you're saying it's just business? Makes sense.

Also, how are these optional toys any different from Amiibo?

Stop hating for such stupid and ridiculous reasons already.

Those Pre-Order packages, Limited Edition bundles and special deals go way back to the N64 and PS1 days. A lot of these packages probably have little (or anything) to do with the approval of Sony/MS/Nintendo and are publisher decisions.

The OP is laughing at this Amiibo thing as a way to sell non-essential game content (basically amounts to a form of microtransactions). I see so many complaints about Activision, Ubisoft and EA every day here about their Destiny Bundle packages, annualized games, microtransactions and milking. Okay, fine. But say something about Nintendo doing something kind of similar, and they get offended?

As I said above, everything Nintendo does is sooooo smart according to Sheep. People make Nintendo sound like the astrophysicist of gaming, or the Einstein of the industry. I don't know if they're that far away from the Britney Spears of gaming. They'd sure be doing a lot better now financially if their thinking and business strategies were sooooo amazing.

#31 Posted by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

Cows enjoy getting milked.

#32 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

@speak_low: It's the same damn thing any way you look at it. Think about it: we don't see posters making threads that make fun of Milla dolls available in collector editions, but we do see morons like the TC making hate threads about Amiibo, and anything Nintendo does, all day every day on SW, yet you're always talking like Nintendo and sheep are the ones doing all the hating and bashing.

You've got a pretty warped memory when it comes to SW history, assessing who the victims are, and fair play. smh

#33 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26730 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Sony milked and Bigboi provided damn good evidence of that.

To quote a generic male Imperial in Oblivion: "Don't talk such rot."

#34 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4914 posts) -

I'd buy a Kirby amiibo tbh.

#35 Edited by Bigboi500 (29942 posts) -

Aren't they adorable? Pre-order today at participating retailers for only $12.99 each.

#36 Posted by funsohng (27928 posts) -

Actually, a lot of figurine collectors I saw are saying that they are actually really high quality considering their price, and they might buy it even though they don't have Wii U

p.s. why would anyone buy a collector's edition with anime guy figurine? Ew.

#37 Edited by MonsieurX (30256 posts) -

Oh sweet irony.

#38 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8761 posts) -

@funsohng said:

Actually, a lot of figurine collectors I saw are saying that they are actually really high quality considering their price, and they might buy it even though they don't have Wii U

Are you referring to weeaboo's?

#39 Posted by lostrib (37023 posts) -

Well this blew up in Damien's face pretty face. Not really surprising

#40 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

Lol Damien thread...

#41 Posted by funsohng (27928 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@funsohng said:

Are you referring to weeaboo's?

Not really. I'm just saying, do you really want a figurine of anime guy as opposed to a girl with huge boobs?

#42 Posted by drummerdave9099 (716 posts) -

This thread has officially backfired

#43 Edited by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

@drummerdave9099 said:

This thread has officially backfired

Damien's threads always do.

#44 Posted by madsnakehhh (14405 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

And TC has left the thread after this.

Anyway, I'm getting the Kirby one, i'm also getting the Princess Peach and Rosalina for my nieces and a Mario for my nephew...problem TC?

#45 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11352 posts) -

Thanks for the link TC, I didn't even know you could preorder them already. I'll probably be getting Link

#46 Posted by freedomfreak (40616 posts) -

Hell, I'll buy some just to put 'em somewhere nice. They look good.

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Its so awesome that any fanboy would even make a thread about milkage at this point.

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Never understood the "gets away with" comment. One can only get away with a crime/or something that is supposed to be punishable. If people are buying these for 30 years, what is punishable about continuing to make what people wish to buy?

@-Damien- said:

You know there is a large portion of our society that thinks people over the age of 25 shouldn't be playing video games at all don't you? Why should any adult be ashamed of liking something that they purchase with their own money and is of no harm to any other person? At what age should adults not be doing this?

#49 Edited by MBirdy88 (8240 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sony and Microsoft at least brings new IP, but Nintendo only milk Mario and Zelda forever

"Lets make a Indiana Jones third Person shooter!" ... great now lets make 6 of them!

"Ok we milked that! what now? I know! a Zombie Apocalypse Third Person ashooter! .... lets rerelease it 8 months later!"

Ok guys, we milked our graphic whoring shallow third person shooters from naughty dog what now?

"LETS BUILD A STEAMPUNK THIRD PERSON SHOOTER"

#50 Edited by foxhound_fox (88391 posts) -

What milk? People love Skylanders and Disney Infinity. It's a great way to add collectibles to video games.

And the figures themselves seem of really high quality and would make excellent shelf toys.