Nintendo Management in Turmoil

• 107 results
#51 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

why? more people than ever have access to the final fantasy games. oh sure there are some junk mobile games there too though.

You mean like... All the Bravest? Holy crap, Jared does a great coverage on it's badness in his worse games of 2013.

#52 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2819 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Smdh I suggest you look on the net nintendo games are playable on android already along with many others. The dolphin emulator is alpha already and it's only a matter of time before wii games are stable at 1080p. Clearly if Nintendo does not get out in front of the mobile train it will leave without them. The handheld market Iwata is trying to protect is on it's way out.

Not many people are going to pay a couple hundred on a handheld and then 30 or more bucks for games on a limited platform in the future. Nintendo needs to improvise, adapt and overcome. The old way is obsolete and Nintendo will have to make some long overdue changes if they want to stay relevant.

So through unofficial methods. Doesn't count. Let that train leave then. If it kills Nintendo (and it won't as it's worth noting that some companies are in fact WORSE off as mobile devs, see: Capcom and Square Enix), then so be it. Better that they don't die a sell-out.

So stick your head in the sand then lol while everybody else plays Nintendo games on their phones. Really how dense is Iwata there is money to be made and he fears what might happen to the 3ds. Newsflash cell phone gaming won't go away if Nintendo does not support it. Same deal on pc people are playing Nintendo games even if Nintendo does not want to support the platform.

Many people like Nintendo games but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on crappy hardware.

#53 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

So stick your head in the sand then lol while everybody else plays Nintendo games on their phones. Really how dense is Iwata there is money to be made and he fears what might happen to the 3ds. Newsflash cell phone gaming won't go away if Nintendo does not support it. Same deal on pc people are playing Nintendo games even if Nintendo does not want to support the platform.

Many people like Nintendo games but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on crappy hardware.

Because, you know, god forbid he be right about nobody buying their hardware if they go that route (or for that matter, buy their content PERIOD!). I never said it would make it go away. What I am saying is that Nintendo is STILL better off without it.

So they say. If they don't like having buying more hardware for games they can't get anywhere else. Well, they should move on from Nintendo COMPLETELY, because it's obvious where their current interests lie and it's not with Nintendo.

#54 Posted by 2Chalupas (5204 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

As much as people hate Iwata, he seems to be the only one that is keeping Nintendo from developing on smartphones.

I really don't want Nintendo to be the next Square Enix.

Nintendo definitely needs a change, but it would be devastating if their new leadership pushed them towards mobile.

What I don't get is this: has the "smartphone" strategy actually been successful for any "major" gaming company that seriously pushes it as a priority? We see the big Japanese players Sega, Square, Capcom all talking about this - they all hyped "mobile gaming" strategies in recent years, they have also drastically pulled back their AAA development to "focus on mobile". Yet their financial results (and reputation in gaming world) seem to just keep getting worse and worse.

#55 Posted by musicalmac (23112 posts) -

That's what happens when a company loses money. It's difficult when another company out there is making devices people want more than your own. Nintendo is in a very difficult position, as are Sony and Microsoft.

#56 Posted by Heil68 (45691 posts) -

I hope they dont go to IOS, what a travesty that would be.

#57 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2819 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Because, you know, god forbid he be right about nobody buying their hardware if they go that route (or for that matter, buy their content PERIOD!). I never said it would make it go away. What I am saying is that Nintendo is STILL better off without it.

So they say. If they don't like having buying more hardware for games they can't get anywhere else. Well, they should move on from Nintendo COMPLETELY, because it's obvious where their current interests lie and it's not with Nintendo.

This is what is happening now hence the low sales. Every year more and more devices come out that can play games even my tv can play games. Sony has a new gaming service that streams games for the love of God the handwriting is on the wall.

I guess Iwata getting his pay cut for three years was not enough to wake him the fuck up. Nintendo is like blockbuster they refused to change and the company died as a result. I mean what has to happen before he see's the light. IMO they should fire all the old farts who are dragging the company down or at least demote them based on their horrible job performance.

#58 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

That's what happens when a company loses money. It's difficult when another company out there is making devices people want more than your own. Nintendo is in a very difficult position, as are Sony and Microsoft.

I wouldn't say Sony is in that situation at least not as far a consoles go.

#59 Posted by Zelda187 (999 posts) -

I've said for the past couple of years that Nintendo should just get out of the console game and divert all of their focus to the handheld market which is their bread and butter.

They caught gimmicky lightning in a bottle with the Wii, but that isn't happening again.

#60 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17911 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Seeing how devalued the mobile market has become (with Apple desperately trying to figure out ways for people to even pay for apps/games), I hope they don't give into these people's demands and sink to the level of creating shallow mobile experiences that people buy for $0.99, play an hour and then uninstall.

The whole reason Nintendo is even still around is because they craft their software to meld perfectly with their hardware... and they couldn't stay in business if all they made was software.

This mythological view of Nintendo needs to end. Nintendo don't make good games at all. They haven't for a long time. They make mediocre games that look like masterpieces to little kids.

Get off my planet.

#61 Posted by osirisx3 (1888 posts) -

wii u got no games

#62 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17911 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

@bbkkristian said:

As much as people hate Iwata, he seems to be the only one that is keeping Nintendo from developing on smartphones.

Nintendo definitely needs a change, but it would be devastating if their new leadership pushed them towards mobile.

What I don't get is this: has the "smartphone" strategy actually been successful for any "major" gaming company that seriously pushes it as a priority? We see the big Japanese players Sega, Square, Capcom all talking about this - they all hyped "mobile gaming" strategies in recent years, they have also drastically pulled back their AAA development to "focus on mobile". Yet their financial results (and reputation in gaming world) seem to just keep getting worse and worse.

Exactly. Mobile is not the place for Nintendo. Instead I want Nintendo to make common sense decisions like NES remix and EARTHBOUND should have been on 3DS.

#63 Posted by sonic_spark (4681 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, they need to overhaul their management and approach the next generation with a new mindset. The answer is not iOS, as so many of these short sighted investors seem to think, but to rethink their approach to consoles entirely. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does in the coming years, that is for sure.

I agree. The answer is not in mobile platforms be it Android, Windows, IOS, BB10, etc. Going mobile will effectively kill the Nintendo mobile platforms.

Nintendo needs a new approach to the console market. I think the answer is simple, be more western friendly. That includes their approach to online, third parties, console specifications etc. Secondly, it's having the first party software ready. They're almost 2 years into the console, and there should be more "big" first party titles out. And there isn't. Comes off as if Nintendo wasn't ready to make the HD jump.

But as to the topic, a short term investment into the mobile market does not have long term gains. I agree with Iwata. Let's make Reggie the top dog, and see how fast he takes names.

#64 Posted by musicalmac (23112 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@musicalmac said:

Sony is in arguably a much worse position than Nintendo. Both companies look like tired horses in a brand new race, and I don't know if they'll catch their second wind.

Even Microsoft looks incredibly vulnerable.

#65 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Shielder7 said:

@musicalmac said:

Sony is in arguably a much worse position than Nintendo. Both companies look like tired horses in a brand new race, and I don't know if they'll catch their second wind.

Even Microsoft looks incredibly vulnerable.

Sonys Console is in worse shape than Nintendos Console?

Ok man if you say so.

#66 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2819 posts) -

@sonic_spark said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, they need to overhaul their management and approach the next generation with a new mindset. The answer is not iOS, as so many of these short sighted investors seem to think, but to rethink their approach to consoles entirely. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does in the coming years, that is for sure.

I agree. The answer is not in mobile platforms be it Android, Windows, IOS, BB10, etc. Going mobile will effectively kill the Nintendo mobile platforms.

Nintendo needs a new approach to the console market. I think the answer is simple, be more western friendly. That includes their approach to online, third parties, console specifications etc. Secondly, it's having the first party software ready. They're almost 2 years into the console, and there should be more "big" first party titles out. And there isn't. Comes off as if Nintendo wasn't ready to make the HD jump.

But as to the topic, a short term investment into the mobile market does not have long term gains. I agree with Iwata. Let's make Reggie the top dog, and see how fast he takes names.

The leadership in Japan has been doing things so long I doubt they have the ability to see the big picture. Gaming as we know it on handheld will be replaced by netflix cloud based gaming on almost any device. Sony has already started down this path and is going to destroy Nintendo if they don't get their act together.

On console Nintendo should steal Sony's playbook like MS did. It's sad to see Nintendo in this shape after so many years making games. They may be forced to go third party if they keep the same clowns running the company into the ground.

#67 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

The leadership in Japan has been doing things so long I doubt they have the ability to see the big picture. Gaming as we know it on handheld will be replaced by netflix cloud based gaming on almost any device. Sony has already started down this path and is going to destroy Nintendo if they don't get their act together.

On console Nintendo should steal Sony's playbook like MS did. It's sad to see Nintendo in this shape after so many years making games. They may be forced to go third party if they keep the same clowns running the company into the ground.

So, in order to survive, Nintendo must sacrifice who they are and become sell-outs. That's what I read...

#68 Posted by ccagracing (817 posts) -

Nintendo are going down the toilet and its to do with the senior management. If we are honest, they caught a fad with the Nintendo wii and it sold well. The WiiU is not selling anywhere close to enough and despite having some excellent core titles. Nintendo need to get back to what they do best, the games, no more innovative tablet controllers or remote wand things that are rubbish; next gen, spec a good quality pad and a release a console capable of 1080p 60fps locked, release at £299 with some quality first party titles and they could take a massive marketshare back from MS & Sony. In the meantime I think they need to develop on the Apple IOS platform and release some of the back catalog and some new IP's that could lead in to sales on the console. I wouldn't bother with Android as the userbase is fragmented and to many specs of device. Apple will give them a consistent experience and they are not a direct competitor.

#69 Posted by musicalmac (23112 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Ok man if you say so.

That's not what I said, but I think you know that. Do you?

#70 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@ccagracing said:

Nintendo are going down the toilet and its to do with the senior management. If we are honest, they caught a fad with the Nintendo wii and it sold well. The WiiU is not selling anywhere close to enough and despite having some excellent core titles. Nintendo need to get back to what they do best, the games, no more innovative tablet controllers or remote wand things that are rubbish; next gen, spec a good quality pad and a release a console capable of 1080p 60fps locked, release at £299 with some quality first party titles and they could take a massive marketshare back from MS & Sony. In the meantime I think they need to develop on the Apple IOS platform and release some of the back catalog and some new IP's that could lead in to sales on the console. I wouldn't bother with Android as the userbase is fragmented and to many specs of device. Apple will give them a consistent experience and they are not a direct competitor.

When, again, going iOS hurt companies like Capcom, Square Enix and (now that 2Chalupas mentions it) SEGA have all done so and things got worse for them? I'm sorry, but if it was a bad idea for them, how in the hell is it a good idea for Nintendo to go that route?

#71 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2819 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

So, in order to survive, Nintendo must sacrifice who they are and become sell-outs. That's what I read...

You do understand that Nintendo's job is to make money for their investors not to kill the profits for personal pride right ??

#72 Posted by ccagracing (817 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ccagracing said:

When, again, going iOS hurt companies like Capcom, Square Enix and (now that 2Chalupas mentions it) SEGA have all done so and things got worse for them? I'm sorry, but if it was a bad idea for them, how in the hell is it a good idea for Nintendo to go that route?

If you do it right and develop a quality product, people will buy it as long as its reasonably priced. Old school Super Marios Bros 1,2 & 3 for £3.99 for the collection would be a massive seller, even Mario Bros 1 at £1.49! Going IOS give them a set of fixed hardware to work with, android has to many variables and devices all at different specs so harder to get the same experience. They could also then develop new titles that are designed with the touch interface in mind, a teaser to say, you played it on Ipad, now play it and the sequel on the WiiU.

#73 Posted by charizard1605 (58855 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

No, you read something completely wrong. He made complete sense. He said that to survive, Nintendo needs to stop being stubborn and insular, look at what the competition is doing right, look at market conditions, and then change accordingly. That is, in fact, a very sensible thing that he said, and also the only way, really, for a company to survive. Nintendo lasted 150 years precisely because they became 'sell-outs' in your words- first to Disney, then to their cab service, then to their love hotels, then to their compatibility testers, and then to this niche new market that was called video games, and then to a broader, blue ocean market that brought us the Wii and DS. A company has to constantly adapt itself and change what it is to survive- the reason Sony did so well with the PS4 isn't because it stubbornly stuck to some stupid notion of identity and pride, it's because it saw what Microsoft did right with the 360, and mimicked that strategy perfectly, kicking it into the stratosphere while it was at it.

Lol, man, no hard feelings, but I really hope you never have to run a business, I don't think you'd be dispassionate or ruthless enough to do it.

#74 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Shielder7 said:

Ok man if you say so.

That's not what I said, but I think you know that. Do you?

But that is what you said......

I said " I wouldn't say Sony is in that situation at least not as far as consoles go."

and you replied

"Sony is in arguably a much worse position than Nintendo"

So yeah......

#75 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: Eh? I don't see how Sony looked at the 360 and said "hey lets be like MS and copy them" when the 360 did poorly the first few years of last gen with the RROD (the PS3 did poorly as well) and it's typical for MS consoles to sell poorly in JP while Sony consoles have always been pretty decent at world wide sales. Not to mention the B slap Sony gave to MS at E3 2013.

What Nintendo needs to do is look at what MS and Sony did and notice how they dropped motion controls, PS eye and that stupid voice command Sony was toying around with back on the PS2. They need to stop with these stupid gimmicks they seem to have to with their consoles and give Mario a complete break and work on other IP's. Look at Sony's controller, they barely changed it (more like evolved it) compared to the PS1 controller, then you have MS and their controller which they make a few adjustments here and there every gen which is the same thing Sony does. Then there's Nintendo's controllers, which seem to be getting worse every damn gen.

This is pretty much a check list of what Nintendo does every gen, at least the past two gens and most likely will happen with this gen as well.

• Release a metric shyt ton of Mario games
  • Release one LoZ game
  • Sit on the idea of releasing a Metroid, Star Fox and a Fire Emblem game (at least we know there's gonna be a Star Fox game soon)
  • Ignore the 3rd party support with above mediocre games
#76 Posted by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

It is sad that this has happened but I don't think people are to surprised because the last gen they got lucky with the Wii and DS combo it was new. Touch screen has been a big thing for most uses. The developers couldn't use the capabilities of a Nintendo system maybe that's why they have decided to jump on the PS4 and XBox1 train.

#77 Posted by Buckhannah (339 posts) -

Smart phone gaming is crap. No buttons = no good.

#78 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -
@Buckhannah said:

Smart phone gaming is crap. No buttons = no good.

For games that try to emulate the control scheme of console it is terrible. Games that use the controls properly are quite good.

#79 Posted by musicalmac (23112 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

But that is what you said......

I said " I wouldn't say Sony is in that situation at least not as far as consoles go."

and you replied

"Sony is in arguably a much worse position than Nintendo"

So yeah......

Sony financially, as a company, is probably in worse shape than Nintendo. With no Sony, there is likely no Playstation. That's pretty basic.

Unless they spun it off somehow, but I don't know exactly how that would work.

#80 Posted by parkurtommo (27367 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Ah yes, Square Enix. The publisher of many terrible games such as Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Hitman Absolution. Terrible, just terrible.

#81 Posted by airshocker (30329 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I just find it baffling that Ninty doesn't try and compete on the same level as the other big two. They easily have the strongest 1st party catalog that could let them utterly dominate if they put out a console that could keep up with the big two...

Or if they stuck to handhelds and started making these games for the other two consoles.

#82 Posted by parkurtommo (27367 posts) -

This is by no means a good thing. Nintendo is like the comedic relief of the industry, get rid of them and your left with a very depressing race to become the world's best "shit PC" (as yahtzee put it). We need these guys to keep the balance...

Ah well, maybe once they go third party, the industry will crash and subsequently reinvent itself, that will be fun to see.

#83 Edited by bbkkristian (14963 posts) -

@parkurtommo: the very same Square Enix who made FFXIII, FFXIII2, and Lightning Returns. The very same Square Enix who refuses to release Dragon Quest games on handhelds, but puts them on mobile. The very same Square Enix who published and developed the mobile monstrosity called FINAL FANTASY ALL THE BRAVEST.

#84 Posted by LustForSoul (5898 posts) -

Iwata knows what's up.

#85 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

You do understand that Nintendo's job is to make money for their investors not to kill the profits for personal pride right ??

Where YOU realize that what investors ask for isn't the answer? Like I said, they asked for the death of the XBOX brand. They ask for stupid ideas that they think will work, when it won't.

@parkurtommo said:

Ah well, maybe once they go third party, the industry will crash and subsequently reinvent itself, that will be fun to see.

I think they should pull out of the industry before they go third party and ruin themselves completely, but the other part, I agree. Maybe a loss of Nintendo would give that kick in the pants the industry needs right now for what the hell is wrong with it.

@airshocker said:

Or if they stuck to handhelds and started making these games for the other two consoles.

Because THAT'LL work when even their freaking handhelds are struggling at this point. They can't stand on one leg.

#86 Posted by superbuuman (2991 posts) -

They just need to stop with gimmicky controller..don't try to fix what's not broken..embrace the internet a little bit more. Provide stuff that's already the norm ranking stats etc...eg. Mario Kart 8 stuff were cut out - Why? Eat the humble pie & rebuild relationship with 3rd parties or pay for exclusive. Create a console that's cheap to develop & also cheap to buy NOT gimmick tablet controller that made it expensive. :P

#87 Edited by santoron (7792 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

1. It was something said a long time ago. Right now, I can't find a link to it, but I'll update it when (and IF I ever find it) I do. Until then, here's Iwata reaffirming that going third party is not happening. Regardless, Investors don't give a fuck about how a company works. They asked Microsoft to kill off the XBOX for gods' sake. They only care about the money and they would stay on board if Nintendo did something they didn't agree with, but still ended up giving them buck.

2. (that'll go in to a later point)

3. How is getting out of one sector NOT giving up? Seriously, how? They'd be calling it quits just because people ask them too. If that isn't giving up, I don't know what is.

4. Look at the sales charts, which (mostly) shows what the gaming are interested in overall. PS3 and 360 sales charts have games from the likes of Activision (Call of Duty), EA (Battlefield, BioWare, Madden, FIFA), Capcom (Street Fighter), Bethesda (Fallout, Elder Scrolls), Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed), Rockstar (Grand Theft Auto), etc. Do you think Nintendo would stand a chance against all of those? Not to mention, many gamers have shown to have massive double standards. They admit hate for the likes of EA and Activision, but yet, they have games that still sell well. Do you really think Nintendo would thrive the same just because people ASK them to pull a stunt equal to playing Russian Roulette with a Revolver Magnum that's fully loaded?

Let's not even get started on the high potential of their quality upright losing it or hell, pulling sell out moves like be a licensee for an anime/manga (or any IP from another form of media) that's popular. The latter fits well for Atari (okay, it was infogrames, but legally they became Atari so it still counts) and Dragon Ball (granted, it had gems, but a good chunk of shovelware like this).

1. Sure, Investors will go along with shutting down an unprofitable sector if they have another profitable one to go with. But Nintendo doesn't make anything else. They are a video games company. Period. So no, the investors aren't going to allow Nintendo to stop making games because the CEO has hurt feelings going 3rd party....

3. It isn't giving up because the hardware isn't - or shouldn't - be the point! The hardware is there to enable you to play the games, and that's it. You can't do much else with it (especially Nintendo's hardware). The games are the point. And even when Nintendo has been going good the hardware is making them far less money than the software and requires huge investments in R&D to prep another gen. If Nintendo was a Chinese restaurant the Games would be the food, and the hardware would be the chopsticks. Who cares who designed the chopsticks?

4. Do I think Nintendo games would thrive on consoles that also have major third party franchises? Yup I sure do. Why? Because we've seen with the aberrant success of the Wii what some of these Nintendo franchises can sell with the kind of install bases that their hardware competitors are far more likely to provide. Astronomical numbers. There are far more gamers out there that want to buy a good Mario game than there are gamers generally wanting to buy another system to only buy Mario Games.

Nintendo games sell when they are made available to customers on platforms they own. Considering most of Nintendo's potential customers aren't wanting to buy current Nintendo hardware, it's smart to bring your products to a market where the customers are. Are you really so afraid of how Nintendo games would do on a platform that actually gets 3rd party support? You shouldn't be. Besides, if the only reason Nintendo games sell well is because Nintendo owners don't have much else of quality to choose from, then they really aren't worth worrying over anyhow. But I don't think that's true, and neither do you.

#88 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48102 posts) -

Great to see that Nintendo is being prevented from going the way of the lame smartphone games, but Nintendo needs to think of a new better idea for a new console... no more Wii stuff, began losing interest in their consoles after GCN. (Hopefully Nintendo can hold out, too many companies losing business these days.)

#89 Posted by parkurtommo (27367 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@parkurtommo: the very same Square Enix who made FFXIII, FFXIII2, and Lightning Returns. The very same Square Enix who refuses to release Dragon Quest games on handhelds, but puts them on mobile. The very same Square Enix who published and developed the mobile monstrosity called FINAL FANTASY ALL THE BRAVEST.

Final Fantasy is a thing of the past! :p

#90 Posted by airshocker (30329 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@airshocker said:

Because THAT'LL work when even their freaking handhelds are struggling at this point. They can't stand on one leg.

Lets see, when they stop wasting their money on consoles that's going to leave an even bigger margin for profit on their software. It's not a hard concept to understand so I'm not sure why you even responded to me.

#91 Posted by Heirren (17716 posts) -

Nintendo has to publish their games to keep the brand intact(quality). If Nintendo funds all of their projects, it doesn't make sense to give a cut to the companies whose consoles theyd release the games on. Nintendo makes money on their hardware along with their software. Someone ought to post the earnings of the big three over the last 15 years. Fact of the matter is that the industry is in turmoil.

#92 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9851 posts) -

I don't think that phones can run a typical Nintendo game. You need tight controls to play a game like SMB.

I'm not against Nintendo going third party on phone platforms, but let's be real: it means Nintendo has to spend time and resources making new software for that platform, not ports. (there are some exceptions I'm sure)

#93 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -
@airshocker said:

Lets see, when they stop wasting their money on consoles that's going to leave an even bigger margin for profit on their software. It's not a hard concept to understand so I'm not sure why you even responded to me.

No, it won't. I've already said why to santoron (and numerous other users in past threads) that Nintendo wouldn't stand a chance as a third party. So, if anything, it would be an even lower margin. If people don't care enough to buy a Nintendo system for their games, I doubt they'll care when they are third party.

#94 Edited by BranKetra (49035 posts) -

Nintendo needs something new, marketable, and most of all, iconic.

#95 Posted by flashn00b (2936 posts) -

Am i the only one who thinks that the notion of Nintendo developing for PS4/Xbox One/PC isn't all doom and gloom? Granted, it's far more likely that they'll just go all in on the handhelds if all else fails.

#96 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

@flashn00b said:

Am i the only one who thinks that the notion of Nintendo developing for PS4/Xbox One/PC isn't all doom and gloom?

Obviously not if you had history of reading forums like this.

#97 Posted by KungfuKitten (21200 posts) -

Who needs management?

#98 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27226 posts) -

In case any more third party arguments come up, I found a blog post that sums up a good chunk of my feelings on why it is a bad idea.

EDIT: Chris Kohler at Wired even thinks them going mobile is a horrible idea.

#99 Posted by Gue1 (10404 posts) -

making games for phones would be the same as killing their only source of income which right now it's the 3DS.

#100 Posted by Gue1 (10404 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

In case any more third party arguments come up, I found a blog post that sums up a good chunk of my feelings on why it is a bad idea.

EDIT: Chris Kohler at Wired even thinks them going mobile is a horrible idea.

that's not a good enough argument. Sounds more like a desperate sheep looking for excuses about why going 3rd party would be bad for nintendo.

There would be layoffs, quality would go down like sega's, nintendo lacks experience in coding for other machines... Like seriously come on. lol