Nintendo is the greatest game company of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

Nintendo

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Not much love for Ensemble, sadly. Consolites strike again.Stevo_the_gamer
Well, Microsoft closed Ensemble so long ago. They're hardly relevant anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love them (heck, I voted for them in the prelims), but can you blame anyone?

Yes, I can blame them. Just like I blame consolites for not knowing what Westwood Studios is. :P

WUT IS TEH WESTWOOD
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Rockstar worked with the studios that created MP3, and LA Noire--they weren't behind it themselves. This is an issue when you have a company that has branches all over the world, like Ubisoft for example. GTAIV was disappointing, but EFLC was quite fantastic.charizard1605

why all the GTA IV hate on SW? it was a great game... a huge jump forward from gta III which was technically the last Main GTA game

It feels incredibly compromised and scaled back after GTA: San Andreas.

And yet somehow it doesn't have the absolute worst story and characters out of all of them

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Rockstar worked with the studios that created MP3, and LA Noire--they weren't behind it themselves. This is an issue when you have a company that has branches all over the world, like Ubisoft for example. GTAIV was disappointing, but EFLC was quite fantastic.charizard1605

why all the GTA IV hate on SW? it was a great game... a huge jump forward from gta III which was technically the last Main GTA game

Please provide examples of said scaling back :P Besides all of the ridiculous mini games everywhere I'm not sure what is missing

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Not much love for Ensemble, sadly. Consolites strike again.Stevo_the_gamer
Well, Microsoft closed Ensemble so long ago. They're hardly relevant anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love them (heck, I voted for them in the prelims), but can you blame anyone?

Yes, I can blame them. Just like I blame consolites for not knowing what Westwood Studios is. :P

Consolites are young, confirmed :P Westwood... it pains me that of the Holy Trinity of RTS gaming, only one survives into the modern day (and that one is the one I always liked least, lol)
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 parkurtommo

C&C eh? Well I only like the more recent C&Cs so whatever.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#57 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, Microsoft closed Ensemble so long ago. They're hardly relevant anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love them (heck, I voted for them in the prelims), but can you blame anyone?

WUT IS TEH WESTWOOD

FFFFUUUUUU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="inb4uall"] why all the GTA IV hate on SW? it was a great game... a huge jump forward from gta III which was technically the last Main GTA game

inb4uall

Please provide examples of said scaling back :P Besides all of the ridiculous mini games everywhere I'm not sure what is missing

Well, one small city instead of an entire state, fewer vehicles, lack of stuff like train jacking, most of the over the top stuff like rampages and jetpacks missing, the entire RPG stats thing that San Andreas introduced gone, gang/turf wars gone. Just to name a few.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Yes, I can blame them. Just like I blame consolites for not knowing what Westwood Studios is. :P

WUT IS TEH WESTWOOD

FFFFUUUUUU

hehehe
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

Forgive my ignorance ensamble what did they make again?

charizard1605
One of the greatest game series of all time: Age of Empires Ensemble made Age of Empires, Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Mythology: The Titans, and Halo Wars. Every single one of those games except for the last one was genre defining.
Rockstar worked with the studios that created MP3, and LA Noire--they weren't behind it themselves. This is an issue when you have a company that has branches all over the world, like Ubisoft for example. GTAIV was disappointing, but EFLC was quite fantastic.Stevo_the_gamer
That's true I guess. And yeah, EFLC was great, as was Chinatown Wars.

Everybody then was either playing Sim City or Age of Empires on the computers. Those games sold out and stores were like wondering what to do with people who ordered in advance and then regular buyers. no stock, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

parkurtommo
But the newer C&C games suck :( [QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Everybody then was either playing Sim City or Age of Empires on the computers. Those games sold out and stores were like wondering what to do with people who ordered in advance and then regular buyers. no stock, lol.

I remember. More so because no one really played AoE like it was supposed to be played, they always played with cheat codes :P
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] It feels incredibly compromised and scaled back after GTA: San Andreas.charizard1605

Well, one small city instead of an entire state, fewer vehicles, lack of stuff like train jacking, most of the over the top stuff like rampages and jetpacks missing, the entire RPG stats thing that San Andreas introduced gone, gang/turf wars gone. Just to name a few.

No, somethings wqrong with you. Number one problem is no planes, that should have been your first though. Not nose diving into random people and watching them brun after jumping out with a parachute! Actually, now that i think about it, the city was barely big enough for a plane.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 inb4uall

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] It feels incredibly compromised and scaled back after GTA: San Andreas.charizard1605

point taken. I was a Game cube man last gen so I never got to experience the game except for what little I played at friends houses. Is there an HD remake/ is it on PSN XBL? I guess I'll have to play through it now

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

charizard1605

But the newer C&C games suck :(

Maybe for people with corrupt levels of nostalgia like you :P Since I didn't play C&C at the time I have no reason to prefer them.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, Microsoft closed Ensemble so long ago. They're hardly relevant anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love them (heck, I voted for them in the prelims), but can you blame anyone?

Consolites are young, confirmed :P Westwood... it pains me that of the Holy Trinity of RTS gaming, only one survives into the modern day (and that one is the one I always liked least, lol)

You like Blizzard the least? I guess I did too only because Ensemble and Westwood were so good. Blizzard took some cues from Dune 2 when Warcraft released, but Westwood struck back when C&C 95' released. The 90s were such a great decade for strategy games to grow and evolve.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#66 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
All hail Nintendo. :P
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

SONY. :D

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I think people held this gen too strongly against Capcom. In previous gens they still stand as one of the top developers/publishers.

Plus they are porting Okami to PSN HD :P

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

$ony. To bad Sega didn't make it. :cool:

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Nintendo.

I dont know why but from the other topic I thought we were just going to be voting for the top 3, not 5 :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

No, somethings wqrong with you. Number one problem is no planes, that should have been your first though. Not nose diving into random people and watching them brun after jumping out with a parachute! Actually, now that i think about it, the city was barely big enough for a plane.StatusShuffle
Yeah. GTA IV had so much stuff missing :(

point taken. I was a Game cube man last gen so I never got to experience the game except for what little I played at friends houses. Is there an HD remake/ is it on PSN XBL? I guess I'll have to play through it now

inb4uall

I actually bought a PS2 just to play GTA (in hindsight, one of the best decisions of my life considering how great the PS2 was).

There is no HD remake, but the Xbox version of the game is available on XBLA should you be so inclined. If you want to play it in HD, you should get the PC version.

Maybe for people with corrupt levels of nostalgia like you :P Since I didn't play C&C at the time I have no reason to prefer them.

parkurtommo

No, they were legitimately bad games :x
You like Blizzard the least? I guess I did too only because Ensemble and Westwood were so good. Blizzard took some cues from Dune 2 when Warcraft released, but Westwood struck back when C&C 95' released. The 90s were such a great decade for strategy games to grow and evolve. Stevo_the_gamer
Yeah. I actually never liked them much at all and always found them overhyped until Warcraft 3 (which remains their masterpiece).

The 90s were great. The Command and Conquer games were brilliant, especially Red Alert, the Age of Empires games sucked away my entire childhood, and Blizzard was experimenting with Warcraft and Starcraft. We've had nothing like it since. There was Rise of Nations, there was Sins of a Solar Empire, but that's about it, I think.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 inb4uall

I think people held this gen too strongly against Capcom. In previous gens they still stand as one of the top developers/publishers.

whiskeystrike

F U. Capcom is one of the industry leaders as far as treating their customers like crap. On disk DLC is unforgivable. NOt to mention they have re-released a better version of the exact same game like 4 months later multiple times.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#73 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Nintendo is the greatest simply because they have been around as a company for the longest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

dr_jashugan
If it helps, they almost did :P

F U. Capcom is one of the industry leaders as far as treating their customers like crap. On disk DLC is unforgivable. NOt to mention they have re-released a better version of the exact same game like 4 months later multiple times.

inb4uall
Yeah, but they used to be at the forefront of industry innovation not so long ago.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

charizard1605

No, they were legitimately bad games :x

Good scores say otherwise ;)

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 parkurtommo

Apart from C&C4, obviously >.>

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

inb4uall

The increase started last gen as well. Capcom was always highly inconsistent in quality since they first started. All their rpg attmepts where gabage except one series, BOF, which they ditched and focused on re-releasing fighting games that "made the company more money" which they also did with megaman, but that series is as inconsistent as Capcom is. capcom has Street Fighter and RE now, all their other franchises are pretty much irrlevant at this point, and all of them were inconsistent.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StatusShuffle

Nintendo is the greatest simply because they have been around as a company for the longest.

Gamingclone
What?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

StatusShuffle

The increase started last gen as well. Capcom was always highly inconsistent in quality since they first started. All their rpg attmepts where gabage except one series, BOF, which they ditched and focused on re-releasing fighting games that "made the company more money" which they also did with megaman, but that series is as inconsistent as Capcom is. capcom has Street Fighter and RE now, all their other franchises are pretty much irrlevant at this point, and all of them were inconsistent.

You forget Monster Hunter.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="inb4uall"] F U. Capcom is one of the industry leaders as far as treating their customers like crap. On disk DLC is unforgivable. NOt to mention they have re-released a better version of the exact same game like 4 months later multiple times.charizard1605

Which is also inconsistent in both sales, and critic reviews and fan review, but you are right it is more so relevant than the others. Kind of.
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Gamingclone

No.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Out of those Sony.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I voted Sony, but i still feel like the quality pushed out by Square Soft is still unmatched by anyone to this day, they were the best.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="inb4uall"] F U. Capcom is one of the industry leaders as far as treating their customers like crap. On disk DLC is unforgivable. NOt to mention they have re-released a better version of the exact same game like 4 months later multiple times.charizard1605

Oh and Age of Empires online, have you played that?
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Nintendo
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

GamingGod999

No.

That's not even true, especially gaming wise.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 inb4uall

[QUOTE="dr_jashugan"]

charizard1605

If it helps, they almost did :P

inb4uall

Yeah, but they used to be at the forefront of industry innovation not so long ago.

but they fvcked up. Valve nintendo Sony Rockstar. All of these comapnies at least treat their customers with respect. Blizzrd not somuch lately with D3, but watever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] The increase started last gen as well. Capcom was always highly inconsistent in quality since they first started. All their rpg attmepts where gabage except one series, BOF, which they ditched and focused on re-releasing fighting games that "made the company more money" which they also did with megaman, but that series is as inconsistent as Capcom is. capcom has Street Fighter and RE now, all their other franchises are pretty much irrlevant at this point, and all of them were inconsistent.

Unfortunately.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Nintendo

U jelly cows/lems/herms?

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] You forget Monster Hunter.

Unfortunately.

Yeah, i was expecting a similar reaction. Not the same without Ensemble at the helm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Oh and Age of Empires online, have you played that?

Unfortunately.

Yeah, i was expecting a similar reaction. Not the same without Ensemble at the helm.

Yep. Even with Ensemble, the quality of the games had begun to go down. Age of Empires III was a shell, and easily the worst in the series. Thankfully, the BHG developed expansions made it better.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Gotta go with Nintendo.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Lol!:lol:

The top 5 is the following the same pattern as last thread.

Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

Gotta go with Nintendo, no question. I don't think that anyone can even come CLOSE to matching them as a games company. They make and have made the best games of all time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Looks like the Diablo III debacle really hurt Blizzard and their credibility.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Unfortunately.charizard1605

Yep. Even with Ensemble, the quality of the games had begun to go down. Age of Empires III was a shell, and easily the worst in the series. Thankfully, the BHG developed expansions made it better.

But then I don't know if you knew about MS rushing some of the production and the attempted EA buyout being a main cause of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Yeah, i was expecting a similar reaction. Not the same without Ensemble at the helm.

But then I don't know if you knew about MS rushing some of the production and the attempted EA buyout being a main cause of it.

Of Age of Empires III? No, tell me more.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yep. Even with Ensemble, the quality of the games had begun to go down. Age of Empires III was a shell, and easily the worst in the series. Thankfully, the BHG developed expansions made it better.

Of Age of Empires III? No, tell me more.

EA wanted to expand ultima, which they already killed at this point and everyone knows what happened to that franchise at the end. They wanted to buy the studio in return with splitting profit with MS, but they would only get a share of the Ultima they envisioned and EA would get the rest of profits made by AG3 and all other games in the series. But before they figured that out, they pushed up the schedule to meet EA's artificial deadline. EA did a good job covering that up, they probably would have caused a disaster especially with how they were just beating all the credibility out of the Ultima franchises at the time. It was already dead by this point, but whatever was left.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 StatusShuffle
Looks like the Diablo III debacle really hurt Blizzard and their credibility.charizard1605
What was so bad about Diablo 3? Have not been keeping up with it.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

StatusShuffle

What?

Nintendo is more than a 100 years old. Sure they havent been doing video games for that long, but thats why I said company instead of video game company.

Doesnt make sense? what do you expect, this is system wars.