Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

@davillain- said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Well if there's one thing I was piss-off more then Metroid Prime 3DS, it's Star Fox Zero gameplay at E3 and I actually bitch about that one.

What about Federation Force were you pissed off about?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davillain- said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Well if there's one thing I was piss-off more then Metroid Prime 3DS, it's Star Fox Zero gameplay at E3 and I actually bitch about that one.

I'm in different with Star Fox, since Miyamoto is working with Platinum games with it. I'm more angry the fact that it still doesn't have Online Mode for multiplayer.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

These "Metroid fans" shitting on Federation Force don't even know why they're shitting on it for and it's hilarious.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@Samus3D said:
@Ghost120x said:

I think the metroid game was another game at first like Project codename steam. It was to simply be a new ip for the 3ds, but after seeing how that game bombed they decided to tack on the names of one of their lesser known ips to boost the games chances. Since metriod was a shooter and there were the prime games. They thought why not tack on metroid in the name.

Just a theory.

You'd have to be a true Metroid fan to see where they're coming from with Federation Force. It's a cannon Metroid Prime game setting up the future for the Metroid Prime 4, that shows Nintendo hasn't given up on Metroid and that they are getting this train back on track. It's also about the Galactic Federation fighting the Space Pirates with online co-op which is something every true Metroid fan has ever wanted. Sure, it might not be the mature artstyle people want but it's by Tanabe and Next Level so it'll be good, wether people like it or not.

I know of the Federation Force and I have nothing wrong with the idea in theory, but the way they presented it and the system it's on. It also (from the looks of it right now) lacks the atmosphere and ambiance of a prime game. Like it was going to be some shovelware shooter ip.

A metroid game without samus is like a zelda game without link. It just doesn't work. The should have made another prime game on Wii U and made this part of the multiplayer similar to The Last of Us multiplayer with the survivors. It would have made perfect sense and samus would still be in the single player. Retro would have done a much better job on Wii U. It makes me wonder what they are doing.

me personally, I never wanted any of this. I wanted a 2.5 metroid game that plays just like the classic games done like new super Mario bros style (with the 3d Gamecube like character models)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FireEmblem_Man

@Ghost120x said:
@Samus3D said:
@Ghost120x said:

I think the metroid game was another game at first like Project codename steam. It was to simply be a new ip for the 3ds, but after seeing how that game bombed they decided to tack on the names of one of their lesser known ips to boost the games chances. Since metriod was a shooter and there were the prime games. They thought why not tack on metroid in the name.

Just a theory.

You'd have to be a true Metroid fan to see where they're coming from with Federation Force. It's a cannon Metroid Prime game setting up the future for the Metroid Prime 4, that shows Nintendo hasn't given up on Metroid and that they are getting this train back on track. It's also about the Galactic Federation fighting the Space Pirates with online co-op which is something every true Metroid fan has ever wanted. Sure, it might not be the mature artstyle people want but it's by Tanabe and Next Level so it'll be good, wether people like it or not.

I know of the Federation Force and I have nothing wrong with the idea in theory, but the way they presented it and the system it's on. It also (from the looks of it right now) lacks the atmosphere and ambiance of a prime game. Like it was going to be some shovelware shooter ip.

A metroid game without samus is like a zelda game without link. It just doesn't work. The should have made another prime game on Wii U and made this part of the multiplayer similar to The Last of Us multiplayer with the survivors. It would have made perfect sense and samus would still be in the single player. Retro would have done a much better job on Wii U. It makes me wonder what they are doing.

me personally, I never wanted any of this. I wanted a 2.5 metroid game that plays just like the classic games done like new super Mario bros style (with the 3d Gamecube like character models)

^^This! I know Samus will make an appearance, but still, I'm hoping for a new Prime game on the NX with Armature Studios helping out Retro Studios. As Mark Pacini is needed to fill in the void

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

@Samus3D: They're shitting on it, because its not what some expected at the right time. I guess this is KILLING the Metroid name. ( Even if they don't really know much about it) A spin off is the end lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FireEmblem_Man
@TrappedInABox91 said:

@Samus3D: They're shitting on it, because its not what some expected at the right time. I guess this is KILLING the Metroid name. ( Even if they don't really know much about it) A spin off is the end lol

You're soooo right! I know nothing of the series, even though I've been a fan for sooooo long since it came out on the NES.....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56067 Posts

@Samus3D: Did you even read my previous post when I already stated the issue? (my comment on it on the first page)

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Sorry hardcore Metroid fan. We all sometimes feel second class, but it happens. I'm sure you and many others feel fucked over, but it happens. Just don't buy the game. Cash is the number one reason why any company does anything.

If I was Nintendo, I would save Metroid for the NX ect. Wii U is suffering bad, so why waste AMAZING ips on it right now.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@TrappedInABox91 said:

You're soooo right! I know nothing of the series, even though I've been a fan for sooooo long since it came out on the NES.....

You might want to play the Metroid Prime Trilogy and scan everything.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FireEmblem_Man

@GameboyTroy said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@TrappedInABox91 said:

You might want to play the Metroid Prime Trilogy and scan everything.

Already did, I love the Prime series! I hated Other M, Fusion was okay, Zero Mission was meh

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#62 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I'm not one of those dumb people that sign a pointless petition

Glad to know. Hating on a game is understandable, but trying to get it cancelled is just ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I'm sure the new Metroid for 3DS will be fun.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FireEmblem_Man

@PonchoTaco said:

It didn't look fun to me, especially from the gamers participated in Nintendo World Championship 2015 Demo

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@PonchoTaco said:

It didn't look fun to me, especially from the gamers participated in Nintendo World Championship 2015 Demo

Here's more stuff about the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBu5haRZ9A8&list=PL2JiZAV5BmDU_Dk6KuW8in13DnxerYMU3&index=6

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@GameboyTroy: nice of them to still support the original DS.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

don't buy it and move on. They'll learn when they're bankrupt.

Why is this so hard for gamers to understand? Stop complaining on a forum that Nintendo doesn't read and start talking with your wallets. Stop supporting these BS practices that companies have you believing is the future. Stop the $$$ stop the change. Simple as that.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@GameboyTroy said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@PonchoTaco said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBu5haRZ9A8&list=PL2JiZAV5BmDU_Dk6KuW8in13DnxerYMU3&index=6

Still doesn't look fun, also those treehouse presenters look more like paid actors than actual gamers

I believe Metroid Prime Hunters sold pretty well on the DS. Nothing spectacular, but it was solid. I personally liked Hunters and thought it was a solid game with a strong Quake 3 type feel to it.

Loading Video...

Above: To all the people who bitched about Metroid Prime Hunters not being ‘metroid enough’, after Federation Force, you owe us an apology… And I’m still waiting for Weavel to have his own game.

You want a Metroid spin-off? How about Metroid Prime Pinball. Oh yeah….

Loading Video...

I love how the beginning of the video the reviewer says people were worried that Nintendo would start making all these Metroid spin-offs. Federation Force proves this to be true.

The truth is that good products do not have to be ‘explained’ to the customer. Every time Nintendo drops the ball, be it Virtual Boy, Wii U, or whatever, Miyamoto goes out there and demands new marketing. But the problem is that you cannot ‘explain’ a good product. Wii Sports was never ‘explained’. It was simply played live. Wii Fit was never explained. It was simply shown playing. Everyone got it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FireEmblem_Man

@nini200 said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Why is this so hard for gamers to understand? Stop complaining on a forum that Nintendo doesn't read and start talking with your wallets. Stop supporting these BS practices that companies have you believing is the future. Stop the $$$ stop the change. Simple as that.

I'm just going to put this here

The truth is that good products do not have to be ‘explained’ to the customer. Every time Nintendo drops the ball, be it Virtual Boy, Wii U, or whatever, Miyamoto goes out there and demands new marketing. But the problem is that you cannot ‘explain’ a good product. Wii Sports was never ‘explained’. It was simply played live. Wii Fit was never explained. It was simply shown playing. Everyone got it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nini200

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@PonchoTaco said:

Still doesn't look fun, also those treehouse presenters look more like paid actors than actual gamers

I believe Metroid Prime Hunters sold pretty well on the DS. Nothing spectacular, but it was solid. I personally liked Hunters and thought it was a solid game with a strong Quake 3 type feel to it.

Loading Video...

Above: To all the people who bitched about Metroid Prime Hunters not being ‘metroid enough’, after Federation Force, you owe us an apology… And I’m still waiting for Weavel to have his own game.

- Metroid Prime Hunters single player is what most people complained about from my rememberance. The Online play was freaking Great! Yep very reminiscent of Quake 3/Unreal Tournament 99. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't incorporated that kind of Online play into a console Metroid Prime. Echoes had Multiplayer but barely anybody touched it. A full console Metroid Prime with online similar to Hunters would be great!

And I want Noxus and Spire to get their own games. Kanden was cool too. Trace was a cheap tool and I wished he got Nerfed.

Loading Video...

I love how the beginning of the video the reviewer says people were worried that Nintendo would start making all these Metroid spin-offs. Federation Force proves this to be true.

I loved Metroid Prime Pinball too. It was a solid pinball game with Metroid characters. What's not to like? She could drop bombs, shoot enemies, fight Metroids and it had online play and a great soundtrack. I'm a pinball fan so this was a fun title in my opinion. Sure it wasn't Metroid as we all knew but it was fun.

Federation Force should not have had the Metroid name attached to it as it seems to not feature anything of Metroid on it outside of being on other planets.

Good quote btw and it does make sense. Imagine them explaining Mario lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FireEmblem_Man

@nini200 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@PonchoTaco said:

Loading Video...

- Metroid Prime Hunters single player is what most people complained about from my rememberance. The Online play was freaking Great! Yep very reminiscent of Quake 3/Unreal Tournament 99. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't incorporated that kind of Online play into a console Metroid Prime. Echoes had Multiplayer but barely anybody touched it. A full console Metroid Prime with online similar to Hunters would be great!

And I want Noxus and Spire to get their own games. Kanden was cool too. Trace was a cheap tool and I wished he got Nerfed.

Loading Video...

I loved Metroid Prime Pinball too. It was a solid pinball game with Metroid characters. What's not to like? She could drop bombs, shoot enemies, fight Metroids and it had online play and a great soundtrack. I'm a pinball fan so this was a fun title in my opinion. Sure it wasn't Metroid as we all knew but it was fun.

Federation Force should not have had the Metroid name attached to it as it seems to not feature anything of Metroid on it outside of being on other planets.

Good quote btw and it does make sense. Imagine them explaining Mario lol

Oh, I agree it shouldn't bare the name Prime and should be its own spin-off name but Nintendo always think games sell better with a name slapped on the face. Good thing this wasn't the case for Splatoon as they wanted Mario's face slapped on it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 nini200

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Oh, I agree it shouldn't bare the name Prime and should be its own spin-off name but Nintendo always think games sell better with a name slapped on the face. Good thing this wasn't the case for Splatoon as they wanted Mario's face slapped on it.

If they would have slapped Mario's face on Splatoon, it would not have sold as well. Half of the reason the game stands out is because of the character design and Mario would have been just more of the same old stuff.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FireEmblem_Man

@nini200 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

If they would have slapped Mario's face on Splatoon, it would not have sold as well. Half of the reason the game stands out is because of the character design and Mario would have been just more of the same old stuff.

Yep, I agree! It's a shame that Nintendo hasn't figured that out yet

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FireEmblem_Man

@DocSanchez said:

@GameboyTroy: nice of them to still support the original DS.

Yes, the game looks far worst than Prime: Hunters

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Who cares how it looks, i just want to know how good it is. If i bought every book because of its cover i would have a lot of shatty books.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Who cares how it looks, i just want to know how good it is. If i bought every book because of its cover i would have a lot of shatty books.

Stop using cliche's to justify games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: Stop hating on games yall know nothing about. A games looks tells you nothing about the content inside, maybe it looks the way it does so 4 players can coop in the world at 60fps and not have lag issues. And even if it did appear to be the worst graphical Metroid game to date, its probably the funniest Metroid a fan has ever played.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Stop hating on games yall know nothing about. A games looks tells you nothing about the content inside, maybe it looks the way it does so 4 players can coop in the world at 60fps and not have lag issues. And even if it did appear to be the worst graphical Metroid game to date, its probably the funniest Metroid a fan has ever played.

You haven't played it neither, so there! The game looks more like a chore from the videos I've seen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: All im saying is if its not the Metroid you want, then complain about Nintendo not providing a Samus Metroid, but lets stop with hating on Metroid Prime Federation Forces, 3DS fans do not deserve to have their games hated on just cause people wish Samus was back. 3DS was never going to get a big Samus game, or well not never, but if they would have Wii U fans and Samus fans would have still been upset.

This Metroid game is our only chance to try and get Japan to love Metroid. Once we have their love, then we can get us a big Metroid game for the whole world to enjoy, we all want Samus Metroid, but for some reason we arent getting one, and stopping Federation Forces will not give us one either.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I liked Other M.

And don't understand the hate for Federation Force. All Metroid "fans" should be lining up to buy it and show their support for the IP, rather than bitching and moaning that Nintendo doesn't have the justification to throw money away on another game in the franchise that doesn't sell well enough to recoup costs. Oh wait, I mean make a game that less than a million people will buy. Oh wait, I mean make the game "gamers want".

I'm considering going out and buying a 3DS to show my support for the franchise, like any "true" fan would do. But the whole focus on multiplayer is a bit of a turn off, since I really don't have the means to play it on a regular basis.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 foxhound_fox

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I think Sakamoto would be good for making a 2D Metroid for Wii U, and let Tanabe make the 3D Metroid Prime. Sakamoto should have something soon, i dont think ive heard what hes working on, but im sure its something.

Why do you keep defending the guy? He's not the father of Metroid, Gumpei Yokoi is and he's gone!Retro can make a better Metroid (and possible a better 2D Metroid) than Sakamoto, hell anybody can make a better Metroid game than Sakamoto

One cannot mention Gunpei Yokoi and Metroid in the same sentence/paragraph without mentioning Satoru Okada as well. Yokoi was just a producer, Okada was the director. Or all the talent at Nintendo R&D1 for that matter.

And let's not forget who was the director of Super Metroid, the game hailed as the greatest in the franchise by most.

That's right, Yoshio fucking Sakamoto.

He's been a part of every Metroid game as DIRECTOR, that wasn't a Prime game, since Super. He is a large part of the reason why Metroid exists and was even remotely commercially viable for over 20 years.

He didn't ruin anything, he just wanted to make a the game he wanted to make, and you and others didn't like it. Plenty of people and Metroid fans alike did like it and actually want more games like it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FireEmblem_Man

@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I think Sakamoto would be good for making a 2D Metroid for Wii U, and let Tanabe make the 3D Metroid Prime. Sakamoto should have something soon, i dont think ive heard what hes working on, but im sure its something.

Why do you keep defending the guy? He's not the father of Metroid, Gumpei Yokoi is and he's gone!Retro can make a better Metroid (and possible a better 2D Metroid) than Sakamoto, hell anybody can make a better Metroid game than Sakamoto

One cannot mention Gunpei Yokoi and Metroid in the same sentence/paragraph without mentioning Satoru Okada as well. Yokoi was just a producer, Okada was the director. Or all the talent at Nintendo R&D1 for that matter.

And let's not forget who was the director of Super Metroid, the game hailed as the greatest in the franchise by most.

That's right, Yoshio fucking Sakamoto.

He's been a part of every Metroid game as DIRECTOR, that wasn't a Prime game, since Super. He is a large part of the reason why Metroid exists and was even remotely commercially viable for over 20 years.

He didn't ruin anything, he just wanted to make a the game he wanted to make, and you and others didn't like it. Plenty of people and Metroid fans alike did like it and actually want more games like it.

But it's only one good game Sakamoto has made. He finally made his vision of Metroid with Other M and ruined it

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 foxhound_fox

@FireEmblem_Man said:

But it's only one good game Sakamoto has made. He finally made his vision of Metroid with Other M and ruined it

Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission aren't good games? Are you high? You call yourself a Metroid fan?

Good. The franchise doesn't need your support. Go be sour in the corner.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FireEmblem_Man

@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission aren't good games? Are you high? You call yourself a Metroid fan?

Good. The franchise doesn't need your support. Go be sour in the corner.

What happen to you Fox, you used to be so cool :(

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FireEmblem_Man

@Heil68 said:

But you love Nintendo.

Not as much as you ;)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By foxhound_fox

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Being pessimistically critical of everything is cool?

Glad I'm a cautiously optimistic square now.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FireEmblem_Man

@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I always liked you Foxhound_Fox..... I thought we be bros?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@nini200 said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Talking with your wallets doesn't work with Nintendo because it operates under the assumption that they would be able to determine correctly what is being said. You can be assured that Nintendo will assign every incorrect reason as to why games perform poorly aside from why they actually do. A company has to listen and try to be somewhat objective in their determinations for customers to hold power with their wallets. If they are delusional, incompetent, arrogant, or all of the above, it's worthless and will probably end up with even a worse result in the end.

Such is Nintendo. They only hear what they want to, so using our wallets is futile with this management.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

All Metroid "fans" should be lining up to buy it and show their support for the IP,

What, shut up, no

I like Other M, but that is a stupid thing you just wrote.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I like Other M,

The **** man D:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jg4xchamp

@Chozofication said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I like Other M,

The **** man D:

It's a good action game, the controls are stupid yes, but the actual core action is still engaging, the boss fights are badass, and if I'm being honest I had way more fun playing that game than the fucking disappointment that was Metroid Prime 3. Both of them try to be more actiony metroids, Other M actually did it right, because it wasn't busy pimping out some motion control bullshit that Nintendo forced on Retro.

As for it's story? yes it's garbage. You know what was also garbage? Every metroid story ever fucking told. Fusion reads like some bullshit fucking fan fiction, and people think Samus was cock hungry in Other M? She was cock hungry in Fusion, for a dead dude. So Sakamoto sucking duck at telling a story? Not a surprise to me. Nevermind Super Metroid, oh yeah this giant life sucking beast thing decides to sacrifice itself for Samus, because it thinks Samus is mommy....bitch are you serious?

I don't have low enough standards to appreciate a lolvideogamestory much less a fucking Metroid story. Prime 1 and 2 are at least kind of cool in how they are told, and how they dial back Sakamoto's shit, and only vaguely hint at the older games. But again I'm not into Metroid for its lore, the only potential there is Samus going to battle with the federation which was hinted at the end of fusion. Beyond that yes Other M had iffy controls, that created gameplay short comings like having to stand still to shoot missiles. The level design was complete and utter garbage, aesthetically the game is gross, but for the core action and those boss fights with Ridley, Phantoon and that other thing? Sign me the **** up. As far as its status as worst sequel to a great nintendo franchise, it wouldn't even rank. Sunshine exists, and it is way more insulting to Mario than Other M is to Metroid. I'd say Skyward Sword also fits the billing, but while Skyward Sword is a legit awful game, Zelda in 3D is simply not good enough for that game to be insulting to that series. Low standard series that is that Zelda.

That said the greater potential for Metroid to me is building on what Prime 2 (Prime 1 is perfect, but Prime 2 is richer) did or Super Metroid (especially given how many metroid styled games that come out), anything else is just building on a lesser game, unless we're talking Metroid Pinball 2. I'm perfectly fine with the sequel to the best pinball game ever.

Some 4 player coop shit?
Some sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters made by the cats who made Luigis Mansion 2?
Metroid Soccer?

No fucking thank you. I'd rather a new ip and for Nintendo to be like you know what Metroid is good, it had a great run. But video game companies are allergic to that kind of thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Super.

Metroid.

Maker.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Heirren said:

Super.

Metroid.

Maker.

I'm not against this, but that's just spinning wheels until they either

A: Actually come up with something cool for the series
B: Realize they fucking peaked

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

Yeah it was more poking fun at the title because Mario Maker looks like it is going to be a blast.

Structurally people would have a hard time actually building up a Metroid game.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#95 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I liked Other M.

And don't understand the hate for Federation Force. All Metroid "fans" should be lining up to buy it and show their support for the IP, rather than bitching and moaning that Nintendo doesn't have the justification to throw money away on another game in the franchise that doesn't sell well enough to recoup costs. Oh wait, I mean make a game that less than a million people will buy. Oh wait, I mean make the game "gamers want".

I'm considering going out and buying a 3DS to show my support for the franchise, like any "true" fan would do. But the whole focus on multiplayer is a bit of a turn off, since I really don't have the means to play it on a regular basis.

I don't understand this mentality. Why should I, or anybody else, "support" an IP if it keeps releasing bad games?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Well, i'm with you the core 3rd person mechanics are aight, shame about having to use the wii mote sideways (worst way to control a game on the Wii, esp. in a game with 3D movement ffs). But it does have gimmicky motion controls as well, although I didn't mind them in prime 3 and they never got in the way of combat or exploration.

The pointer controls were great though. I know prime 3 isn't as good as the previous games in terms of immersion or challenge, but it's still metroid prime. It still has interesting lore, great music and atmosphere, great art and is just a great game all around. It's no prime or echoes, no, but y'know, those games were pretty much perfect. I'm glad we got something different in prime 3 and I enjoyed every minute of it. Next time though, I agree they need to build on Echoes and make a definitive metroid experience.

Other M's motion controls though? Having to point the remote at the screen to aim was a dumb ass move. For one, you can't move while doing it and secondly it's jarring. It has its place but not when you're moving around freely fighting fodder.

@jg4xchamp said:

As for it's story? yes it's garbage. You know what was also garbage? Every metroid story ever fucking told. Fusion reads like some bullshit fucking fan fiction, and people think Samus was cock hungry in Other M? She was cock hungry in Fusion, for a dead dude. So Sakamoto sucking duck at telling a story? Not a surprise to me. Nevermind Super Metroid, oh yeah this giant life sucking beast thing decides to sacrifice itself for Samus, because it thinks Samus is mommy....bitch are you serious?

Haha, can't argue with you there. But at least there was no voice acting in the 2d ones :p Plus when I say the story is bad i'm comparing it to the prime games which has just the right amount and it's handled well.

@jg4xchamp said:

Sunshine exists, and it is way more insulting to Mario than Other M is to Metroid. I'd say Skyward Sword also fits the billing, but while Skyward Sword is a legit awful game, Zelda in 3D is simply not good enough for that game to be insulting to that series. Low standard series that is that Zelda.

I really like Sunshine, it has a few issues but it's not a bad game. It starts feeling the same a lot due to the theme of the game, and the blue coins -_-

But besides FLUDD the mechanics are a straight evolution of Mario 64 and it's more responsive as well. Looking great doesn't hurt either..

Skyward sword was pretty much trash, yeah, even though it had some good and seriously interesting design in there the bad vastly outweighs the good and you're more chore boy in that game than in any other Zelda by a long shot. They failed at the most simple of tasks when designing that game and Fi is the worst partner ever.

Anywwho, sans the controls, Metroid other M is ok. Yeah the story being shit doesn't really bother me, it's just that it's emphasized so much and the dialog is so cringey.

Hopefully we get Metroid prime for NX and not Metroid prime beach volleyball next time :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Heirren: 'Cept that level design for a Metroid game takes a great deal of talent. At least Super Metroid did.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 foxhound_fox

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I didn't know we stopped being bros?

I'm just calling you out on your shitposting.

Any fan of Metroid loved Fusion, Zero Mission and Other M. They should dislike games like Return of Samus and Hunters.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 foxhound_fox

@Heirren said:

Super.

Metroid.

Maker.

You're welcome.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FireEmblem_Man

@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I didn't know we stopped being bros?

I'm just calling you out on your shitposting.

Any fan of Metroid loved Fusion, Zero Mission and Other M. They should dislike games like Return of Samus and Hunters.

But I'm a fan of Metroid, and I though Fusion was okay, not as good as Super, Zero Mission was eh, and Other M just plain sucked. But how does that make me less of a Metroid fan? I just don't want Sakamoto to handle the franchise anymore. Also, for Federation Force, it would have been better if it didn't have the Prime name slapped on it.