FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Nintendo acts like gaming revolves around developers and their ‘visions’ and studios. Gaming actually revolves around games and gamers. The reason why the 2015 Nintendo World Championship was fun is because it revolved around GAMES and GAMERS. It did NOT revolve around developers. We did not have to watch a ‘developer’ talk about a game while surrounded by Yoshi dolls.

It’s not that Nintendo doesn’t understand this business. They do. They just don’t like it. They don’t like that they, their ‘developer visions’, do not guide or control the market. The Metroid: Other M vs Real Metroid is a perfect example of this. But you can see they want their franchises to go their way. This would make sense if their way actually sold copies. It doesn’t. They just blame the marketers and change their execution of the same wrong thing over and over again.

I seriously wonder if Metroid Prime Galactic Force (or whatever it is called) is a deliberate attempt to destroy the Metroid Prime IP. We know Sakamoto doesn’t like Metroid Prime and what it represents.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think the metroid game was another game at first like Project codename steam. It was to simply be a new ip for the 3ds, but after seeing how that game bombed they decided to tack on the names of one of their lesser known ips to boost the games chances. Since metriod was a shooter and there were the prime games. They thought why not tack on metroid in the name.

Just a theory.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Nintendo acts like gaming revolves around developers and their ‘visions’ and studios. Gaming actually revolves around games and gamers. The reason why the 2015 Nintendo World Championship was fun is because it revolved around GAMES and GAMERS. It did NOT revolve around developers. We did not have to watch a ‘developer’ talk about a game while surrounded by Yoshi dolls.

It’s not that Nintendo doesn’t understand this business. They do. They just don’t like it. They don’t like that they, their ‘developer visions’, do not guide or control the market. The Metroid: Other M vs Real Metroid is a perfect example of this. But you can see they want their franchises to go their way. This would make sense if their way actually sold copies. It doesn’t. They just blame the marketers and change their execution of the same wrong thing over and over again.

I seriously wonder if Metroid Prime Galactic Force (or whatever it is called) is a deliberate attempt to destroy the Metroid Prime IP. We know Sakamoto doesn’t like Metroid Prime and what it represents.

lol don't like it? Then don't buy it and move on. They'll learn when they're bankrupt and sucking D*** for cash. Or they will run for another century after we're all dead and forgotten. In the end its their business and as a customer you decide if their product is to your liking.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

It's not one or the other. Developers create games according to their vision and present it to the popular audience to share and celebrate. Some games resonate with us, others do not.

You can't make games without artistic vision and you can't keep making more of them if they don't resonate with an audience.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Sakamoto might be working on another Metroid, his Tomodachi Life was a world wide success. The dude has mad skills. Let Tanabe do his Metroid Federations, he wants to make a coop 3DS game, he loves 3DS, he can work on something else Metroid while this one is on the market. He says he wants to explain the federation forces, since one will be after Samus in new Metroid.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man:He might be working on another Metroid, his Tomodachi Life was a world wide success. The dude has mad skills. Let Tanabe do his Metroid Federations, he wants to make a coop 3DS game, he loves 3DS, he can work on something else Metroid while this one is on the market. He says he wants to explain the federation forces, since one will be after Samus in new Metroid.

HELL NO!!! He ruined Metroid and he'll be killing Metroid even further! Enough of him!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: But who is best to revive it then the man himself?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: But who is best to revive it then the man himself?

Look at Other M, why hasn't he mentioned the Prime series? After all, fans loved them, he's jealous of Retro Studios accomplishment of reviving Metroid.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

There's a chance that Galactic Federation could be fun, y'know. May not be the Metroid game that we want but it could still be a decent game. Coop can be fun, that's for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: I think Sakamoto would be good for making a 2D Metroid for Wii U, and let Tanabe make the 3D Metroid Prime. Sakamoto should have something soon, i dont think ive heard what hes working on, but im sure its something. He stayed before he likes making new IPs i think, but i bet he could help with a 2D one.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I think Sakamoto would be good for making a 2D Metroid for Wii U, and let Tanabe make the 3D Metroid Prime. Sakamoto should have something soon, i dont think ive heard what hes working on, but im sure its something.

Why do you keep defending the guy? He's not the father of Metroid, Gumpei Yokoi is and he's gone! Retro can make a better Metroid (and possible a better 2D Metroid) than Sakamoto, hell anybody can make a better Metroid game than Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@FireEmblem_Man: All im saying is hes all we got, if not him then who? Hes an awesome game designer, look at all the great games hes designed and produced. He even supervised on Splatoon. He wouldnt be making another Metroid: Other M, he would just be making new 2D Metroid.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Yeah **** artistic vision, who needs that when you can be a joyless husk who's job is to just tick off boxes

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FireEmblem_Man

@mesome713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: All im saying is hes all we got, if not him then who? Hes an awesome game designer, look at all the great games hes designed and produced. He even supervised on Splatoon. He wouldnt be making Metroid: Other M 2, he would just be making new 2D Metroid.

For the last time, NO!!! What part of No can't you understand? He's a shit game designer, just look at how awful Other M's design. I don't care if he did Supervised Splatoon, he had his chance with Metroid and blew it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FireEmblem_Man

@Shinobishyguy said:

Yeah **** artistic vision, who needs that when you can be a joyless husk who's job is to just tick off boxes

Nintendo and Artistic vision? LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

The nintendo conference I watched was clearly about the game.

Nintendo are the artists of the industry. The art of videogames is in game design, not visuals.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man

@Heirren said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

Nintendo are the artists of the industry. The art of videogames is in game design, not visuals.

I don't see the art in them making Metroid Prime: Galactic Force

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

You need help if it affects you this much, seriously.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

Nintendo is a company run by programmers who are more interested in releasing games and consoles they want, as opposed to what consumers want. This has been Nintendo's problem for years, and they still have not realized it.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I don't really agree with this 100% but I agree with enough of it.

That being said, the worst part about all that, is that they act like it revolves only around THEIR developers rather than developers in the gaming community as a whole. Their systems are clearly designed to largely favor their own in house developers over 3rd parties and they give little to no support in helping 3rd parties develop games on their systems.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

We know Sakamoto doesn’t like Metroid Prime and what it represents.

Eh, what...WHAT?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FireEmblem_Man

@aroxx_ab said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

We know Sakamoto doesn’t like Metroid Prime and what it represents.

Eh, what...WHAT?

He doesn't acknowledge their existence in Other M

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

LOL So many butthurt Metroid fans. Whining just because they didn't get what they expected on time. I'm not a Metroid fan, so I couldn't care less, but Federation may be good for all we know.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@TrappedInABox91 said:

LOL So many butthurt Metroid fans. Whining just because they didn't get what they expected on time. I'm not a Metroid fan, so I couldn't care less, but Federation may be good for all we know.

Well if you are a Metrioid Prime fan and got used to:

Loading Video...

and then many waiting for a real Metroid for WiiU Nintendo announce Metroid Prime: Federation Force...ofc fans get pissed

Loading Video...

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#26 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

@Zassimick said:

There's a chance that Galactic Federation could be fun, y'know. May not be the Metroid game that we want but it could still be a decent game. Coop can be fun, that's for sure.

I'm sorry, but this "oh it could be fun" argument really frustrates me to no end. You're pretty much acknowledging that the game isn't going to be anywhere near as good as the previous Metroid games and what's depressing to see is that you're already content with that.

This self-satisfaction in mediocrity is one of the reasons why the videogame industry continues to shovel out garbage and why the industry continues to stagnate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heirren said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

I don't see the art in them making Metroid Prime: Galactic Force

Didn't find it interesting, myself. Glossed over it and stopped paying attention. I was making more of a general statement.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Nintendo should have just showed that Direct on Sunday with all of their other stuff.

It would have soften the Backlash with Ryu and Mother 1 announcements.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

Are you an idiot TC? Nintendo has the biggest and highest Attach Rate in the industry with their games. They have the biggest sales numbers in history, games-wise. They know what people want, and they continue to give it. They just don't make the same game 4-5 times a generation like everyone else does. You are lame and boring.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

You go guy, preach it. .

TBH, I only read the thread title. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

This whole bullshit on Metroid Prime coming to 3DS needs to stop, seriously. You know what? I'm not going to stress over this. Sure, this isn't a "real" Metroid game, but Hyrule Warriors isn't a "real" Zelda game, and that one turned out pretty well. Sometimes, going a nontraditional direction with a series can make for a refreshing game. And if it doesn't, we don't have to play it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Nintendo 99%/98% metacritic rating franchises.

Best around, nothing can change that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#33 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@samusbeliskner: They act like Apple. If I remember correctly Steve Jobs said that "The consumer don't know what they want until you sell it". The thing is in America people prefer realistic graphics, cinematic presentation, FPS and blood.

Nintendo focus more on the gameplay and then they are like ... well it would work as a Mario. So they make the caracters and world Mario. They could make a 2d Splatoon game if their core mechanics fit the Splatoon skin.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#34 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@SpinoRaptor24: To me the industrie is stagnant because Sony, Microsft and PC offer the same controler schem for the 4 gen now ... the only progress they make is in the visual and nothing else. At least Nintendo try to shake things up a little bit by changing the controler, the way we interact with the game, even if it is still a Mario game, it doesn't play like the previous one.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@Coco_pierrot said:

@SpinoRaptor24: To me the industrie is stagnant because Sony, Microsft and PC offer the same controler schem for the 4 gen now ... the only progress they make is in the visual and nothing else. At least Nintendo try to shake things up a little bit by changing the controler, the way we interact with the game, even if it is still a Mario game, it doesn't play like the previous one.

That's one of Nintendo's biggest problems.

Their goofy fucking controller designs.

Ever since the N64 they've been doing this. Most people don't want that silly shit.

They want a simple, straight forward controller that's responsive and feels naturally comfortable in their hands.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@frank_castle: Do you remember how painful the N64 controller was? That thing hurt my thumb as a kid, lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@ultimateimp said:

@frank_castle: Do you remember how painful the N64 controller was? That thing hurt my thumb as a kid, lol.

Only in Mario Party games did it hurt, that freaking twirling of the stick in may of the mini games killed me. lol

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@ultimateimp said:

Hated it

And I've never understood the praise for the Gamecube controller either. Especially for the same issue that you just mentioned with the N64.

That yellow, pointy right joystick would stab the **** out of your thumb while playing.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FireEmblem_Man

@ultimateimp said:

Are you an idiot TC? Nintendo has the biggest and highest Attach Rate in the industry with their games. They have the biggest sales numbers in history, games-wise. They know what people want, and they continue to give it. They just don't make the same game 4-5 times a generation like everyone else does. You are lame and boring.

Prove it, because Wii U sales are a lot worst than its older brother, the Gamecube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@frank_castle said:
@ultimateimp said:

Hated it

And I've never understood the praise for the Gamecube controller either. Especially for the same issue that you just mentioned with the N64.

That yellow, pointy right joystick would stab the **** out of your thumb while playing.

It's the gate around the stick. It just makes sense. Modern controllers should still have them. It gives the analog stick a sense of digital accuracy in 3D games....same reason fightsticks have a gate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

LOL...well said though. You can't have games without artistic vision.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FireEmblem_Man

@davillain-: Its not because its coming to the 3DS, its because it looks like a mess. That mini game they showed off in the demo was very underwhelming in the Nintendo Championship tournament and the gamers playing not were unimpressed. I expected better from Kenny than this.... But alas, maybe they have moved the new main Metroid to the NX? I'm hoping for Retro team up with Armature Studios with the new main Problem me game

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

But you love Nintendo.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Nintendo's biggest problem is nintendo. They got lucky with the Wii (capturing the casual crowd) but that fanbase is not loyal.

It's easy to fix nintendo but will they do it?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#45 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I seriously hope you weren't one of those people who signed that dumb petition...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Speak for yourself. I like hearing the developer stories as well as watching the World Championships. Why can't we have both?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I kinda agree with you.

NX might be the last Nintendo console if it sales as poorly as Wii U does and that might happen because of

1) Newcomers in gaming dont give an F about Nintendo anymore like youngsters of 90s/early 00s. They are like "mario ? Whatever " .. "Kart , well its ok" " Smash ? ah who cares " etc etc ... They dont care or there are people like me that simply dont care , never cared never will ... They need NEW IPs or different approach or both in order to lure people in ... So ...

2) Except the hardcore Nintendo fans everyone else got tired with the same IPs over and over

3) Lack of major multiplatform games making Nintendo consoles more of a secondary console , a luxury if you like for the ones that dont mind or have the money to own more than 2 platforms.

They cant do really well if they dont sort out the 3 examples i made ... Thats why Nintendo consoles ending up in a serious life support way earlier than competition , dying that fast and having thousands of its base whine about it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FireEmblem_Man

@Jag85 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I seriously hope you weren't one of those people who signed that dumb petition...

I'm not one of those dumb people that sign a pointless petition

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

I think the metroid game was another game at first like Project codename steam. It was to simply be a new ip for the 3ds, but after seeing how that game bombed they decided to tack on the names of one of their lesser known ips to boost the games chances. Since metriod was a shooter and there were the prime games. They thought why not tack on metroid in the name.

Just a theory.

You'd have to be a true Metroid fan to see where they're coming from with Federation Force. It's a cannon Metroid Prime game setting up the future for the Metroid Prime 4, that shows Nintendo hasn't given up on Metroid and that they are getting this train back on track. It's also about the Galactic Federation fighting the Space Pirates with online co-op which is something every true Metroid fan has ever wanted. Sure, it might not be the mature artstyle people want but it's by Tanabe and Next Level so it'll be good, wether people like it or not.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Well if there's one thing I was piss-off more then Metroid Prime 3DS, it's Star Fox Zero gameplay at E3 and I actually bitch about that one.