Nintendo Hypocrites: We're primarily a gaming machine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
Thats what Nintendo has been touting these past decades. But The thing I dont get is if thats true...then where are the online games? Instead they throw out useless multimedia channels instead of online multiplayer first.

Basically this is how I feel. (taken from IGN Wii Tuesdays topic response)

George: "I have to say, when it comes to Nintendo's online plan, I've been disappointed thus far. Sure I can surf the web, check out the news, or check the weather, but these are all things I can do on my computer in a much quicker and easier fashion. What I want out of my console online plan is to PLAY GAMES ONLINE. Nintendo didn't include DVD drives on its last two systems because they believe a console should be primarily for playing games. If thats the case, when I think of using my consoles online functionality, it shouldn't start and end with the weather and the news. I'm with you guys, I don't need XBox live functionality, but let me easily get online, play a game of Madden or two with my friends, and maybe let me chat with them while I'm at it. I'm hoping that Nintendo will get on the ball and offer a solid online gaming experience someday, but until then, I'll have to remain skeptical."
Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
I care more about the quality of the Nintendo online games than the amount currently being produced (hopefully)
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
You sound as though you think that they're using resources that would otherwise be developing the online infrastructure.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Online multiplayer is not a priority to them.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Japanese_Monk
Online multiplayer is not a priority to them.TrueReligion_
And the news, weather, and voting channels are....lol.
Stoner-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Stoner-Dude
Member since 2005 • 1544 Posts
Well I think that it will take long in proportion to the other console because nintendo is starting from scratch while sony an msoft already have online comunities ready made. I'll give it half a year st the very least before it gets to be a true online gaming comunity.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Japanese_Monk
Well I think that it will take long in proportion to the other console because nintendo is starting from scratch while sony an msoft already have online comunities ready made. I'll give it half a year st the very least before it gets to be a true online gaming comunity. Stoner-Dude
Well. The DS is online. So was the NES (in japan). All nintendo consoles had online capabilities...and the GC had one online game....so....maybe not.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts
nintendos forcing you to get friends, why don't you post on an internet message board about how much you hate them.. maybe you'll make some friends that way

(honestly im not knocking online, its especially necessary for finding skilled players)
BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
all the "Cahnnels" arent directly related to the Wii and are free AND optional. instead of boosting the price the Channels are just a little extra stuff if we CHOOSE to download. although caws dont get to CHOOSE many things so i dont expect them all to comprehend what Nintendos doing

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
You sound as though you think that they're using resources that would otherwise be developing the online infrastructure.yodariquo

They are.

Online infrastructure requires four resources.
Money, Servers, technicians, and time.

Guess what? every channel consumes money, servers, technicians, and time.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Japanese_Monk
nintendos forcing you to get friends, why don't you post on an internet message board about how much you hate them.. maybe you'll make some friends that way

(honestly im not knocking online, its especially necessary for finding skilled players)
voxware00
what?
Stoner-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stoner-Dude
[QUOTE="Stoner-Dude"]Well I think that it will take long in proportion to the other console because nintendo is starting from scratch while sony an msoft already have online comunities ready made. I'll give it half a year st the very least before it gets to be a true online gaming comunity. Japanese_Monk
Well. The DS is online. So was the NES (in japan). All nintendo consoles had online capabilities...and the GC had one online game....so....maybe not.

well surprise surprise I live in Canada. I dun think an online infrastructure meant for a handheld can hold up a console for real-time gaming without some serious work so yeah...
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="Stoner-Dude"]Well I think that it will take long in proportion to the other console because nintendo is starting from scratch while sony an msoft already have online comunities ready made. I'll give it half a year st the very least before it gets to be a true online gaming comunity. Stoner-Dude

well surprise surprise I live in Canada. I dun think an online infrastructure meant for a handheld can hold up a console for real-time gaming without some serious work so yeah...

Huh? I was pointing out that Nintendo knows how and what to do. Theyve been working at it since the started gaming. Online gaming isnt the primary focus which is pretty sad seeing as other trivial things are that dont even relate to gaming in anyway...
Stoner-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stoner-Dude
[QUOTE="Stoner-Dude"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="Stoner-Dude"]Well I think that it will take long in proportion to the other console because nintendo is starting from scratch while sony an msoft already have online comunities ready made. I'll give it half a year st the very least before it gets to be a true online gaming comunity. Japanese_Monk

Huh? I was pointing out that Nintendo knows how and what to do. Theyve been working at it since the started gaming. Online gaming isnt the primary focus which is pretty sad seeing as other trivial things are that dont even relate to gaming in anyway...

I may know how to build a house but that doens't mean it still won't take me a while. Xbox live wasn't made overnight
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
[QUOTE="yodariquo"]You sound as though you think that they're using resources that would otherwise be developing the online infrastructure.Grive

They are.

Because that's really the problem here. Not enough man-power or money to get online functioning. That's like saying because Mario Party 8's in development, Metroid Prime 3 was delayed. They're unrelated.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
all the "Cahnnels" arent directly related to the Wii and are free AND optional. instead of boosting the price the Channels are just a little extra stuff if we CHOOSE to download. although caws dont get to CHOOSE many things so i dont expect them all to comprehend what Nintendos doing

BigBadButters
well a lot of sheep are CHOOSING online play. oops! wrong choice
JamesHirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 JamesHirst
Member since 2006 • 1122 Posts
Again, we have to wait. There will be online, but you have to be patient. Don't think it will be anything like the 360 online. Xbox live is definitely a serious business. 
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
[QUOTE="Grive"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]You sound as though you think that they're using resources that would otherwise be developing the online infrastructure.yodariquo

They are.

Because that's really the problem here. Not enough man-power or money to get online functioning. That's like saying because Mario Party 8's in development, Metroid Prime 3 was delayed. They're unrelated.

Unless money is diverted to Mario Party 8, which forces Metroid to have a smaller development group and therefore a longer development cycle. Take an economics class, please. Grive is right.