Nintendo has the best games right now.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

Out of next gen Nintendo is crushing it with games. 3d mario world, new zelda for 3ds.

#2 Edited by resevl4rlz (3257 posts) -

haha no just no

#3 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

haha no just no

Enjoy Knack and Ryse.

#4 Posted by trugs26 (5243 posts) -

haha no just no

It's true and I thought this was commonly agreed upon. Seriously, Zelda and Mario World are the best two games for the holiday.

#5 Edited by bezza2011 (2331 posts) -

Please give me a break, Nintendo have the best games right now blah blah blah, lets gets fact right no they haven't ps4 and Xbox one have battlefield 4, cod ghosts, AC4, forza5, dead rising 3, ryse, killzone, knack and loads more I dont care to mention and its only been 4weeks, how long has Wii U been out for??? O yes a year and all it has to show for itself is a Mario game and a remake, come back when the ps4 and Xbox one have been out a year and then will have an arguemebt and how can you go on and say best out of next gen and then say Zelda for the 3ds, that isn't next gen.

#6 Posted by resevl4rlz (3257 posts) -
#7 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

Please give me a break, Nintendo have the best games right now blah blah blah, lets gets fact right no they haven't ps4 and Xbox one have battlefield 4, cod ghosts, AC4, forza5, dead rising 3, ryse, killzone, knack and loads more I dont care to mention and its only been 4weeks, how long has Wii U been out for??? O yes a year and all it has to show for itself is a Mario game and a remake, come back when the ps4 and Xbox one have been out a year and then will have an arguemebt and how can you go on and say best out of next gen and then say Zelda for the 3ds, that isn't next gen.

Call of Duty hasn't been good for years. Congrats on paying full price for the same game every year.

#8 Edited by trugs26 (5243 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

COD: Ghosts and AC4 are on Wii U.

They don't have Battlefield 4

Forza5, dead rising, ryse, killzone and knack are exclusives and is precisely what we're comparing here. Those games vs Mario and Zelda.

Finally, Zelda is NOT a remake. It's an awesome game and you should feel bad for saying something so naive. Especially on a gaming forum.

Your "only 4 weeks" argument is irrelevant, this thread is about the NOW.

#9 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

I agree, can't wait to play all of those games in like 2 weeks

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37532 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHA

Silly kids......

#11 Edited by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHA

Silly kids......

People are just mad that Nintendo buried everybody last gen. Now they're behind and the games are coming and nobody will be able to compete.

#12 Posted by st_anger10 (48 posts) -

@bezza2011: I agree with the guy,I have all three systems along with every launch game between the PS4 and X1 and my Wii U is being played more.But I do agree it will pick up but on the same note Wii U didn't have that bad of a launch IMHO but also had a pretty dry spell for awhile!

#13 Edited by drummerdave9099 (636 posts) -
@trugs26 said:

@bezza2011 said:

Forza5, dead rising, ryse, killzone and knack are exclusives and is precisely what we're comparing here. Those games vs Mario and Zelda.

Finally, Zelda is NOT a remake. It's an awesome game and you should feel bad for saying something so naive. Especially on a gaming forum.

I think bezza is referring to Windwaker HD, which he is correct in saying the WiiU's best games are 3D World and Windwaker HD. Personally I would take those 2 games over the entire launch lineups of Xbone and PS4.

However bezza, the point of the forum was saying Nintendo has the best console game in 3D world and the best handheld game in ALBW.

#14 Edited by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

Each console has it's good games, I have the WII U and the PS4 and I enjoy them both

#15 Edited by trugs26 (5243 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@bezza2011 said:

I think bezza is referring to Windwaker HD, which he is correct in saying the WiiU's best games are 3D World and Windwaker HD. Personally I would take those 2 games over the entire launch lineups of Xbone and PS4.

However bezza, the point of the forum was saying Nintendo has the best console game in 3D world and the best handheld game in ALBW.

Ah the WW, fair call. I can see the confusion then.

#16 Edited by Boddicker (2451 posts) -

Right now, sure. But how long will they hold on to that title?

It seems pretty long judging from the PS4 and X1 release schedule.

How many years had it been since Nintendo could claim "best games" and actually have the games to back it up? It's been more than a decade...........

#17 Posted by bezza2011 (2331 posts) -

@trugs26: of course its relevant your comparing a system exclusives which has taken nearly a year to come out to launch titles. And what do you mean Zelda is a new game the only Zelda out for Wii U is Zelda wondwaker HD a remake. Well you enjoy your Wii U remake and platformer because you really do deserve it after having to wait a year for games, im so glad but me on the other hand have enough games now and only a short wait for some great games, have a nice wait till end of next year for Mario kart 75

#18 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

TC is right. Ninty has some games verses no games for X1.

#19 Posted by trugs26 (5243 posts) -

@trugs26: of course its relevant your comparing a system exclusives which has taken nearly a year to come out to launch titles. And what do you mean Zelda is a new game the only Zelda out for Wii U is Zelda wondwaker HD a remake. Well you enjoy your Wii U remake and platformer because you really do deserve it after having to wait a year for games, im so glad but me on the other hand have enough games now and only a short wait for some great games, have a nice wait till end of next year for Mario kart 75

1. The title of the thread is about what is on offer now. Not about living in the past or what's coming up.
2. TC explicitly mentions Zelda for the 3DS. Sorry that I misunderstood you, given that you're referring to the Wii U game, but TC does make it clear what he's referring to, so the discussion of Zelda was explicitly about the 3DS version.

You're simply off-topic with both your points.

#20 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@bezza2011 said:

1. The title of the thread is about what is on offer now. Not about living in the past or what's coming up.

2. TC explicitly mentions Zelda for the 3DS. Sorry that I misunderstood you, given that you're referring to the Wii U game, but TC does make it clear what he's referring to, so the discussion of Zelda was explicitly about the 3DS version.

Finally, somebody with common sense!

#21 Posted by CTR360 (6959 posts) -

ps3 and xbox 360 have better games on wil -u

#22 Edited by bulby_g (1019 posts) -

I agree. PC/Wii U/3DS is definitely the best combination right now. I'll pick up a PS4 eventually though, just waiting for the games and I'm sure they will come.

#23 Edited by bezza2011 (2331 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

@trugs26 said:

@bezza2011 said:

Finally, somebody with common sense!

The thread also says that Nintendo has the best next gen games, mario 3D is next gen, zelda for 3ds isn't next gen, in my eyes and thats where the confusion lies.

@drummerdave9099 said:
@trugs26 said:

@bezza2011 said:

i understand the point of this thread, ps4/xbox one have been out 4weeks it has only got it's launch games to compete, so of course threads like this are made, and yet it's taken nintendo a year to get at least 1 next gen game out which is worth paying for, i wonder what xbox one and ps4 will have in a years time, so then we should have a thread saying which has the best games after a year of it's launch and then compare,

yes Wii U has a good game but i'd be worried if they didn't by now, ps4 and xbox one right now have the best games in my opinion, i'm not a fan of children games anymore, and i may pick a wii u up next year for my daughter. and hopefully it'll have more games

forget the 3ds you said next gen so will stick with that.

CTR360 said it best, ps3/360 vs Wii U is the only fair game

#24 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4419 posts) -

That was a huge list. Lol.

#25 Edited by locopatho (20131 posts) -

Nintendo always has the best games. The problem comes after you finish them and there's nothing else to play on their consoles.

#26 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24663 posts) -

These are the games you can play on WiiU right now if you decide to buy one this holiday season and I didn't list Wiiware or nearly half of the Wii's Library that you could play.

This is of course facing off of Xbox One and PS4.

Xbox One has

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Call of Duty Ghosts
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. NBA 2K14
  5. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
  6. Madden NFL 25
  7. Forza Motorsport 5
  8. Ryse Son of Rome
  9. Fifa 14
  10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes
  11. Just Dance 2014
  12. Need for Speed Rivals
  13. Skylanders Swap Force
  14. Angry Birds Star Wars
  15. Zumba Fittness
  16. Fighter Within
  17. NBA Live 14
  18. Crimson Dragon
  19. Killer Instinct

and that's about all the games you could get for Xbox One right now.

PS4 has

1. Call of Duty Ghosts
  2. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
  3. Need for Speed Rivals
  4. NBA 2K14
  5. Maddden NFL 25
  6. Fifa 14
  7. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  8. Lego Marvel Super Heroes
  9. Just Dance 2014
  10. Killzone Shadowfall
  11. Knack
  12. NBA Live 14
  13. Angry Birds Starwars
  14. Skylanders Swap Force
  15. Resogun

and that's all I could find on PS4. (I don't know what's on the PSN store there, there could be more.)

Right now the WiiU has the Best Library Option. Though You could also go and get a PS3 and/or 360 and play catch up there too.

#27 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

These are the games you can play on WiiU right now if you decide to buy one this holiday season and I didn't list Wiiware or nearly half of the Wii's Library that you could play.

Xbox One has

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Call of Duty Ghosts
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. NBA 2K14
  6. Madden NFL 25
  7. Forza Motorsport 5
  8. Ryse Son of Rome
  9. Fifa 14
  11. Just Dance 2014
  15. Zumba Fittness
  16. Fighter Within
  17. NBA Live 14
  18. Crimson Dragon
  19. Killer Instinct

PS4 has

1. Call of Duty Ghosts
  3. Need for Speed Rivals
  4. NBA 2K14
  5. Maddden NFL 25
  6. Fifa 14
  9. Just Dance 2014
  10. Killzone Shadowfall
  11. Knack
  12. NBA Live 14
  13. Angry Birds Starwars
  15. Resogun

and that's all I could find on PS4. (I don't know what's on the PSN store there, there could be more.)

Right now the WiiU has the Best Library Option. Though You could also go and get a PS3 and/or 360 and play catch up there too.

Nintendo is just killing it.

#28 Edited by Heil68 (43285 posts) -

Not to me and I have a WiiU and 3DS

#29 Posted by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

Right now it's a tie between xbone and WiiU. PS4 is sadly trailing behind.

#30 Posted by NationProtector (806 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Xbox One has

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Call of Duty Ghosts
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. NBA 2K14
  6. Madden NFL 25
  7. Forza Motorsport 5
  8. Ryse Son of Rome
  9. Fifa 14
  11. Just Dance 2014
  15. Zumba Fittness
  16. Fighter Within
  17. NBA Live 14
  18. Crimson Dragon
  19. Killer Instinct

PS4 has

1. Call of Duty Ghosts
  3. Need for Speed Rivals
  4. NBA 2K14
  5. Maddden NFL 25
  6. Fifa 14
  9. Just Dance 2014
  10. Killzone Shadowfall
  11. Knack
  12. NBA Live 14
  13. Angry Birds Starwars
  15. Resogun

Inflating the Wii U score is DD and ot the others is not even remotely fair, and the Wii BC is not a selling point because if you buy a Wii U to play Wii games you never wanted the Wii U. You also Need wii acessories to play a lot of Wii BC games if you never had a wii.

I like the Wii U and all, although I am slowly hating it, but I would not use such a completely false comparison.

#31 Posted by Ghost120x (3709 posts) -

I agree but it doesn't mean much since Nintendo took so long to get them here. Even though the xbox one and ps4 have no games at the moment they are surrounded by the launch hype and its making people forget about Nintendo. There was practically no major game on the Wii u for a year to sustain the markets attention.

There are more third party devs then there are first party so they make up most of the software sales that's on any console, which is what makes the console manufacturers money. Its looking good for Nintendo now game wise but it won't last. When the Wii u misses massive selling games year over year like battlefield, witcher 3, fall out, dragon age, destiny, Gta, and many more. The other two consoles will catch up.

#32 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8720 posts) -

For next gen titles it's true, but that's because the competition is scarce at the moment... REALLY scarce.

#33 Posted by Netret0120 (2009 posts) -

No

PS3 Library is massive and waaaaay better. PS4 is a month old so can't really compare

#34 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11529 posts) -

lolWiiU

Who would buy such a shitty system?

#35 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

PC does according to GS but okay

#36 Posted by FinalFighters (1367 posts) -

At the moment, sure. but that will all change once the PS4/XB1 games start rolling in

#37 Posted by GhoX (4687 posts) -

I don't know about Wii U, but 3DS crushed all the other consoles and handhelds in terms of exclusives.

#38 Posted by chocolate1325 (32438 posts) -

Not true the Vita has had some great titles recently and the PS4 shall improve.

#39 Edited by DocSanchez (1534 posts) -

LOL sheep will take any victory they can get right now no matter how shallow or subjective.

#40 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

It's good to see there are some sensible people here among the idiotic fanboys.

#41 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

At this moment, it's absolutely true. The 3DS has been absolutely killing it all year, and the Wii U has The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Sonic: Lost Worlds, and pretty much all of the major multiplats aside from Battlefield 4 (which sucks anyway), GTA V, and um... yeah.

So yeah, Wii U is the best system own this holiday, if you're not a tool blinded by an irrational hatred of games made for everyone.

#42 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

Don't forget Pokemon.

#43 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

Not true the Vita has had some great titles recently and the PS4 shall improve.

lol what?!?!

#44 Posted by cooolio (439 posts) -

I do not even consider what is out right now to be next gen so i will judge next year. The only nintendo console i own in the gamecube and my sister has a wii. My past handhelds have been the ds gamboy advance and Gameboy Advance Sp. From what i see nintendo focuses on platformers and family fun games. And zelda adds that adventure dungeon style.

However, lets be real. When was the last time Nintendo brought a new franchise to the table? The new mario seems to have really refined the core gameplay and added new elements. The new zelda did some new stuff too. However, you can only rely on the same things for so long.

#45 Edited by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

Good games? Yea. Stale games? Yea. Hence, boring games. But I've no doubt they're good.

#46 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12192 posts) -

Given that the Wii U has been out for a year, I'd certainly hope it has a greater library of games than two consoles that have just launched.

#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24663 posts) -

@cooolio said:

I do not even consider what is out right now to be next gen so i will judge next year. The only nintendo console i own in the gamecube and my sister has a wii. My past handhelds have been the ds gamboy advance and Gameboy Advance Sp. From what i see nintendo focuses on platformers and family fun games. And zelda adds that adventure dungeon style.

However, lets be real. When was the last time Nintendo brought a new franchise to the table? The new mario seems to have really refined the core gameplay and added new elements. The new zelda did some new stuff too. However, you can only rely on the same things for so long.

There was Dillion's Rolling Western in 2012.

Then Pushmo back in 2011.

Did you already forget The Last Story?

Guess Pandora's Tower didn't cut it for you either.

Of course there's also Xenoblade, but you might be writing that game off as part of the Xenosaga franchise.

Anyone Remember Fling Smash or Endless Ocean? Anyone?

#48 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

@cooolio said:

There was Dillion's Rolling Western in 2012.

Then Pushmo back in 2011.

Did you already forget The Last Story?

Guess Pandora's Tower didn't cut it for you either.

Of course there's also Xenoblade, but you might be writing that game off as part of the Xenosaga franchise.

Anyone Remember Fling Smash or Endless Ocean? Anyone?

Don't forget the Wonderful 101 and Harmoknight.

#49 Edited by cooolio (439 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Honestly i do not read up on their games that much. I think what i am really referring to is games that really utilize the Wii u's capabilities. Games like Super Mario World, Wind Waker Hd. I guess i just want to see some variety in their genres. I know that they are releasing X next year, but I want to see more. I want to go back to nintendo's consoles too, but I need a good reason.

#50 Edited by Ripsaw1994 (94 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

This guys used Ryse as an example of a good game :lol: