Nintendo eShop 3DS Game Sale: Atlus and Ubisoft Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -

The eShop will be having a sale, with the following titles available for cheap. Some of these (Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey, Shadow Wars) are among the best the system has to offer so if you haven't picked them up already, now would be a great time:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker $30 (down from $40)
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan $30 (down from $40)
Code of Princess $20 (down from $30)
Rayman Origins $21 (down from $30)
Rabbids Travel in Time 3D $21 (down from $30) 
Petz Fantasy 3D $21 (down from $30)
Rayman 3D $21 (down from $30)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D $21 (down from $30)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars $21 (down from $30)

I'll update the list as we get more prices. 

Glad Nintendo's been doing sales so much lately.

EDIT: The Ubisoft games go on sale starting tomorrow; the Atlus games are on sale now. Atlus's sale runs through to August 31, Ubisoft ends on August 27.

#2 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8709 posts) -
Those price differences are terribly disappointing.
#3 Posted by bbkkristian (14943 posts) -
You can't have the $30 you gave me last Month, Atlus, no matter how many good deals you give me! It's for Pokemon!
#4 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -
Sales lately? What are you talking about Char? Anyways, Code of Princess is worth it at $20. Fun game
#5 Posted by Slashkice (13054 posts) -

The Ubisoft sales are weak. I already grabbed Soul Hackers the last time it was on sale, so I don't think I'll get anything from the Atlus side either.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Sales lately? What are you talking about Char? Anyways, Code of Princess is worth it at $20. Fun game

This is like the fourth or fifth sale this year; most of them have been Atlus sales, there was one for Level-5 games, this one seems to be more widespread.
#7 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -

The Ubisoft sales are weak. I already grabbed Soul Hackers the last time it was on sale, so I don't think I'll get anything from the Atlus side either.

Slashkice
Shadow Wars, Slash. It's a steal at $20!
#8 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Sales lately? What are you talking about Char? Anyways, Code of Princess is worth it at $20. Fun game

This is like the fourth or fifth sale this year; most of them have been Atlus sales, there was one for Level-5 games, this one seems to be more widespread.

Fourth or fifth this year with these prices? Wow, thanks Nintendon't! :roll:
#9 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

charizard1605

It's also much cheaper everywhere else
#10 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Blabadon

It's also much cheaper everywhere else

This is true
#11 Posted by Slashkice (13054 posts) -

Shadow Wars, Slash. It's a steal at $20!charizard1605

But I can get it cheaper at retail. :p

I'm not convinced about it either, wish it had a demo so I could try it.

#12 Posted by yokofox33 (29363 posts) -

Code of Princess is tempting, but I'm saving my 30 dolalr credit for Senran Kagura Burst. You know, for the story...

#13 Posted by Wild_man_22 (580 posts) -

Just shows how much crap ubisoft has released for the 3DS, other then shadow wars.

#14 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Even if the game is for $1 I won't buy from the 3DS shop. The lack of an account system is disturbing.
#15 Posted by wolverine4262 (19039 posts) -
Not much of a sale. Better than nothing I guess
#16 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

Code of Princess is tempting, but I'm saving my 30 dolalr credit for Senran Kagura Burst. You know, for the story...

yokofox33

Dude.

Solange.

2.jpg

#17 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

Got Etrian Odyssey IV with my SMT4 $30 credit.

#18 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Sales lately? What are you talking about Char? Anyways, Code of Princess is worth it at $20. Fun game

Just wish the online wasn't crap.
#19 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Sales lately? What are you talking about Char? Anyways, Code of Princess is worth it at $20. Fun game

Just wish the online wasn't crap.

We need buddies, that's all. So far I know Bigboi and louisfoxton who have it. I've only played one online co-op match but it ran well and was fun.
#20 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Pretty meh sales.

And eShop still needs an account system.

#21 Posted by scoots9 (3193 posts) -

Jeez, they still haven't put Devil Survivor Overclocked on the e-shop?

#22 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Will be picking up Etrian Oddyssey IV. Thanks for the post

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (23142 posts) -
anything on the eShop should already be cheaper given the lack of rights retention
#24 Posted by Zassimick (6342 posts) -

Not much that I find interesting there. Hopefully companies continue pursuing sales on the eShop. 

#25 Posted by darius343 (54 posts) -
I am thinking of buying a 3ds now, which will be my second handheld after GBA. Can anyone recommend me some games. I know I am buying pokemon X, what other stuff should I buy.
#26 Posted by Zassimick (6342 posts) -

I am thinking of buying a 3ds now, which will be my second handheld after GBA. Can anyone recommend me some games. I know I am buying pokemon X, what other stuff should I buy.darius343

Depends on what you like. What's out right now though: 

• Super Mario 3D Land - a lot of fun. it is easy for the first eight worlds, then the second half gets more challenging. 
  • Mario Kart 7 - online play, plus solid racing. a very good iteration in the series. 
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening - a whole lot of content here
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - a great game with a lot of content. 
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - a timeless classic made portable. 
  • Pushmo - a great puzzler on the eShop

Those are the games I'd for sure recommend. Other titles like Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, etc but they sort of depend on your taste. You'd also have The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Smash Bros to look forward to adding to your collection in the near future. 

#27 Posted by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -
For the "sale" price of any of these games, I can get three for my Vita. GG Nintendon't.
#28 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]For the "sale" price of any of these games, I can get three for my Vita. GG Nintendon't.

Blab, stop hacking DSS's account.
#29 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
I would not mind Devil Summoner or Rayman Origins. But I have too many games on my plate right now.
#30 Posted by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]For the "sale" price of any of these games, I can get three for my Vita. GG Nintendon't.

It is quite simply the most daring and ambitious Assassin's Creed game yet, and a brave new step for Ubisoft's flagship franchise.
#31 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26104 posts) -

Everyone should pick up Etrian Odyssey 4. Fantastic game.

#32 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]For the "sale" price of any of these games, I can get three for my Vita. GG Nintendon't.

It is quite simply the most daring and ambitious Assassin's Creed game yet, and a brave new step for Ubisoft's flagship franchise.

Phazon, stop hacking DSS's account.
#33 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
I honestly never thought Nintendo would ever have a digital sale.
#34 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
I honestly never thought Nintendo would ever have a digital sale. meetroid8
This is their fifth one this year lol
#35 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I honestly never thought Nintendo would ever have a digital sale. meetroid8
They have a lot on the 3DS eShop. IIRC developers can put games up for sale on their own, at least, this is how it works on the Wii U.
#36 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I honestly never thought Nintendo would ever have a digital sale. charizard1605
This is their fifth one this year lol

How the hell have I missed all of these?

I don't think I believe you...

#37 Posted by HowlingLotus (398 posts) -

Anything worth getting on that list I already have. Oh well.

Would be nice if Nintendo had sales on a regular basis on big name games, but they are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to online/deals.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -
Not much of a sale. Better than nothing I guesswolverine4262
It doesnt seem like Nintedno ever puts their first games on sale, or at least very often? I know they're the ones that sell, but it still would be nice.
#39 Posted by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Blab, stop hacking DSS's account.

Phazon, stop hacking DSS's account.

Posting from this one because of the stupid post limit on DropsofJupitar :cool:
#40 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Anything worth getting on that list I already have. Oh well.

Would be nice if Nintendo had sales on a regular basis on big name games, but they are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to online/deals.

HowlingLotus
No, they're in the "our games make money still so we're not going to drop the price until we're not really making money off of them anymore" ages.
#41 Posted by louisfoxton (1391 posts) -

Anyone whos gonna buy Code of princess add me my fc in my sig

#42 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

Anyone whos gonna buy Code of princess add me my fc in my sig

louisfoxton
Done
#43 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
wow, a horrible nintendo sale. They really are pathetic with their sales.
#44 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]wow, a horrible nintendo sale. They really are pathetic with their sales.

That's not a Nintendo sale. Blame the third parties :P
#45 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="campzor"]wow, a horrible nintendo sale. They really are pathetic with their sales.

my bad, i forgot nintendo dont do sales!
#46 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="campzor"]wow, a horrible nintendo sale. They really are pathetic with their sales.

my bad, i forgot nintendo dont do sales!

Exactly! So they can't DO bad sales!
#47 Posted by pillarrocks (1317 posts) -
Digital games should be cheaper.
#48 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

is devil survivor overclock not on the eshop?

#49 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
Digital games should be cheaper. pillarrocks
The third party companies decide the price...Most of the time they will not price them too much cheaper because it undercuts their deals with retailers.