Nintendo Does A Humble Bundle

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

So, yeah. In a first for any console, Nintendo is doing a Humble Bundle, and it's actually pretty damn good.

It's called the Humble Nindie Bundle, and here is what you get:

The Humble Nindie Bundle presented by Nintendo eShop is named after Nintendo's initiative to support independent developers. The bundle, which includes three 3DS games, three Wii U games and two games for both systems, also supports the charity Code.org. The region-locked games are only redeemable on consoles purchased in North, Central and South America (excluding Brazil), due to Nintendo's region restrictions.

As with most Humble Bundles, the games are broken into three tiers. Core titles are pay any price, beat-the-average titles are included if you pay more than the average price and BT10 titles mean you pay $10 or more to receive the entire bundle.

The core titles are Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship edition for Wii U, Woah Dave!for the 3DS and Mighty Switch Force! for the 3DS.

The beat-the-average titles are The Fall for Wii U, OlliOlli for both 3DS and Wii U andMoon Chronicles for 3DS.

The $10 minimum titles are Stealth Inc. 2 for Wii U and SteamWorld Dig for both the 3DS and Wii U.

More titles will be announced mid-promotion.

I'm going to go ahead and do this, because these are all good games, and for $10, I don't mind getting all of them. It helps that this will be an influx of new games for the 3DS and Wii U too.

Check it out here.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

What an awesome idea, well done Ninten...

"only redeemable on consoles purchased in North, Central and South America (excluding Brazil), due to Nintendo's region restrictions."

*sigh*

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@locopatho said:

"only redeemable on consoles purchased in North, Central and South America (excluding Brazil), due to Nintendo's region restrictions."

*sigh*

It's your fault for not living in the best country in the world.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@locopatho said:

*sigh*

Loading Video...

sorry, count resist..:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho: Yeah, baby steps.

Still, this is a great idea and initiative. Can't believe Nintendo was the first one to try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Weak.

But first ever for a console.... not bad. Got Guacamelee from the pc humble bundle.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Well, that bit them in the ass.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Not bad considering it's Nintendo.

North America FTW!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I wonder when sony is do theirs.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

congrats nintendo for being the first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I have all the good games through one way or another already. If they bring in a bunch of really great titles in the future addition, I might bite.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@locopatho said:

*sigh*

It's your fault for not living in the best continent in the world.

Fixed

ROFLMAO !!!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Good idea, sadly nothing I want

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@locopatho said:

*sigh*

It's your fault for not living in the best continent in the world.

Fixed

ROFLMAO !!!

I speak solely of Venezuela. I'm not going to include Columbia as one of the best countries in the world. So no I did not mean to say continent.

FYI I'm really stoned on medication right now.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#15 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

That's fantastic that they're doing this. I'll pass as I already have the titles I'm interested in, but I hope they continue it in the future with other games.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I'd be really disappointed in them not doing European codes if I wanted any of those games. The region lock really needs to go.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Only the first episode of Moon Chronicles? That sucks.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@locopatho said:

*sigh*

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Any of these 3 games worth a $1?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Those are some actually good indies, I hope some better ones also come in the future, I'll drop $10 for this.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Well, Nintendo did cancel Club Nintendo, I guess this is a bridge between now and the very vague program that comes next.

It feels like 70% of those 3rd party indie Wii U games were already 'free' PS+ games (Woah Dave, Guacamelee, Olli, Steamworld, etc) or on sale on during flash sales on PC/PSN dang.

I also have a few of those on PC. Still it's a decent deal and I have to say good for Nintendo...desperate times call for desperate measures, but consumers win. It's a shame none of these are actually 1st party titles. I do wish Nintendo would let up on their lame Network ID issues (one ID per machine, games tied to hardware with ID, etc). That makes me reluctant to ever fully support their digital initiatives.

Maybe their next Nintendo bundle will have games I didn't get cheap in other bundles/free/subscription on other machines or some 1st party classics.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Im going to get this, whats funny is i was about to buy SteamWorld Dig the other day when i got a $10 Eshop card for the sale that was going on. I instead bought Street Fighter IV 3D and Gunman Clive for $10. I already have Guacamelee on PC, but would love it on Wii U for people to play. Same reason i want to buy Lego Marvel on Wii U, its a good option for coop play. The other games i havnt played yet. But i want Guacamelee and Steam Dig, plus want to try Stealth and the others.

I dont understand how this thing works exactly. One more game will be added next Tuesday to the bundle? But even if i buy tonight i can still get the mystery game next Tuesday?

@Legend002 Guacamelee is worth $10 easy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

That's a pretty good deal, except I rarely fire up my Wii U as is, and I've an awfully huge backlist at the moment, so I'll unfortunately pass on these great savings. Plus I already have Stealth Inc 2 on Xbox One, and The Fall for Wii U (they were supposed to make sequels, are they ever going to do that?!), Moon Chronicles is just Episode 1 and I don't even have a second analog setup for 3DS (and like hell I'm doing the stylus FPS mode). I've a feeling Guacamole or OliOli will end up as a GwG game in near future. SteamWorld Dig looks cool though.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

OP is lying.

Nintendo doesn't like Indies only Sony does. Or So Cows claim.

Will buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@iandizion713 said:

Im going to get this, whats funny is i was about to buy SteamWorld Dig the other day when i got a $10 Eshop card for the sale that was going on. I instead bought Street Fighter IV 3D and Gunman Clive for $10. I already have Guacamelee on PC, but would love it on Wii U for people to play. Same reason i want to buy Lego Marvel on Wii U, its a good option for coop play. The other games i havnt played yet. But i want Guacamelee and Steam Dig, plus want to try Stealth and the others.

I dont understand how this thing works exactly. One more game will be added next Tuesday to the bundle? But even if i buy tonight i can still get the mystery game next Tuesday?

@Legend002 Guacamelee is worth $10 easy.

The mystery game will probably be added to the above $10 threshold; if you pay over $10, then yes, you will get that new game next Tuesday even if you purchase the bundle now.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Still, this is a great idea and initiative. Can't believe Nintendo was the first one to try it.

Great idea for some people ... and a slap in the face for everyone else if you asking me and REALLY ridiculous to do so ... is like giving the middle finger to all others in other regions ...

Imho IF you gonna do something ...do it all the way or dont do it at all.... Stop praising such idiotic moves and call it great idea or initiative. Its as fuked up as it gets for everyone else except those regions people.

At least thats how i feel as a EU resident and imagine i dont even own a Nintendo system to begin with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:
@charizard1605 said:

Great idea for some people ... thats a slap in the face for everyone else if you asking me and REALLY ridiculous to do so ... is like giving the middle finger to all others in other regions ... IF you gonna do something ...do it all the way or dont do it at all.... Stop praising such idiotic moves and call it great idea or initiative. Its as fuked up as it gets for everyone else except those regions people.

It's a great idea, so I will praise it. Yes, region locking on Nintendo systems sucks. We've been through it before, countless times. It's a badm idea, it's terrible, it's anti consumer. It's also nothing new, and it's not changing, so bringing it up leads to absolutely nothing.

A Humble Bundle like this is a great idea. The fact that Nintendo of all companies is doing it is a great thing. This is a move that should be praised. Is it just bothering you that Nintendo is being praised here?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@AzatiS said:
@charizard1605 said:

Great idea for some people ... thats a slap in the face for everyone else if you asking me and REALLY ridiculous to do so ... is like giving the middle finger to all others in other regions ... IF you gonna do something ...do it all the way or dont do it at all.... Stop praising such idiotic moves and call it great idea or initiative. Its as fuked up as it gets for everyone else except those regions people.

It's a great idea, so I will praise it. Yes, region locking on Nintendo systems sucks. We've been through it before, countless times. It's a badm idea, it's terrible, it's anti consumer. It's also nothing new, and it's not changing, so bringing it up leads to absolutely nothing.

A Humble Bundle like this is a great idea. The fact that Nintendo of all companies is doing it is a great thing. This is a move that should be praised. Is it just bothering you that Nintendo is being praised here?

ITs not a great idea when you locking up millions of people out of a humble bundle .. And no we havent !! Do you know what HUMBLE BUNDLE stands for right ?!! If you do then you CANT praise such move because if you do then yes , theres a big ethic issue here.

I hope you dont know what humble bundle is all about , thats all im saying

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@AzatiS said:

ITs not a great idea when you locking up millions of people out of a humble bundle .. And no we havent !! Do you know what HUMBLE BUNDLE stands for right ?!! If you do then you CANT praise such move because if you do then yes , theres a big ethic issue here.

I hope you dont know what humble bundle is all about , thats all im saying

I'd like to remind you that this is not the First time Humble Bundle has given only NA codes.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

This is pretty cool.. hopefully this will lead to Sony and Microsoft eventually doing this too.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lamprey263
@Slashkice said:

Guacamelee was already part of GwG iirc.

on wouldn't recall, I only had my XBO since this last Black Friday

I think Worms Armageddon and D4 were my first GwG titles

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Cool concept, shit execution.

One of those shit execution moves being the lack of a Nintendo title in that group (unless one of those 2 3DS games is a Nintendo game proper), because you know when EA had their humble bundle it had EA games. When Nintendo has their humble bundle it's someone else's games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lamprey263 said:
@Slashkice said:

It was a GwG title in March, I thought?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Well that's pretty fucking stupid that it's region locked.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

@charizard1605 said:
@lamprey263 said:
@Slashkice said:

It is, I got Super duper whatever edition through that.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iandizion713

@jg4xchamp said:

One of those shit execution moves being the lack of a Nintendo title in that group (unless one of those 2 3DS games is a Nintendo game proper), because you know when EA had their humble bundle it had EA games. When Nintendo has their humble bundle it's someone else's games.

Its not just anyones elses games, its games that have scored great but lack sales. I actually think Nintendo is helping them get recognition. These games are getting buried under the mass amount of Indie games available, it's almost like a thank you.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Amazing idea...........shame I'm not AMURICAN enough.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp
@iandizion713 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Its not just anyones elses games, its games that have scored great but lack sales. I actually think Nintendo is helping them get recognition. These games are getting buried under the mass amount of Indie games available, it's almost like a thank you.

Steam world dig has been out for awhile, Guacamelee has done well enough for them to churn out updated versions to get more money, and OlliOlli has a sequel already.

That less recognition thing might fly for the other games, but Nintendo could have sweetened the pot with one of their games as well as a thank you. Would have brought recognition to some of those under the radar games that way by selling one of their games, that their fanbase would show up for. Especially considering most of those other games have been on a humble bundle before.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
@iandizion713 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I think they just didn't want to put up their games. Still, glad to see this happening.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iandizion713

@jake44: I dont think Nintendo has games like these to give. Maybe they could have gave a Virtual Console game away or something.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lamprey263

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

Google'd it, it says June 2014, March 2015 was Rayman Legends... well, in US at least, what region are you in, maybe it was different? Or was it DwG (Deals with Gold), you know, where it's not free but discounted?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lamprey263 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

Google'd it, it says June 2014, March 2015 was Rayman Legends... well, in US at least, what region are you in, maybe it was different? Or was it DwG (Deals with Gold), you know, where it's not free but discounted?

I might be mistaken, then.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jg4xchamp

@lamprey263 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

i don't remember the date, so June is probably right.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#48 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I got most of those for free on playstation

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

Well beyond the region locking, it's a pretty disappointing list. I was hoping a Nintendo bundle might include some classic virtual console titles but apparently that makes too much sense. Instead we get a random assortment of above average indie stuff, which I guess is okay, but not really what I would have wanted.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#50  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

LOL @ Nintendo does Humble Bundle title.

It looks like a 3rd party collaboration with indies as all I see is 3rd Party games that are better on other platforms (probably just as cheap too).

I mean, even EA puts their own games on this charity bundle but not Nintendo, which is hilarious. Paints a clear picture!

Also Region Locked.