Nintendo Direct on now see link

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by hiphops_savior (8013 posts) -

That's right, Nintendo will start letting the cat out of the bag tomorrow at 9 EST.

Is Nintendo dead, or you just want the lulz, tune in and find out for yourself. Hype it up and set yourself for disappointment, I know you want it.

Update: stream on now. http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/12-18-2013/

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (42305 posts) -

Cranky Kong's lost son is joining Tropical Freeze.

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

How long has this cat been in the bag?

Because that's animal cruelty

#4 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Considering I got a 3DS yesterday I'm actually looking forward to a Nintendo thing now haha

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (42305 posts) -

And ffs, show some good WiiU stuff.

Gameplay. Release dates. Whatever. Not this "2014" stuff.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (46409 posts) -

Lets see some WiiU stuff, k?

#7 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

And ffs, show some good WiiU stuff.

Gameplay. Release dates. Whatever. Not this "2014" stuff.

They also needed to do this at E3. Show some GOOD stuff for this year instead of telling everyone to wait till next year.

I hope they show more of the Monolith's X game or whatever it's called

#8 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

show me mario's new cow costume

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (42305 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

They also needed to do this at E3. Show some GOOD stuff for this year instead of telling everyone to wait till next year.

Yeah, it's annoying.

I'll be glad for just about anything. We got Tropical Freeze coming up, which is fine, but it's another fucking platformer.

#10 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26070 posts) -

Hey Everyone! Hope you've Enjoyed the Year of Luigi, Even though we didn't really do much for him, Make sure you get your Limited Edition Mario & Luigi 3DS Bundle or Luigi's Mansion Bundle before the Year is out!

We also hope you've been enjoying Pokemon because we got some more info on Pokemon Bank! We also Hope you go and pick up The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, It's awesome. Also here's release dates on Professor Layton Azran Legacy, Professor Layton X Ace Attorney and the New Upcoming Bravely Default Flying Fairy for you North American Folk, The game is already out in the UK so I hope you're already enjoying it.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING 'NEW'! (it's not, we've known about it for a while now.) PERSONA *English Title* for the 3DS is Coming to the US! *some spill about Shin Megami Series* - This would be a good time to talk about Fire Emblem X Shin Megami but they won't talk about it because at this point I doubt it's being made -

For Some WiiU news I hope you are all enjoying Zelda Windwaker HD and Pikmin 3! *footage of both games* and I hope you remember to buy the DLC! Also in case you missed our laughable VGX appearance, Cranky Kong has joined the DK Crew in the Newest Donkey Kong Game "Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!" which will be out this coming February.

Now for Smash Bros. - Recap of pretty much everything for those that haven't been keeping up with Miiverse and the Smash site -

Mario Kart 7!!!!!! - we get a release date -

Here's some 3rd Party stuff. (pretty lackluster 3rd party montage of early 2014 stuff, mostly indie)

- Now would be a good time to show off Bayonetta 2. Nope, no new footage not even a mention -

- Now would be a good time to show off Yoshi's New Island or Yoshi Yarn. Pretty safe to say they're vaporware now -

- Now would be a good time to show off Project X or at least the Name for it. Nope gotta wait till E3. -

*Some Spill about the Miiverse Integration with 3DS and stuff*

That's it hoped you enjoyed this Nintendo Direct and Have a Wonderful day.

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (42305 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Hey Everyone! Hope you've Enjoyed the Year of Luigi, Even though we didn't really do much for him, Make sure you get your Limited Edition Mario & Luigi 3DS Bundle or Luigi's Mansion Bundle before the Year is out!

We also hope you've been enjoying Pokemon because we got some more info on Pokemon Bank! We also Hope you go and pick up The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, It's awesome. Also here's release dates on Professor Layton Azran Legacy, Professor Layton X Ace Attorney and the New Upcoming Bravely Default Flying Fairy for you North American Folk, The game is already out in the UK so I hope you're already enjoying it.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING 'NEW'! (it's not, we've known about it for a while now.) PERSONA *English Title* for the 3DS is Coming to the US! *some spill about Shin Megami Series* - This would be a good time to talk about Fire Emblem X Shin Megami but they won't talk about it because at this point I doubt it's being made -

For Some WiiU news I hope you are all enjoying Zelda Windwaker HD and Pikmin 3! *footage of both games* and I hope you remember to buy the DLC! Also in case you missed our laughable VGX appearance, Cranky Kong has joined the DK Crew in the Newest Donkey Kong Game "Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!" which will be out this coming February.

Now for Smash Bros. - Recap of pretty much everything for those that haven't been keeping up with Miiverse and the Smash site -

Here's some 3rd Party stuff. (pretty lackluster 3rd party montage of early 2014 stuff, mostly indie)

- Now would be a good time to show off Bayonetta 2. Nope, no new footage not even a mention -

- Now would be a good time to show off Yoshi's New Island or Yoshi Yarn. Pretty safe to say they're vaporware now -

- Now would be a good time to show off Project X or at least the Name for it. Nope gotta wait till E3. -

It's a shame how accurate that is.

#12 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27661 posts) -

Keep hype low.

#13 Edited by nini200 (10188 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Cranky Kong's lost son is joining Tropical Freeze.

Grumpy Kong Lol

#15 Posted by nini200 (10188 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's a shame how accurate that is.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head outside of Mario Kart being the 8th installation lol other than that, I'm almost in 100% agreement with it.

#16 Edited by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -

OMG THEY WILL FINALLY BE ANNOUNCING THE LEGENBD OF ZLEDA WIIU FOR SURE THIS TIME I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES THANK YOU NINTENDO

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

I want to see:

-European release date for Tropical Freeze

-Western release date for Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton

#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

Yeah, it's annoying.

I'll be glad for just about anything. We got Tropical Freeze coming up, which is fine, but it's another fucking platformer.

That's cool, I bought a Wii U for the platformers, haha

#21 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7849 posts) -

Brace yourself.

The disappointment is coming.

#22 Edited by Chozofication (3534 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Where is the yoshi game they announced for Wii U and yoshi island for 3DS? they announced those two years ago and still no news.

Also where is X?

Nintendo better deliver, i keep supporting them because they desrve to be supported but i'm less patient these days, they took too long to adjust to HD development and too long to release games, Pikmin 3 took what 8 years after being ported from Wii?

Impress me.

Yarn yoshi? I don't see how anyone could be entertained with Kirby's epic yarn who isn't 6 or younger. $50 for a 5 hour game that can be beat by infants, no thank you...

To be fair, I don't think Pikmin was in development until the latter half of the Wii's life, and they were pretty fast in moving it to Wii U and re-doing every nook and cranny considering how behind they were in HD development.

#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26070 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Where is the yoshi game they announced for Wii U and yoshi island for 3DS? they announced those two years ago and still no news.

Also where is X?

Nintendo better deliver, i keep supporting them because they desrve to be supported but i'm less patient these days, they took too long to adjust to HD development and too long to release games, Pikmin 3 took what 8 years after being ported from Wii?

Impress me.

They announced Yoshi's Yarn and Yoshi's New Island almost 1 year ago, back in the January Direct.

#24 Edited by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

Which Tropical Freeze character will they announce next!

Seriously though, if that was their announcement geared more towards the hardcore gamer who can appreciate Donkey Kong Country references, then in this we'll likely see stuff on their other titles.

We certainly won't see anything very new or interesting for the Wii U ... otherwise they likely would have shown that at VGX. Maybe a cool 3DS announcement, though.

#25 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Probably a new DK character.

Oh wait, they only save the big announcements for the VGX.

#26 Posted by Basinboy (11349 posts) -

Please be excited

Release dates (SSB, DKC:TF, MK8), new footage - those are my demands

#27 Posted by Ghost120x (4092 posts) -

Keeping hype low.

#28 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9724 posts) -

I'm keeping my hype low, but I'm sure there will be people here hyping this thing up and then coming back with a meltdown and "Nintendo is doomed!" posts.

#29 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27661 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

I'm keeping my hype low, but I'm sure there will be people here hyping this thing up and then coming back with a meltdown and "Nintendo is doomed!" posts.

Yep, Nintendo's always prone to letting down on stuff like this. No matter what side of the spectrum you're on.

#30 Edited by charizard1605 (60149 posts) -

C'mon guys, time to hype this bitch up

#33 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26070 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

C'mon guys, time to hype this bitch up

Wonder what they'll announce/talk about though.. any clue?

read my post and that's your direct.

#34 Edited by DocSanchez (2143 posts) -

I hope they wear those Luigi hats again. That would signal they were very serious about everything going on.

#35 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11984 posts) -

ZERUUUUUUUUUUUUUDA

#37 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9436 posts) -

I'm not expecting anything that will cure my buyer's remorse.

#38 Posted by wiifan001 (18457 posts) -

The only two Wii U games that currently have release dates (that anyone cares about) are DKC Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs.

I think Nintendo ought to announce other release date or two for next year.

#39 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9436 posts) -

@wiifan001:

Well Watch Dogs has a release window, not a release date.

#40 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26070 posts) -

Apparently there's going to be some Maintenance happening on Wii Sports Club at the same time.

They maybe getting ready to release Golf, Baseball and/or Boxing.

Of course they might go the "Available this Thursday" Route or the "Available After this Direct" Route or the "24 Hour Trail is Available now" route.

You'll hear it I guarantee it.

Though I hope Nintendo Releases Boxing for Wii Sports Club on the 26th!

#41 Edited by M8ingSeezun (2020 posts) -

I want the LULZ from seeing Iwata's uptight posture and face, lololol

#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27661 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

ZERUUUUUUUUUUUUUDA

E3 2014.

#43 Posted by jg4xchamp (49480 posts) -

Bayonetta 2 footage, hyped.

#44 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22532 posts) -

No hype,

Only Cranky now

#45 Edited by GunSmith1_basic (9877 posts) -

Toad confirmed for Super Smash Bros WiiU

#47 Posted by Seabas989 (10758 posts) -

I'm not expecting much except for release dates.

#48 Edited by trugs26 (5778 posts) -

As a Nintendo fan, you learn to keep your expectations low. Do not hype this up, you'll only set yourself up for disappointment. If it happens to be good (like Nintendo Direct early in 2013), then great, you get a nice treat. But just don't expect it.

Personal low expectation is talking about recent releases to enjoy for Christmas, then some early 2014 stuff (which actually isn't much). So maybe Kirby for 3DS and Donkey Kong for Wii U.

These are my conservative expectations.

#49 Edited by Joedgabe (5132 posts) -

I'm hoping for metroid..... what am I gonna get?

NEW SUPER MARIO BRO's 3!

And Donkey Kong Country Returns! AGAIN! using the same engine and Gameplay that super Mario 3D world uses!

yay!

but but... you renew the metroid trademark.. for what ?

Nintendo: Because we want you fants to buy our shit and hope for shit we aint gonna give you and no one else can muahahah fck you that's why! Here's some more mario while you wait for more Zelda!

#50 Edited by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

EDIT: Why does GS keep deleting my messages? Glitchspot has not been fixed.

Anyway, I can't remember what I said...Go Direct!?