Nintendo confirms Marth for Super Smash Bros. 4

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

Good, good. Now just announce Chrom (or Tharja!) as the second Fire Emblem character, and you should be golden.

Actually, Nintendo, er, start announcing new characters again, not just ones who already appeared in previous games.

#2 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Yeah Chrom will likely join after the reception Awakening got. Tharja? No chance, would be lucky if she got her own Trophy.

An epic face off

#3 Edited by darkspineslayer (19799 posts) -

Was hoping the model would be Lucina in mask.

Either way, the king has returned. And there will be pika-blood.

#4 Posted by madsnakehhh (14491 posts) -

Nice but hardly a surprise, we know that most classic characters will be back.

Also, i hope we don't get Chrom, it would be great if we get Lucina instead since we need more female characters.

#5 Posted by BranKetra (48778 posts) -

I would prefer Lyndis because she has not been in a Super Smash Bros. yet.

#6 Posted by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -

Cool, although we're getting long overdue for a new character.

#7 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Shulk

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

(Soon)

#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26907 posts) -

You know, a post on Shoryuken said this about returning characters when Sonic was announced. For all those complaining about older characters being in, they'd likely complain about their favorite characters being missing from the last game.

That, and my statement: It's a fighting game, you never know who's being taken out or being brought back in. I mean, sure some characters like Ryu from Street Fighter are predictable, but there was a time when Kazuya and Liu Kang didn't appear in following respective Tekken and Mortal Kombat games.

#9 Edited by madsnakehhh (14491 posts) -

Lyndis was already an assist in Brawl, not to mention she used to be the most popular female character until Lucina, so as much as i like Lyndis, i don't think we will get her in SSB4.

#10 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

They're using his Retro outfit

Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo

#11 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Imagine a new X trailer with the name reveal and Shulk for Smash reveal.

#12 Posted by Slashkice (13240 posts) -

That's the wrong Marth, Sakurai.

#13 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Chrom and Lucina were the stars of FE Awakening, the highest rated and sold Fire Emblem game. Honor Awakening by including BOTH Chrom and Lucina.

#14 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Was hoping the model would be Lucina in mask.

#15 Edited by BranKetra (48778 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Lyndis was already an assist in Brawl, not to mention she used to be the most popular female character until Lucina, so as much as i like Lyndis, i don't think we will get her in SSB4.

Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur were assists before becoming a trio for the playable character Pokemon Trainer, so just because Lyndis was an assist does not mean she is excluded from playable character choices.

#16 Edited by trugs26 (5580 posts) -

Nice! I know they won't, but I hope they bring back Roy. He was my character from Melee.

#17 Edited by madsnakehhh (14491 posts) -

@BranKetra: I was just saying that she has been in Smash before, even if is she haven't been a playable character.

#18 Posted by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

Marth is one sexy piece of animated man.

...There, I said it.

#19 Posted by BranKetra (48778 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

@BranKetra: I was just saying that she has been in Smash before, even if is she haven't been a playable character.

Alright.

#20 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Cool. I want Nintendo to announce some new ones though, ones that've never been in a Smash Bros game before. I'd like to see Shulk from Xenoblade, as long as he's not a Link or Marth clone.

#21 Posted by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -

Can't stand him, Roy, Ness and Lucas.

#22 Edited by MonsieurX (30462 posts) -

Read "march" instead of Marth,got excited for nothing :(

#23 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

My main is back in! it would be cool if one of the alternate costumes was Lucina

I wonder if Chrom and Ike will both make it in

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25605 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

That's the wrong Marth, Sakurai.

Probably a Costume Option for Marth.

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@BigBoss255 said:

Ness and Lucas suck, but Marth and Roy are so cool :(

#26 Edited by DocSanchez (1648 posts) -

Is this a gamecube game?

#27 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2599 posts) -

Nice but it feels like this game doesn't have that much hype. The hype for brawl was massive. Then again Brawl was coming off the excellent Melee game while this is coming off of Brawl, which a lot of fans found disappointing.

#28 Posted by drekula2 (1947 posts) -

Nintendo is confirming characters we know will be in it just to drum up hype.

The only characters I see being jettisoned are Wolf, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ike, and maybe Snake.

#29 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -

Not everyone has played Fire Emblem Awakening already. Thanks for the spoilers.

#30 Edited by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

I don't see where I have posted any spoilers in this thread beyond naming a character who appears in Awakening. If something like that constitutes spoilers for you, then I mean, I don't see why you would enter any Fire Emblem related thread at all in the first place.

#31 Posted by spike6958 (4839 posts) -

I'm hoping that instead of more Fire Emblem characters, Nintendo finally pays homage to Golden Sun and includes Isaac.

#32 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

I'm hoping that instead of more Fire Emblem characters, Nintendo finally pays homage to Golden Sun and includes Isaac.

Oh God your avy is adorable

#33 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3616 posts) -

That's great and all, but I want some more new characters.

#34 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

I don't see where I have posted any spoilers in this thread beyond naming a character who appears in Awakening. If something like that constitutes spoilers for you, then I mean, I don't see why you would enter any Fire Emblem related thread at all in the first place.

I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about the multiple Marth in Fire Emblem Awakening is Lucina in disguise.

#35 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about the multiple Marth in Fire Emblem Awakening is Lucina in disguise.

Oh crap, that. Yeah, I found that out before I played the game thanks to GameTrailers' review as well, it was a bummer. If it helps (only a very minor spoiler, actually not even a spoiler, I'm just marking it just in case), you find that out like, a couple of hours into the game, so it really isn't a big deal.

#36 Edited by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

Oh crap, that. Yeah, I found that out before I played the game thanks to GameTrailers' review as well, it was a bummer. If it helps (only a very minor spoiler, actually not even a spoiler, I'm just marking it just in case), you find that out like, a couple of hours into the game, so it really isn't a big deal.

I see, at least I didn't lose too much, still they should have been more careful with that... Thanks for the "explanation" by the way.

#37 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

I see, at least I didn't lose too much, still they should have been more careful with that... Thanks for the "explanation" by the way.

Yeah... I guess people just assumed everyone who wanted to play the game would have played it by now, it's been a year :P

But yeah, get to playing Awakening, it is an amazing game.

#38 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

announce roy back please.

#39 Edited by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah... I guess people just assumed everyone who wanted to play the game would have played it by now, it's been a year :P

It's certainly on my list. I've delayed it because I'm still hoping for a slight price drop or promotion of some kind. If I didn't have so many other games to play I'd have already gotten to it though.

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's certainly on my list. I've delayed it because I'm still hoping for a slight price drop or promotion of some kind. If I didn't have so many other games to play I'd have already gotten to it though.

There was a great promotion earlier this year where if you bought both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei, you got $30 in eShop credit, but if you are hoping for a genuine price drop on a Nintendo game, and a successful one at that, it's going to be a while lol. Nintendo never drops prices on its games -_-

#41 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:
@charizard1605 said:

There was a great promotion earlier this year where if you bought both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei, you got $30 in eShop credit, but if you are hoping for a genuine price drop on a Nintendo game, and a successful one at that, it's going to be a while lol. Nintendo never drops prices on its games -_-

Yes, yes there was.... In America.... Here in Europe we weren't so lucky. And yeah, I know, that's why I'll only buy it when I know for sure I'm going to play it next. gonna keep praying for a price drop until then. Sometimes a vendor on Amazon or even amazon lowers the prices for a bit for some reason.

#42 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yes, yes there was.... In America.... Here in Europe we weren't so lucky. And yeah, I know, that's why I'll only buy it when I know for sure I'm going to play it next. gonna keep praying for a price drop until then. Sometimes a vendor on Amazon or even amazon lowers the prices for a bit for some reason.

Oh, Europe. Yeah, you guys didn't have that. You did have the 'So Many Games' promotion though xD

Anyway, hopefully you can pick it up on the cheap soon, it's really a hell of a game.

#43 Edited by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Marry me.

#44 Posted by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

That's cool. 1 game I'm actually looking forward to.

#45 Posted by freedomfreak (40972 posts) -

How very exciting. I cannot wait.

#46 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2087 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Oh, Europe. Yeah, you guys didn't have that. You did have the 'So Many Games' promotion though xD

Anyway, hopefully you can pick it up on the cheap soon, it's really a hell of a game.

Unfortunately, I didn't want the majority of the games offered in that promotion so it was useless to me. And yes, hopefully I will!

#47 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3474 posts) -

OMG ANNOUNCE SOME NEW CHARACTERS ALL READY THAT AREN'T FROM PREVIOUS GAMES

#48 Edited by PsychoLemons (2117 posts) -

That's great and all but I have a bad feeling that there will be Marth clones at the same time. =/

#49 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5648 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Ness and Lucas don't suck! PSI Rockin and Love to you! >:(

#50 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

@PsychoLemons said:

That's great and all but I have a bad feeling that there will be Marth clones at the same time. =/

there weren't any in brawl