Nier's OST> Nier Automata's. There, I said it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I'm sure a total of 5, maybe, people will come into this thread feeling obliged to respond to this, knowing full well, what I'm talking about.

Nier has always been known for 3 things:

Good story and characters
Shit gameplay
Wonderful soundtrack

And Nier: Automata continues this, except they got Platinum to figure out the gameplay, and it paid off. But the soundtrack? It's great. It's exciting. It's lovely, but it just isn't as good as the original Nier. I might be wrong, but none of the songs stuck with me as the original did. Mind you, I'm not having a go, it's still a brilliant soundtrack, but it just doesn't hit me as much as Nier did. And no, this isn't an OST thread. I'm not here to spam youtube links and forcing people to not watch them, slowing down the entire page.

But I'm not wrong. Well, I might. But, honestly, Automata's OST isn't as good as the original's.

Them remixing The Colossus Destroys All was so gosh darn good though, wasn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Hum, cool?

However

Nier Automata's gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nier gameplay

ya, know... where it actually matters...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online

@Vatusus: Piss off, nobody does gameplay anymore

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I love a good game soundtrack. Never played the original Nier to compare though. My favorite soundtrack ever is Xenogears.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Never played the original Nier. But this Nier, Nier Automata, has a great sound track, and the gameplay is even better. I spent a lot of time listening to it while playing last night.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#6 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

That's a slight bummer. Still don't have Automata, but the original NieR has a special place in my memory and a large part of that is due to the soundtrack. It's understandable if it doesn't reach the highs of the original game since that set a strong precedent.

You say it's great, exciting, and lovely, but couldn't remember any themes. Can you elaborate any more on that or will it be more of a once I play the game I'll understand what you mean?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I never played the original but the story in the new one sucks, the combat is its only saving grace, then we get to play as 9s and the hacking mini is not fun and feels more like a chore. I enjoyed the game playing as 2b i beat the first story in 1 day, now after playing as 9s and its almost exactly the same as the first playtru just not as fun, Im losing interest in playing it anymore at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I never played automata, but the only music I heard from the demo were way better than the one in the original Nier. I really don't get why people like's Nier music so much, it was nothing special, to me at least. I can see the resemblance, but automata's music is a step above.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

That butt alone makes Nier Automata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nier

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Automata blows original Nier's soundtrack into oblivion.

If you disagree you haven't played Automata. It's not up for discussion, just plain fact, I like when fact owns fiction. It pleases me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I tried Nier last gen. Not for me. I played the demo for automata. Not for me. But I love my friends and am happy the ones that were looking forward to this game are having a good time.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak  Online
@zassimick said:

You say it's great, exciting, and lovely, but couldn't remember any themes. Can you elaborate any more on that or will it be more of a once I play the game I'll understand what you mean?

I ocassionally listen to them(Nier). Haven't felt inclined to do that with Automata

@blueinheaven said:

Automata blows original Nier's soundtrack into oblivion.

If you disagree you haven't played Automata. It's not up for discussion, just plain fact, I like when fact owns fiction. It pleases me.

But I'm right

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Nier's soundtrack was pretty rad.

I mean the game still sucks tho lto, shit was a waste. Also did you watch There Will Be Blood? Because I fucking love that movie.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I haven't listened to (or played, for that matter) the original, but Automata's sountrack is incredible. I'm listening to it right now.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Even though I have the game I 've been to busy with Horizon and RE7 but I have heard good things about the soundtrack and overall gameplay so I can't wait to sink my teeth into Nier Automata.