Ni No Kuni sells over 1Million.. huge sucess

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8681 posts) -

Here's hoping the sequel features some competent partner AI.

#52 Posted by blamix99 (1546 posts) -

if there's a sequel i'll get it day 1

#53 Posted by blackace (19766 posts) -

@finalstar2007: I thought they had cleared he 1 million a while back last year. I haven't heard if they were going to make a sequel or not. I know there will be a sequel for Tales of Xillia. So that will be great.

#54 Posted by Zassimick (6165 posts) -

Really happy to see it had done so well. It was an incredibly charming, light-hearted tale and I would love to see a sequel with improvements.

#55 Posted by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

It's a shame that all the game has going for it are the aesthetics. The awful story, writing, bland characters, and broken combat really bring the game down.

#56 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5072 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Should have been on Wii U.

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Wonder where it'd sell less: WiiU or Xbox?

PS is clearly the best place for JRPGs to go.

Good news for the game though I found it a bit slow and grindy. I'll get further into it one day!

Xenoblade is a good example of RPG's that arent pokemon dont seem to sell well on platforms that arent PlayStation as i believe Xenoblade didnt even crack 800K yet worldwide ( or did it? ) and it came way before ni no kuni not to mention its one of wii's most hyped game.

i hope we get to see more JRPG's this coming generation and hopefully they get to be a success too.

It did, however NoA fucked up the localization.

#57 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

Psh, only 1 million? What a flop.

This is system wars, right?

#58 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

It's a shame that all the game has going for it are the aesthetics. The awful story, writing, bland characters, and broken combat really bring the game down.

Is there any game you actually like?

#59 Posted by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

Yes. There are lots of games that I like. Ni No Kuni just isn't one of them.

#60 Edited by meluvulongtime8 (1388 posts) -

That's great, the game deserves it. One of the few great JRPGs for the gen. Liked it zoo much I platinum'd it. I'd definitely like to see a sequel.

#61 Posted by aroxx_ab (9147 posts) -

Sounds low, the new Tomb raider game sold like 4million and that flopped in sales for devs, it is just now lately it started go with profit...

#62 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Pffrbt said:

Name some. I've only ever read complaints from you, ever.

#63 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3633 posts) -

damn good game and the closest thing we have had to a good JRPG in a long time.

#64 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Sounds low, the new Tomb raider game sold like 4million and that flopped in sales for devs, it is just now lately it started go with profit...

Somehow I doubt that Ni No Kuni had anywhere near the budget that Tomb Raider did. Probably cost a tenth as much to make, if that.

#65 Edited by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Pffrbt said:

Name some. I've only ever read complaints from you, ever.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
  • Bayonetta
  • Vanquish
  • Anarchy Reigns
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Zone of the Enders 2
  • ICO
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Guacamelee
  • Deadly Premonition
  • Klonoa 1 and 2
  • Megaman Legends 1 and 2
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  • Sonic CD
  • Knuckles Chaotix
  • JSRF
  • We <3 Katamari
  • Pokémon games
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
#66 Posted by Ghost120x (3653 posts) -

I'll be a monkey's uncle. Great job level 5!

#67 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26171 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

I enjoyed other jrpgs that came out much more then this one.

#68 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2155 posts) -

It was an alright game. Had a couple problems, but it was pretty to look at.

#69 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34086 posts) -

Good to hear. Would have bought this game in a heart beat if I had a PS3.

#70 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

I'm going to start playing this after I finish startropics but....lol at you foor thinking in this day and age that two separate games selling 1.7 million is good sales.

For an RPG by Level 5 the sales have been good. Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicles, Rogue Galaxy and White Knight Chronicles weren't great sellers themselves, and the only reason Dragon Quest VIII and IX sold well was because they are Dragon Quest games, and in Japan they are guaranteed to sell millions. And the best part is that Ni no Kuni made more money than Dead Space 3, and Dead Space 3 sold more. In in retrospect which games performed the best? The one which made Bandai Namco and Level 5 money, or the one which didn't make EA any money because of the bloated development costs?

#71 Edited by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Except the newest Tomb Raider, much like Dead Space 3, had a bloated development cost, so even selling 4 million units couldn't cover it. But Level 5 and Bandai Namco aren't as stupid as Square Enix or EA. They don't bloat their development costs and just expect their games to sell 'X' amount of millions. Ni no Kuni was a great game made on a modest budget, and even though it sold less than half of what Tomb Raider and Dead Space sold it has earned Bandai Namco more money. A similar thing happened for Bethesda and Arkane Studios with Dishonoured, another great game on a modest budget.

Games like Ni no Kuni and Dishonoured are proof enough that the way the major publishers go about business is stupid. Throwing more money at a project doesn't earn you more money. And instead of seeing their mistakes both EA and Square Enix just bitched about the sales of their games. Both companies are run by a set of idiots.

#72 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3633 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

I enjoyed other jrpgs that came out much more then this one.

I just felt like it had some of that old school charm and kind of a turn based feel. There are other decent JRPG's... however, most are real time or on handhelds, and I prefer more of a tunr based/console experience.

#73 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

Only purchased it last week whilst I wait for my PS4 to become useful. It's a good game so far, bit like Pokemon in a few ways.

#74 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28311 posts) -

Just started the game up, In Ding dong Dell....So the game is basically pokemon except you are able to attack creatures as well right? cause that's the vibe I'm getting.

#75 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

no surprise. its weaboo game afterall. pink girly JRPG for little kids and girls.

#76 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2222 posts) -

Sad day when crap like JRPGs sell millions.

#77 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

lot people really love girly pink stuff...i dunno why.

#78 Posted by MonsieurX (28766 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

yeah,not enough testosterone

#79 Edited by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Says the guy with a dancing man covered in make up as an avatar.

#80 Posted by Arthas045 (5059 posts) -

Love this game, but it got buried under some other games and I need to continue it!

#81 Posted by MonsieurX (28766 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I guess yours is broken

#82 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5072 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

No one mocks Bon Clay!

#83 Posted by clone01 (24178 posts) -
#84 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

This is one of those games that I haven't purchased yet, I'll consider getting it soon since I'm now on Spring break and I need good games to play.

#85 Posted by Jag85 (4269 posts) -

I'm going to start playing this after I finish startropics but....lol at you foor thinking in this day and age that two separate games selling 1.7 million is good sales.

It's the same game, not two separate games. And for a niche game like this, 1.7 million sales is beyond good.