Ni No Kuni sells over 1Million.. huge sucess

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (24965 posts) -
#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39207 posts) -

Nice.

I still need to continue it. I just find the game to be sooo slow.

#3 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21554 posts) -

Very charming game, my brother and I took turns in playing it because it was so slow, finished it at lvl71, fun combat.

#4 Posted by jake44 (1971 posts) -

I bought it a few months ago. Have yet to open it though.

#5 Edited by Desmonic (13442 posts) -

Cool. Nice to see these smaller more niche franchises enjoy some success :)

#6 Posted by KungfuKitten (20861 posts) -

Should have been on Wii U. But I'll pick it up from a budget bin some time.

#7 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Should have been on Wii U.

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (24965 posts) -

It was $6 on PSN last week :/

i even bought one just to support the game even though i already bought the physical version on day 1

#9 Edited by sts106mat (19037 posts) -

good to hear. the game looked beautiful when i saw it at an expo. If i had had a PS3 at the time, I'd have probably given it a try, despite it not being my usual type of game.

#10 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Wonder where it'd sell less: WiiU or Xbox?

PS is clearly the best place for JRPGs to go.

Good news for the game though I found it a bit slow and grindy. I'll get further into it one day!

#11 Posted by Minishdriveby (9755 posts) -

It was an alright game. Had a couple problems, but it was pretty to look at.

#12 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

@locopatho: out of the consoles jrpgs are probably better of on playstation. Even so the 3ds beats it due to how big handhelds are in Japan

#13 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I own this and started playing it, but stopped and went back to working on my PC backlog. I will get to it one of these days (many months from now).

#14 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

The game is awesome. I put more than 150 hours on it and still got things to do. Real rpg gaming.

#15 Posted by jsmoke03 (12764 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Good news for the game though I found it a bit slow and grindy. I'll get further into it one day!

wii u? no one would have bought the game outside of japan if that was the case but it would have sold better on the wii u because its a jrpg.

why do people call it slow and grindy? this is one of the few jrpg that im not having to xp farm

#16 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

I hope there's a sequel :) and nice! an rpg like this selling well.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Cool, let's hope the sequel, if it gets one, fixes the many issues the current game has.

#18 Edited by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

Good for the game. Was a great game, so I'm glad it did well sales-wise.

#19 Posted by finalstar2007 (24965 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Xenoblade is a good example of RPG's that arent pokemon dont seem to sell well on platforms that arent PlayStation as i believe Xenoblade didnt even crack 800K yet worldwide ( or did it? ) and it came way before ni no kuni not to mention its one of wii's most hyped game.

i hope we get to see more JRPG's this coming generation and hopefully they get to be a success too.

#20 Edited by lostrib (34582 posts) -

Hopefully after this week I will have the time to sit down and enjoy this

#21 Edited by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@locopatho: out of the consoles jrpgs are probably better of on playstation. Even so the 3ds beats it due to how big handhelds are in Japan

Mmmm I was on about console JRPGs like Ni No Kuni. Though I enjoyed many Xbox and Wii JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, Tales Of Vesparia, Xenoblade, and Last Story, they seem to sell best on PS.

#22 Posted by KungfuKitten (20861 posts) -
@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Thought the anti Nintendo nerds didn't like kiddy games. It looks plenty kiddy to me. A lot of back-pedalling in SW, lately.

#23 Edited by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

Ni no Kuni is awesome, so I'm glad it reached a million sales. Let's hope for a sequel. Level 5 are by far the best JRPG studio in the world right now, and they have been for quite some time (sorry Atlus).

#24 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

I'd love to see the DS version remade for the 3DS.

#25 Posted by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

God job! The game was fun!

#26 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

great game

#27 Edited by RR360DD (11616 posts) -

Great game, i hope this means we get a sequel so I have a reason to turn on my PS4.

#28 Edited by kitty (114567 posts) -

I'll eventually get back to playing this, I love the art style for the graphics. Too many games and plus is really killing the backlog >_>

#29 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19873 posts) -
#30 Edited by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

Nice.

I still need to continue it. I just find the game to be sooo slow.

Dat flow of the game!

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (39207 posts) -
@Cyberdot said:

Dat flow of the game!

Dat wannabe hermit!

#32 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42631 posts) -

Yay, sales!

#33 Edited by Senor_Kami (8336 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

i even bought one just to support the game even though i already bought the physical version on day 1

I wish I'd known that. $6 is a price I'll buy pretty much any game at as long as I've heard something remotely positive about it... except a Tales of game.

#34 Posted by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

@Cyberdot said:

Dat flow of the game!

Dat wannabe hermit!

Haha.

Want me to bring out a photo of my rig and games again? ;)

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (39207 posts) -
@Cyberdot said:

Haha.

Want me to bring out a photo of my rig and games again? ;)

Nobody cares about your rig nor your games. You own a PC and some games.

Big whoop. Welcome to videogames.

#36 Posted by DivineSword (15744 posts) -

Still have this game in shrink wrap sitting on my shelves somewhere, need to clear some of my backlogs!

#37 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26356 posts) -

I personally wouldint care for a sequel.As far as im concerned game is pretty but is also pretty dam boring.

#38 Posted by finalstar2007 (24965 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

I wish I'd known that. $6 is a price I'll buy pretty much any game at as long as I've heard something remotely positive about it... except a Tales of game.

Thats why i made a thread about it to let people know.. guess you missed the PSBlog, the thread that i posted AND pretty much every site that reported the sale lol

hopefully they'll make another one again.. even Tales of Xillia was like $10 i believe last week

#39 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@KungfuKitten said:

And sell even less?

Yeah, that'd be smart.

Thought the anti Nintendo nerds didn't like kiddy games. It looks plenty kiddy to me. A lot of back-pedalling in SW, lately.

Kiddy or not, the Wii-U is doing abysmal in sales right now.

#40 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9512 posts) -

Beautiful game but had plenty of flaws:

Ridiculous level of grinding
Slow, clunky combat
Very, very, very repetitive (you will follow the same formula until the end of the game)
Long boss fights will drive you insane with their unskippable supermove cutscenes
Predictable story and cliche characters

I got the platinum and vowed to stay away from this series. Playing through Xillia and am now going to avoid all of the Tales series. Namco JRPGs are just not for me. Wish I would have bought Lightning Returns, because the combat is far more fun in that than either of these games.

#41 Edited by cainetao11 (16898 posts) -

Congrats to Namco Bandai and awesome work to all those who purchased the game on PS3 as the game is now officially over 1Million! Namco says they are extremely proud to have made this achievement

Before Ni No Kuni comes out Namco said if the game does well they will consider making a sequel so here's hoping for a sequel on the PS4!

the franchise is now over 1.7 million!

http://playeressence.com/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-sells-over-1-1-million-units-world-wide/

So many times at the store have I looked at this, and thought of buying it. So many fellow gamers here praise it. I want to try these JRPG, or should I say like them, but I always end up never coming close to finishing.

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (23190 posts) -

I've seen gameplay videos, looks criminally boring.

#43 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

I'm going to start playing this after I finish startropics but....lol at you foor thinking in this day and age that two separate games selling 1.7 million is good sales.

#44 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15919 posts) -

Not my cup of tea. But, I think I'll buy it for my 18 year old. She liked Eternal Sonata so much.

#45 Posted by heretrix (37319 posts) -

I need to finish it. I liked what I played so far though. Lots of well done whimsy.

#46 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19873 posts) -
#47 Posted by anab0lic (271 posts) -

This game was so close to being awesome....if only the combat didnt suck...it should have been turn based. I really wish they remade it and just overhauled that part of the game.

#48 Posted by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

Well deserved. The game was really charming, if not relatively easy.

#49 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -
#50 Posted by widdowson91 (1235 posts) -

@anab0lic said:

This game was so close to being awesome....if only the combat didnt suck...it should have been turn based. I really wish they remade it and just overhauled that part of the game.

I'm sure the original version for the DS was turn-based. I'd love to see that version remade for the 3DS.