Next-gen consoles [pictures]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Stancel_Spencer (129 posts) -

Nintendo DS 2

http://media.techeblog.com/images/ds2_2.jpg

http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0408/12/nintendo_ds_2.jpg

http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/news/ds/console/nintendo_ds_2_2.jpg

http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/news/ds/console/nintendo_ds_2.jpg

sorry I'm new I don't know to post images. None of the tags I was using were working in preview.
#2 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -

The techeblog image is fake; it's simply fanboy dreamwork of two iPhones duct-taped together and photoshopped for authenticity.

Can't really comment on the second and third image, but it looks a little too similar to the Nintendo DS Lite for it to be a new generation of Nintendo handhelds.

The fourth image looks just plain silly.

#3 Posted by -Sluggo- (1345 posts) -

Wow...

Completely misleading title and thread content.

#4 Posted by the1stfandb (2397 posts) -

The techeblog image is fake; it's simply fanboy dreamwork of two iPhones duct-taped together and photoshopped for authenticity.

Can't really comment on the second and third image, but it looks a little too similar to the Nintendo DS Lite for it to be a new generation of Nintendo handhelds.

-Jiggles-

The 4th one is my favorite.:(

#5 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

the1stfandb

The 4th one is my favorite.:(

It's definiately the most unique, but it looks like it'd be uncomfortable in both your hands and pocket.

Personally, although it's obviously fake, I'd want the first one to be true.

#6 Posted by AaronHullLfc (863 posts) -
I was expecting something like Crysis 4 but Mario Kart on the DS, you having a laugh with that title, aren't you?
#7 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -

Nintendo DS 2

img1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

sorry I'm new I don't know to post images. None of the tags I was using were working in preview.Stancel_Spencer

Fixed the images.

#8 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stancel_Spencer"]

Nintendo DS 2

sorry I'm new I don't know to post images. None of the tags I was using were working in preview.wizardwd

Fixed the images.

**Fixed the "fixed" images.**

#9 Posted by TheTrooper45 (1682 posts) -
how are these consoles?
#10 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -
[QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Stancel_Spencer"]

Nintendo DS 2

sorry I'm new I don't know to post images. None of the tags I was using were working in preview.-Jiggles-

Fixed the images.

Ha ha ha I was faster then you at editing them :P

#11 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -
how are these consoles?TheTrooper45
Didn't you know that the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP were handheld consoles? Welcome to a couple of years ago.
#12 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"][QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Stancel_Spencer"]

Nintendo DS 2

sorry I'm new I don't know to post images. None of the tags I was using were working in preview.wizardwd

Fixed the images.

Ha ha ha I was faster then you at editing them :P

Damn you, lol.

#13 Posted by nintendog66 (2300 posts) -

-Jiggles-

Lol the techeblog one is obviously fan work, like the others are but it certainly isn't 2 Iphones taped together, that picture was posted LONG LONG ago before the iPhone was actually announced, back when Nintendo announced a redesign for the DS which ended up being the Lite, and people made their own dream redesigns.

#14 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

nintendog66

Lol the techeblog one is obviously fan work, like the others are but it certainly isn't 2 Iphones taped together, that picture was posted LONG LONG ago before the iPhone was actually announced, back when Nintendo announced a redesign for the DS which ended up being the Lite, and people made their own dream redesigns.

It's undeniable that it DOES look like two iPhones attached at the edges, though.

#15 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -

So... the DS is a console?

#16 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -

Franklinstein

For the last time the NINTENDO DS AND THE SONY PSP ARE FREAKING HANDHELD CONSOLES!!!!

#17 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

wizardwd

For the last time the NINTENDO DS AND THE SONY PSP ARE FREAKING HANDHELD CONSOLES!!!!

Lol, I don't think so. I think they are handheld portable devices. Not consoles. A console has wires to connect TV 2... and the controllers... it's just not anything like a console.

#18 Posted by darthsnail (152 posts) -

i was hoping for something a little more exciting with that title. i wanted to open the thread and see some kind of hovering xbox which is a hologram or something like youd see in sci-fi films.

#19 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -
[QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

Franklinstein

Lol, I don't think so. I think they are handheld portable devices. Not consoles. A console has wires to connect TV 2... and the controllers... it's just not anything like a console.

Here's some proof:

The Nintendo DS (sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS, and now officially renamed Original ****Nintendo DS) is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo.wikipedia

Final now?

#20 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -

I don't know... you think we should bring out the ole... PS9?

I'm doing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiiUkh_r7U

#21 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Franklinstein"][QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

wizardwd

Here's some proof:

The Nintendo DS (sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS, and now officially renamed Original ****Nintendo DS) is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo.wikipedia

Final now?

But the controllers?

Well... if Wikipedia said so.. I guess I'm out-matched here.... unless you JUST went to wikipedia and edited that page to say so.

#22 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -

Well two can play at this game!

The Nintendo DS (sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS, and now officially renamed Original Style Nintendo DS) is NOT a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was released in 2004 in Canada, the United States, and Japan.

Wikipedia

#23 Posted by wizardwd (606 posts) -
[QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"][QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

Franklinstein

Here's some proof:

Final now?

But the controllers?

Well... if Wikipedia said so.. I guess I'm out-matched here.... unless you JUST went to wikipedia and edited that page to say so.

It's in the top of the page so I it's uneditable (I think). And I would never do that.
#24 Posted by akif22 (16012 posts) -

some of those mockups look quite cool

ofc, nintendo's actual next gen handheld will be nothing like them

#25 Posted by Franklinstein (7014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Franklinstein"][QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"][QUOTE="wizardwd"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

wizardwd

Here's some proof:

Final now?

But the controllers?

It's in the top of the page so I it's uneditable (I think). And I would never do that.

It is editable, I edited to make ME right. But I'm just joking around. I really don't care that much.

#26 Posted by fraz1776 (2269 posts) -

Franklinstein

Blatantly!!

#27 Posted by the1stmoonfly (3293 posts) -
all fake. Id say they are all concepts of some forum person somewhere out there in interland. Look ok though.
#28 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9490 posts) -

This One Looks Cool

#29 Posted by crunchUK (3050 posts) -
ever considered that nitendo's handheld might not have 2 screens? :roll:
#30 Posted by JIT93 (5590 posts) -

A video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or electronic device that manipulates the video display signal of a display device (a television, monitor, etc.) to display a game. The term video game console is used to distinguish a machine designed for consumers to buy and use solely for playing video games from a personal computer, which has many other functions, or arcade games, which are designed for businesses that buy and then charge others to play..Answers

Hopefully this proves the definition of a console :D

#31 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6315 posts) -

how are these consoles?TheTrooper45

Thread title is misleading.

#32 Posted by Stancel_Spencer (129 posts) -
No, I want people to post pictures of next-gen console designs. You don't have to, but if you want to , you can.
#33 Posted by naruto7777 (8059 posts) -
misleading thread