Next Total War Warhammer is already in the works including a new historical "AAA" title notvisited

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Since launch last March, The Creative Assembly and Sega's Total War: Warhammer has released an impressive number of free updates and premium DLC. Today, its eighth playable race—Bretonnia—makes its debut, as does its Old World Edition. The devs have now also confirmed work on its sequel "has been underway for some time".

As for Total War, it seems work on the next instalment is also underway. Bartholomew continues: "Meanwhile, our historical team are also working on a major triple-A title in an era we’ve not visited yet. Over 1.2 million people play Total War every month, with the majority playing our previous games. We haven’t forgotten that."

PCGAMER

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

warhammer 40k please? i don't care what it takes

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@lawlessx said:

the next warhammer game is going to add more races

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

More of the same hot garbage for PC.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

9/10

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Old World Edition, huh? I hope that means they're going to Naggaroth and Lustria next - because I want Lizardmen, damnit!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Eh. An expansion like DoW would do nice but a whole new sequel?

Also, next historical Total War better be China, it's been bloody too long.

I would've wanted Civil War too but I think Ultimate General got that covered.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Go play some copy paste uncharted

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I love this game so much. It's an ideal computer game for Warhammer Fantasy fans, and it's a wonderful blending of TW and Warhammer franchises. There are some things I'd improve, but it really is like crack. I wrote a glowing review not long after it came out, and playing it for hours last weekend I realized that it's only become even better and my enthusiasm hasn't waned

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Such an underrated game

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

glad they are making another Historical game, TW: Warhammer seemed like a step back from Attila to me (though i'm sure if I was a bigger Warhammer fan I would have enjoyed it way more)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

This is getting ridiculous.

I'm not buying anymore Civ or Total war games.. people complain about Sims and Assasins creed and many other franchises milking their player bases.

Why not just have one damn Warhammer engine, and just have ALL the damn races eventually added to that engine as DLC?

Why make a Warhammer Total War 2 and segregate the games, their races and available features?

seriously... fellow hermits are some of the biggest hypocrits "buh buh 9/10" ... ah go shove it.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I'm not buying anymore Civ or Total war games.. people complain about Sims and Assasins creed and many other franchises milking their player bases.

Why not just have one damn Warhammer engine, and just have ALL the damn races eventually added to that engine as DLC?

Why make a Warhammer Total War 2 and segregate the games, their races and available features?

seriously... fellow hermits are some of the biggest hypocrits "buh buh 9/10" ... ah go shove it.

Its going be a expansion that can be played by itself but can be merged with the previous games

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Because its a great game that doesn't require you to even purchase a single of the dlc to enjoy hundreds of hours in playing it? Its apart of a widely underused fantasy setting, and is a completely unique series that no other dev has ever bothered in emulating? And they are not making a Warhammer Total War 2.. They are making a standalone expansion, which they have done for basically every major entry for the past 10 years.. (Empire>Napoleon, Shogun 2> Fall of Samurai, Rome 2> Attila)..

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

wtf? they announced it has a trilogy. and they literally said that the 2 other games will combine with each other so that in the end, it's all 1 big map with all the races and campaigns.

These sequels are basically expansions. they're doign exactly what you want.

Also, DLC isn't bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@deadline-zero0 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

wtf? they announced it has a trilogy. and they literally said that the 2 other games will combine with each other so that in the end, it's all 1 big map with all the races and campaigns.

These sequels are basically expansions. they're doign exactly what you want.

Also, DLC isn't bad

This is by far the best use of the IP in a long time too.. Have people been paying attention to the numerous train wrecks of 40k/fantasy Warhammer games that are being released? Not even Dawn of War 3, looks very good now. The Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade from what I hear is getting worse and worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814

@lawlessx said:

... Uh Total War could never do a Warhammer 40k title.. Their entire engine is built around the concept of tight formations and a lot of melee combat.. That is why the most recent time period you will see is Empire because black powder combat still consisted largely of large scale line formations.. The only thing I could see them do is a space based combat one. Why do people seriously think Warhammer 40k could ever be done with a Total War engine?