next genners seem reliable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

I remember when the complaints were Wii U freezing up and needing a restart, Taco Bell PS4's spotty HDMI connections, Xbox One's lactating delicious milk vertically.

But on the (w)hole, it seems like the 8th generation of video game consoles has begun rather smoothly, it doesn't seem like there are massive widespread hardware failures ... at least not to a newsworthy extent.

so. why do you think this is? i have a couple of thoughts

one) because nobody wanted to pull another RROD. expensive and hertz the brand.

two) because console power, relative to the fastest single GPU you can get, is way down in magnitude relative to last gen. if you're not desperately trying to squeeze experimental gpu's in there, then the GPU you are using might have a track record of reliability. does that point make sense?

maybe if you have a next genner you could comment on its reliability.

#2 Posted by ParisHilton1Fan (1071 posts) -

My Xbox One stopped reading discs after 3 weeks. Wouldn't exactly call that reliable.

#3 Posted by kunal_anand50 (76 posts) -

Can't really get worse then rrod.

#4 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -

RROD was a time bomb. It happened to mine after exactly 2 years.

#5 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

You disgust me.

#6 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -
#7 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

@EZs said:

Gahh... you're right!

There is supposed to be two Ts'.

Time to commit sudoku...

#8 Posted by Telekill (4197 posts) -

Myself and quite a few people on my PSN friend's list have upgraded to PS4 and none of us have had an issue with the system yet.

The two people I know that have bought the X1 have both had theirs brick on them. One was a relatively easy fix via phone support where as the other had to send his in.

Either way, I wasn't going to take the chance on my new hardware and bought the accidental damage warranty.

#9 Posted by MeganFocks (161 posts) -

Well with a PS4 you never have to upgrade with a $1000 GPU every few years and you also don't have to beg to get bad ports of games so I'd call that reliable.

#10 Edited by lostrib (31427 posts) -

Well with a PS4 you never have to upgrade with a $1000 GPU every few years and you also don't have to beg to get bad ports of games so I'd call that reliable.

trololololol

#11 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

oh awesome. on par with my pc experience. 'grats.

#12 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

@EZs: good point. could be a ticking time bomb of unknown duration.

@ConanTheStoner: in that case mr cts, you can expect more of the same from me :D

#13 Edited by _Matt_ (8743 posts) -

Wait until 12 months down the line, we shall see then how reliable they are

#14 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -
#15 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

@Sagem28:

Horry shet!

Sup man?

I was trolling someone the other day and used you as an example of FFVI propaganda lololol

@CrownKingArthur:

Nah man, keep your holes to yourself...

You never know when you might need em.

(i have no idea what means)

#16 Posted by getyeryayasout (6865 posts) -

My next genner has been more stable than Bruce Jenner.

#17 Posted by joehult (350 posts) -

Not a lot of games where someone wants to pull all nighters. Also most consoles have sat in one spot since being opened. My 360 didn't crap out until 12 hours into gtaiv. Once these thing start getting overused and people decide to start blocking vents, etc. then we'll find out what the milk is.