Next Generation: Sony and Microsoft, Do Something Interesting Or Else, No Thanks

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]..... :lol: keep telling yourself thatZeviander
Considering how many current gen ports it's already getting for launch, I'd think you'd be dumb to not think it won't get good support.

looks at "nintendo 64 and gamecube" ummm we'll see
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]..... :lol: keep telling yourself thatChris_Williams
Considering how many current gen ports it's already getting for launch, I'd think you'd be dumb to not think it won't get good support.

looks at "nintendo 64 and gamecube" ummm we'll see

It will get a lot of ports like the Wii did till the others get released than it's back to square 1.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]..... :lol: keep telling yourself thatZeviander

I dont know if SONY and MS wanted to corner Ninty and make their systems way stronger than current gen probably Wii U will fall in the same trap as Wii or at least it will get a watered down multiplats but anyway I dont see SONY or MS stepping up their next gen hardware by a huge mergin I expect the next generation to be nothing more than a 7.5 generation.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Yeah because another Mario and zelda console is soooo interestingRR360DD

Wii U will have 3rd party titles. Nintendo is focusing trying to bring "hardcore" games to wii u, and they acknowledged there wasnt much that in wii.

AC3 and Alien colonial marines, that is already good start. At e3 we know more.

..... :lol: keep telling yourself that

I'm guessing you're a bit young so I'll leave you with a bit of advice. Dont write anything off in this industry. Ever. Its an unpredictable mess. Nintendo could come out so hard that they nearly retire Sony and MS from the business. Or Nintendo could flop hard and find themselves on a death spiral only to end up going 3rd party in the end. Anything can happen.

You see what happened to Sony, the invincible giant? From all out domination of the market to struggling in 3rd place just like that. Then on the flip side, look at the Xbox brand. It managed to survive and even grow off Halo alone. Nobody would have expected that and nobody expected their major presence this gen. But then again nobody expected them to abandon their core focus half way through the gen either.

Nintendo could very well take 3rd party by storm. There isnt some magical curse over Nintendo. All it takes is the right deals being made and some good timing. Looks like they're striving for both. It might happen, it might not, but dont go putting your foot in your mouth so early.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I dont know if SONY and MS wanted to corner Ninty and make their systems way stronger than current gen probably Wii U will fall in the same trap as Wii or at least it will get a watered down multiplats but anyway I dont see SONY or MS stepping up their next gen hardware by a huge mergin I expect the next generation to be nothing more than a 7.5 generation.Kashiwaba
"Same trap"? Wii U is coming out first, not second. And it will have the advantage of Nintendo's willingness to help developers understand the hardware, and a massive revenue stream backing it from the Wii's success. If Nintendo doesn't win next gen, they will have to purposefully forfeit.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sandbox3d

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]I dont know if SONY and MS wanted to corner Ninty and make their systems way stronger than current gen probably Wii U will fall in the same trap as Wii or at least it will get a watered down multiplats but anyway I dont see SONY or MS stepping up their next gen hardware by a huge mergin I expect the next generation to be nothing more than a 7.5 generation.Zeviander
"Same trap"? Wii U is coming out first, not second. And it will have the advantage of Nintendo's willingness to help developers understand the hardware, and a massive revenue stream backing it from the Wii's success. If Nintendo doesn't win next gen, they will have to purposefully forfeit.

And the funny part is it could happen. Hopefully they never grow a Sony sized ego lol.

I think the controller alone will put it way above the Wii in terms of getting good 3rd party support.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I agree for the most part. I'm definitely getting a Wii U day one. It looks promising already.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Nintendo's Wii model hasn't been that successful. They have sold a lot of consoles but games sales are lacking apart from the best known franchises. The problem is that it was aimed at casuals and casuals buy games once or twice tops. The same is happening with Kinect. Console gamers are not what they used to be, now they are kids who are looking for a cheap PC.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]I dont know if SONY and MS wanted to corner Ninty and make their systems way stronger than current gen probably Wii U will fall in the same trap as Wii or at least it will get a watered down multiplats but anyway I dont see SONY or MS stepping up their next gen hardware by a huge mergin I expect the next generation to be nothing more than a 7.5 generation.Zeviander

Came 1st or 2nd at some point Wiihad more install base than both PS3 and 360 combined yet it barely got any 3rd party support due to lack of power and motion control thats the trap Im talking about they could be underpowered again and their tablet control could be hard to be utilized by 3rd part devs.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

Sony and MS need to open their systems up to every type of distribution method, and every type of payment method.

This is the key that will lead to an influx of a huge amount of games.

Haziqonfire

That's a start. Having a pricing model on consoles would be good too. Microsoft can do a pricing structure like the Kinect bundle to pay less up front, more long-term. I can see Sony copying that strategy shortly after. The Kinect deal right now is a bad deal since we know what a normal 360 costs, however if the new console comes out with a contract type model, it might entice more people to buy one.

No, I'm not talking about the hardware.

On the software side of things the consoles are pretty closed off to developers who want to make free games, MMOs, or other types of online games that require lots of patches, or DLC cash shops.

The consoles are also not a place for apps like android, and iOS have.

And it's INCREASINGLY apparent that mid-tier devs struggle on consoles. The console makers need to drop the XBLA/PSN/WiiWare tags, and just open up the entire scope of prices for developers to develop for. Let some of these mid-tier devs self-publish a $30-$40 game that's download-only if they want to rather than requiring them to go through a publisher, who wants to screw them over, just so they can produce a retail product that sells poorly at $60 followed by the imminent death of the developer.

It is this reason that the PC and smartphone/tablet markets are booming, and the console market revenue has been dropping year-to-year for some time now. Sony, MS, and Nintendo need to QUIT IGNORING THIS HUGE CHUNK OF THE MARKET.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Yeah because another Mario and zelda console is soooo interestingRR360DD

Wii U will have 3rd party titles. Nintendo is focusing trying to bring "hardcore" games to wii u, and they acknowledged there wasnt much that in wii.

AC3 and Alien colonial marines, that is already good start. At e3 we know more.

..... :lol: keep telling yourself that

Wii U has 3rd party titles. I already said two that I can think of, ac3 and alien colonial marines.

Why did you say "keep telling yourself that", it was nintendo who said they are trying. They might fail.

You also think nextxbox will be only kinect consoles with timed exclusives dlc for multiplats, ofcourse forza and halo thrown there? :lol:

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[...] they could be underpowered again and their tablet control could be hard to be utilized by 3rd part devs.Kashiwaba
Ignoring all the anecdotal evidence from actual third party developers I see. Everything they've said has been positive, and not in any way pointing towards "underpowered" or "hard to be utilized". Keep your head in the sand... it'll help the jelly.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"][...] they could be underpowered again and their tablet control could be hard to be utilized by 3rd part devs.Zeviander
Ignoring all the anecdotal evidence from actual third party developers I see. Everything they've said has been positive, and not in any way pointing towards "underpowered" or "hard to be utilized". Keep your head in the sand... it'll help the jelly.

Bro im talking about things that might happend thats all I'm not saying Wii U will fail actually I already decided wii u will be my system of coice next gen having 3rd devs talk about how good and rosy is the system before it launch isnt a good indicator look at PS vita and how its struggling and see all the interviews with all the devs before launch and how they were saying its a great system I'm just saying Nintendo isnt being run by gods like how they failed with N64 and GC they might fail again or they might hit a homerun.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sandbox3d

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"][...] they could be underpowered again and their tablet control could be hard to be utilized by 3rd part devs.Zeviander

I really dont understand the perceived handicap with the WiiU controller that so many are seeing here on SW. This isn't like the Wiimote at all. It is a standard controller at its core. It just happens to have many more features built in.

If 3rd party devs just want a standard scheme its already there. The screen doesn'ttake away from that in any way.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]I'll be going wherever From Software and the Souls IP goes. So probably PC.

-Demon's Souls, a PS3 exclusive -Dark Souls, a game built from the ground up for consoles and is now being ported to PC with a locked 30 FPS (and limited graphics options from the looks of it). -From Software have developed/ported 3 games, counting Dark Souls, over to the PC in their entire existence. lolwut.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Steam/Blizzard/Nintendo covers close to 100% of the games I want (Valve+Blizzard+Nintendo = the triforce of gaming)

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I encourage everyone here to put the money aside that they would normally spend on a console and invest it alternatively in a gaming PC. You will not regret the decision. Then one day, in a few years, after years of gaming bliss on your beast computer the major consoles will be half the price they launched at (at least), and all of their best games in the bargain bin for you to play anything you really wish you hadn't missed. And life will be sweet.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
The "I want to be different" people annoy me for some reason. Not for the fact they want to be different but they're just the same as the others who want to be different so in reality they're just being "niche". Anyway yeah looks like I'll be getting a PS4 and Wii U to accompany my lovely PC which i'll likely score an SLI setup and possibly a liquid cooling kit for some major overclocking.
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 emosexualsRYOU
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts
im done with casual nintendo i want nes,snes,n64 nintendo back!
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]Doesn't Nintendo rely to heavily on gimmiks, DS, 3d, tablet.Haziqonfire
Nintendo Popularizes and Innovates, Sony and Microsoft follow.

Wuat.org

Nintendo f* cking invented gaming.

You heard it for 100th here folks.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]Doesn't Nintendo rely to heavily on gimmiks, DS, 3d, tablet.tonitorsi

Wuat.org

Never said invents. I said innovates in the industry and popularizes, which is factually correct. They popularize a lot of things in the medium.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sandbox3d

im done with casual nintendo i want nes,snes,n64 nintendo back!emosexualsRYOU

Well after yesterdays "conversation" I doubt this will be a meaninful discussion, but I just have to ask... what is so different between Nintendo now and Nintendo back then in your opinion.

From what I remember, Nintendo used to develop games with mass market appeal in mind. Those games were typically accessible enough for new gamers, but provided enough challenge in latter parts for the seasoned gamer. Oddly enough, THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY STILL DO TODAY.

Nintendo never really changed. I'll say this, the SNES is my favorite console of all time, but only because it had great Nintendo titles AND amazing 3rd party support.

The N64? I understand its tough to get over the magic. It was a big time for gaming. The jump to a full 3d console was huge! But looking at it realistically the Wii library beats it easily.

What would YOU do if you were in charge at Nintendo? What would it take for them to be the "old Nintendo" that you seem to love so much?

And if your answer is something along the lines of "teh powerful hardwarezzz!" then please save yourself the time and dont bother answering.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

I've already decided what I'm going to do next generation. I'm going to get a Wii U because Nintendo does interesting things on the hardware front(with a tablet, and that's it), they set themselves apart from the competition and have great first party titles (all 3 of them have great first party titles, MS not so much though). I'm going to invest in a gaming PC (you're late, but good choice) because I want the best of the best and consoles simply cannot offer that, no matter how hard they try they're always poor in comparison.

For that reason alone if Microsoft and Sony decide "We're making more of the same", count me out because I honestly don't give a crap. I'm done playing a poor mans gimped PC for a console. I'm done playing third party games at 15FPS (what an idiot). I'm also done trying to find something to like that's made in house by Sony and Microsoft when neither offer anything great. Yeah, Mario is great but if you don't like plaformers, eating mushroom & star, saving princess for a 100 times what are you left with? Pokemon? No thanks. Zelda? Meh. Super smash bros? Eh, no. The ones I just mentioned aren't even amazing or top quality, they're only 'good' - that's nice and dandy but I'm looking for more (like a 200rd edition of mario spins off?).

Nintendo you say? Well, if you don't like Mario, zelda, and wut? you're **** out of luck. It's okay they've got this though: (see? I can do it too!)

No thanks bruh.

Why does it seem like Nintendo is the only one who 'gets it' about making a console? (:lol:) Sony and Microsoft really don't understand, being just like everyone else isn't going to get you very far. Granted, Microsoft understands this with Kinect but the execution has been absolutely terrible.

So you Sony and Microsoft fans might be happy buying a new Playstation or Xbox, but I sure as hell won't be if they just follow conventions.For all you people who aren't fortunate enough to discover the difference between PC and consoles, it's like this:

So while Sony and Microsoft try to fight it out to be second best, I'll be enjoying my Gaming PC and Wii U unless they actually wake up and decide "Hey, we finally get it". When that day comes, I'll be back on the Playstation and Microsoft front. Until then, nada.

And no, this:

Does not count as being 'different'. They really need to do a lot for them to make me give a damn and to get to the same success level as Nintendo has with the Wii and will probably get with the Wii U.

Haziqonfire

Blue part = agree. The rest... not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]Doesn't Nintendo rely to heavily on gimmiks, DS, 3d, tablet.tonitorsi

Wuat.org

lmao where did he say invent?

PSWiiU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PSWiiU
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

There are some points that a lot of people are missing.

1. First, I want to clear this misconception that the Wii didn't sell a lot of software. It actually sold more total software than the PS3 or 360. It had the lowest attach rate, but the highest total because there were so many more Wii's in circulation than PS3's and 360's. Add to that the fact that most of the titles that sold huge numbers on the Wii were first party, and I think that Nintendo actually did much better financially than Sony or Microsoft when it came to software revenue this gen.

2. The OP says that he is going for a Wii U + PC combo, so third party is kind of irrelevant. Nintendo + 3rd party is a great equation, I really wish that Nintendo would make a console with competent 3rd party support. But alas, the Wii and PS3 combo was amazing for me despite the extra cost, I could only imagine how glorious a Wii U + high end gaming PC will be. Nintendo understand the concept of differentiation, sometimes they don't quite get it right like in the case of the Gamecube, but they understand you need something that isn't just more of the same to appeal to the public at large (hardcore gamers seem content with the same old everything as long as graphics improve). Just look at the Vita and the 3DS, is anyone really surprised that the 3DS is kicking its ass? It offers a unique portable experience, not just a pocket-sized home console.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#76 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobi120"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]Blog itcasharmy

You're telling a moderator what to do? :lol:

Well *looks at thread* I've seen mods say the same thing for similar types of threads.

Telling mods what to do :lol:

"Blog it Mod!" :lol:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
So you want a "new" fresh experience so you will choose the wii u... yet you play on pc which has had the same control scheme for 20+ years... ok then :| Wii u + Ps4 for me.. Ps4 for multiplats + exclusives + dualshock 4 wii u for nintendo first party + VC catalogue
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#78 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]So you want a "new" fresh experience so you will choose the wii u... yet you play on pc which has had the same control scheme for 20+ years... ok then :| Wii u + Ps4 for me.. Ps4 for multiplats + exclusives + dualshock 4 wii u for nintendo first party + VC catalogue

I get the best of both worlds that way. Nintendo is the best innovator/forward thinker in the industry, PC gaming allows me to have the best performance and flexibility out of any of the platforms, including the Wii U.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Noted sheep makes thread saying he's only planning on getting a Wii U. This is on par with the sun rising in the morning. Nintendo has been awful the past 2 generations...I have no interest buying any of their products again.
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

I'm confused as to how consoles without gimmicks are "more of the same," but PC gaming is amazing. FYI there are more PS3 games than Uncharted, LBP, and Resistance.

Also, what is this? A troll bait thread from a mod?

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

So basically you are a blind Nintendo fanboy that will buy anything with there name on it? When is the last time Nintendo did anything intresting with there hardware? If releasing hardware that is 5 years behind the competition at launch and relying on a horrid gimmick of a control that was resonsible for no 3rd party support and the most shovelware ever to be released on a system is interesting to you then hopefully Sony and MS will not take your advice. Good thing is you are just a kid in SW so im sure they wont.

Haziqonfire

Post 2004 they've been doing interesting things on the hardware front. The DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U - Dual screen portable with a touch screen, Wii with motion controls, 3DS with glasses free 3D and Wii U with a tablet controller.

Call em gimmicks all you want, at least it separates them from the others.

I am no kid bud.

If anything, it's responses like this that make them seem like gimmicks. You claim to be interested in them for the sole reason that they are different. That's what a gimmick is. They're features (differences) for the sake of grabbing attention, moreso than any practical application. Like the flawed glasses free 3D that the 3DS employs.

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

I've already decided what I'm going to do next generation. I'm going to get a Wii U because Nintendo does interesting things on the hardware front, they set themselves apart from the competition and have great first party titles. I'm going to invest in a gaming PC because I want the best of the best and consoles simply cannot offer that, no matter how hard they try they're always poor in comparison.

For that reason alone if Microsoft and Sony decide "We're making more of the same", count me out because I honestly don't give a crap. I'm done playing a poor mans gimped PC for a console. I'm done playing third party games at 15FPS. I'm also done trying to find something to like that's made in house by Sony and Microsoft when neither offer anything great. Yeah, Uncharted is great but if you don't like third person shooters what are you left with? Resistence? No thanks. Infamous? Meh. LBP? Eh, no. The ones I just mentioned aren't even amazing or top quality, they're only 'good' - that's nice and dandy but I'm looking for more.

Microsoft you say? Well, if you don't like Halo, Fable or Forza you're **** out of luck. It's okay they've got this though:

chocolatekinectjvc5c.gif

No thanks bruh.

Why does it seem like Nintendo is the only one who 'gets it' about making a console? Sony and Microsoft really don't understand, being just like everyone else isn't going to get you very far. Granted, Microsoft understands this with Kinect but the execution has been absolutely terrible.

So you Sony and Microsoft fans might be happy buying a new Playstation or Xbox, but I sure as hell won't be if they just follow conventions.For all you people who aren't fortunate enough to discover the difference between PC and consoles, it's like this:

ivOWbErz4ZGNl.gif

So while Sony and Microsoft try to fight it out to be second best, I'll be enjoying my Gaming PC and Wii U unless they actually wake up and decide "Hey, we finally get it". When that day comes, I'll be back on the Playstation and Microsoft front. Until then, nada.

And no, this:

ssdance.gif

Does not count as being 'different'. They really need to do a lot for them to make me give a damn and to get to the same success level as Nintendo has with the Wii and will probably get with the Wii U.

Haziqonfire

:lol: good post truth must be told

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Neither are going to ignore the casual market too much money for them.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
PC + WiiU/3ds Might pick up the new xbox for halo, but with the halo on PC rumor, I might just be able to skip that. I'm tired of paying for live.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Nintendo's Wii U if it gets 3rd party support would dominate

that ipad controller can be epic

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
So in short: You don't like sony/ms exclusives and/or think they are too few. You don't like sony/ms peripherals. You will not buy their consoles again if they don't change. Makes perfect sense ofc. If you dislike something than obv you shouldn't buy it again if it doesn't change. Why you tell us about it I don't know. Please use ur blog next time :) (can't believe a mod doesn't know that).
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol I've never seen a mod make such moronic statements before not only believing that pc gaming is like that but that the wii was interesting.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
That's pretty much how I feel about the coming generation. I'm looking forward to this E3 to see just what direction Nintendo are taking with the Wii U... but with the other two I don't think I'm going to purchase them if all they offer is what we have had this generation. Now I say this but of course if a exclusive is announced that makes me salivate then that may sway me but as it stands right now I really couldn't care much for consoles out side of Nintendo and even then my interest is modest.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

PC + WiiU/3ds Might pick up the new xbox for halo, but with the halo on PC rumor, I might just be able to skip that. I'm tired of paying for live.YoshiYogurt
yea dont get your hopes. "an inside souce" sounds like bs because the site just wants hits. i'll believe till i see it. and if it does happen, they better put all 3 games on the pc and not just the first one or 2 like the flood trilogy.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Another Nintendo Lover...

The truth is, Even if Sony and Microsoft is better than the Wii:U or does something so cool that makes the gaming community scream in joy (not the casuals)...
A fanboy will still knock it off, because it ain't Mario or it won't sell :|

Which is a shame.
We already know Wii:U is poor compared to PC specs and the future consoles. Their focus is on a funky controller and a dedicated fanbase consisting of Children and Elderly gamers and Casuals.

At least Sony and Microsoft 'raise the gen' and aim to please even if they make a loss.
That my friend, is dedication.
Truth

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Noted sheep makes thread saying he's only planning on getting a Wii U. This is on par with the sun rising in the morning. Nintendo has been awful the past 2 generations...I have no interest buying any of their products again. senses_fail_06

Indeed.
Also PC gaming >>>> PS3/360 gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii gaming.

Avatar image for apocalypsehorse
apocalypsehorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 apocalypsehorse
Member since 2010 • 417 Posts

that 1st gif is aweful when you knwo what actually happens at the end of the episode...

pickleman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pickleman999
Member since 2012 • 110 Posts

lol I've never seen a mod make such moronic statements before not only believing that pc gaming is like that but that the wii was interesting.

WilliamRLBaker
I've never seen such a fat ugly read head who thinks he is some special person to call others morons for their opinions. BTW, my remark was not an opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

TC I'm considering your line of thinking next gen.. I made the mistake of going 360/PS3 this gen.. Big mistake. Neither of them offered the diversity I was looking for.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

Sh*t...I've already decided I probably won't even both with any of the 3 consoles whenever they come out next. They are reaching a point where they won't be able to go any further and just be closed gimped ass computers or start taking on extra sh*t like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox and create media hubs and won't be considered "gaming" consoles anymore.

I'll probably get one or 2 when they are out when they drop price but no more buying 3 right out of the gate and letting that sh*t sit around and continue to play on my computer.

Vogyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Vogyn
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

To be honest I see Wii U as a terrible concept for a next-gen console. If the specs revealed are to be true, then Nintendo is far-off in assuming that people would pay additional money to see an HD-esque Wii console. That's essentially what it is; the jump doesn't quanitfy the money required to satisfy consumers into paying for a future console. The Wii was one thing -- it inovated and sold a concept that was orignally a gimmick, yet found buyers in an untapped resource of non-gamers and Nintendo hit it big. The tablet controller is what bugs me, because it has so many unfavorable variables. The price, how many, will it work with 1 or more consoles, etc.

But yeah, you're correct. Nintendo always does new things and the other big 2 just follow. I hope they don't follow this time, because I see terrible sales growth in Nintendo's future from these new ideas.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
If Wii U lived up to the hype, then I agree with you.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
The Wii made it so I wont buy another Nintendo console for quite some time and we all know MS plight in chasing Nintendo's pot of gold. I'll stick with PC/PS4 next gen.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#100 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wii U looks like just another big gimmick. It's far less innovative than the Wii was and the constraints on the hardware to render that second screen are going to be noticeable.

The only reason somebody would bother with a WiiU right now is because they love Nintendo games. A large, bulky controller, hardware that is rumored to be only a bit more powerful than current gen machines, and having to switch your main platform that contains all of your friends (who you cannot count on to change platforms) is illogical.

It will come down to games. This gen the Wii has really disappointed with games. Sure it sells, but how many "must haves" are there on the platform. 3-4? All of the multiplats skip the console, and if you're not a fan of Nintendo, their list of "must haves" thins out very quickly.

If the rumors about the hardware in the WiiU are true, expect game developers to skip it like they skipped the Wii. Sure at first they'll push some of their current gen multiplats (games you can get on systems you already own), but once developers start creating games for the next generation of consoles, they'll skip the WiiU as the WiiU won't be up to par in strength (if the rumors are true). Nintendo does not keep up good relations with 3rd party game developers, they haven't in more than a decade.

So if you're a gamer who wants traditional games, the WiiU is far to big of a gamble to bet all of your chips on.