Next gen reveal to make 'people flip' coming tomorrow in GI

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4084 posts) -

trampoline?

#3 Edited by always_explicit (2655 posts) -

Xbox One secret sauce reveal confirmed.

#4 Posted by Chozofication (2720 posts) -

Could be Epic's game.

#5 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

PR guy comes out to the mic on the stage "So...uh....an intern may or may not have jizzed into some X1 units........sorry about that folks....So...uh...yeah...free Forza 5 for everyone!....No?....okay...."

Secret sauce am confirmed!

#6 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Whatever it is, I hope it'll at least spark my interests.

Haven't been very impressed with a lot things announced this new gen.

#7 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9512 posts) -

Knowing GameInformer, I am bound to be uninterested by it. They hype up games I'm not into whatsoever.

#8 Posted by silversix_ (13899 posts) -

"next gen only" where's the WiiU? Oh yeah its not a next gen system my bad

#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19120 posts) -

Sonic: We Promise It Won't Suck This Time

That's my guess.

#10 Posted by Slashkice (13004 posts) -

It's about time they showed Zone of the Enders 3 for PS4. Good show, GI.

#11 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3393 posts) -

That's my guess.

Lost World gave me so many mixed feelings, the bosses sucked completely, then half the levels were AWE-mazing and the other half was "WTF is this shit"

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (55488 posts) -

Is this where they announce Age of Empires 4: Age of Democracy?

#13 Edited by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -

Flip out, as in, getting angry or getting excited?

Hmm... Guessing it's the former because we love getting angry and all cynical.

#14 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3653 posts) -

Honestly.... if it is THAT BIG of an announcement... which I doubt it is. I am hoping it is a new IP that is multiplat preferably along the lines of the elder scrolls main series (minus Skyrim crap).

#15 Edited by Phazevariance (10931 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

This will never happen. That being said, yes that will make people flip out on a nuclear level.

#16 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1940 posts) -

New Unreal Tournament please! This is exactly what we need! The return of the arena shooter!

#17 Posted by clyde46 (43987 posts) -

That would make my PS4 purchase justified.

#18 Edited by TheEroica (13239 posts) -

There is very little that could make me flip out... That said, I hope they succeed.

#19 Edited by farrell2k (5692 posts) -

It's Knack 2...

#20 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

This should be good :D

#21 Edited by Randolph (10425 posts) -

Kabuki Warriors 2, only on Xbone.

#22 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24575 posts) -

It's probably going to be Uncharted 4.

#23 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23420 posts) -

pancake tycoon.

#24 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

The next big Kinect IP.

Get hype.

#25 Posted by HitmanActual (317 posts) -

Gears of War 4.

New and improved, all the features that you love...removed. Improved Multiplayer with no new maps just all the previous maps in HD and enhanced...for better gameplay.

Dedicated servers...as long as you buy a Season Pass. o_0

#26 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

Hopefully it's my little sister cant be this cute 2

#27 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6726 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot Returns?

#28 Posted by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

@silversix_:

No matter what direction you look at it, Wii U IS Next Gen

and frankly this entire year is filled with games that are only coming to 360 and PS3 so his comment may be in regards to that.

#29 Posted by Bigboi500 (29121 posts) -

Shenmue 3, exclusively for the PS4 or Wii U.

#31 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26241 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

That's my guess.

Lost World gave me so many mixed feelings, the bosses sucked completely, then half the levels were AWE-mazing and the other half was "WTF is this shit"

I played the demo in my friends house and enjoyed it. I wonder what they did to mess up the rest.

#32 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I just hope it's good. But, serious question here, when was the last time Game Informer was the one to announce a big game on their cover first? Like Resistance 2 maybe?

#33 Posted by Basinboy (10983 posts) -
#34 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

GTA V next gen version? hahahah

#35 Edited by PAL360 (26644 posts) -

L4D3 running on Source 2.

#36 Posted by gameofthering (10090 posts) -

Most of these "Amazing" announcements turn out to be not so amazing.

#37 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Slashkice said:

That would make my PS4 purchase justified.

sadly this has no chance of happening even though like you guys I still hold on to hope....

then again...

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/420442996744519680

#38 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

SE finally gave in to fanbase demands after repeated failures. FF7 remake. It's coming. :D

#39 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

SE finally gave in to fanbase demands after repeated failures. FF7 remake. It's coming. :D

if it did i would honestly go out and buy a ps4 at the end of the month, not a word of a lie.

#40 Edited by Speak_Low (856 posts) -

Next-Gen = only PS4, Xbox One and (maybe) PC

Wii U won't be able to handle most upcoming next-gen exclusives.

#41 Posted by TheEroica (13239 posts) -

I guess if I made the short list of what would make me flip.... Screen Shots to Mass Effect 4 would do the trick. I also want another Jade Empire game and my god do I want to see Fallout 4....

#42 Edited by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I guess if I made the short list of what would make me flip.... Screen Shots to Mass Effect 4 would do the trick. I also want another Jade Empire game and my god do I want to see Fallout 4....

I just bought ME3 on sale and booted it up. I forgot just how awful the facial animations are in ME games. I know it sounds petty, but it drives me crazy. A story based role playing game should have at least decent facial animations lol.

#43 Edited by Gargus (2147 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

L4D3 running on Source 2.

It could run on the quake 2 engine for all I cared as long as they kept valve away from it and brought back turtlerock to make it again. Because valve ruined everything good turtlerock had about l4d in part 2.

#44 Posted by StormyJoe (4745 posts) -
#45 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

@WadeFan: I'm pretty sure the Witcher 3 was revealed by their cover.

#46 Posted by bobbetybob (19120 posts) -

Well it's almost L4D3, it's made by the same studio.

Evolve

Not the greatest name but it definitely sounds interesting and Turtle Rock have a great track record so I'm excited.

#47 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6052 posts) -

Flip out, as in, getting angry or getting excited?

Hmm... Guessing it's the former because we love getting angry and all cynical.

System of a Down ................Wars?

#48 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3393 posts) -

Well it's almost L4D3, it's made by the same studio.

Evolve

Not the greatest name but it definitely sounds interesting and Turtle Rock have a great track record so I'm excited.

Oooooh, Me Wantie~

#49 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

Few independent studios sport the multiplayer pedigree of Turtle Rock Studios. After years of working on Valve's Counter-Strike series, the California-based developer created Left 4 Dead, a post-apocalyptic shooter that redefined cooperative gaming and landed the number-one spot on Game Informer's Top 30 Co-op Games of All Time list. Now the studio is combining its competitive and cooperative design expertise for a new, next-gen only IP: Evolve. Backed by publisher 2K Games, which paid a whopping $10.8 million for the IP in last year's THQ auction, Turtle Rock is taking full advantage of gamers' powerful new systems.

The sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster that grows larger and more powerful over the course of matches. Each hunter features its own unique items and abilities, and while the monster may be outnumbered, its size and an assortment of devastating attacks make it a more than formidable foe. Like Turtle Rock's previous titles, Evolve is being built with variety and replayabilty in mind; the result is a novel mix of cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements that's unlike anything we've played before. Our exclusive hands-on time with the game's four-versus-one hunt mode left us with plenty to be excited about, and you can get all the details in this month's issue.

Our 12-page look at Evolve reveals the first hunters, monster, and unique equipment players will get their hands on when the game releases on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 this fall. We also have a wealth of exclusive screens and hands-on impressions you won't want to miss. Check out the cover image below for your first hint at what's to come.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/evolve/cover709870/cov_250_l.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/images/hubs/evolve/hub0214-bgv1.jpg

Looks like Microsoft bought the wrong multiplayer-online online shooter.

#50 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -

System of a Down ................Wars?

Sounds pretty good to me, man.