News: Wii to use DS style online(Game specific friend codes)

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Ugh...Just as I feared. More Game specific friend codes. Come on Nintendo, you had a decent thing going with the single Wii friend code... don't screw it all up now... But realistically, why can't they design a halfway decent online infrastructure? Seriously, the freaking PS2 had a better online service.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
[QUOTE="Brain3000"][quote="1UP"]

This first sentence was originally a long string of expletives, but apparently 1UP would fire me, so I'm reduced to simply passing along this sad news: Wii Friend Codes for online play will be title specific. In other words, you need to register every one of your buddies with a new set of random numbers every time you purchase a new game with online connectivity, according to a GameSpy interview with Wii: Definitive Speculation.

GameSpy will be providing the middleware tools for Nintendo and third-parties to bring Wii online.

Falafelkid: Just one last question to make absolutely sure I have got this right, please. If I have a friend roster in one game, that roster will not be available to me in any other game. I have to build up an entirely new list for each title, right?

GameSpy: The answer to your question is yes, for the Wii friend lists are game specific.

Nintendo should send free batteries for the time it's going to take to punch the numbers in. But, will the inevitable hardcore uproar cause Nintendo to change their stance on this? Probably not. They've committed to this format for the Nintendo DS, it hasn't wavered, and all along the company's indicated they'd be following the same philosophy on Wii.

Too bad it's a philosophy that makes online play more frustrating than intuitive.

My reaction- Thank you for taking what seemed like a good thing Nintendo, and screwing it up.

My Reaction to you Brain3000 is to Shut up about Nintendo screwing it up as long as nintendo has online. like the DS it is still good to have online.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]Ugh...Just as I feared. More Game specific friend codes. Come on Nintendo, you had a decent thing going with the single Wii friend code... don't screw it all up now... But realistically, why can't they design a halfway decent online infrastructure? Seriously, the freaking PS2 had a better online service.

Because thats sony not nintendo you having played the DS online haven't you I have and it is good not as good as PSO and XBL. but good enough for the games that Sony and MS don't have.
Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts
My Reaction to you Brain3000 is to Shut up about Nintendo screwing it up as long as nintendo has online. like the DS it is still good to have online.NRGCDS
The damage control with this one is strong.

Yea, its online, but it sucks. It could be so much better implimented, but its obvious that Nintendo doesn't care about modern gaming.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"] My Reaction to you Brain3000 is to Shut up about Nintendo screwing it up as long as nintendo has online. like the DS it is still good to have online.Brain3000
The damage control with this one is strong.

Yea, its online, but it sucks. It could be so much better implimented, but its obvious that Nintendo doesn't care about modern gaming.

... go ahead and explain this one. How exactly does having a less-than-convienent online plan prove Nintendo doesn't care about "modern gaming". And what exactly is "modern gaming"? Is it just online multiplayer, or is it more? Seriously, people, please explain yourselves, rather than just throwing out a vague claim. It's not just you, Brain, it's lots of people. Honestly. Is it that hard to add a few extra sentences that make the difference between a well stated claim and a vague and unsubstantiated tagline?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]Ugh...Just as I feared. More Game specific friend codes. Come on Nintendo, you had a decent thing going with the single Wii friend code... don't screw it all up now... But realistically, why can't they design a halfway decent online infrastructure? Seriously, the freaking PS2 had a better online service.NRGCDS
Because thats sony not nintendo you having played the DS online haven't you I have and it is good not as good as PSO and XBL. but good enough for the games that Sony and MS don't have.

What the hell did you just say?

It's like 12 sentences in one! :?