New z6c Console, Quad-Core, pre-orders at 500,000.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Zero Devices is preparing to launch a new Android gaming box with a quad-core processor, a good range of ports, a wireless remote control and a game controller. It’s called the Zero Devices Z6C Entertainment Box, and it’s designed to let you run Android apps and games on a TV.

The Z6C features a Rockchip RK3188 ARM Cortex-A9 quad-core processor, 2GB of Gddr5RAM, 8GB of built-in storage, and a microSD card slot if you need extra space. It also has 3 USB ports and a micro USB port which you can use to hook up a keyboard, mouse, flash drive, or other peripherals.

The device includes 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and an Ethernet jack, has a built-in mic and infrared port for a remote control, and features HDMI, SPDIF and headset ports for audio and video.

Zero Devices includes a wireless game controller that should work with the growing number of Android games which support D-pads and buttons instead of touchscreens (thanks to products like the NVIDIA Shield and Ouya game console).

Pricing and release details aren’t available yet, but Zero Devices says the box is coming soon, and it will ship with Android 4.4.2 KitKat software.

Device already has more than 500,000 pre-orders and is expected to sell over a million within the first month.

A closer view:

Everyones jumping on board.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I see no reason to jump on board.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

triangle circle square and x.

isn't that a bit risky? wouldn't sony pursue litigation?

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jakandsigz

@CrownKingArthur said:

That config existed before. Also a lot use that config just like they use A,B,C,D,Y,Z,X etc.

Although to be accurate, notice how the shaped in the buttons are dotted. Sony would not be able to sue even if it was valid.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lundy86_4

@Jakandsigz said:

That config existed before. Also a lot use that config just like they use A,B,C,D,Y,Z,X etc.

Although to be accurate, notice how the shaped in the buttons are dotted. Sony would not be able to sue even if it was valid.

Unless you specifically know the patents, and litigation... How do you know?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@Jakandsigz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

"That config existed before" wot do you mean? surely sony is the only one using x square circle triangle.

yes i notice the dots. it is x square circle triangle. if the took the exact colors of the sony symbols, took the html color codes and just added +1 to each color would that mean they were different colors? technically yes they would be different colors. if yes would that mean litigation was out of the question?

if your defence was the little dots make it different i would take you to court. the premise of my case would be that these specific symbols (x square circle trialbe) are well established through years of marketing R&D and other expenses are flat out plagiarised by 'Zero Devices' in order to provide 'Zero Devices' customers a familiar experience - all based on sony's hard work with their over decade long establishment of x square circle triangle. furthermore the relative position of the symbols is the same.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jakandsigz

^Except those are enough as Sony has lost before. Also yes, people have used the before and after.

There are tons of thrd-party Sony rip-offs. I assume sony will try to sue if those 500,000 pre-orders actually buy the console and more sales come in. But they will most likely lose. Because the symbols are dotted. If the court even considers giving the, the time of day for basic shapes.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4

@Jakandsigz said:

^Except those are enough as Sony has lost before. Also yes, people have used the before and after.

There are tons of thrd-party Sony rip-offs. I assume sony will try to sue if those 500,000 pre-orders actually buy the console and more sales come in. But they will most likely lose. Because the symbols are dotted. If the court even considers giving the, the time of day for basic shapes.

Speculation. Great...

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jakandsigz

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

It's not speculation it's fact based on history. Why would a court all of a sudden grant sony symbols when they failed before? Some of you guys.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lundy86_4

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

It's not speculation it's fact based on history. Why would a court all of a sudden grant sony symbols when they failed before? Some of you guys.

It's 100% speculation. Nothing can be fact, if it is open to litigation, which patent law can be.

Also, I specifically asked if you know the patent law. If you do, then show it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jakandsigz

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

It's 100% speculation. Nothing can be fact, if it is open to litigation, which patent law can be.

Also, I specifically asked if you know the patent law. If you do, then show it.

You didn't ask me anything, what are you talking about.

edit: Actually wait, i just told you before like twice that they have lost before. Man you need some rest.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lundy86_4

@Jakandsigz said:

edit: Actually wait, i just told you before like twice that they have lost before. Man you need some rest.

@lundy86_4 said:

You never quoted me. You told me zero times that they lost. Furthermore, you provided zero evidence. I asked if you know the patents... If you do, and I am wrong, then great. Show it...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

basic shapes. lol

x square circle triangle can only mean one brand. how many billions of marketing were spent on this investment?

i'll give you another example jakandsigz.

what if this console really stinks? well, it's got x square circle triangle on it - what if that cheapens the playstation brand?

we aren't talking about a logitech controller for the ps3 which needs x square circle triangle in order to achieve consistency with the on screen prompts. we are talking about an android device which has nothing to do with sony, or sony games, or playstation. which uses symbols of x square circle triangle in the exact same configuration as playstation products.

i don't know why you are defending this product. what is your attachment to it?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrownKingArthur

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

You never quoted me. You told me zero times that they lost.

i need a link to a court ruling regarding x square circle triangle. since it exists.

i couldn't find one. used google.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Controller screams Made In China.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jakandsigz

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

basic shapes. lol

x square circle triangle can only mean one brand. how many billions of marketing were spent on this investment?

what if this console really stinks? well, it's got x square circle triangle on it - what if that cheapens the playstation brand?

we aren't talking about a logitech controller for the ps3 which needs x square circle triangle in order to achieve consistency with the on screen prompts. we are talking about an android device which has nothing to do with sony, or sony games, or playstation. which uses symbols of x square circle triangle in the exact same configuration as playstation products.

You can walk in a store and find even closer rip-offs and you are pretending sony has a mono on basic shapes????? Well pointless then. Not sure what you're even trying to say now.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

@Jakandsigz said:

You can walk in a store and find even closer rip-offs and you are pretending sony has a mono on basic shapes????? Well pointless then. Not sure what you're even trying to say now.

Show where they lost multiple times.

@Jakandsigz said:

You are stating that they have a case. Prove it... Or jog on...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@Jakandsigz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

basic shapes. lol

so you can't find the lawsuit? didn't think so. it's never happened before.

what about a link to these even closer rip-offs? a picture will speak greater volume than words.

sony doesn't have a mono on basic shapes. some decade and a half ago or something sony released the playstation. it's buttons were x square circle triangle. this is integral to the playstation brand. they've always been located in the same relative positions on the controller. now this company which you keep defending has plagiarised the exact four geometric shapes in the exact same positions.

hmm, if you were a playstation gamer, would this console seem familiar to you? if the product were familiar, would you be more likely to buy it? they have flat out plagiased sony's established button profile and put it on their console. i bet they spent less than an hour doing this. how much did sony spend back in the mid 90s?

seriously - this company has given up developing a set of buttons and instead opted to steal sony's ideas. you should accept this, why do you defend this company? they will lose in court.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jakandsigz

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speculation. Great...

basic shapes. lol

what about a link to these even closer rip-offs? a picture will speak greater volume than words.

sony doesn't have a mono on basic shapes. some decade and a half ago or something sony released the playstation. it's buttons were x square circle triangle. this is integral to the playstation brand. they've always been located in the same relative positions on the controller. now this company which you keep defending has plagiarised the exact four geometric shapes in the exact same positions.

hmm, if you were a playstation gamer, would this console seem familiar to you? if the product were familiar, would you be more likely to buy it? they have flat out plagiased sony's established button profile and put it on their console. i bet they spent less than an hour doing this. how much did sony spend back in the mid 90s?

seriously - this company has given up developing a set of buttons and instead opted to steal sony's ideas. you should accept this, why do you defend this company? they will lose in court.

You are literally the dumbest man on the planet if you don't know how to type in "third-party PS3 controller" on google. It's why no ones backing you up. you're stupid as shit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Blatant Sony controller rip off, bot buying. Bet they get sued too.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

500$ android box to play emulators?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@Jakandsigz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

You are literally the dumbest man on the planet if you don't know how to type in "third-party PS3 controller" on google. It's why no ones backing you up. you're stupid as shit.

already covered licensed controllers: "we aren't talking about a logitech controller for the ps3 which needs x square circle triangle in order to achieve consistency with the on screen prompts"

also, i already said this: "i need a link to a court ruling regarding x square circle triangle. since it exists.i couldn't find one. used google."

you never provided any links to any court cases but you mentioned sony losing in court regarding x square circle triangle. still no evidence eh? just personal attacks.

I don't need backup. what we're talking about is partly hypothetical anyway, except for your mentions of sony losing court cases for which i have yet to see evidence.

i cannot see any sense in your claim that the x square circle triangle can't possible infringe on anything because it is now white and made up with dots.

you haven't provided any evidence to support any claims you're making. @lundy86_4 asked for it too.

why don't you tell this guy he's dumb too?

@Heil68 said:

Blatant Sony controller rip off, bot buying. Bet they get sued too.

except this guy^ isn't dumb. he's one of the most respected and well known users on this forum. this guy thinks. and im not just saying that because he agrees with me on this particular occasion, naturally there are some things we don't 100% agree on but at least i can follow his thought process and at the end of it say "ok cool bro"

jakandsigz maybe put yourself in sony's shoes and imagine a competitor is using your established trademarked symbols which you spent millions designing.

or maybe you can provide me, and lundy, links to these court cases you've mentioned. or maybe you can find out what a licensed controller is and maybe if they have to pay money to sony for the privilege of making a licensed controller.

this article proves that there is the distinction in 3rd party licensed controllers, and 3rd party-non licensed controllers: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/121346/Sony_Goes_Up_Against_PS3_Controller_Knockoffs.php

In the article you will notice a firmware update stops some peripherals functioning but "it appears that third-party devices officially licensed by Sony aren't affected". they did this firmware updates for a few reasons including and aim "to stem counterfeit and unlicensed PlayStation 3 controllers".

show me the x square circle triangle court case where sony loses. please show all of us.