Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007:

Whats going to be the difference between the Scorpio vs Xone and the Slim?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@BigShotSmoov007:

Whats going to be the difference between the Scorpio vs Xone and the Slim?

LOL read up on what they announced for the scorpio as far as specs and compare it to what's in the Xbox One now, that should answer your question.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 PSP107

@BigShotSmoov007:

It's just an Xbox one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@PSP107 said:

@BigShotSmoov007:

It's just an Xbox one.

If you say so LOL, I'll wait for the scorpio, enjoy your Xbox S.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By PSP107

@BigShotSmoov007: "enjoy your Xbox S."

I'm not getting a Xone S.

Never had any Xbox system in its 15 year existence. =(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@PSP107 said:

@BigShotSmoov007: "enjoy your Xbox S."

I'm not getting a Xone S.

Never had any Xbox system in its 15 year existence. =(

So why does it even concern you that I'm waiting for the Xbox scorpio then?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PSP107

@BigShotSmoov007: "So why does it even concern you that I'm waiting for the Xbox scorpio then?"

I was concern?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And it still doesn't have any games that interest me....so no.

So what games interest you?

Was my question to hard for you?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

If I didn't already have the sexy Halo 5 X1, I would be tempted.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@spike6958 said:

Why would anyone even consider the S when the Scorpio was confirmed for next year? If you for some reason NEED an X1 this year, get the original version, because that'll be stupid cheap by the time the S is released, then trade it in towards a Scorpio next year.

Low cost 4K UHD blue-ray player with 4K video stream service support...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ronvalencia

@Shewgenja said:
@rrjim1 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:

Xbox One S has "Xbox Anywhere" exclusive.

My Windows 10 gaming PC is an "Xbox Anywhere" device.

No. It's a gaming PC, and anything said to the contrary is a demotion. Don't get it twisted sir. Keep Calm and Master Race.

You don't even know what a PC is, try looking it up!

I have been PC gaming since Full Throttle was on PC. Take a seat, you're in time out.

I have been into PC gaming since Commodore VIC 20 (with MS Basic) and Amiga 500 while my parents has IBM PS/2 Model 55SX (with 387 FPU at 33Mhz overclock, my first accidental overclock). I'm 100 percent zero game consoles.

Amiga 1200 (PC) and CD32 game console shares the same CPU, IGP, OS, and 'etc' hence Microsoft's desktop PC and Xbox One hardware unified software run-time plans are not new.

Before bankruptcy, Commodore has plans for HP PA-RISC + custom chips based game console that can run MS Windows NT i.e. the hints for Xbox like plans before year 1995's Full Throttle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_Hombre_chipset

Amiga with HP PA-RISC + Amiga_Hombre_chipset was the follow on after CD32 i.e. CD64.

Amiga_Hombre_chipset's 3D accelerator itself was based from PA-RISC CPU i.e. 100+ MHz PA-7150SIMD microprocessor.

The original plan for the Hombre-based computer system was to have Windows NT compatibility, with native AmigaOS recompiled for the new big-endian CPU to run legacy 68k Amiga software through emulation. Commodore chose the PA-7150 microprocessor over the MIPSR3000 microprocessor and first generation embedded PowerPC microprocessors, mainly because these low-cost microprocessors were unqualified to run Windows NT. This wasn't the case for the 64-bitMIPSR4200, but it was rejected for its high price at the time.

Amiga_Hombre_chipset was also to be offered as PC's PCI 3D graphics accelerator.

If Commodore didn't go bust, CD64 game console and it's Amiga 1200 PC replacement would be running Windows NT 3.x and OpenGL. Ultimately, HP PA-RISC gets replaced by Intel Itanium.

HP has aided Commodore with AGA and AAA chipset.

There's another company that was founded with HP PA-RISC, AMD and IBM PGA engineers .... that's NVIDIA.

As you can see, the Windows 10 PC and Xbox are the continuation from Commodore (3D GPU, Audio DSP, system integration) +HP (PA-RISC with SIMD, chip fabrication) +Microsoft (Windows NT)+SGI (OpenGL) project.

Microsoft didn't give up....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@Shewgenja said:
@rrjim1 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:

Xbox One S has "Xbox Anywhere" exclusive.

My Windows 10 gaming PC is an "Xbox Anywhere" device.

No. It's a gaming PC, and anything said to the contrary is a demotion. Don't get it twisted sir. Keep Calm and Master Race.

I have been PC gaming since Full Throttle was on PC. Take a seat, you're in time out.

I have been into PC gaming since Commodore VIC 20 (with MS Basic) and Amiga 500 while my parents has IBM PS/2 Model 55SX (with 387 FPU at 33Mhz overclock, my first accidental overclock). I'm 100 percent zero game consoles.

Amiga 1200 (PC) and CD32 game console shares the same CPU, IGP, OS, and 'etc' hence Microsoft's desktop PC and Xbox One hardware unified software run-time plans are not new.

Before bankruptcy, Commodore has plans for HP PA-RISC + custom chips based game console that can run MS Windows NT i.e. the hints for Xbox like plans before year 1995's Full Throttle.

Amiga with HP PA-RISC + Amiga_Hombre_chipset was the follow on after CD32 i.e. CD64.

Amiga_Hombre_chipset's 3D accelerator itself was based from PA-RISC CPU i.e. 100+ MHz PA-7150SIMD microprocessor.

The original plan for the Hombre-based computer system was to have Windows NT compatibility, with native AmigaOS recompiled for the new big-endian CPU to run legacy 68k Amiga software through emulation. Commodore chose the PA-7150 microprocessor over the MIPSR3000 microprocessor and first generation embedded PowerPC microprocessors, mainly because these low-cost microprocessors were unqualified to run Windows NT. This wasn't the case for the 64-bitMIPSR4200, but it was rejected for its high price at the time.

Amiga_Hombre_chipset was also to be offered as PC's PCI 3D graphics accelerator.

If Commodore didn't go bust, CD64 game console and it's Amiga 1200 PC replacement would be running Windows NT 3.x and OpenGL. Ultimately, HP PA-RISC gets replaced by Intel Itanium.

There's another company that was founded with HP PA-RISC, AMD and IBM PGA engineers .... that's NVIDIA.

As you can see, the Windows 10 PC and Xbox are the continuation from Commodore (3D GPU, Audio DSP, system integration) +HP (PA-RISC with SIMD, chip fabrication) +Microsoft (Windows NT)+SGI (OpenGL) project.

Wasn't sure if we were going pre-x86 or not. In that case, Tandy 2000.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

@i_p_daily: You can always tell a fanboy by how they think just the other groups are bad.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ronvalencia

@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Shewgenja said:
@rrjim1 said:

Wasn't sure if we were going pre-x86 or not. In that case, Tandy 2000.

My point, Commodore wanted Windows NT 3.X with OpenGL for their PA-RISC based game console and desktop PC.

Microsoft has approved Commodore's Windows NT intended deployment and Commodore specifically selected HP PA-RISC CPUs for Windows NT compatibility.

Commodore's Amiga CD64 would have been mid-1990s Xbox and Windows NT multimedia Amiga PC. After Commodore went bust, Microsoft looked for another partner e.g. Sega. When Microsoft run out of game orientated hardware partners, they decided to launch their own games console which is the original Xbox which includes customized version of Windows 2000 (NT5.0 with low overhead DirectX8).

Commodore's OpenGL support would be been triangle based 3D rendering architecture instead of Sega/NVIDIA's NV1's quadratic based 3D-rendering architecture.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Being that a 4k Blueray player costs $400 on it's own I have zero problems with the price of these.

Don't have a 4k tv yet, but will probably around Black Friday, so I am holding out for Scorpio ♏

If someone has a 4k tv already and was on the fence, it's a good deal.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#116 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Being that a 4k Blueray player costs $400 on it's own I have zero problems with the price of these.

Don't have a 4k tv yet, but will probably around Black Friday, so I am holding out for Scorpio ♏

If someone has a 4k tv already and was on the fence, it's a good deal.

Aye, its like BluRay back when PS3 released. People were very shocked at seeing a console cost $499+, but it was the cheapest BR player on the market at the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Too much Cow butthurt, too much Fear, too much Jelly.

I know I know, Scorpio is coming soon, the fear, the butthurt....all are too real for you schmucks to handle.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#118 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

The Xbox One S looks to be a great console with the best exclusives. Great news for gamers.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kvally said:

The Xbox One S looks to be a great console with the best exclusives. Great news for gamers.

Pale copy of Heil

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#120 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@kvally said:

Pale copy of Heil

Carbon copy of NathanDrakeSwag

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@Blabadon said:

System looks awesome, wish it was smaller though.

Yes, but I'll still get the Scorpio first. Then when the XB1 S 2TB drops in price I'll grab one of those. Anyone with a 4K HDTV will enjoy all their games upscaled to 4K.