new witcher 3 gameplay (lmao at the downgrade)

• 197 results
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Elaisse said:

I feel sorry for the console owners they do not even understand pc has multiple settings for graphics. Here is a clue for all you people who only game on consoles, PC owners have more options for graphics then brightness options. How about your think about this while grazing in the pastures cows.

You don't think people know how PC gaming works in 2015?

Please come off the PC is space alien technology BS argument buddy. Changing resolution, AA, filters and texture quality...but it's the same damn game on a basic level. Unless you are dealing with a mod that completely reconstructs the game your "options" aren't going to make it a different game.

Add as much AA or Resolution as you like, but on a basic level this looks like shit for a 2015 game if people are hyping it for graphics...Deal with it and stop the pathetic "PC creates an alternate universe" excuse.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@kinectthedots Nice, a cropped picture from a you-tube.

Actual direct feeds, shall we?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

lmao at the mustard above me posting artistic bullshots and comparing when to actual gameplay. face it, the game has been downgraded dramatically

#desperation

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lmao at the mustard above me posting artistic bullshots and comparing when to actual gameplay. face it, the game has been downgraded dramatically

#desperation

*cough* The Order *cough*

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ghostwarrior786

@Stringerboy said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Cool, hopefully this time the combat is significantly better. It blew serious chunks in Witcher 1, and was still at best average in Witcher 2.

I had to stop playing Witcher 1 because the combat was so horrifically bad.

its fukin terrible. i activated god mode + infinite spells to get through that shit fest of a game because i hate playing sequels without playing the original. took me 30 fukin hours to finish. witcher 2 has much better combat than the first though

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ghostwarrior786

@MonsieurX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#desperation

*cough* The Order *cough*

the order shot he posted is gameplay. yes it looks that good. unbelievable i know

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Jankarcop

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#desperation

Yes because PC never has the best gfx or anything. Totally have to be desperate.

@ghostwarrior786 said: yes it looks that good. unbelievable i know

It nearly looks last gen. Witcher3 on ultra looks better and has 10x the scale, rofl.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#desperation

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By kinectthedots

@Jankarcop said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#desperation

Yes because PC never has the best gfx or anything. Totally have to be desperate.

It nearly looks last gen. Witcher3 on ultra looks better and has 10x the scale, rofl.

lol since you want to make the comparison

Aside from resolution, it nearly does. Look last gen i mean...TW3 that is. Geralt would have fit in nicely with the doll like character models from MGS4 in 2008 on PS3. Impressive for the time maybe but it's 2015 now.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

that water, tho... so bad looking compared to DA:I water effects. and what is going on with Gerald walking/running animation? Its almost ME3 level rofl.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Apparently, Ultra settings are suppose to make it look like VGX/High quality E3 trailer level

@kinectthedots said:

@Jankarcop said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#desperation

Aside from resolution, it nearly does. Look last gen i mean...TW3 that is.

You 2 need to cut it. You still can't post a game of this massive scale that looks better. A linear, inclosed corridor running at near 900p resolution isn't very impressive.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Jankarcop
@kinectthedots said:

Linear QTE game, and still looks like shit:

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:

Apparently, Ultra settings are suppose to make it look like VGX/High quality E3 trailer level

@kinectthedots said:

Aside from resolution, it nearly does. Look last gen i mean...TW3 that is.

You 2 need to cut it. You still can't post a game of this massive scale that looks better. A linear, inclosed corridor running at near 900p resolution isn't very impressive.

already did with multiplat shots, you need to stop. Both MGS5 and Final Fantasy XV walk over TW3 in graphics so please cut the tired "massive scale" argument to try to give TW3 a pass.

Nothing from TW3 looks as good as these and both are massive open world games, sorry but that scale/open world excuse isn't going to fly this time to make people blindly follow the hype herms have drummed up about the graphics this go round.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@kinectthedots: You're actually using a shot from when FFXV was still caled versus xiii?

Oh boy. And why are you using MGS5? It'll be vastly better on PC. Even then, i won't comment on that one.

But FFXV is full of bad textures. Look at the actuall videos. And i just posted that TW3 Ultra will look vastly better anyway.

It was console level footage so far, on high settings.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:

@kinectthedots: You're actually using a shot from when FFXV was still caled versus xiii?

Oh boy. And why are you using MGS5? It'll be vastly better on PC. Even then, i won't comment on that one.

But FFXV is full of bad textures. Look at the actuall videos. And i just posted that TW3 Ultra will look vastly better anyway.

So, what exactly are you defending?

You know the latest footage of TW3 was pulled from 2 980's SLI right? Is your rig more powerful? So basically, if you have an ultra maga powerful rig you can run TW3 at a level that isn't a complete underwhelming bust? ok cool.

The thing is, MGS5 is going to be on PC and every advantage TW3 has in "options" for PC will also be available for MGS5. The ability for MGS5 to have same options that are available to other PC games helps your TW3 argument how exactly? It just means TW3 will be inferior to MGS5 on consoles and PC.

You said I couldn't post a game of that massive scale that looks better...and yet I did, 2 times over even!

Your rebuttal was FFXV textures, well buddy the entire make up of TW3 looks inferior to that of FFXV so simply saying "bad textures" for FFXV to defend a game that looks hardly better than a glossy last gen crossover isn't that great of a defense to begin with. Then you go to say the name was different and other ramblings to counter the proof I give you, talk about weak.

You are full of excuses man. THIS is an IN GAME shot HUD and ALL. So now it's your turn, please show me an IN GAME, non-staged bullshot, HUD featured shot of TW3 that looks better than this.

TW3 Looks like a cartoony version of Fable compared to either MGS5 or FFXV so I doubt you will find anything to help your cause.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

You know the latest footage of TW3 was pulled from 2 980's SLI right? Is your rig more powerful? So basically, if you have an ultra maga powerful rig you can run TW3 at a level that isn't a complete underwhelming bust? ok cool.

The thing is, MGS5 is going to be on PC and every advantage TW3 has in "options" for PC will also be available for MGS5. The ability for MGS5 to have same options that are available to other PC games helps your TW3 argument how exactly? It just means TW3 will be inferior to MGS5 on consoles and PC.

You said I couldn't post a game of that massive scale that looks better...and yet I did, 2 times over even!

Your rebuttal was FFXV textures, well buddy the entire make up of TW3 looks inferior to that of FFXV so simply saying "bad textures" for FFXV to defend a game that looks hardly better than a glossy last gen crossover isn't that great of a defense to begin with. Then you go to say the name was different and other ramblings to counter the proof I give you, talk about weak.

You are full of excuses man. THIS is an IN GAME shot HUD and ALL. So now it's your turn, please show me an IN GAME, non-staged bullshot, HUD featured shot of TW3 that looks better than this.

that shot doesn't look good at all...

Also, the Witcher 3 isn't even finished yet. Wait for the final product before talking about how it will run

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

For a big world, looks nice though, just not anywhere near cutting edge or the old videos. Every developer releases fake stuff, so why would Witcher 3 be any different ?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By kinectthedots

One of the very very few pics I could find of TW3 that wasn't a staged bullshot that actually has a HUD. Feel free to compare and contrast at your leisure.

Still trying to figure out why people are supposed to be impressed with TW3 graphics as hermits say, with foliage looking like something from last gen consoles and graphic design a step above Fable, I just don't see it.

Being completely honest, if you objectively look at all three of these pics and rate the graphics from 1 to 3 where would The Witcher 3 land? Problem is hermits are arguing with their beliefs and not what they actually see.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Jankarcop

@loosingENDS said:

For a big world, looks nice though, just not anywhere near cutting edge or the old videos. Every developer releases fake stuff, so why would Witcher 3 be any different ?

PC devs don't do this often, actually. It's more or less a console sin, like we'll all see once The Order HUD direct feeds come in from actual players and it ends up looking terrible like 5Club and Infamous outside of photomodes.

The devs recently already confirmed that there is no downgrade. TC got destroyed.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

LMAO at consolites having a meltdown, there's no game of this scale on consoles that looks this good.

All their exclusives are extremely claustrophobic experiences.

And I'm sorry but that MGS5 pic looks fucking awful, is that PS3?

The grass is so low quality, half the picture is blurred, the texture work is low res and snake's polygonal charge is so low.

MGS5 is nothing but a 1080p last gen game with low polys and blocky shadows.

And the only thing impressive about FF are the character models, you can clearly see how the rest of the game suffers because of this, a lot of low res textures as well.

Please stop posting those garbage tiny gifs, and post 1080p screenshots where we can clearly see the details, posting small ss just helps in hiding the flaws of the games.

Only decent looking characters, everything else = blurry garbage

next gen lol

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Jankarcop

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

All their exclusives are extremely claustrophobic experiences.

Not to mention, those experiences have to have tons of smoke and mirrors + 30 fps with dips to even come close to matching our OPEN WORLD GFX.

Just look at any The Order screenshot with a HuD. Massive closed in set-peices, blurring, super grain, black bars, shitty textures apart from characters. It's bad, real bad.

Why do you think those idiots mostly only post face or cutscene screenshots? DriveClub and Infamous look terrible in actual HuD shots....like holy shit bad.

lol consoles.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

TW3 Looks like a cartoony version of Fable compared to either MGS5 or FFXV so I doubt you will find anything to help your cause.

What do you win if MGSV or FFXV are better looking than TW3? (same goes for the other side of this ridiculous arguement).

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Jankarcop

@Snugenz said:

What do you win if MGSV or FFXV are better looking than TW3? (same goes for the other side of this ridiculous arguement).

There is a "other side"? I thought people had eyes....

And lets say you are blind, just use common sense from the last 3 gens and PC vs Console gfx...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Snugenz said:

There is a "other side"? I thought people had eyes....

And lets say you are blind, just use common sense from the last 3 gens and PC vs Console gfx...

All the games are on all systems, so what the **** is there to win in the "better looking" argument.

Yes the PC version of all 3 games will look better no doubt, but people are arguing about which of the 3 will look better on all platforms.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DEadliNE-Zero0

@kinectthedots: Has far has i know, MGS5 isn't fully open world, but simply connected large areas. Could be wrong.

Anyway, i have Ground Zeroes on PC. Trust me, it's a great looking game and the lighting shines (no pun intended), but the last gen assest and textures across the models and environments are easy to spot.

Has for FFXV, well, the pics above show it. Funny that you question my post, yet you use teh same exact pic i question since it's from years ago.

And again, why are you trying to own herms with this. PC will have the definitve version of TW3, MGS5 and FFXV, after it gets announced sooner or later.

The PC gfx champions has been Star Citizen for awhile now. TW3 probably comes second.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@04dcarraher: Tress FX 2.0 not only looked better it ran better. If they actually tried to use the GPU computational abilities it wouldn't be difficult. CD Project Red said they didn't plan on using any hardware specific features of either console and that's sad.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

you posted an employee of cdpr claiming that the pre downgrade visuals will be achievable on ultra. certainly you must know that developers lie all the time? their comments dont mean anything until we see actual gameplay looking like this

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_vgx_trailer-14895_en.html

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: Except it doesn't have lower scores and multiple sights have said it's simply better on consoles. Click a mouse to move? Lmao what a joke.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

Dont compare UEE, PC didn't have that release.

Compare D3 to D3. It scored higher everywhere on PC (GS/MC). Controller limitations results in a vastly lower Greater Rift level, and difficulty. It is sad really.

At this point console version is barely played, and has far less features yet is rampant with duping due to client side. Season/ladder has become a huge thing.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: I am comparing UEE which is the superior version. Avenger mode alone is worth it. And what are you talking about greater rift difficulty and the controller? The only thing a controller does is it makes it easier to move.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: I am comparing UEE which is the superior version.

You can't compare UEE because that same major update was not scored for PC.

DIablo3 scored higher on PC and kb/m allows for higher GR ranks, ladders, and seasons. Better and more content.

The fact that you do'nt know why controller would make you do lower GR's shows you havn't played it on PC. Do gr past 48 and get back to me.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
The Witcher 3 combat system. A 2015 title that required multiple delays!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

LOL the recommended hardware is only enough for 30fps, if you want higher you need put down settings or upgrade:P

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop You can compare UEE to Reaper of souls. The fact is UUE is the highest scoring Diablo period. KB/M has nothing to do with season or ladder support. The reason the PC version has it is because it requires a constant connection to Battlenet.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Jankarcop

That also had a MAJOR content patch that PC also got, which was not scored on PC.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#188  Edited By L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Can we get a lock on this thread?

Here is the link to official forums which says it is not a downgrade - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade/page282

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ghostwarrior786

@silversix_ said:

Lmao I cant stop laughing

@l0ngshot said:

Can we get a lock on this thread?

Here is the link to official forums which says it is not a downgrade - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade/page282

Oh the devs are saying it hasnt been downgraded must be true lmao the footage says otherwise and enough people say it has which is why devs are having to damage control

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

There's a slight downgrade and I don't care a bit about it. I'd buy and play this game even if it had graphics from the first title.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Jankarcop

The irony of this all is, it does turn out Console fanboys notice a huge difference from high to ultra.

These new videos were on slightly higher than console settings, the older ones were PC ultra. I'm glad you guys apparently got laser surgery.

Thanks for that ghostwarrior.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

I'm sorry, but does that screenshot genuinely impress you?

Because to me it looks like something from Assassin's Creed 1.

Off with a lot of you posting character close-ups from Japanese games for "comparison". If you've been gaming for some time, you know the priorities of Japanese devs.

All of the polycount and textures goes into characters, while the environments are 1-2 gens behind. Which is evident from the very screenshots some of you post.

And FF still uses FMVs left, right and center to this day, so any "screenshot" that looks good is doubtful.

@kinectthedots said:

Nothing from TW3 looks as good as these and both are massive open world games, sorry but that scale/open world excuse isn't going to fly this time to make people blindly follow the hype herms have drummed up about the graphics this go round.

Again, Kojima's games look godlike in cutscenes, but only about passable in-game.

That's how it always was, that's how it is, still.

The above screenshot looks like original Crysis on Medium settings.

It's so unremarkable, i don't even know why you post these.

Also, GZ has ridiculous pop-in, even on PC and consoles have it even worse.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@R10nu: lol please provide screens of AC 1 and crysis 1 on medium settings looking like the above clown. wow you are clueless.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

A turd thread from the turd @ghostwarrior786.

The game looks fantastic on PC. I don't see any downgrade. Maybe only very slightish, but that's it. The game still looks better that anything in the development except for Star Citizen.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#195  Edited By mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

LOL the recommended hardware is only enough for 30fps, if you want higher you need put down settings or upgrade:P

That's awful, that means most won't max it and it will be very difficult at 4k.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@R10nu: lol please provide screens of AC 1 and crysis 1 on medium settings looking like the above clown. wow you are clueless.

Pot, meet kettle.

If you really can't see that these 2 screens are completely unremarkable, you're pretty much as clueless as they come.

Both of those games reek of cross-gen.

Ask me to prove you wrong with screenshots when you'll have an actual argument.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm still looking forward to this game.