New Vita bundle sold out @ Gamestop & Amazon #VivalaVita

• 71 results
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

I didn't even think it could happen, but it did. I went to my local Best Buy to check out the system and they said it was sold out. Decided to check online at Gamestop & Amazon and you can't even order one at the moment.

Take that, haters!! #vitacomeback

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-Vita-Bundle/dp/B00HLT0YT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399486723&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+borderlands+bundle

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/borderlands-2-limited-edition-playstation-vita-bundle/113858

#2 Edited by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

SONY is on a ROLL this gen.

#3 Edited by LustForSoul (5887 posts) -

Eww handheld shooters.

#4 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5072 posts) -

wow. npd will probably be against wiiu and vita now

both fighting for last place

#5 Edited by super600 (30720 posts) -

This wil result in a temporary bump in the vita's ltd.The vita will still struggle to sell after the bump from borderlands vita and the new SKU is done. It's good that this will increase the vita's ltd by a bit more,but it will be unsustainable. And it's best to wait until actually sales number for this Vita SKU release.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (26670 posts) -

@super600: No shit? That number can only go up lol

#7 Edited by Slashkice (13241 posts) -
@super600 said:

This wil result in a temporary bump in the vita's ltd.

You should really look over your posts before hitting 'Submit'. Just a tip.

#8 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

It's still in stock at Best Buy

#9 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3064 posts) -

@super600 said:

You think so? I think this will actually decrease it....

On topic. I ordered one online from best buy. Basically all the retailers around me are sold out because they only ordered enough to fulfill the preorders and nothing more. I guess the retailers were scared.

#10 Edited by super600 (30720 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@super600 said:

You should really look over your posts before hitting 'Submit'. Just a tip.

I will edit that post a bit.

#11 Edited by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -

You mean a stock of five systems sold out? NOOO WAAAAAY

good news, and I hope the Vita gets to selling to at least respectable levels. I want my P3V

#13 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: 5 Vitas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1,000 3DS's though. GG Nintendo, GG.

Hopefully, assuming the rumoured E3 price cut is real and decent it'll be able to at least permanently rise it's monthly sales in the West. Shouldn't be too hard considering how abysmal the numbers probably are :P

Vita will sell better. Big bro PS4 should be a big help.

#14 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Good to hear. Vita is a great system that deserves more love.

#15 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Sony good news? Time to throw some dirt on it.

#16 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11425 posts) -

I do wonder how much stock was shipped to stores, I think that's a key piece of info.

#17 Edited by 2Chalupas (5162 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

good news, and I hope the Vita gets to selling to at least respectable levels. I want my P3V

No way, they produced at least 50 of these bundles. ;)

#18 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Vita sold a pathetic 10,000 for the entire month of March in N.A. so I wouldn't put any stock in that. For comparison The PS Vita sales around 100,000 units a month in Japan now. We have no European numbers.

#19 Posted by benleslie5 (7878 posts) -

Nice to see the sales finally picking up on the Vita

#20 Posted by jake44 (2021 posts) -

Just ordered the the original model today. Was lucky and snagged it for $135. I'm pretty excited because I've wanted one for awhile now.

#21 Posted by Ghost120x (3917 posts) -

Being sold out doesn't mean nothing if the retailers got only 3 sku. Anyway I got mine today and the lcd screen looks way better in person. Compared to my oled vita the difference is unnoticeable unlike the comparison shots I seen on the net. In a way the natural look is easier on the eyes imo. I am replaying my older games right now to compare.

#22 Edited by lamprey263 (24236 posts) -

well, good for the Vita selling I guess, just wish it wasn't a bundle with Borderlands 2, I look at that game and I think it's a game built on stolen hopes, that game was funded with the money and resources Sega paid for to develop Colonial Marines, and Gearbox cheated them, and they cheated everybody who spent years looking forward to that game

#23 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

They probably stocked like 3 units.

But no, all joking aside, the Vita is a a wonderful handheld and deserves a better fate. It has a great library and I find myself constantly buying new games at a nice price.

Wait, it's like somebody already made this comment ...

@charizard1605 said:

:p

#24 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

I don't care much for the new screen they added to those PSVita's. The older LCD are better.

#25 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

Being sold out doesn't mean nothing if the retailers got only 3 sku. Anyway I got mine today and the lcd screen looks way better in person. Compared to my oled vita the difference is unnoticeable unlike the comparison shots I seen on the net. In a way the natural look is easier on the eyes imo. I am replaying my older games right now to compare.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm considering getting the new one.

#26 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@blackace said:

I don't care much for the new screen they added to those PSVita's. The older LCD are better.

Previous models didn't have lcd, it had oled.

#27 Edited by Heirren (17381 posts) -

Is the OLED model available anywhere, still? I need to hurry up and get one.

#28 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Heirren said:

It isn't hard to find, but don't wait to long. They might start jacking up the price.

#29 Edited by Heirren (17381 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Heirren said:

It isn't hard to find, but don't wait to long. They might start jacking up the price.

they have, or all the vendors on amazon have. No best buy in my area has them, nor Target or Tiger Direct. In retail in Chicago I can't seem to find one.

#30 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

I bought the bundle, BL2 is a STRUGGLE on handheld though, the VITA will be an RPG/indie/platformer/classics handheld for me.

#31 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@blackace said:

I like it, colors are more natural, great battery life so far and I can actually see it outside. Literally the only thing the OLED did better was overall brightness and color "emphasis."

#32 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@ladyblue said:

@Heirren said:

they have, or all the vendors on amazon have. No best buy in my area has them, nor Target or Tiger Direct. In retail in Chicago I can't seem to find one.

Whats the regular price for the system?

The 3g/wifi version is currently going for $250. Same price as the wifi version when it was first released.

Have you tried wall-e?

#33 Posted by lightbarOmega (9 posts) -

good. more people should experience the vita.

#34 Edited by lostrib (37791 posts) -

So it looks like it's in stock at both Gamestop and Amazon

#35 Edited by santoron (7775 posts) -

It's a sensation!!

#36 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@lostrib: back order

#37 Edited by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

So they order 4 of them and sold all of them. You know retailers got burned once by stocking up on Vitas only to have to them gather dust for years.

#38 Edited by lostrib (37791 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib: back order

Don't see any mention of that at Gamestop

And it's in stock at Best Buy as well

#39 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@xhawk27: yes I'm sure national retailers like amazon would only carry 4. Logic wins again!

#40 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@xhawk27: yes I'm sure national retailers like amazon would only carry 4. Logic wins again!

Oh lord

#41 Edited by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

It's a solid system. I prefer the older model for the screen, but the new model has advantages.

#42 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@lostrib: you have a problem or something? I find it laughable that you went it of your way to keep trolling this thread. Its on back order at gamestop. Look at the release date. Same thing with amazon , it says 8-9 days...

#43 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

Yay! I can buy Borderlands 2 on PC for 10 bucks or I can spend over 200 to play a lesser version on a tiny screen. The Vita is an awesome system, but it needs defining games that can only be played on Vita. Just playing console games on the go is excessive and unnecessary.

#44 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib: you have a problem or something? I find it laughable that you went it of your way to keep trolling this thread. Its on back order at gamestop. Look at the release date. Same thing with amazon , it says 8-9 days...

How is it trolling to let people know the system is now available for purchase, not sold out as it was early like on Amazon (only available via 3rd party resellers). And as far as I can tell it's been available from Best Buy all day for those who still want to purchase it

So do you have a problem or something?

#45 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Yay! I can buy Borderlands 2 on PC for 10 bucks or I can spend over 200 to play a lesser version on a tiny screen. The Vita is an awesome system, but it needs defining games that can only be played on Vita. Just playing console games on the go is excessive and unnecessary.

I would be interested in this slim bundle if it was a more appealing game

#46 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@lostrib: I would too. It's awesome hardware, I just don't have any interest in spending 200$ on something that primarily features ports of console games. Sony really needs to take a queue from Nintendo -- the on thing they're doing right, right now -- and offer premium games you can't get anywhere else. Sony needs its Pokemon, so to speak. With all that babble about Gamefreak's insistence Pokemon won't work on consoles, I think the main reason is that Pokemon moves so many handhelds for Nintendo, they don't want to risk cutting into that business.

The Vita needs that title, something addictive that can move millions of handhelds, and that's been what they've lacked in their handheld division so far.

#47 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib: I would too. It's awesome hardware, I just don't have any interest in spending 200$ on something that primarily features ports of console games. Sony really needs to take a queue from Nintendo -- the on thing they're doing right, right now -- and offer premium games you can't get anywhere else. Sony needs its Pokemon, so to speak. With all that babble about Gamefreak's insistence Pokemon won't work on consoles, I think the main reason is that Pokemon moves so many handhelds for Nintendo, they don't want to risk cutting into that business.

The Vita needs that title, something addictive that can move millions of handhelds, and that's been what they've lacked in their handheld division so far.

That's just plain ignorance. The Vita has more original IPs than the 3DS. Also, having multiplats is a plus, not a negative. Giving people the option to play their favorites games on the go is a plus. Or if they didn't play the game before they now have an opportunity to in a much more convenient form.

#48 Posted by finalstar2007 (25308 posts) -

I fucking bought one too! :D

#49 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

@finalstar2007: nice!

#50 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That's just plain ignorance. The Vita has more original IPs than the 3DS. Also, having multiplats is a plus, not a negative. Giving people the option to play their favorites games on the go is a plus. Or if they didn't play the game before they now have an opportunity to in a much more convenient form.

Quantity doesn't equal quality. The Vita has some great games. But if the the Vita had a must have game, it wouldn't be selling like it is. History shows that. Multiplatform games aren't a plus when you have to spend an additional 40$ on top of the original 60 to play them on your handheld. If you're playing them for the first time, why not spend less on the better version on a console you most likely already have? I doubt many people buying a Vita don't already have another console. The Vita very rarely has simultaneous releases. Borderlands 2 is no longer 40$ on consoles, why spend that on the worst looking version, when you already have a console with a much cheaper, better looking version?

If I'm being ignorant, I'm certainly not seeing it. I played a fair game when talking about the console. It's a great console. It's awesome. It does things the 3DS never will be able to do, but it's somehow not selling nearly as well. I never laid out any kind of argument of vast superiority for the 3DS. I pointed out Pokemon. Pokemon is the addictive franchise that moves millions upon millions of Nintendo handhelds. Sony doesn't have that. And pushing a handheld that simulates a lesser version of home consoles isn't going to change its fortunes. It needs not more exclusive IP, it needs defining IP. What was the defining IP of the PSP? I couldn't tell you. Many gamers (not all, not most, but many) couldn't tell you. Again, the PSP was great hardware. It was better than the DS. But it didn't have the software to move it.

I really like the Vita. Hell, I like it more than the 3DS and I'm a Nintendo enthusiast. But the console doesn't have any defining titles that make me have to own it, at least not anything I can't already play on other, more capable consoles. Promoting Borderlands 2, a game that the kind of gamers the Vita's aimed at played in 2012, is not going to give it the boost Sony wants and needs in 2014. It needs a title that says, "This is why this fucking thing exists. This is why we made a Vita. And this is why the combination of those two things will make you buy one." Sony's handhelds don't have that. If that's being ignorant, I don't know what being reasonable is. I'm playing fair ball here.