New Super Mario Bros U will be Full HD @ 1080P

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via source
#2 Posted by locopatho (20421 posts) -
Good stuff. I could understand a 3D Mario game only making 720p but really the NSMB games should easily make 1080P!
#3 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

#4 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

That's good news.

#5 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

if a game on that scale didnt run 1080p 60fps, wii u would be confirmed dead

willing to bet zelda is 720

#6 Posted by Mario1331 (8826 posts) -

old news is old

#7 Posted by ronvalencia (15176 posts) -
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via source

I run Trine PC @ 1080p @ max details on my DELL laptop.
#8 Posted by bobcheeseball (9307 posts) -
good to know
#9 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10695 posts) -

WTF!?!??!?!?! Really?!! WHY????

Now I have to try to get a Wii U at launch now. ERRRRR.... I was a little mad that the game was shown running at 720p that I used that as an excuse to NOT get the Wii U at launch.

Darn it Nintendo!

#10 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via source

Um, and? I don't get how this is relevant to a specific game that was 720p now being 1080p
#11 Posted by ermacness (7111 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via sourceronvalencia

and I'm willing to bet you that laptop didn't cost you 300 bucks either.;)

#12 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via sourceronvalencia

This laptop here?Intel Core i7-740QM, RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5730M 1GB VRAM

Sounds beastly. How many frames per second do you get in OpenOffice Calc?

Wait a second ... is that 1080P to an external display, or does that laptop's display have a native resolution of 1920x1080 at least. If it's own display is 1080P that's baws.

#13 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via sourcepsymon100

This laptop here?Intel Core i7-740QM, RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5730M 1GB VRAM

Wait a second ... is that 1080P to an external display, or does that laptop's display have a native resolution of 1920x1080 at least. If it's own display is 1080P that's baws.

Lol, nuff' said.

#14 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2090 posts) -
They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.
#15 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.T3H_1337_N1NJ4
You don't trust their official website which just launched today? That's pretty paranoid. They probably just added it.
#16 Posted by TilxWLOC (1033 posts) -

WTF!?!??!?!?! Really?!! WHY????

Now I have to try to get a Wii U at launch now. ERRRRR.... I was a little mad that the game was shown running at 720p that I used that as an excuse to NOT get the Wii U at launch.

Darn it Nintendo!

ShadowDeathX

You are joking right? It isn't entirely clear.

#17 Posted by ronvalencia (15176 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via sourcepsymon100

My DELL laptop includes Samsung built LED LCD screen @ 1080p native i.e. Sammy makes nice screens. PS; My next tablet PC would be most likely to be a Samsung.
#18 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.T3H_1337_N1NJ4
so u trust one bit of nintendo pr but not the other, good thinking
#19 Posted by Chutebox (37652 posts) -

Well ya, graphics wise it looks like a downloadable game on current gen systems.

#20 Posted by Wiimotefan (4094 posts) -

[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.Cherokee_Jack

Yeah, there's that and there is also the fact that this game doesn't require a full 3d environment to be rendered.

Get it together leet ninja:x

#21 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2090 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.Wiimotefan

Yeah, there's that and there is also the fact that this game doesn't require a full 3d environment to be rendered.

Yeah, I am being a bit paranoid. But I've seen many places saying the games were in 720p (for example), so a sudden marketing text in the site is kinda hard to believe. But hey, if it's true all the better!

#22 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

My DELL laptop includes Samsung built LED LCD screen @ 1080p native i.e. Sammy makes nice screens. PS; My next tablet PC would be most likely to be a Samsung.ronvalencia

Impressive.

Can it output to two external monitors simultaneously then EyeFinity across all 3 displays?

#23 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7315 posts) -

Sounds impressive to me

#24 Posted by Wiimotefan (4094 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] so u trust one bit of nintendo pr but not the other, good thinkingT3H_1337_N1NJ4

Yeah, I am being a bit paranoid. But I've seen many places saying the games were in 720p (for example), so a sudden marketing text in the site is kinda hard to believe. But hey, if it's true all the better!

Well I guess we cant say for sure at the moment, but I think its a pretty safe bet that this game will be 1080p. If they cant run a game like this at that resolution I'd be surprised.

#25 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -
[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.Cherokee_Jack

We have direct feed shots that are natively 720p of every nintendo launch window game. They could just be talking about upscaling the native image, but we'll find out for sure in the coming weeks.
#26 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
i damn well better. its a next gen console
#27 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.MFDOOM1983

We have direct feed shots that are natively 720p of every nintendo launch window game. They could just be talking about upscaling the native image, but we'll find out for sure in the coming weeks.

the system isnt out, who knows if they are even running on wii u

and they could have shot for 720 at first but then discovered they could squeeze out 1080

#28 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] so u trust one bit of nintendo pr but not the other, good thinkingCherokee_Jack

I thought reports stated that the dev kits were finalized back in may/june. :?

#29 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -
"and they could have shot for 720 at first but then discovered they could squeeze out 1080" That can be a possibility, but until we get 1080p direct feed shots, i'll go off the ones we have now.
#30 Posted by TilxWLOC (1033 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

MFDOOM1983

I thought reports stated that the dev kits were finalized back in may/june. :?

They were still just demos.

#31 Posted by ronvalencia (15176 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]My DELL laptop includes Samsung built LED LCD screen @ 1080p native i.e. Sammy makes nice screens. PS; My next tablet PC would be most likely to be a Samsung.psymon100

Impressive.

Can it output to two external monitors simultaneously then EyeFinity across all 3 displays?

It can drive 1 DP (Display Port), 1 HDMI and 1 built-in via EyeFinity.

5730M doesn't have enough power to drive 2 or 3 monitors with console game ports i.e. the laptop is designed for productivity software e.g. Adobe Photoshop i.e. it's RGB LED LCD has one of best color range screen in the market (as of 2010).

I plan to replace it with Intel Core i7 ULV Haswell tablet PC or a laptop PC with AMD GCN based GPU i.e. it's 2 year warranty and income tax return (credits) is already gone.

#32 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] I run Trine PC @ 1080p @ max details on my DELL laptop.ronvalencia

My DELL laptop includes Samsung built LED LCD screen @ 1080p native i.e. Sammy makes nice screens. PS; My next tablet PC would be most likely to be a Samsung.

Can you please tell me why you're talking about your PC in a thread about a launch Wii U game running at 1080p. That's good and all for you but nothing in my OP is even relating to PC versions of Trine 2, etc. And to be fair Trine 2 is 1080p @ 60fps on Wii U so,.... I'm not sure how that was relevant to begin with. Now, I'm sure the Wii U version still won't be as pretty as the PC version and won't be the same as high settings, but I'm just saying it was a bit of a poor choice to make an example of whatever it is you're trying to say It seems very off topic. No one was boasting about the Wii U's hardware, saying it was better than PC, anything. Just stating a game that was 720p is now 1080p.
#33 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]They had said previously, quite a lot of times, that all first party games (at least this first wave) were 720p. So excuse me if I don't completely trust that bit of marketing text.MFDOOM1983

Maybe, and let me go out on a limb here, they changed the game as they finished developing it. I know, crazy idea but I dunno man maybe they just didn't have a solid 1080 build working and weren't sure if it would make release but figured it out Not trying to be too rude, and they COULD mean upscaling but it isn't that outrageous to think they actually improved their product before release.
#34 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
hopefully it is native 1080p...but its probably just 360 "1080p"
#35 Posted by charizard1605 (58961 posts) -
Nice. 1080p Mario, it's finally happening...
#36 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Sorrybonesawisready5. I just really wanted to ask Ron about his laptop, he was just responding to me.

#37 Posted by MK-Professor (3841 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Surprising since the game had been shown in 720p at all events but Nintendo just revealed on the game's website that it will be 1080p. The site says "Experience Mario like never before in full 1080p HD, only on the Wii U console!" Surpise indeed. Sorry if old. From Nintendo via sourceermacness

you bet correct, since his laptop come with a 1080p monitor, battery, can do a million things more and also play games better. On the other hand the cheaper wii U can ONLY play games miserably ;)

#38 Posted by Zubinen (2856 posts) -
First the announcement of a big upcoming Space Sim, and now Smash Bros U. If it can get any better my heart will explode from joy :o
#39 Posted by Epak_ (6810 posts) -

hopefully it is native 1080p...but its probably just 360 "1080p"campzor

Upscaled resolutions should never be mixed with native resolutions. This gen has really messed with peoples minds: "Oh but my TV said the rez was 1080p!"

I wonder what held Nintendo back when they couldn't push NSMBU into full HD from the get go. Complex physics? :P

#40 Posted by Zubinen (2856 posts) -

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] I run Trine PC @ 1080p @ max details on my DELL laptop.MK-Professor

you bet correct, since his laptop come with a 1080p monitor, battery, can do a million things more and also play games better. On the other hand the cheaper wii U can ONLY play games miserably ;)

Sure PCs will run the games at 2-4x the framerates while also looking better but Nintendo first party is all about (unmatched) polish and releasing the best experience possible within the hardware limitations, it's not like we're talking about MP focused shooting games which clearly are better on mouse+kb and at 1080p120fps, while games like Killzone 3, Halo: Reach, etc. and even fighting games like Street Fighter and Blazblue(both are on PC and in fact Blazblue has cross platform play between X360 and PC) can be found on PC, you don't quite see games like Smash Bros U on PC, or on other consoles for that matter. I'd consider myself an adept FPS and RTS gamer and for MP a controller, low framerates, motion blur is all of course laughable but I'm looking forward to Smash Bros U and have no qualms, after all games with 2D movement tend to play well on controllers and the hardware limitations generally don't affect such games in terms of visibility(a massive issue with console shooters, along with controller input lag, motion blur, low fov, etc).
#41 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Expect Pikmin 3 to be in 1080p as well.

#42 Posted by silversix_ (15007 posts) -
2D, simplistic graphics, nothing that looks next gen. 1080p should've been announced the same day the game was.
#43 Posted by MK-Professor (3841 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]and I'm willing to bet you that laptop didn't cost you 300 bucks either.;)

Zubinen

Sure PCs will run the games at 2-4x the framerates while also looking better but Nintendo first party is all about (unmatched) polish and releasing the best experience possible within the hardware limitations, it's not like we're talking about MP focused shooting games which clearly are better on mouse+kb and at 1080p120fps, while games like Killzone 3, Halo: Reach, etc. and even fighting games like Street Fighter and Blazblue(both are on PC and in fact Blazblue has cross platform play between X360 and PC) can be found on PC, you don't quite see games like Smash Bros U on PC, or on other consoles for that matter. I'd consider myself an adept FPS and RTS gamer and for MP a controller, low framerates, motion blur is all of course laughable but I'm looking forward to Smash Bros U and have no qualms, after all games with 2D movement tend to play well on controllers and the hardware limitations generally don't affect such games in terms of visibility(a massive issue with console shooters, along with controller input lag, motion blur, low fov, etc).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkroLroovM8 as you can see you can play wii exclusives on pc in 1080p the same will happened again.

"(unmatched) polish and releasing the best experience possible" this is just your opinion, not a fact

#45 Posted by Zubinen (2856 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkroLroovM8 as you can see you can play wii exclusives on pc in 1080p the same will happened again.

"(unmatched) polish and releasing the best experience possible" this is just your opinion, not a fact

MK-Professor
I actually prefer this link when I'm posting something Nintendo related on the PC & Mac Games forum since it shows how a little bit of AA/AF at 1080p native(nothing the Wii or even PS3/X360 support) can be look great with clean art direction(as opposed to say brown shooters of today) despite the low level of technical graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkroLroovM8&hd=1&t=2m41s Also as far as I'm aware there's nothing that compares to Nintendo's EAD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Analysis_and_Development feel free to correct me if that's not the case. Notice I never said anything about buying the Wii U, feel free to rationalize why you won't purchase the Wii U(it's entirely possible that a PC gamer has no need for a console especially MS/Sony consoles which mostly just offer watered down experiences that can be found on PC with the exception of some 2D movement games such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2[which will be on the Wii U]), as far as I'm concerned Smash Bros U is a $410(350 + 60) game :P
#46 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -

Sorrybonesawisready5. I just really wanted to ask Ron about his laptop, he was just responding to me.

psymon100
It's cool, I guess I was just easily confused
#47 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4733 posts) -

Upscaled to 1080p

#48 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17941 posts) -
Oh boy...now we can see those horrible sprites in HD.
#49 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

It will be pretty crappy of Nintendo if it wasnt.

#50 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9852 posts) -
Oh boy...now we can see those horrible sprites in HD.Bread_or_Decide
you don't like bouncy castles and jumping on cakes?