New sales numbers in... HOLY SMOKES!... Vita has FLOPPED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Just to compare

3DS first 3 week

3DS | 374.764

3DS | 209.623

3DS | 96.463

Playstation Vita

PSV | 324.859

PSV | 72,479

ShuichiChamp24
So people were saying Nintendo had a bad launch in terms of sales but the Vita is dropping at a far faster rate.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#202 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
[QUOTE="xmasdrink"]Sony is doomed and I'm not being sarcastic. They can't drop the price because they're already losing. No big games coming. Their entire business is doing terribly financially. These sales are truly abysmal... and to think Japan was PSPs strongest territory.

troll account is still a troll account. You may be right, or you may be wrong. We'll know in a year or two.
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]

Just to compare

3DS first 3 week

3DS | 374.764

3DS | 209.623

3DS | 96.463

Playstation Vita

PSV | 324.859

PSV | 72,479

SuperFlakeman

Looks like we saw a similar drop in the 3DS' 3rd week (though to a much lesser extent).

Could be due to the release window being just before Christmas, but who knows.

3DS released in March, right after Pokemon B/W for DS.

Vita released in December, but it had to go up against bigger competition.

The 3DS was released in February (we're talking about Japan here), and while there was bigger competition stacked up against the Vita, there was also a surge of holiday buyers which helped even things out.

And, the Vita has a "better launch lineup."

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#204 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I can't believe Sony still thinks its a good idea to make handhelds. chaoz-king
Are you saying handheld devices are bad?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#205 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoz-king"]I can't believe Sony still thinks its a good idea to make handhelds. Coolyfett

Hey, I have a question. If I remember right, you really love Monster Hunter, right? Will you be buying a 3DS for Monster Hunter now?
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#206 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I expected the Vita sales to be better then that honestly. If it is not selling so hot in Japan then I expect it to have a worse start in the West.

Grnated it is early so no I don't think the PSV is doomed. :P

Oh and Kirby seems to be selling well in Japan.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoz-king"]I can't believe Sony still thinks its a good idea to make handhelds. Coolyfett

No. He's saying that Sony lost the first time, why lose again?

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
So, let me get this straight Vita's first 2 days (320k) plus next 7 days (72k) for a total of 9 days for 390k units sold (out of an estimated 500k shipped), were outsold in each week by the 3DS (367k last week, and 480k this week) The NPD results in March and so on are going to be even worse for the PSV.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="lowkey254"][QUOTE="xmasdrink"]Sony is doomed and I'm not being sarcastic. They can't drop the price because they're already losing. No big games coming. Their entire business is doing terribly financially. These sales are truly abysmal... and to think Japan was PSPs strongest territory.

troll account is still a troll account. You may be right, or you may be wrong. We'll know in a year or two.

Sounds like an honest opinion, even if its a bit dramatic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, be it an intellectual one or not. Doesn't make them trolls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Btw, handheld devices are NOT dead, the 3DS seems to be doing great, in case you aren't noticing, and that is more of a dedicated handheld than the Vita is (at least the Vita does all that extra stuff as well)... WTF is Sony doing wrong with the Vita, I wonder?
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

The 3DS was released in February (we're talking about Japan here), and while there was bigger competition stacked up against the Vita, there was also a surge of holiday buyers which helped even things out.

And, the Vita has a "better launch lineup."

peterw007

Yeah I mixed up the NA/EU 3DS release with Japan there lol, nothing to see here!

That's the point I was making, they sort of even out so no console has any advantage over the other. Better lineup = 3D effect. etc. etc.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Apparently, in the first 2-day sales it managed 312,407 units in Japan.

lundy86_4
Thats no shocker, they only buy Japanese products and shun anything from other countries... I call racism. lol
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Btw, handheld devices are NOT dead, the 3DS seems to be doing great, in case you aren't noticing, and that is more of a dedicated handheld than the Vita is (at least the Vita does all that extra stuff as well)... WTF is Sony doing wrong with the Vita, I wonder?

Price and games ppl aren't sure they want to play on a handheld.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Phazevariance

Thats no shocker, they only buy Japanese products and shun anything from other countries... I call racism. lol

Apple

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Phazevariance

Just like how your average American refuses to touch Anime / Manga / JRPGs?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Phazevariance

Haha, come on now :P

They buy Apple products in spades.

xmasdrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 xmasdrink
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Poor early sales but the 3DS had a bad start and look at it flying now, I hope things improve form here on though.fabz_95
3DS had a much better start thabn this... these sales are just dead console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

As long as the PSV was not predicted to sell 3 million units in a month, everything is ok. Thankfully the Vita didnt have to hit a 3 million unit in a month quota.

Coolyfett
Neither was any other system. Face it Coolyfett, you were wrong. Man up and admit it.
NJGIANTSNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 NJGIANTSNY
Member since 2011 • 291 Posts
vita sales are doing fine, its only japan nothin really to see. America is what counts. 3ds gets that market then the Vita is in trouble. nothing more then 3ds fans trying to justify there purchase of half thought out hardware.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Thing is Sony will not be able to do such a huge price drop like Nintendo did with the 3DS. Nintendo overpriced it making a big profit on each unit sold. Doing that big price drop turned that into a loss but it's likely that it's a small one considering the "way above" starting price. Sony's already losing money with their aggressive launch price, it would turn a loss into a huge one with such a radical price drop. I just don't see that happening at all, I don't think they can afford that like Nintendo could.

And let's say they still do it, what's the point if you have no big system sellers announced for your system. The only one I can think of that has a chance of doing decent numbers and sell some systems is Persona 4: Golden, an enhanced PS2 port. Even before it launched, 3DS had games like Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts...etc already announced for it.

What Sony need more than a price drop(even tho they might need that too, however small it is) is some killer apps and right now there's not much of it. Monster Hunter would've been ideal but if Nintendo has a strong grasp on that, then maybe Sony should give Sega a call and ask them how their next Phantasy Star is doing, if it's coming on Vita and how can they help. Phantasy Star was a pretty big success for the PSP so if they can't get a hold of MH then that's the next one Sony should be eyeing imo.

Right now, Sony need a big system seller or atleast announce that some are coming. They need that badly to keep interest for current and future Vita owners. It's even more important considering that Q1 and the beginning of Q2 is looking mighty fine for the 3DS and they still have some big IPs that we already know of coming after that(Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Pokemon...etc).

It's an uphill battle for Sony but I hope they come through. I don't think Nintendo would've even thought of doing such a price drop and would've been much less in a hurry to start giving us big games if it wasn't for an aggressive competitor. Nintendo is at their best when under pressure so I hope Sony bounces back quickly.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#223 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="NJGIANTSNY"]vita sales are doing fine, its only japan nothin really to see. America is what counts. 3ds gets that market then the Vita is in trouble. nothing more then 3ds fans trying to justify there purchase of half thought out hardware.

Not for Sony it does not. The PSP has sold better in Japan than it has in the US.
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#224 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

I think its because the PS Vita sounded great in theory when it was announced. Then Sony opened there damn stupid mouths. I can get a 16GB SD Card for around £12, What are sony charging in the UK I wonder...£45....:/ Restricted to one account, etc. Consumers may get over one gaping flaw if they love the company and system, but sony just made too many mistakes. Still, it hasn't launched in NA or Europe yet.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#225 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I like the other topic better.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="NJGIANTSNY"]vita sales are doing fine, its only japan nothin really to see. America is what counts. 3ds gets that market then the Vita is in trouble. nothing more then 3ds fans trying to justify there purchase of half thought out hardware.

Not for Sony it does not. The PSP has sold better in Japan than it has in the US.

For it size japan does better but us has sold more overall which is all a companys cares about end result
NJGIANTSNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 NJGIANTSNY
Member since 2011 • 291 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="NJGIANTSNY"]vita sales are doing fine, its only japan nothin really to see. America is what counts. 3ds gets that market then the Vita is in trouble. nothing more then 3ds fans trying to justify there purchase of half thought out hardware.

new gen of handhelds. nothing is a carry over from gen to gen its all a wait n see. the 3ds in america is not blowing the doors off in sales n needed a massive price drop cuz it was running scared of the vita looming. you would think people would get tired of playing the same games over n over by nintendo. all there games are 1 kiddie 2 been done for 25 years running. the line has already been drawn anyway the 3ds is for causals n the psvita is for the core gamer.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Holy Smokes! It's that insecure loser Abonsabo....in his 33547856th account! :lol:

1. xmasdrink
  2. rulerofgondor
  3. forzagearface
  4. healseal
  5. stickapple1
  6. x-dragonslayer
  7. Abonsabo

and still counting....

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Dear Sony,

You are dumbasses.

- 3 hour battery

- High price

- 3d (nobody wants 3d, ok, get this fact thru your stupid brains)

- Launch titles (people want cutesy bootsy stuff like Pokemon, nobody wants to play Uncharted on a subway. You morons.)

Thank you

LazySloth718
I don't understand your 3D comment. We are talking about the Vita, not the 3DS.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#230 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Holy Smokes! It's that insecure loser Abonsabo....in his 33547856th account! :lol:

1. xmasdrink
  2. rulerofgondor
  3. forzagearface
  4. healseal
  5. stickapple1
  6. x-dragonslayer
  7. Abonsabo

and still counting....

M8ingSeezun

Nice Avatar...who is this disruptive member you all speak of?

xmasdrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 xmasdrink
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Terrible portable from a terrible company.
kyomagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 kyomagi
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

xmasdrink

Trollololololol

Vita and the 3ds will dominate the console market. watch

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Konami really needs to greenlight Castlevania 3DS, like right now.

SuperFlakeman
Amen, brother.
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy one right now, but I liked my psp3000 enough, and the vita looks like a pretty cool piece of hardware. Maybe wait for a price drop or a new model. I don't know why everyone has this hate on for this thing. Seems like it is pretty cool. But hey its system wars, so SALES = EVERYTHING
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

>.> How bout we wait? mrmusicman247

This is about week two (first month) sales of a new device. There are some people who will not wait and they will (largely)sensationalize these failures to meet a comparitive statistic at the first opportunity (when official or semi-official figures come in).

The 3DS was beaten by the PSP in both hardware and software sales and during that period, people compared the sales. Now, people are comparing sales of the PS Vita. The only difference is that the people that are behind the concept of the 3DS are not only based in US/EU (and can therefore communicate directly in english) but, they are a new and uprising community of people. The iOS and Android (mobile gaming) and social gaming (browser based) community also are doing the same with comparing their sales figures and financial worth against Nintendo and Sony's handhelds.

If and when the PS Vita out does another handheld, mobile, etc business competitor, people will champion the device as an underdog that has won something.

Very sickening but, it is already happening with the 3DS. People come across as forming a strange attatchment in the way they create these topics or write an highly emotional comment (acting as if they where the underdog).

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I bet this will delay ps4 by couple years which SUCKS.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Terrible portable from a terrible company.xmasdrink
Ignorant stupid ass comment from and ignorant stupid ass person. See what I did there.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#238 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Are you abonsabo TC?It will sell better like the 3DS eventually.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#239 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="M8ingSeezun"]

1. xmasdrink
  2. rulerofgondor
  3. forzagearface
  4. healseal
  5. stickapple1
  6. x-dragonslayer
  7. Abonsabo

and still counting....

Coolyfett

Nice Avatar...who is this disruptive member you all speak of?

He's some really annoying sony hating and skyrim loving spammer.His original account name was abonsabo and he's been spamming his junk threads for weeks. I was happy when he retired right before the christmas holidays, but he's know back.Trust me you're lucky you didn't have to see all the threads he has created.A couple of those users in that list are nothim.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#240 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

This is quite funny after all the flak that the 3DS got.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I bet this will delay ps4 by couple years which SUCKS.silversix_

If PS Vita bombs hard, we probably won't see a PS4, period.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]I bet this will delay ps4 by couple years which SUCKS.garland51

Just months ago, people were claiming 3DS is the next virtual boy and nintendo will start being a third party dev soon. lolz
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="silversix_"]I bet this will delay ps4 by couple years which SUCKS.garland51

It would not be shocking. The PS3 is WAY into the red and if the Vita does the same then that is bad news for Sony. The PS3 was bleeding money left and right almost the entire gen with the psp never being the monster Sony hoped for. If the Vita bombs hard then Sony has to be really worried. Seeing the Vita drop so much in just the second week in the handheld capital Japan of all places has to really worry Sony.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]I bet this will delay ps4 by couple years which SUCKS.lordlors

Just months ago, people were claiming 3DS is the next virtual boy and nintendo will start being a third party dev soon. lolz

And with all that talk the 3ds was still doing better then what the Vita is doing. So if the 3ds looked so dismal then what does it say about the Vita. Sony will not be able to drop the price like Nintendo did just for the pure fact Sony needs money. The company of Sony not just the gaming division is hurting. They have had like 4 years in a row posting a company loss.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="garland51"]

CanYouDiglt

And with all that talk the 3ds was still doing better then what the Vita is doing. So if the 3ds looked so dismal then what does it say about the Vita. Sony will not be able to drop the price like Nintendo did just for the pure fact Sony needs money. The company of Sony not just the gaming division is hurting. They have had like 4 years in a row posting a company loss.

I agree. Sony lowering the price of the PS Vita to something like $150 to $170 will make them bleed even tons more money, & they really can't afford to do that. It can possibly cripple Sony as a whole, & they know it.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
it hasn't released in europe yet, give it a chance guys, seriously.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#248 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.percech

It wouldn't be the first.

ngage

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#249 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

This is quite funny after all the flak that the 3DS got.

GreySeal9

The difference is that the 3DS got flak for its awful lineup. That was not blown out of proportion. This is. These are early sales and they will obviously improve over time. Anybody dooming the 3DS because of its sales might have been blowing things out of proportion, but the 3DS desereved every bit of hate it got for its awful lineup. The 3DS had an absolutely awful launch and the months that followed it were just as bad. Even now it has barely any games worth playing. The Vita? Best launch lineup since the Dreamcast, and that's only the Japan launch which has fewer titles than when it launches in the rest of the world. There's plenty of big hitters left for the rest of 2012 too. Once the system gets a really good library of games the sales will improve.

The important thing is that the system has plenty of great games coming soon. That it does. Cant really say the same for the 3DS. And yes I do have a 3DS, and yes I regret buying this piece of trash.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]I'm telling you. They should have made it a phone/gaming handheld. It would have been the first.madsnakehhh

It wouldn't be the first.

ngage

i still have an N-Gage they are awesome for things i am not allowed to talk about on here,lol