New sales numbers in... HOLY SMOKES!... Vita has FLOPPED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xmasdrink (10 posts) -
http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20111228008/ 3DS 482200 PSP 101121 Wii 91176 PS3 75943 Vita 72479 DSi LL 8,470 DSi 5,894 Xbox 360 4,245 PS2 1,582 DS Lite 32 1. Mario Kart 7 - 260,836/1,050,706 2. Mosou Orochi 2 - 200,526/200,526 - New 3. Super Mario 3D Land - 174,566/1,011,709 4. Monster Hunter Tri G (all versions) - 155,069/885,456 5. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (all versions) - 118,816/643,033 6. Kirby's Return to Dream Land - 114,545/513,061 7. Just Dance Wii - 96,771/420,064 8. SD Gundam G-Generation 3D - 90,873/90,873 - New 9. Inazuma Eleven Go - 86,026/221,285 10. Inazuma Eleven Striker 2012 - 85,117/85,117 - New
#2 Posted by xmasdrink (10 posts) -
Sony is doomed and I'm not being sarcastic. They can't drop the price because they're already losing. No big games coming. Their entire business is doing terribly financially. These sales are truly abysmal... and to think Japan was PSPs strongest territory.
#3 Posted by Heil68 (42724 posts) -
I think Sony should discontinue Vita and cut their losses.
#4 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

"Buh.. buh.. the launch lineup :cry:"

#5 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7450 posts) -
It's a shame that the PS Vita isn't doing as well as expected. Sony doesn't have a Mario / Zelda etc... and they already let Nintendo get to Monster Hunter first. They have an uphill battle that's for sure but I'm still going to get one and enjoy it.
#6 Posted by Bladex2k (2752 posts) -

the should have left the handheld market after the psp. oh well let shope they learn and stick to consoles. this day in age with smartphones handheld systems are doomed

#7 Posted by xmasdrink (10 posts) -
Where are all the Sony fans that claimed it would do better in its second week because its launch week was only 2 days long. Sony RIP
#8 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7450 posts) -
"Buh.. buh.. the launch lineup :cry:"waltefmoney
The launch line-up is good but it's not going to beat 2 Mario games, Monster Hunter and a cheaper 3DS in Japan. Anyone who thought that were kidding themselves.
#9 Posted by RyviusARC (4118 posts) -
Wow the PSP outsold the Vita. Maybe it's because it is too pricey especially the memory cards.
#10 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

Damn. This is sad news for gaming as a whole :(

And it's not as if Vita had no games. Reminds me of the Dreamcast.

#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
wow.. not a single title in the top 20
#12 Posted by LazySloth718 (2332 posts) -

Dear Sony,

You are dumbasses.

- 3 hour battery

- High price

- 3d (nobody wants 3d, ok, get this fact thru your stupid brains)

- Launch titles (people want cutesy bootsy stuff like Pokemon, nobody wants to play Uncharted on a subway. You morons.)

Thank you

#13 Posted by xmasdrink (10 posts) -

nitekids2004
Vitas games are terrible compared to DC. DC did very well at first too... it didn;t bombi in its second week.
#14 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7450 posts) -
Wow the PSP outsold the Vita. Maybe it's because it is too pricey especially the memory cards.RyviusARC
Yeah, if Sony were going to overprice the memory cards that shouldn't have made them mandatory for some games to be played, that was insanely stupid. The U.S. probably will be the same and Europe too. I know Europe loves Sony systems but I dunno we'll see.
#15 Posted by madsnakehhh (13977 posts) -

Troll thread, abonsabo bla bla bla, whatever.

With that being said, this are indeed slow numbers for Vita, but just like the 3DS i think is fair to give it more time, it win't stop abonsabo from making more threads but in the real world the Vita is far from doom.

And just for SW sake...where are you AtariKid :P

#16 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17567 posts) -
>.> How bout we wait?
#17 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2845 posts) -
Is this from that Japanese Kotaku or whoever does the official sales tracking, or is this site like vgcharts? it is pretty poor if this is official, Japan is handheld central and the PSP outsold it. I think the price is too high, sure it offers more than the 3DS but people don't care, they expect a certain price point and stick to it. Like the PS3 was losing money when launched, so it wasn't a rip off at all but still it did badly until the price dropped. I think Nintendo taking the measures they did by dropping the price fast worked well for Nintendo.
#18 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

xmasdrink

Vitas games are terrible compared to DC. DC did very well at first too... it didn;t bombi in its second week.

Well, I mean you gotta put it in perspective. The Vita's lineup is great. No killer app and all but still far from mediocre.

Still, sales are lower than PS3 and PSP? WTF?

I don't get it really.

#19 Posted by Chutebox (36227 posts) -

Dear Sony,

You are dumbasses.

- 3 hour battery

- High price

- 3d (nobody wants 3d, ok, get this fact thru your stupid brains)

- Launch titles (people want cutesy bootsy stuff like Pokemon, nobody wants to play Uncharted on a subway. You morons.)

Thank you

LazySloth718
It doeant do 3d.
#20 Posted by Nike_Air (18263 posts) -

Playstation Family beats Wii60 once again.

#21 Posted by Mavlow (223 posts) -
The stupid ps vita memory cards really pissed people off IMO...heck everyone has a sd or micro sd laying around...I am a big sony fan but they are getting what they deserve here... The vita...a card...and 1 game = $310... that's crazy Call me when it's 199 and there is a micro sd adapter and then I'll buy in
#22 Posted by Wanderer5 (25645 posts) -

Oh man that sad. I hope it will pick up some steam soon but I sure it will once some more big hits for it comes out. Great numbers for the 3DS through.:D And nice Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land hit platinum over there.:)

#23 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.
#24 Posted by foxhound_fox (86981 posts) -
How long have I been saying the Vita would flop?
#25 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7263 posts) -
lol holy cow that is bad. It is its second week only and already in 5th place sales wise and in Japan where handhelds sell the most.
#26 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
u people forgetting from 3ds 3rd week it was getting 96k...then 60 k...then 50k......then 40k... I suppose its ownly fair to have vita is doomed posts for payback...but its going to do fine.
#27 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9297 posts) -
this is actually pretty sad... why? SONY did everything right tho..... I guess people dont want to pay $250-$300 for something that will get a revision in 2 years and it will be cheaper
#28 Posted by fueled-system (6229 posts) -
Are people shocked? I don't trust Sony to give me a good lineup of titles AFTER THE FIRST YEAR like the psp with its lack of support
#29 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16139 posts) -

Wow the PSP outsold the Vita. Maybe it's because it is too pricey especially the memory cards.RyviusARC

Hidden costs like that are never a good idea.

The PSVita doesn't cost 250 it costs 280 at least (if you want to play games that is)

#30 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -
Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.meconate
The 3DS is doing very well, actually.
#31 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Playstation Family beats Wii60 once again.

Nike_Air

Still with the PlayStation Family BS :lol:

Admit defeat you coward.

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"]Wow the PSP outsold the Vita. Maybe it's because it is too pricey especially the memory cards.R4gn4r0k

Hidden costs like that are never a good idea.

The PSVita doesn't cost 250 it costs 280 at least (if you want to play games that is)

It worked for Microsoft with the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.

#33 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22108 posts) -

give it more time guys, once it gets some good titles, it will get more sale. It took awhile for the 3ds to catch on afteall. You people are making your self look bad calling the vita flopping when it stil early on.

#34 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -
This is a bomba of epic proportions.
#35 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -
This is a bit unfair for Sony and Vita isn't it? Like Nintendo and the 3DS, give it time.
#36 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
[QUOTE="meconate"]Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.PurpleMan5000

I laughed. Tell that to the thousands trading them back in due to the pathetic battery life and eye-straining 3D that the majority just turn off anyway. Another useless feature.
#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16139 posts) -

give it more time guys, once it gets some good titles, it will get more sale. It took awhile for the 3ds to catch on afteall. You people are making your self look bad calling the vita flopping when it stil early on.

TheShadowLord07

But jumping to conclusions is way more fun than having to wait :(

#38 Posted by rasengan2552 (4867 posts) -

o ... my ... god.

#39 Posted by fueled-system (6229 posts) -
Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.meconate
the gold mine that is the ios says hi
#40 Posted by Shinobi120 (5569 posts) -

Uh oh...it's just as I predicted. Sony's going to have to pull a Nintendo with the 3DS & lower the price of the Vita if it wants to survive.

#41 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="meconate"]Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.meconate

I laughed. Tell that to the thousands trading them back in due to the pathetic battery life and eye-straining 3D that the majority just turn off anyway. Another useless feature.

I think the millions buying the system every month would dispute that.
#42 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -
[QUOTE="meconate"]Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.fueled-system
the gold mine that is the ios says hi

3DS is flopping, yet it's at the top of the sales charts. I'm sure Sony is dying for that level of flop.
#43 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
Unfortunately, sony doesn't have room for a massive price drop(already taking a loss) or the system sellers nintendo does. I doubt it'll reach half of psp's LTD sales.
#44 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="meconate"]Both the 3DS and Vita have done terribly for the next gen of gaming. Hideo Kojima said portable gaming is the future, he'll be eating his words once again.meconate

What system doesn't have thousands of people trading them back in? What does that have to do with the 3DS selling very well?
#45 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2845 posts) -

thousands trading them back? sure. 482,000 sales in a week the 3DS must really have some awful press right now to sell that poorly...
#46 Posted by ycdeo (2526 posts) -
no, but people with more money still buys vita. so its just money issue.
#47 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22108 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

R4gn4r0k

But jumping to conclusions is way more fun than having to wait :(

and in the end, all it does is make you look like an idiot. it happen to cows, its already going to happen to sheep

#48 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3796 posts) -

I'm not always one of Sonys biggest fans and always said the Vita was out of my price range for a handheld. But isn't it early days? Didn't they say they sold all the pre-orders? Maybe there aren't any left right now.

I don't see Vita flopping in the long run.

#49 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2520 posts) -

These Vita numbers are going to be gross once January starts.

#50 Posted by Giancar (19032 posts) -

Geez now to read for 6 months the same troll threads like the 3ds got :?

Hopefully by then Abonsabo gets tired of doing this, it´s not even funny anymore.