New ps4 launch game: need for speed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3987 posts) -
#2 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

I'll be getting Rivals day 1, cannot wait.

#3 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3987 posts) -

@_Matt_: ea must have seen that gold after driveclub delay

#4 Posted by Telekill (4431 posts) -

I really liked Hot Pursuit and this looks like the spiritual successor to that but with Ferarri back in the mix. I'm asking for this one for Christmas for PS4.

#5 Posted by Shewgenja (8519 posts) -

Watch it sell more than Titanfall.

#6 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@_Matt_: ea must have seen that gold after driveclub delay

I think they were aiming for launch release day anyway, but yeah,now it has no competition on PS4 will likely sell fairly well.

#7 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

You mean Forza?

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (8519 posts) -
#9 Edited by Wasdie (49655 posts) -

So it is going to make it for launch afterall. Excellent.

#10 Posted by Chutebox (36761 posts) -

Hopefully they are not rushing just because of DC's delay

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (39405 posts) -

Haven't played a NFS game in a looooooong time, and I don't see that changing.

#12 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Shewgenja said:

You mean Forza?

Why aim that low?

Titanfall is multiplat and is gonna sell way more than Need for Speed

#13 Posted by IgGy621985 (4659 posts) -

I still couldn't care less about NFS, unless they make another Underground game.

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7115 posts) -

Wasn't interested in the game. Then I found out it is going to be a lot like Hot Pursuit.

Now I'm interested.

#15 Edited by Chutebox (36761 posts) -
#16 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Not a big racing fan, but there are two series I actually like. Gran Turismo and Need For Speed. I will probably get it for PC.

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

Won't touch Need for Speed unless it's as good as Need for Speed Underground again

#18 Edited by Basinboy (11071 posts) -

Well played EA

Hopefully Rivals ends up being a good game, because it's a wise financial move to make for its publisher

#19 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Hopefully they are not rushing just because of DC's delay

It's coming out 1 week earlier.

#20 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Watch me still enjoy the game regardless of sales

#21 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Won't touch Need for Speed unless it's as good as Need for Speed Underground again

I would punch a poor defenseless baby seal just to play another NFS Underground game

#22 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

EA trying to capitalize on DriveClubs delay and PS4's popularity, i see what they did there

#23 Posted by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

I would punch a poor defenseless baby seal just to play another NFS Underground game

Right? Jesus Christ, how EA can just sit on an IP with the sheer amount of critical and capital cachet as NFS Underground and not do anything with it boggles my mind.

#24 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

Right? Jesus Christ, how EA can just sit on an IP with the sheer amount of critical and capital cachet as NFS Underground and not do anything with it boggles my mind.

I loved the ps2 Most Wanted but nothing truly compares to Underground 1 & 2.

#25 Edited by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Sony got scared to release Driveclub against Forza. Can't blame them.

#26 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7115 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

Just play Midnight Club Los Angeles. EXACTLY like the underground games in every way.

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

I found Most Wanted to be a step back from the sheer awesomeness of the Underground games. Nothing compares to their atmosphere.

#28 Edited by Heil68 (43603 posts) -

More games than ever, Sony taking care of us gamers like always. Thank you Sony.

#29 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

From what I've heard, and this could be entirely false, but I heard that because the "tuner" culture has died out, they fear the sales would be poor.

#30 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@charizard1605 said:

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

I found Most Wanted to be a step back from the sheer awesomeness of the Underground games. Nothing compares to their atmosphere.

But honestly. If they just created an Underground + Original Most wanted mix. Like the atmosphere and tuner culture of Underground, with the openness and customization of Underground 2 and the Cops and cool story of Most Wanted.

#31 Posted by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

From what I've heard, and this could be entirely false, but I heard that because the "tuner" culture has died out, they fear the sales would be poor.

I mean, it's not like they were actually selling the games to people from the 'tuner culture.' The games sold more than 10 million copies, everyone loved them.

If that's the reason, it's pretty damn stupid.

Then again, this is the company that won't give us a new Road Rash.

#32 Posted by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StriateEnd said:

@charizard1605 said:

@WadeFan said:

@charizard1605 said:

But honestly. If they just created an Underground + Original Most wanted mix. Like the atmosphere and tuner culture of Underground, with the openness and customization of Underground 2 and the Cops and cool story of Most Wanted.

That would be pretty awesome.

Hell, just go back to the first Underground and its menu based progression, I don't care, I just want a game that awesome.

Rivals looks interesting, but we'll see.