New ps4 in a few years?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

After watching NVIDIA ROAD MAP these are the keys of what I saw moving forward

stacked EDRAM used for unlimited BW

VIRTURAL MEMORY

CLOUD GPU

SCALABLE HW

DX12 will be in the new Maxwell cards coming out this summer that's why MS said early access

As I'm sure AMD will follow suite with whats above and you can find all of those into the x1 and its ROADMAP right now

It looks like sony might get left behind or have to make a new console soon what do you think?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Makes perfect sense.

The company Sony, should follow a different company Nvidia's PC roadmap for...Sony's home console the PS4. It's well known Nvidia's competitor AMD powered the PS4 (as well as Wii U and Xbone), so clearly Sony is going to follow Nvidia's roadmap, even if such a roadmap wouldn't be advantageous at all. This is how the market has always worked. That's why consoles only last a few years, right TC? New roadmaps made by separate corporate entities and whatnot.

As I understand it, the PS4 definitely need the sales since I heard the PS4 is doing so poorly in sales (Yes, I live in a vacuum). Yes, a new PS4 in a few years makes sense based on what you submitted to the forum.

I'm glad you posted today with this "content".

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not going to happen

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

All of those features are going to be on new hardware. Of course the consoles get left behind when compared to the tech on the PC. The consoles have static hardware while each year new revisions of PC hardware comes out.

As for the PS4 getting a new version, I'm sure in 2-4 years we'll see a slimmer, cheaper version like we always see of consoles. They aren't going to change the specs though.

Also DirectX 12 isn't going to be out until late 2015. Fermi and newer cards support DX12 but it's not actually going to be used in games until late 2015.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Yes.

I'm sure in 6-7 years Sony will release a new console.

Hint:It will be called the PS5.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

consoles are and will ALWAYS be left behind when it comes to tech. releasing a new console sooner wont help any because by the time they even announce it to the public it will be outdated

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm sure they'll have a redesign, but not a whole new console

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Wasdie said:

All of those features are going to be on new hardware. Of course the consoles get left behind when compared to the tech on the PC. The consoles have static hardware while each year new revisions of PC hardware comes out.

As for the PS4 getting a new version, I'm sure in 2-4 years we'll see a slimmer, cheaper version like we always see of consoles. They aren't going to change the specs though.

Also DirectX 12 isn't going to be out until late 2015. Fermi and newer cards support DX12 but it's not actually going to be used in games until late 2015.

Several Dx12 features are already in the XB1. The XBox One won't be left behind. Most of the games that use Dx12 won't be out until 2015. Microsoft will be showing a bunch of them at the E3, I'm sure.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@blackace said:
@Wasdie said:

Several Dx12 features are already in the XB1. The XBox One won't be left behind. Most of the games that use Dx12 won't be out until 2015. Microsoft will be showing a bunch of them at the E3, I'm sure.

New firmware and API is not enough to make an entry level system keep up with pc hardware.

The Xbox One will get left behind. It already is getting left behind.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wasdie  Moderator

@blackace said:
@Wasdie said:

That doesn't mean anything. DX12 isn't a big graphical upgrade over DX11 or anything. It's an API change. Many of DX12's goals are to move the API to be more console-like, so a lot of the changes won't matter. The other ones will simply allow for easier porting between the PC and Xbox One. The Xbox One won't see many if any advantages from DX12.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The PS4 tech is looking antiquated more and more each day. Sony doesn't have the $$$ to pull a new OpenGL out of their ass let alone design a new console around it.

We will always look back on 2014 and remember Sonys last stand before fading away to nothing.

Sure indies and The Order in 800p will keep PS4 owners happy the rest of the year but sooner or later people will want more.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

the most we'll probably see being added to the ps4 is a bigger hard drive.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

No time to think before you type. Definitely no time to think before you hit submit. You must be a busy man OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The PS4 tech is looking antiquated more and more each day. Sony doesn't have the $$$ to pull a new OpenGL out of their ass let alone design a new console around it.

We will always look back on 2014 and remember Sonys last stand before fading away to nothing.

Sure indies and The Order in 800p will keep PS4 owners happy the rest of the year but sooner or later people will want more.

bad troll...

You deserve

a very blurry upscaled version of a titan drop.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Every Nvidia architecture above fermi will have DX12 support

AMD 7000 series will have support for it and r9 200 series will have support for it. In response to TC, I think AMD announced that their r9 200 series gpu supported DX12 before NVIDIA did.

However, there is no graphic card that is out that will have full support for DX12. Not even first generation Maxwell will have full support of it. Key features will be absent.

2nd gen Maxwell and R9 300 series will have full support for it. Anything based on existing architecture (which include xboxone based on AMD's existing architecture) will not have full support.

There is no gpu out there that can fully support. This breaks my heart because AMD seemed to suggest otherwise with their r9 290 series and I was hoping Maxwell would. Its not a huge issue but having certain gpu with limited support is disheartening.

I think its disappointing and think its just to get people to upgrade at the time of WIndows 9 release (but that is my speculation).

http://www.hardware-360.com/directx-12-requires-new-graphics-cards-to-utilize-all-features/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/36491/some-features-in-directx-12-will-need-newer-video-cards/index.html

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tighaman

@daious: the x1 was designed by all NVIDIA AMD Intel and MS I guarantee that the X1 will be the first to FULLY SUPPORT DX12 its MS child that will be our early access.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

The ps4's going to get a new version the second the original stops moving units like crazy. But it won't be an all new console, it'll have different parts -- as companies often replace parts with more cost-efficient components that allows for price drops -- but it won't be some highly upgraded console that renders the launch units completely obsolete.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackace

@Wasdie said:

@blackace said:
@Wasdie said:

That doesn't mean anything. DX12 isn't a big graphical upgrade over DX11 or anything. It's an API change. Many of DX12's goals are to move the API to be more console-like, so a lot of the changes won't matter. The other ones will simply allow for easier porting between the PC and Xbox One. The Xbox One won't see many if any advantages from DX12.

Ok, you keep believing that if it makes you feel good. lol!! That's not what the others in the industry are saying. I won't say anything until AFTER the E3. lol!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/microsoft-touts-performance-improvements-for-existing-hardware-in-directx-12/

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daious

@Tighaman said:

@daious: the x1 was designed by all NVIDIA AMD Intel and MS I guarantee that the X1 will be the first to FULLY SUPPORT DX12 its MS child that will be our early access.

X1 was not designed by Nvidia and Intel. What are you even talking about?

Full DX12 support will come with GPU launching in 2015 and probably will coincide with the release of MS's Child Windows 9. It makes sense to push it out then. Have new line of cards and upgrades that will have completely support with it. I think it sucks that Maxwell won't have full support because I really plan on upgrading to 20nm (looks glorious).

Nothing else out there can technically fully support it. Including the xboxone. It won't be until 2nd gen maxwell and the r9 300 series.

There is a difference between support and full support. The cards now will only "limited support for the API, with key elements missing". I think most support will be in though.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Daious
@blackace said:

@Wasdie said:

@blackace said:
@Wasdie said:

Ok, you keep believing that if it makes you feel good. lol!! That's not what the others in the industry are saying. I won't say anything until AFTER the E3. lol!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/microsoft-touts-performance-improvements-for-existing-hardware-in-directx-12/

A new API won't do magic on consoles. It will do huge things on PC.

Consoles already have a low lvl API.

Will there be improvements with the Xboxone? Yes, I don't think anyone's disputing that.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tighaman

I don't think you all understand what I'm talking about this is where the INDUSTRY MOVING Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, and MS is talking about embedded memory, fast cache, unified virtual memory, and wide bit bus, NO BRUTE FORCE but instead DATAFLOW or SUPERCOMPUTER everyone BUT SONY even engines from devs are talking about leaving the BRUTE FORCE METHOD how would sony change the PS4 to fit the NEW methods or what can they do?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Daious

@Tighaman said:

I don't think you all understand what I'm talking about this is where the INDUSTRY MOVING Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, and MS is talking about embedded memory, fast cache, unified virtual memory, and wide bit bus, NO BRUTE FORCE but instead DATAFLOW or SUPERCOMPUTER everyone BUT SONY even engines from devs are talking about leaving the BRUTE FORCE METHOD how would sony change the PS4 to fit the NEW methods or what can they do?

I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tighaman

@daious: What are you talking about just look at the chip? I'm telling you that everyone that I said had a say so in designing the chip. They are Partners and x1 will have a dx12 game before the holiday of 2015 devs already have dx12 API as MS already said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE X1 IS NOT FULLY dx12 already there is no GPU OR SOC on the market that looks or resembles the x1 arch DX12 is already being used in the x1 with swizzle compressions, it will be the First FULLY dx12 system shown.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Perhaps we'll see a PS4 slim in maybe 2.5-3 years, but not an upgraded one.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Daious
@Tighaman said:

@daious: What are you talking about just look at the chip? I'm telling you that everyone that I said had a say so in designing the chip. They are Partners and x1 will have a dx12 game before the holiday of 2015 devs already have dx12 API as MS already said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE X1 IS NOT FULLY dx12 already there is no GPU OR SOC on the market that looks or resembles the x1 arch DX12 is already being used in the x1 with swizzle compressions, it will be the First FULLY dx12 system shown.

Xboxone isn't fully compat. Its based on AMD 7000 series architecture...

Consoles are also static hardware.

AMD and NVIDIA gpu in are where all the progress you are hearing about is happening

Opengl is getting huge improvements too http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/20/opengl-gdc2014/

Stop making up things.

Do you also think directX12 will magically make xboxone on par with PC hardware?

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tighaman

@daious: well maybe you should read more industry stuff instead of just stuff to benefit an agenda

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Daious
@Tighaman said:

@daious: well maybe you should read more industry stuff instead of just stuff to benefit an agenda

You really have no idea what DX12 is do you...

Also how are you comparing what AMD and NVIDIA is doing in 2015 with what Sony and MS is doing now... Maxwell's sucessor with the stackable ram will (Pascal) will be huge for the PC world but it will mean nothing in terms on the console world.

PS4 and Xboxone are static hardware. PC is not. It is evolving hardware. If Sony fails behind, Xboxone will too. Dx12 will bring improvements to Xboxone but it won't magically negate that its gpu is equivalent to a 7770 ghz. If you feel like Sony needs a new console in 2015, then MS will need a new one too.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

The PS4 is already the most powerful home console. PC hardware roadmap is completely irrelevant. Devs continued, and to an extent *still* continue to port their games over to the PS3 equipped with its mindblowing 7800 GTX equivalent.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tighaman

@daious: please enlighten me fam? I compare because MS has ALWAYS been ahead of the tech or moving in the same direction as the tech in the PC world ever since the first x1. It is really called the DXbox for DIRECTXBOX for a reason.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Tighaman said:

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts
@Tighaman said:

Maybe you should be writing for misterxmedia.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Daious

@Tighaman said:

@daious: please enlighten me fam? I compare because MS has ALWAYS been ahead of the tech or moving in the same direction as the tech in the PC world ever since the first x1. It is really called the DXbox for DIRECTXBOX for a reason.

Xboxone is static hardware. The gpu doesn't change...The hardware doesn't change. All these hardware evolutions in GPU you are hearing from NVIDIA and AMD does not mean anything for consoles. They are already built. You seem to be implying that it does. There are no upgrades. No swapping pieces. In 2015 it won't be blowing away ps4 or PC...

All these DX12 news you are hearing will be huge for the PC market and new generations of GPU. It will be big for MS and the launch of Windows 9. It will help Xboxone performance. No one is questioning that but consoles already have a low level API. There will not be a huge difference.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wasdie  Moderator
@blackace said:

The Xbox One already has a low level API. It gets better performance than DX11 on the PC could dream of having and will even perform better than DX12 on the PC.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tighaman

@daious:

what do you think the new GPUs are moving to swizzle compression, dedicated sound blocks, virtual memory, embedded RAM on GPU, fast cache, scalable HW, all can be found in the x1 ahead if the industry

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

-Xbone is already left behind

-PS4 is the most powerful console and will continue to be so through this Gen. No firmware is gonna upgrade the Xbone powers past the PS4, it doesn't work that way

-whatever can be done on the Xbone can be done on the PS4 more efficiently

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha

@MBirdy88: remember though, there is always truth in my trolling. I speak fact.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

DA Secret sauce part deux...lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Tighaman said:

I don't think YOU understand.

This is static hardware, the xbox One doesn't benefit from this in any signifigant way either. and neither will PC gaming for friggin years. all this talk about the improvements, yet crap hardware is still crap hardware.

Maybe the next round of consoles, but why does the PS4 have to change? console hardware never changes.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tighaman

@@tormentos: come on TORM I never change my thoughts on who helped MS designed the x1 since we first discussed the arch have I? Its not secret sauce wasn't the OG XBOX REALLY DIRECTXBOX? This is their DX BOX its should get it first just like its the first to be using some of the capabilities of DX12 NOW! just common sense really

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Daious

@Tighaman said:

@daious:

what do you think the new GPUs are moving to swizzle compression, dedicated sound blocks, virtual memory, embedded RAM on GPU, fast cache, scalable HW, all can be found in the x1 ahead if the industry

You really don't know the first thing about pascal if they think their stacked DRAM is anywhere close to be equivalent to Xboxone. They are unrelated. Completely different architecture and completely different concepts.

Xboxone and PS4 are made by the same people. Using the same core AMD components. Both of them are technically outdated.

They aren't even remotely comparable to the GPU that are coming out in 2015. Stop trying to compare them to what NVIDIA and AMD are doing in 2015.

Like I said before, if you think PS4 is outdated by 2015 then you must agree that the Xboxone is too.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Since the PS4 is the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the HISTORY of video games, I don't think that will happen.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Tighaman said:

After watching NVIDIA ROAD MAP these are the keys of what I saw moving forward

stacked EDRAM used for unlimited BW

VIRTURAL MEMORY

CLOUD GPU

SCALABLE HW

DX12 will be in the new Maxwell cards coming out this summer that's why MS said early access

As I'm sure AMD will follow suite with whats above and you can find all of those into the x1 and its ROADMAP right now

It looks like sony might get left behind or have to make a new console soon what do you think?

Are you having a laugh??? What has any of that got to do with Sony to be fair???

Xbox One has worse hardware than the PS4, DX12 isn't going to change anything, it will make the drivers work better and make it a bit more stable but there isn't anything you can do for the hardware, the Xbox One will more than likely get left behind or be changed in the near future,

all this stuff is for the PC, and PCs are what you make them, not a platform what beats consoles everytime, you need the money.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Daious

xboxone and PS4 were not made from hardware from the future. They were utilizing AMD's hardware.

They were pre-set and static hardware. Xboxone gpu is roughly a 7770 and PS4 is between an r7 265 and a 7870. There is no changing that. The hardware is not going to magically evolve and become something different in 2015/2016.

Consoles already have a low lvl API. DX12 will bring improvements but it will not magically cause it to move beyond its hardware. Xboxone will not begin to out perform PS4 because of its hardware limitations.

Both consoles will be blown away by gpus that are coming out in 2015. Even my Nvidia 780ti will be completely destroyed by the 900s series. Xboxone/PS4 won't even come close to it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blackace

Sitting back chilling. Waiting for the E3.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7jNSCsG5NhY/0.jpg

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

A few years? TLOU is only 9 months old and its being re sold. I say a new PS4 after E3.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Tighaman: That would be fine as long as it's backwards compatible. The console war has really spun out of control. I think Nintendo may be the next console if they are up for the challenge. I really don't think the PS4 has more than 3 years life span and that's being generous. I think Infamous Second Son is pretty much what we can expect from here on out. I don't see it getting much better than that. It's crazy how fast things are moving. That Titan Z is out of control but I do think $3000 is about $1000 too much.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

the truth is your a lemming with an ea games sized asshole.

direct x has been antiqued with the recent revisions made to open gl,

matter of fact direct x is copying off of open gl (this has happened before)

but direct x has no ability to adapt and hardware has to support it,

open gl is scalable, think of direct x as ios,

and open gl as android,

which is doubly proven because open gl is being implemented into all game engines (ue4, cryengine, source, unity, eventually frostbite)

is xbone built for direct x 13? no it probably wasn't built for dx12 neither, but since it is software it is probably custom coded for xbone.

but weak hardware is weak hardware, only optimization will mask those deficiencies.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

PS's come out every 6-7 years.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FoxbatAlpha

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

the truth is your a lemming with an ea games sized asshole.

direct x has been antiqued with the recent revisions made to open gl,

matter of fact direct x is copying off of open gl (this has happened before)

but direct x has no ability to adapt and hardware has to support it,

open gl is scalable, think of direct x as ios,

and open gl as android,

which is doubly proven because open gl is being implemented into all game engines (ue4, cryengine, source, unity, eventually frostbite)

is xbone built for direct x 13? no it probably wasn't built for dx12 neither, but since it is software it is probably custom coded for xbone.

but weak hardware is weak hardware, only optimization will mask those deficiencies.

KILLatWillis watch your mouth!

Anywho you seem like another cow that thinks OpenGL is good. LOL 96% of devs who use both GL and DX will take a dump on GL everytime. DX12 is the future and Sony will be left behind for not planning this future out.

Some of your other claims are just outlandish so there is no further discussing them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

MS gonna lower teh Boom come E3, just sayin. :P