New PS4 game announcements on Dec 6-7th at PS Event

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Playstation Experience Event at Last Vegas Dec 6-7th

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/buy-your-tickets-to-sonys-playstation-experience-l/1100-6423120/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Sony announced PlayStation Experience earlier this month as a "massive" two-day community event in Las Vegas. Taking place December 6-7, Sony says it will be an"unprecedented" event that offers attendees the chance to play unreleased games and attend panels and keynotes featuring members of the games industry. On a recent podcast, Sony's Scott Rohde teased, "This is an event for the fans, and I am so incredibly geeked about it. We're gonna show you a bunch of stuff that maybe we shouldn't show you yet."

Although you won't be able to try games or get your hands on the free swag that will be available at the show without attending, you will be able to take in at least some of the event from home. Sony plans to offer live video from the event, though it hasn't provided specifics as of yet.

The same goes for exactly what games, publishers, and panels will be at the show--you'll have to buy tickets knowing very little about what you're getting into. Sony hasn't indicated how many tickets will be available, but it did say that those hoping to sit for the opening keynote address will need to be among the first 5,500 to enter the building. Seating will be first-come, first-served.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

If you can't put out games put out announcements.

Sony Fan can't really tell the difference anyway, and announcements are cheaper.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45056 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan can't really tell the difference anyway, and announcements are cheaper.

I'm pretty sure PS4 has more games than either console.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

The Getaway 3?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I'll be playing Xbox One those days. Let me know about the over hyped indie games coming in 2017 though!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Sony doesn't have to make games anymore. All they gotta do is put out some press for games that haven't been developed for in years (TLG) and then the herd comes storming back frothing at the mouth for more.

During this time I'll be enjoying Bayonetta 2, Smash, Sonic Boom, and Hyrule Warriors.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I'm not sure why so many people are so upset about a conference.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

PS Home 2

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@kuu2 said:

Sony doesn't have to make games anymore. All they gotta do is put out some press for games that haven't been developed for in years (TLG) and then the herd comes storming back frothing at the mouth for more.

During this time I'll be enjoying Bayonetta 2, Smash, Sonic Boom, and Hyrule Warriors.

Wow , im jealous .... lol .....

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Agent, last guardian baby bring it on

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@kuu2 said:

I'm only jealous of Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart for this entire year. Wii-U wins the year on those alone IMO, but it's sad sheep have to hype up a trash looking Sonic game and a Dynsty Warriors clone with Zelda characters thrown in. Come on man.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@alcapello said:

Agent, last guardian baby bring it on

Don't forget Final Fantasy vs. XIII. The three PS3 games that never were - resurrected as PS4 exclusive announcements. Just wait 5 more years guise

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

The most games thanks to SONY and the by gamers for gamers mantra.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@AzatiS said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@kuu2 said:

I'm only jealous of Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart for this entire year. Wii-U wins the year on those alone IMO, but it's sad sheep have to hype up a trash looking Sonic game and a Dynsty Warriors clone with Zelda characters thrown in. Come on man.

Im not jealous about anything Wii U has to offer. Literally. The only Nintendo game can intrigue me and actually rent the console for it is Zelda. Nothing more nothing less. I might rent new Xenoblade also , ill see. And thats it. Kart / Smash is the very same experiences since N64. Hell some of the newest installments are even worse than older ones. Im not the one saying this , dedicated sheeps do over the years.

As for Sonic ,im fan of Sonic but yes ... come on. Also i totally agree with the masked Dynasty warriors game with Zelda characters and lore ... that suddenly is a great game. It simply shows what kind of power Nintendo have with certain Icons. If by any means , Hyrule warriors wasnt about Zelda lore while it was exactly the same game with different characters.... Noone would care that much , i bet my life on it. Hell i would go as far to say that massive amount of reviews wouldnt have been positive even.

Nostalgia is so strong in older generations that grew up with Nintendo games/icons. But you know what is the main issue with Nintendo ? That new age of gamers are not into that category and they dont give a shit about those icons. They failing to be appealing in younger audiences like they used to and thats where the real bleeding is for Wii U. Theres no Nostalgia involved for new age of gamers let alone there are so many alternatives for young audiences for PC and other consoles. Indies alone for example was a big slap for Nintendo. Being so cheap while being awesome experiences for casuals that is.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Cool? I'll get excited when I actually hear the announcements.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:

It is puzzling.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Hopefully they will announce The Last Guardian. I think we've waited long enough, don't you? Maybe an Uncharted remastered trilogy. Those are the only two things I want right now.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:

Because they're holding a conference about upcoming games. Didn't they already do this at other events? This is more about trying to build hype to keep their fanbase from realizing that there are far better experiences on other consoles.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

So I guess we have to wait till 2017 for the game to actually come out? I want to have fun until then so I will probably be picking up the Xbox One.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

New Killzone like Killzone 2 or Resistance like Resistance 2 would be great.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@rictshard said:

You mean Killzone 5 and Resistance 4? I think both studios are pretty much done with these franchises. I would love to see a decent traditional RPG.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rictshard

@blackace: Would be nice though, those were some good shooters on consoles, before they made KZ Arcadey and lowered to player cap in Resistance.

Yeah it's unlikely though. Killzone maybe but I doubt will see another Resistance. Sucks they shut the server down.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@bunchanumbers: We don't really know what all they're doing.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

dat trailer... excellent!!!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@rictshard said:

not going to happen!!

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rictshard

@lglz1337 said:

@rictshard said:

not going to happen!!

Would be nice though, they were some damn good shooters.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Well I hope PS4 owners do get a good new game for 3 reasons 1) they really do not have any games now. I mean their only really great game was a milkage of a last gen game that was released not long ago. 2) The lack of good PS4 news has made the Sony Fanboys rather crazy with pretty much insane threads on here. 3) It is getting kinda pathetic with literally the only thing Sony Fanboys can brag about is sales and nothing about the system itself. I mean seriously how many times can you see sure the X1 has more of everything but we have more people to dwell misery together then X1 does.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Sony will announce TLOU Super duper edition for the Ps4, coming just in time for Christmas, now you can play with Big head mode activated.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@Heil68:

Damn, you're still going. Huge respect lol

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Hopefully they will announce The Last Guardian. I think we've waited long enough, don't you? Maybe an Uncharted remastered trilogy. Those are the only two things I want right now.

Any one of those two will be great. But someone did say that it will have the internet in an uproar. TLG is more likely to do that I'd say.

I honestly do not understand how anyone at all cares about this so called game The Last Guardian anymore. There is literally no way in the world if this was not a Sony exclusive anyone would care anymore. Here is a timeline but granted was stopped the beginning of last year.

http://kotaku.com/5964547/kotaku-timeline-the-last-guardian

Sony fans are so obsessed with the term exclusive that this game is still a major force. I mean seriously the game was first talked about 7 damn years ago and only because it is some Sony exclusive game we are still talking about it. Hell some are even mentioning Agent in this thread. It is just more proof Sony fans care little about the game itself but if it is exclusive is all that matters.

And no one give me some some crap about amazing developers. They made two games only and the most recent was 9 years ago on a console 2 generations ago.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I don't want new IP to be announced.. I'd be happy if The Last Guardian would be showed running on PS4 followed by an official release date..

But that will probably remain a dream !!

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@clyde46 said:

The Getaway 3?

I vaguelly recall some mention of a third Getaway game based in Amsterdam, i cant remember whether it was the ps2 or 3 but it was intriguing info nonetheless.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CanYouDiglt

@scottpsfan14 said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Any one of those two will be great. But someone did say that it will have the internet in an uproar. TLG is more likely to do that I'd say.

I honestly do not understand how anyone at all cares about this so called game The Last Guardian anymore. There is literally no way in the world if this was not a Sony exclusive anyone would care anymore. Here is a timeline but granted was stopped the beginning of last year.

http://kotaku.com/5964547/kotaku-timeline-the-last-guardian

Sony fans are so obsessed with the term exclusive that this game is still a major force. I mean seriously the game was first talked about 7 damn years ago and only because it is some Sony exclusive game we are still talking about it. Hell some are even mentioning Agent in this thread. It is just more proof Sony fans care little about the game itself but if it is exclusive is all that matters.

And no one give me some some crap about amazing developers. They made two games only and the most recent was 9 years ago on a console 2 generations ago.

The hype came from Ico and Shadow of the Colossus being amazing games. And TLG looked like it was going to continue the trend. Like PlayStations Zelda sort of thing. Except they are different games every time and not the same IP or gameplay. We don't even know if Team Ico have still got it in them to beat Shadow of the Colossus.

But since it's exclusive to PlayStation, of course cows will go on about it more. But a game by a dev that has made two amazing games will be hyped. And especially a one that looked as good as that short clip they showed of TLG. It looked like Team Ico were in full effect to make a masterpiece. But now this long delay of what looked to be a major title has happened, it's causing people to talk more about it and now, in a negative light.

My guess is it's still being made, but they have had to overhaul development of the prior version to make a PS4 version. More likely on a much larger scale than was previously anticipated. I still believe it will come out. Will it live up to it's hype? I can't say. But will it be a specticle? Hell yes!

Do not give me this Team Ico is so amazing stuff and that is why there is so much hype. Again they made only 2 games with the last one being over 9 years ago on a console two generations ago which is probably longer then the average Playstation user has been playing games. The one and only trailer they showed was short and rough. Also neither game that they made were huge sellers. This is nothing at all like Zelda which you were saying because Zelda is known worldwide to even none gamers. Team Ico and the two games they made are not house hold names. The only two games they even made are small niche games.

Lets be real and be honest with yourself if this was a multiplat it would be a laughing stock that it is even still talked about. Sony fanboys have a knack for loving anything exclusive and i'll give another example just look at GT. GT goes years and years without a real game with each being far lower then the standard but Playstation Fanboys eat it up since it is exclusive. Only one of the two Ico games they made scored pretty high and even then neither were monster sellers or genre changers.

This is a developer that makes exclusive Playstation games and that is the ONLY reason they are still talked about PERIOD.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#37 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Let me know how it goes because ill be busy playing 007 legends zombi u nsmw mariokart 8. Hyrule warriors ssb marioparty 10 etc by the time what ever Sony announces and who's to say it isn't just a app or redesigned ps3 lol or home 2.0