New ps vita UK commercial "for the players"

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (14674 posts) -

more like...for the suckers

Loading Video...

#2 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

You make a thread for every commercial you see?

#3 Posted by DocSanchez (2331 posts) -

Constantly calling for people to be banned, yet posts threads like this.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (14674 posts) -

@santoron said:

You make a thread for every commercial you see?

U mad?

#5 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14424 posts) -

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9497 posts) -

Not having games is good for the gamer?

lulz

#7 Posted by Blabadon (28456 posts) -

Lots of jelly 3DS owners here.

#8 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@santoron said:

You make a thread for every commercial you see?

U mad?

Just curious. Was the question too tough?

#9 Edited by KBFloYd (14674 posts) -

@santoron said:

@KBFloYd said:

@santoron said:

You make a thread for every commercial you see?

U mad?

Just curious. Was the question too tough?

vita doesnt get many commercials....each one is special.

#10 Edited by bunchanumbers (2699 posts) -

Sony should stop lying to the public. First denying EA Access because it wasn't 'value' now this? They should be making commercials that show them streaming PS4 games.

#11 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (1020 posts) -

I thought the Vita was aimed at a more mature audience, but yet they display children playing it in a tent. lol

Everyone knows the 3DS has that audience on lock. Sony doesn't even know who the Vita is for. Poor bastards can't even decide on if its an accessory or a system lol.

#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10508 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

well they arent lying

On topic.... what is the problem here TC?

#13 Posted by KBFloYd (14674 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

well they arent lying

On topic.... what is the problem here TC?

just want system wars opinions on the ps vita comeback commercial.

what did you think?

#14 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10508 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

well they arent lying

On topic.... what is the problem here TC?

just want system wars opinions on the ps vita comeback commercial.

what did you think?

i dont really pay attention to the vita, but more adds and whatever attention the VITA can get its great. The Commercial is highlighting friendly and well known games/franchise.

Maybe, you didnt like that it was targeting kids, but lets be honest, pretty much all the other adds from the start of the VITA have all been targeted to males in their 20s.

#15 Posted by Telekill (5131 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

well they arent lying

On topic.... what is the problem here TC?

just want system wars opinions on the ps vita comeback commercial.

what did you think?

Comback commercial? Really?

#16 Posted by KBFloYd (14674 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@KBFloYd said:

just want system wars opinions on the ps vita comeback commercial.

what did you think?

i dont really pay attention to the vita, but more adds and whatever attention the VITA can get its great. The Commercial is highlighting friendly and well known games/franchise.

Maybe, you didnt like that it was targeting kids, but lets be honest, pretty much all the other adds from the start of the VITA have all been targeted to males in their 20s.

i thought the commercial was hilarious...the kids...the gimmicks...totally what nintendo gets bashed for.

thought it would make for a good vita bashing thread.

#17 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10508 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@KBFloYd said:

just want system wars opinions on the ps vita comeback commercial.

what did you think?

i dont really pay attention to the vita, but more adds and whatever attention the VITA can get its great. The Commercial is highlighting friendly and well known games/franchise.

Maybe, you didnt like that it was targeting kids, but lets be honest, pretty much all the other adds from the start of the VITA have all been targeted to males in their 20s.

i thought the commercial was hilarious...the kids...the gimmicks...totally what nintendo gets bashed for.

thought it would make for a good vita bashing thread.

I understand what you are trying to spin here. That Sony is targeting kids now, and some how that means the left their "for the gamers" motto.

But we all know how the vita is doing and how its being viewed by everyone. Like I said before, SONY already has targeted the grown folks, but as you can see they are biting, so logically they have to try another audience aswell. Its basically Nintendo is reverse, Nintendo goes for the kids from the start, when things are no longer working, they start to appeal for the "hardcore", but you know Nintendo isnt abandoning or planning on changing their strategy. Same here for SONY, trying to get the kids to pay attention to the VITA, but they arent gonna shift totallyl focus to kids now.

#18 Posted by bunchanumbers (2699 posts) -

If sony really wants to have Vita make a comeback they need to pay hoodlums to do crimes that involve the Vita. Assault someone by throwing a Vita in their face. Scream 'You got Vita'd!!' and pray for viral status. They need to do something so bizarre that it takes off. The Vita robbery at the gamestop was a good start. Bad publicity is probably their best shot at publicity anymore.

#19 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5232 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

If I spent between £230 - £280 on that thing, I'd have been mad when they said that. In fact I remember this was more expensive than the PS3 for quite a while.

I know people say Sony is all 'for gamers, by gamers' but when it comes to Vita, I think they've treated gamers worse than MS with the X1 with their half hearted support. It's pretty much the cardinal sin. MS has treated me like shit and I'm stuck with the X1 now (because I'd lose a ton if I sold it), but at least I know it'll get full support.

#20 Posted by _Matt_ (9429 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

If I spent between £230 - £280 on that thing, I'd have been mad when they said that. In fact I remember this was more expensive than the PS3 for quite a while.

I know people say Sony is all 'for gamers, by gamers' but when it comes to Vita, I think they've treated gamers worse than MS with the X1 with their half hearted support. It's pretty much the cardinal sin. MS has treated me like shit and I'm stuck with the X1 now (because I'd lose a ton if I sold it), but at least I know it'll get full support.

While I agree with your point, £230-£280 is a massive exaggeration, considering I got mine on launch day including game and memory card for £220. Just to be pinickety....

Sorry, carry on.

#21 Posted by MBirdy88 (9008 posts) -

I guess I'm a sucker then, since my 3DS collects dust because of the same old tired first party....

I play the vita and ps4 games through it...

Smash bros you say? no ... I got a Wii U for that.

#23 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19279 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

I guess I'm a sucker then, since my 3DS collects dust because of the same old tired first party....

I play the vita and ps4 games through it...

Smash bros you say? no ... I got a Wii U for that.

Couldn't agree with you more, and I own both too. A lot of people here keep talking about sales numbers. Simply having higher sales numbers doesn't make it a better console. Nintendo has a bigger market because it attracts casuals and a lot more kids. Also, the Vita came out a year later and was trying to compete with tablets and smartphones (and 3DS) when they were already took off. And another thing - Vita has games and did get plenty of first party support. Look at KZ Mercenary, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, LBP, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, etc. We also get great indie support. I'm enjoying Rogue Legacy and will also be playing The Swapper and CounterSpy soon. We also get a lot of multiplats which for some reason people here see as a bad thing. I think it's a great thing I can play games that are also on PS3/PS4 and that many of them have cross play support. Third party is still there too, Persona 4 Golden is one of the greatest handheld games ever, and Tales of Hearts R will probably be pretty damn good too. Compare that to 3DS and what do you really have? The same old franchises we've been playing for years. Great for people who are new to gaming, but not for people who've already played these games plenty of times. I tried playing Pokemon this year and it's pretty much the same thing since Red. Want another Mario? Played that plenty of times too. Mario Kart? Yep. The only thing 'new' that I really see for 3DS is Super Smash which I think will be fun.

#24 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (5232 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

But didn't Sony say it's just an accessory for the PS4?

If I spent between £230 - £280 on that thing, I'd have been mad when they said that. In fact I remember this was more expensive than the PS3 for quite a while.

I know people say Sony is all 'for gamers, by gamers' but when it comes to Vita, I think they've treated gamers worse than MS with the X1 with their half hearted support. It's pretty much the cardinal sin. MS has treated me like shit and I'm stuck with the X1 now (because I'd lose a ton if I sold it), but at least I know it'll get full support.

While I agree with your point, £230-£280 is a massive exaggeration, considering I got mine on launch day including game and memory card for £220. Just to be pinickety....

Sorry, carry on.

Official launch prices. £230 for the wireless and £280 for the 3G variant, I thought it was the system was thing to do to use the official prices :-). I think if you shopped around you could get it for £209 and £260. While I was interested, I thought it was massively expensive for me. Since I don't travel around, I couldn't get over it being more than or the same as a PS3 in price, which at that time had a massive library as well.

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26357 posts) -

Huh, targeting the kid demographic. I haven't seen Sony do that in a while.

#26 Posted by JohnF111 (14122 posts) -

@santoron said:

You make a thread for every commercial you see?

Only if he can Sony using it or praise Nintendo. Nothing else.

#27 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -

I can pick up a pre owned one now for £100.

#28 Posted by xhawk27 (7536 posts) -

That new Nvidia Shield Tablet is more powerful than the Vita for about the same price.

#29 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19279 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

That new Nvidia Shield Tablet is more powerful than the Vita for about the same price.

read the GS review, they don't even recommend it as a gaming device

#30 Posted by TheEroica (14469 posts) -

Absolutely loving my Vita... not a big winner in the metagame department but tee hee, the metagame.

I can play new indies, stand alone titles and ps4 through it... it works perfectly as a companion to the ps3/4 . I use mine every single day.

#31 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

Absolutely loving my Vita... not a big winner in the metagame department but tee hee, the metagame.

I can play new indies, stand alone titles and ps4 through it... it works perfectly as a companion to the ps3/4 . I use mine every single day.

Same here. I'd have passed on the PS4 if not for Vita.