New Pokemon X/Y Trailer and Info

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Trailer first.

new info (which i'll copypaste from sonictrainer on the 3DS board):

Pokemon

• Chespin apparently knows Vine Whip and later learns Rollout
  • Chespin Trivia: The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details.
  • Fennekin apparently knows Ember and later learns Howl
  • Fennekin Trivia: Searing heat blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer.
  • Froakie apparently knows Bubble and later learns Quick Attack
  • Froakie Trivia: The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times.
  • "Helioptile" is the recently revealed, new Electric/Normal Type Pokemon
  • Helioptile can learn a new attack called "Parabolic Charge", which heals the user for half the damage it deals to enemies.
  • Helioptile Trivia: Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat!
  • "Fletchling" is the recently, revealed new Flying/Normal Type Pokemon.
  • Fletchling can learn Flame Charge.
  • Fletchling Trivia: With a friendly nature and a beautiful chirp, Fletchling is a popular Pokémon among many Trainers. But Fletchling is also known to be ferocious in battle, capable of unleashing relentless attacks!
  • "Panchum" is the recently revealed, new Fighting Type Pokemon.
  • Panchum can learn a new attack called "Parting Shot", where the user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party.
  • Panchum Trivia: With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful).
  • "Gogoat" is the recently, revealed new Grass Type Pokemon. It keeps its Japanese Name in the English Versions of X and Y.
  • Gogoat can learn Leech Horn.
  • Gogoat Trivia: Gogoat is so large that people are able to able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns.

Region

• X and Y's English Region name is "Kalos"
  • "Lumiose City" is the central city of the Kalos Region. It's similar to Paris
  • People can get around Lumiose City on the back of Gogoat to shorten their travel times.

New Features

• You can now customize your Trainer's clothes!

PICS:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Fr-map.png/220px-Fr-map.png

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p4_3.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p4_2.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p3_1.jpghttp://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p3_2.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p7_4.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p8_1.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p9_2.jpg

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p7_2.jpg

SOURCE: Official Site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
We already had the trailer posted, but thanks for the info dump. Really liking the look of this one so far.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]We already had the trailer posted, but thanks for the info dump. Really liking the look of this one so far.

info dump, decent pics (instead of scans) and trailer all in one thread > reusing the old one :P
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
It's going to be amazing!!!
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Cool!! I can customize my trainer! :) awesome. And a city based off of Paris? awesome-er
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrunoBRS
Cool!! I can customize my trainer! :) awesome. And a city based off of Paris? awesome-erbbkkristian
please note the map of france i put there. it's a bit more than just paris :P and yeah, customizable clothing is a big deal for me, because those girly sunglasses were driving me insane.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Cool!! I can customize my trainer! :) awesome. And a city based off of Paris? awesome-erBrunoBRS
please note the map of france i put there. it's a bit more than just paris :P and yeah, customizable clothing is a big deal for me, because those girly sunglasses were driving me insane.

Please tell me I can drop the sunglasses to my eyes and make myself look like a bada**. :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Cool!! I can customize my trainer! :) awesome. And a city based off of Paris? awesome-erbbkkristian

Please tell me I can drop the sunglasses to my eyes and make myself look like a bada**. :P

maybe? who knows, all they said is that you can customize your clothing (and choose from those 3 preset trainers)
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Looks ok.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

frikkin awesome so far.

I wish they would add a bit more interaction with the pokemon themselves.  I have not played any recent ones, but I think it would be cool to have more of a connection outside of battle with the pokemon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

frikkin awesome so far.

I wish they would add a bit more interaction with the pokemon themselves.  I have not played any recent ones, but I think it would be cool to have more of a connection outside of battle with the pokemon.

NaveedLife
You do have interactions with Pokemon outside of battles; depending on which one you are playing, you can have your Pokemon participate in beauty contests, dancing contests, in athletics competitions, you can make movies with them, you can walk around with them and check on their happiness and all, and so on. Also, I think the Fairy Type was just confirmed... so there's now an eighteenth type of Pokemon, and this one will have full immunity to Dragon Types. Of course, I'm also assuming they will change the name for the west. Maybe call it Light Type?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

frikkin awesome so far.

NaveedLife
rideable goatcycles, man!
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I never noticed that France sort of looks like a star; The new Region that is based on France looks more like a star than France.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
As expected, it's looking much better graphically than it did during the initial reveal.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Eevee based 3DS XL preview

https://twitter.com/MarvicaFii/status/334310561632354304

Inbäddad bildlänk

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

frikkin awesome so far.

charizard1605

You do have interactions with Pokemon outside of battles; depending on which one you are playing, you can have your Pokemon participate in beauty contests, dancing contests, in athletics competitions, you can make movies with them, you can walk around with them and check on their happiness and all, and so on. Also, I think the Fairy Type was just confirmed... so there's now an eighteenth type of Pokemon, and this one will have full immunity to Dragon Types. Of course, I'm also assuming they will change the name for the west. Maybe call it Light Type?

I hope they stick with Fairy.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Am I the only one wishing that Dark souls should cross over with pokemon so I can backstab those pokemon and skin their hides to wear them?

No?

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

frikkin awesome so far.

SuperFlakeman

I hope they stick with Fairy.

I agree their isn't a negative connotation with fairies in games as their is with being evil so that is why they changed Evil to Dark type.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Call me when there's a full scale open world Pokemon console game, I love Pokemon (a lot actually, it's an important part of my childhood), but I feel like they can do more and I need a break from the series. The 3D is a step in the right direction though.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperFlakeman

Diagonal movement, megaton.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts
Sweet jesus. BPGOAT confirmed.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

lol you can ride your pokemans now... who says pokeman is always the same sh!t?? :lol:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
Maybe I'll game fly this and see if its worth a purchase. Never played a Pokemon before.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Wow, looks firggen sweet. I wish I actually had a portable gaming sytem, I borrowed one of my friend's Gameboy Advance's to play Pokemon Red on it and I had a blast with that. Got stuck at the ghost tower, part, though, where all the Pokemon are just "Ghosts."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Wow, looks firggen sweet. I wish I actually had a portable gaming sytem, I borrowed one of my friend's Gameboy Advance's to play Pokemon Red on it and I had a blast with that. Got stuck at the ghost tower, part, though, where all the Pokemon are just "Ghosts."

Goyoshi12
You're supposed to get the Silph Scope from the Silph building in Saffron to proceed lol
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I'm not really feeling this one.... anyone knows what the focus will be ? for example Black and White was the story... which the story was really good, and the fact you couldn't use previous pokemons should be standard now imho. I wish some time in the future they start making pokemons about a story that's not beating the gym leaders and leave the gym leaders as an optional sidequest heading towards different sections of the map that's not accessible via fly. 

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

charizard1605

You're supposed to get the Silph Scope from the Silph building in Saffron to proceed lol

Huh, did not know that. I kept looking online for guides on what to do but always found Pokemon Fire Red guides instead of the original Red and I'm not too sure of how similar the two are so I figured it probably wouldn't have had anything on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Huh, did not know that. I kept looking online for guides on what to do but always found Pokemon Fire Red guides instead of the original Red and I'm not too sure of how similar the two are so I figured it probably wouldn't have had anything on it.

No, FireRed and Red are mostly the same, and you gotta do the same thing in both to get past the ghosts, I think. Essentially, you enter the tower, battle Gary/Blue/whatever you named him, leave, go west of Lavender Town, and do Celadon and Saffron. When you finish those, you gotta get back to Lavender and rescue the old man at the top from Team Rocket to get the Pokeflute. Also, I cannot believe I remember this nearly eight years later.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] You're supposed to get the Silph Scope from the Silph building in Saffron to proceed lolcharizard1605

No, FireRed and Red are mostly the same, and you gotta do the same thing in both to get past the ghosts, I think. Essentially, you enter the tower, battle Gary/Blue/whatever you named him, leave, go west of Lavender Town, and do Celadon and Saffron. When you finish those, you gotta get back to Lavender and rescue the old man at the top from Team Rocket to get the Pokeflute. Also, I cannot believe I remember this nearly eight years later.

Wow.........that's....a lot of things to do to get past some f*cking ghosts.

And yes, that is..."impressive" to say the least.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Wow, that actually looks pretty sweet. My hope is for a 16-badge style game like in Gold/Silver. That was the best thing Pokemon has ever done. Do that, or something equivalent that elongates the experience and makes it worth raising your Pokemon to 80+. 

The only Pokemon games I haven't played are B/W and B/W2. I really should get onto those =\ 

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuperFlakeman

I'm not really feeling this one.... anyone knows what the focus will be ? for example Black and White was the story... which the story was really good, and the fact you couldn't use previous pokemons should be standard now imho. I wish some time in the future they start making pokemons about a story that's not beating the gym leaders and leave the gym leaders as an optional sidequest heading towards different sections of the map that's not accessible via fly. 

Joedgabe

You're right that the unique part of B/W was the story aspect and how all gym leaders where important characters that played a part too.

In X/Y I would guess the new thing is polygon graphics (i.e. 3D), both overworld and pokemon models. I feel the battles will be the highlight of these games. Superb animations and dynamic camera, not just a static picture with special effects (although in B/W Pokemon animated a tad when on standby which made it feel a little more alive)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Wow.........that's....a lot of things to do to get past some f*cking ghosts.

And yes, that is..."impressive" to say the least.

You didn't have to do it in order. That was just the order I did it in. The original Pokemon game was free roaming, you were allowed to go any place you had opened up, and beat the gyms in any order you wanted. All you needed to do to get past the ghosts was the Silph quest.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SuperFlakeman

Wow, that actually looks pretty sweet. My hope is for a 16-badge style game like in Gold/Silver. That was the best thing Pokemon has ever done. Do that, or something equivalent that elongates the experience and makes it worth raising your Pokemon to 80+. 

The only Pokemon games I haven't played are B/W and B/W2. I really should get onto those =\ 

trugs26

Not necessarily 16 badges, but in B/W2 I reached lvl 80 going with 4 Pokemon just on the content in the expanded version of Unova (gen 5 region). Just add more post-E4 content. It's the same as revisiting an old continent.

I would say play B/W instead of 2. The first game only features brand new Pokemon which gives it a cool feeling and the story is much more focused/dense, even if B/W2 has a couple more routes/towns. Also the story is a direct continuation, hence the "2".

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

SuperFlakeman

Not necessarily 16 badges, but in B/W2 I reached lvl 80 going with 4 Pokemon just on the content in the expanded version of Unova (gen 5 region). Just add more post-E4 content. It's the same as revisiting an old continent.

I would say play B/W instead of 2. The first game only features brand new Pokemon which gives it a cool feeling and the story is much more focused/dense, even if B/W2 has a couple more routes/towns. Also the story is a direct continuation, hence the "2".

Ah cool. Yeah I felt every other game (aside from Gold/Silver) felt vacant past level 60ish. Maybe this Christmas I'll jump in and get BW, BW2, and XY.  

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SuperFlakeman

Maybe I'll game fly this and see if its worth a purchase. Never played a Pokemon before. Heil68

If you get past the repetitive battle system you should like it. What keeps the battles interesting for me is figuring out what move is effective on what Pokemon without using a guide. Memorization can only take you so far :P But most of them are just common sense like fire easily takes out grass and bug types, but fire is weak to water. It gets crazy since many Pokemon are dual types. You'll learn by trial and error.

Besides the unique battle system it's a straight forward JRPG.

typechart.png

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

F**K it im sold, i'll be buying a 3DS XL and this game.. thanks

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

SuperFlakeman

You're right that the unique part of B/W was the story aspect and how all gym leaders where important characters that played a part too.

In X/Y I would guess the new thing is polygon graphics (i.e. 3D), both overworld and pokemon models. I feel the battles will be the highlight of these games. Superb animations and dynamic camera, not just a static picture with special effects (although in B/W Pokemon animated a tad when on standby which made it feel a little more alive)

I guess the fights would look prettier.. but after a few battles the effects will be forgotten. But pokemon has extremelly high potential so who knows what might happen. I hope the pokemons are more balanced on this one though.. it's a shame that out of 100 pokemons only about 6 are useable in a real fight.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
BENCHES
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bbkkristian
I still hope that they have all the pokemon in this new game; not leaving any out. :?
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Want. 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS
I still hope that they have all the pokemon in this new game; not leaving any out. :?bbkkristian
all pokes coded in, a bunch of them will require previous gens to get access to. that's my guess.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Diagonal movement, megaton.

SuperFlakeman
You can sit in benches now, another MEGATON!
mariomaker26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mariomaker26
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Can't wait!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#44 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
How MUCH of my trainer CAN I customize though? If that's it, than SURELY Game Freak can do better.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BrunoBRS
How MUCH of my trainer CAN I customize though? If that's it, than SURELY Game Freak can do better.nintendoboy16
as far as the character itself, it seems those 3 presets per gender are all you'll get. but they mentioned clothing and accessories, so there's that. honestly, i like the idea of each gen being partially defined by the trainer's design. at the same time, i hate those chick sunglasses with a passion, so i got the best of two worlds :P
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
i'm trying to decide if i should get a 3DS now or should i wait to see if they have some kind of Pokemon 3DS bundle.
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

i'm trying to decide if i should get a 3DS now or should i wait to see if they have some kind of Pokemon 3DS bundle. mrmusicman247

If it's like the last Pokemon handheld bundle, you would get a Pokemon themed 3DS with one version of the game and a probably-cumbersome carrying case, but only end up saving $5 at most when compared to buying the 3DS and game separately. You could buy a 3DS at anytime before X/Y's release and not feel ripped off or feel you missed out on a deal.

If there's nothing on the 3DS that you really want to play right away, then you could wait it out to see if a bundle comes out.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]i'm trying to decide if i should get a 3DS now or should i wait to see if they have some kind of Pokemon 3DS bundle. Valiant_Rebel

If it's like the last Pokemon handheld bundle, you would get a Pokemon themed 3DS with one version of the game and a probably-cumbersome carrying case, but only end up saving $5 at most when compared to buying the 3DS and game separately. You could buy a 3DS at anytime before X/Y's release and not feel ripped off or feel you missed out on a deal.

If there's nothing on the 3DS that you really want to play right away, then you could wait it out to see if a bundle comes out.

game would be digital only if their is bundle so he might like that.

anyways I hope they add some AA to the game or someething to make the game less pixelated. its my only complaint.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]i'm trying to decide if i should get a 3DS now or should i wait to see if they have some kind of Pokemon 3DS bundle. TheShadowLord07

game would be digital only if their is bundle so he might like that.

anyways I hope they add some AA to the game or someething to make the game less pixelated. its my only complaint.

For some reason all 3DS games look pixelated in screenshots but when I'm actually playing I never notice that it is pixelated.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#50 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Good. I hated the clothes for both trainers. Dude looks like a lady.