New Pokemon Nintendo Direct

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17572 posts) -
#2 Posted by trugs26 (5222 posts) -

Nice, the Pokemon 3DS's are being released outside of Japan.

#3 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)
#4 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17572 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)

you also get a gen 1 starter in the beginning of the game
#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24586 posts) -

So Mega Evolutions are just Super Sayain 3/DigiEvolutions? 

Cause I'm getting a vibe that they're not permanent.

#6 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17572 posts) -

LegatoSkyheart

indeed. you can only do mega evolutions in-battle. And it looks like you'll need a certain level of happiness in order to do it

#7 Posted by Maroxad (7970 posts) -

Noes, the megaevolutions taint more of the pokemon I like. Away with it, Away with it! D:

#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)mrmusicman247

Most hyped for this. Didn't watch the thing so can you tell me, how does original starters work? Do you simply get a choice of 1 starter out of 6 at the beginning of the game (i.e: original 3 and new 3), or do you get to choose 1 of each 3 so 2 total?

#9 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34123 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

mrmusicman247

indeed. you can only do mega evolutions in-battle. And it looks like you'll need a certain level of happiness in order to do it

So wait, am I going to have to actually treat my pokemon nicely and with care?

Goddamnit not buying.

#10 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24586 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

mrmusicman247

when you think about it, it'll make battles interesting, You're losing a battle, you're down to your last pokemon and he's about to give in when suddenly a spark shines from both you and your pokemon's eyes, a true bond of friendship never fails, MEGAEVOLUTION the one last thing to win the Gym Battle.

Yeah X & Y is going to be great.

#11 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4534 posts) -

80s cartoon rehash, doomed, kiddy garbage, lol wiiu, I'm an insecure teen, etc...

#12 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34123 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

when you think about it, it'll make battles interesting, You're losing a battle, you're down to your last pokemon and he's about to give in when suddenly a spark shines from both you and your pokemon's eyes, a true bond of friendship never fails, MEGAEVOLUTION the one last thing to win the Gym Battle...

And then your buddy turns off his 3DS, accuses you of being cheap and lame and mentions how he totally would have won if you weren't so cheap.

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -
nintendo ~~~~ So formal! They need lighten up
#14 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="campzor"]awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)_Matt_

Most hyped for this. Didn't watch the thing so can you tell me, how does original starters work? Do you simply get a choice of 1 starter out of 6 at the beginning of the game (i.e: original 3 and new 3), or do you get to choose 1 of each 3 so 2 total?

you pick from the new 3 first from a "friend" then later in the game (dont know when) the professor offers u the gen 1 pkm
#15 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] you also get a gen 1 starter in the beginning of the gamecampzor

you pick from the new 3 first from a "friend" then later in the game (dont know when) the professor offers u the gen 1 pkm

Oh, I was under the impression it would be close to the beginning. Darn, hope it's not so late in the game that I no longer care. Before the 2nd gym ish would be good with me.

#16 Posted by hiphops_savior (7825 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="campzor"]awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)

Technically, you don't. You won't get a gen 1 starter until you meet the professor in Kalos, which isn't guaranteed to be in the beginning. You could also get a Kanto starter in HG/SS as well as a Gen 3 starter in the same game.
#17 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

Oh, I was under the impression it would be close to the beginning. Darn, hope it's not so late in the game that I no longer care. Before the 2nd gym ish would be good with me.

All i remember hearing is 'later' But if i had to guess it would be what you mentioned, somewhere around the 2nd gym mark.
#18 Posted by trugs26 (5222 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]you pick from the new 3 first from a "friend" then later in the game (dont know when) the professor offers u the gen 1 pkmcampzor

All i remember hearing is 'later' But if i had to guess it would be what you mentioned, somewhere around the 2nd gym mark.

They seemed to speak of it as if it were quite early on. I'd imagine before the 1st gym even. 

#19 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]you pick from the new 3 first from a "friend" then later in the game (dont know when) the professor offers u the gen 1 pkmcampzor

Hmm ok, so long as I don't haver to wait until I have beaten the Elite Four like in Soul Silver... 

#20 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

trugs26

They seemed to speak of it as if it were quite early on. I'd imagine before the 1st gym even. 

Fingers crossed :)

#21 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17572 posts) -
can't wait to have blastoise again
#22 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

can't wait to have blastoise againmrmusicman247

Likewise! Although i am wanting a Venasaur too. Arg I'm going to have to decide :(

#23 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -
Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??
#24 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??AtariKidX

I guess those millions of boring fans :roll:

#25 Posted by bbkkristian (14914 posts) -
No gen 2 starters? :( But Meganium is my favorite pokemon...
#26 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

No gen 2 starters? :( But Meganium is my favorite pokemon...bbkkristian

Meganium is really cool :( . I still think they should have a pokemon game that lets you choose between a numbewr of starting towns in the game, and your choice of which gen of starters varies depending on your choice.

#27 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22358 posts) -
Did they just hint that every pokemon is going to be getting a mega evolution?
#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Did they just hint that every pokemon is going to be getting a mega evolution? Shinobishyguy

I think they were more hinting that they would like to create mega evolutions for every pokemon in the future.

#29 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8702 posts) -

I still can't get over how impressive the visuals are. Especially considering that they have to cram over 700 3D models with their own animations into one cartridge. Since when was Gamefreak a tech wizard?

#30 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

I still can't get over how impressive the visuals are. Especially considering that they have to cram over 700 3D models with their own animations into one cartridge. Since when was Gamefreak a tech wizard?

Pikminmaniac
Shows how Nintendo portables been technologically outdated for many years
#31 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8702 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

ShadowriverUB

Shows how Nintendo portables been technologically outdated for many years

How visually impressive Pokemon X/Y looks shows how Nintendo portables have been technologically outdated for many years? That doesn't make any sense.

#32 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -
Okay, what the **** Nintendo. I HAVE to buy this Nintendo Bank app in order tO use the transfer feature now? That is some pure bull****. I really hope they have another method. I have no use for Pokémon Bank.
#33 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11504 posts) -

Mega Blastoise>>>>>>>>>Them all :cool:

#34 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21431 posts) -
Getting pokemon x.
#35 Posted by nini200 (9467 posts) -
Nintendo failed with paid cloud service. Everything else is decent. I just want to see Jigglypuff's Mega Evolution because I HATE Wigglytuff but LOVE Jigglypuff.
#36 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="campzor"]awful direct PokeBank (fee involved) Mega's (Ugly ones at that)_Matt_

You get a Kalos starter from at the start of the game then when you meet the Professor for the first time you get to choose one of the Generation 1 starters.

#37 Posted by RR360DD (11519 posts) -
Any screens
#38 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Any screensRR360DD
I don't know about screens but here is the first gen mega evolutions trailer.

#39 Posted by bbkkristian (14914 posts) -
Mega Charizard looks so BA. Oh, and I hope the annual fee isn't too hefty for the cloud service...
#40 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -
Mega Charizard looks so BA. Oh, and I hope the annual fee isn't too hefty for the cloud service...bbkkristian
It's only 500 yen a year (around $5) which is fine for Pokémon Bank. I just don't like the transfer feature now being locked behind that paywall for those who don't want or need Pokémon Bank.
#41 Posted by bbkkristian (14914 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Mega Charizard looks so BA. Oh, and I hope the annual fee isn't too hefty for the cloud service...FlamesOfGrey
It's only 500 yen a year (around $5) which is fine for Pokémon Bank. I just don't like the transfer feature now being locked behind that paywall for those who don't want or need Pokémon Bank.

I can't complain, I never had two DS's to make the transfer anyway like in HG/SS > B/W.
#42 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

Disappointed by Charizard's and Venasaur's Mega Evolutions but Blastoise's is really neat.  Might choose him.

#43 Posted by gamerdude970 (357 posts) -

Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??AtariKidX

pokemon boring ????

#44 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

when you think about it, it'll make battles interesting, You're losing a battle, you're down to your last pokemon and he's about to give in when suddenly a spark shines from both you and your pokemon's eyes, a true bond of friendship never fails, MEGAEVOLUTION the one last thing to win the Gym Battle.

Yeah X & Y is going to be great.

That sounds TERRI-bad. In reality, it goes "when suddenly a spark shines from both you and your pokemon's eyes, a true bon..... *SMASH*" YOU'RE DEAD!!

#45 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??gamerdude970

pokemon boring ????

He's a well known Vita fanboy.  Just leave him alone to play his not Pokemon games.

#46 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??gamerdude970

pokemon boring ????

Pokémon is the COD of JRPG's and some people can find that boring.
#47 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerdude970"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??FlamesOfGrey

pokemon boring ????

Except it's better and always has been ;)

#48 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="gamerdude970"]

pokemon boring ????

turtlethetaffer

Except it's better and always has been ;)

It is for you and that's all that matters for you.
#49 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8702 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerdude970"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Pokemon......lol Who play those boring games.....anyway...??FlamesOfGrey

pokemon boring ????

except that pokemon has a ton more depth and strategy to keep it interesting longer. 

#50 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="gamerdude970"]

pokemon boring ????

Pikminmaniac

except that pokemon has a ton more depth and strategy to keep it interesting longer. 

What a person finds interesting is up to them. If you want to go by reviews COD gets the better scores and thus seems to be more interesting to gaming journalists.