New Pikmin 3 Awesome footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by paksiwin (659 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiielCzc3o

can't wait for the release!!

#2 Posted by lunar1122 (687 posts) -

looks good.

#3 Posted by jg4xchamp (49727 posts) -
Pikmin 3 should be legit.
#4 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
"new footage" from december :|
#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26193 posts) -

"New"

Published on Dec 5, 2012

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (23214 posts) -

:shock: I must be honest here, I have never played the series and I think this is the first time I've watched footage of the game and I gotta say, looks like I really dig the game-play seems very ummm, Rare to me. :P

#7 Posted by paksiwin (659 posts) -
yah its kinda old vid but this is beautiful
#9 Posted by Sushiglutton (5466 posts) -
Nintendo at its best, amazing :D!
#10 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9330 posts) -

It's old footage, but still very good. It's definitely the number 1 candidate for my GOTY. Can't wait

#11 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Looks great
#12 Posted by Heil68 (46663 posts) -
Pikmin 3 should be legit. jg4xchamp
yup
yah its kinda old vid but this is beautifulpaksiwin
lol
#13 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18365 posts) -

Beautiful. Also i have no idea what you have to do in this game or what's going on on-screen.

But it looks good. 

#14 Posted by lunar1122 (687 posts) -

as a hermit,  High end Pc and Wii U is the best combo.   Best graphics on pc, and Party games on wii u

#15 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Beautiful. Also i have no idea what you have to do in this game or what's going on on-screen.

But it looks good. 

Bread_or_Decide
explore the world under time constraints (can't stay around at night), throw pikmin to their deaths-- i mean, fight monsters -- tell pikmin to carry stuff to your ship and to pikmin pods (to generate more pikmin). first game you had 30 in-game days to get at least X amount of parts from your spaceship, second game didn't have a time limit, and you had to find stuff to sell (like duracell batteries and 7up bottlecaps) because the company you work for is bankrupt. third game is supposedly more in-line with the first.
#16 Posted by jg4xchamp (49727 posts) -
Mmmm time limit games.
#17 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
Have this on pre-order.
#18 Posted by zmbi_gmr (3577 posts) -

Looks great! Cannot wait for it's release!

#19 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Mmmm time limit games. jg4xchamp
pikmin 1 can be incredibly stressful when you start falling behind your schedule :P multitasking in pikmin is relatively harder, since while it's an RTS, you are also a unit, so you have to physically go to places to tell the pikmin to do something there, and then hope you actually cleared the path they'll go through (better not have left stray monsters to kill your pikmin). that's not to say you shouldn't be multitasking, on the contrary. you should and you will be multitasking, lest you end up progressing too slow and meet a game over screen at the end of the game.
#20 Posted by jg4xchamp (49727 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Mmmm time limit games. BrunoBRS
pikmin 1 can be incredibly stressful when you start falling behind your schedule :P multitasking in pikmin is relatively harder, since while it's an RTS, you are also a unit, so you have to physically go to places to tell the pikmin to do something there, and then hope you actually cleared the path they'll go through (better not have left stray monsters to kill your pikmin). that's not to say you shouldn't be multitasking, on the contrary. you should and you will be multitasking, lest you end up progressing too slow and meet a game over screen at the end of the game.

Yeah and I think dropping it in Pikmin 2 is what killed that game for me. It was good, but I remember loving the sh1t out of Pikmin 1 as a kid.

Then again I'm one of those people that enjoys Majora's Mask and the time limit in Dead Rising. These types of games just don't get made enough that I'm down for any game forcing some stress on the player.

#21 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

You mean "old" footage...

Miyamoto has yet to make a dull game.

Oh wait, Wii Music... hmm...

Game needs some more environments tho. (i.e. snowy, sandy, autumn, ect.; the surface of the moon with different physics or a household or city streets/sewer would be awesome too)

And the controls seem to be designed around the Wiimote.