New MRXMEDIA blog post

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Yet more Xbox One predictions from MRXMEDIA and his insider infromation.

Here is a link to the blog

Linky Pinky

The most interest bit being thus:

Me: "so is there anything about the soc you can tell me?"

Insider: "which part?"

Me: "big smile"

Insider: " the design evolved from a dual soc with what was essentially a 360 core for backwards capability into a single very revolutionary soc that is "layered" that uses a split resource graphics core. One part is a very traditional core or "host" and the other is the guest which does all the heavy lifting." The guest actually has a very small but extremely powerful CPU designed by Samsung. This is unique part of our architecture.

All these great launch titles including ruse don't use the guest. It simply isn't ready until litteraly recently. What you've seen so far is quite simply basic programming 101. Tradional methods with traditional outdated tools. We are getting spanked right now because our memory management is designed to use the guest and host together. We are now on our third version of SDK that is helping with memory management and near weeks away from bringing host and guest together with memory management on autopilot.

Me: " what will be the first game to take advantage of host and guest?"

Insider: "sunset and Quantum for sure. Remedy is doing some mind blowing stuff. You will see! Also

Rare has got 3 games very deep in development besides sports. I can tell you I know kameo 2 is one of them. I heard another perfect dark but not too sure. Lost Odyssey is coming also. We're hoping this and a few others gets us a solid start in Japan. We are really trying to secure some exclusive content with namco as well."

What see ye SW!!!

YAY OR NAY

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Nay, of course, unless you have brain damage. His blog is unintentionally hilarious as always.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

This guy is just getting trolled by his "insiders". Kinda sad but also funny how gullible he is.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Typing one handed with his "insider" in the other.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Lol i would honestly laugh if this was like Don Mattrick or Phil Harrison trolling this guy for the lolz, but other then that he's probably a paranoid schizophrenic

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Didn't Great Phil Spencer deny that another Sakaguchi RPG was being made and they hadn't talked in ages?

God, what a fucking cretin.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shewgenja

I can't wait for NVidia and AMD to start coming out with cards using DDR3 and ESRam because of the MYSTICAL performance gains they will have with DirectX11.224324544325325 powah.. They'll have to start naming their graphics processors after DragonBall characters in order to contain the power!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I am very much looking forward to Sunset Overdrive. Insomniac is a lovely developer.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5874 Posts

I think there is an element of truth to this. SDK updates are making big leaps in getting more out of the console.

Time will tell.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shewgenja

@tdkmillsy said:

I think there is an element of truth to this. SDK updates are making big leaps in getting more out of the console.

Time will tell.

The XBone's firmware has been notoriously behind schedule. Hell, Crytek needed Microsoft to essentially program the fucking thing in order to get Ryse to run stable.

Being behind schedule due to ineptitude does not equal hidden power.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 always_explicit

@Heil68 said:

I am very much looking forward to Sunset Overdrive. Insomniac is a lovely developer.

You are lovely.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

that's a biggie.

if any of this is true. the guest/host shii...the 3 games by Rare...Namco game...Lost Odyssey...Kameo 2...if any of this is true...wow. lems will have some fun with cows this gen.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Typing one handed with his "insider" in the other.

Lmao, so much this.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

All talk, that's all it is.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

When this guy is proven right someday the crow that will be eaten by Cows will be legendary :)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@shawn30 said:

When this guy is proven right someday the crow that will be eaten by Cows will be legendary :)

The fact lemmings believe these unsubstantiated claims from an unproven insider is just beyond hilarious.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

You are lovely.

Oh, you are just being a cheeky devil.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#18 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@shawn30 said:

1.1 teraflop machine be called next gen is legendary

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

The fact lemmings believe these unsubstantiated claims from an unproven insider is just beyond hilarious.

This guy reeks of brilliance and someday the world will know and have to apologize to him. Its obvious. His claims will be substantiated someday... say around E3 :)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReadingRainbow4

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

This guy reeks of brilliance and someday the world will know and have to apologize to him. Its obvious. His claims will be substantiated someday... say around E3 :)

All he reeks of is broken english and fanboyism.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 always_explicit

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

Maybe its Tormentos alter ego.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ReadingRainbow4

@always_explicit said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

Maybe its Tormentos alter ego.

lol.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tymeservesfate

@leandrro: @GrenadeLauncher: @ReadingRainbow4: @Shewgenja: complaining about lems taking interest in this when cows have hype n hyperboled less...a lot less, lol.

@Wasdie said:

cows(and apparently mods)...hoping.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

****Facepalm ... you truly are a very special child

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@tymeservesfate said:

@leandrro: @GrenadeLauncher: @ReadingRainbow4: @Shewgenja: complaining about lems taking interest in this when cows have hype n hyperboled less...a lot less, lol.

@Wasdie said:

Actually I find it funnier that people are still clinging to these rumors and the notion of "secret power" in an x86-64 processor with a pretty standard GPU. There is none. Get over it. You'll see devs more efficiently utilizing the hardware, but there is a limit that will be hit sooner than you think.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

People shouldn't give that guy any attention.

@shawn30 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

You cannot be serious...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shewgenja

Are there any lems on this board with a shred of fucking sense? Mark my words, this MisterX guy is the biggest Cow on God's green Earth and you lems are falling for it.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tymeservesfate

@Wasdie said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Wasdie said:

Actually I find it funnier that people are still clinging to these rumors and the notion of "secret power" in an x86-64 processor with a pretty standard GPU. There is none. Get over it. You'll see devs more efficiently utilizing the hardware, but there is a limit that will be hit sooner than you think.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

get over it? with all the 1080p threads floating around here, lems should get over it...?? when the ps4 only has a few 1080p games themselves. or even that nonsense cows try and play up about the XB1 is struggling now because of the pricedrop in EU lol. saying the second best selling console in gaming history is struggling is fine, really? those tons of NeoGaf rumor threads...all fine? but one positive rumor about the XB1 and the LEMS are the ones that should get over it, and stop any optimism? O_o

idk Wasdie, i don't see you telling many cows to get over their nonsense...ever. in fact i mostly only see you defend Sony and PC while trying to make lems, "get over" anything positive for their platform lol. ur a great mod that's been around for a long time, but cmon.

a regular cow or hermit it'd be F it...but ur a mod. its jarring lol.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

idk Wasdie, i don't see you telling many cows to get over their nonsense...ever. in fact i mostly only see you defend Sony and PC while trying to make lems, "get over" anything positive for their platform lol. ur a great mod that's been around for a long time, but cmon.

You should read more of Wasdie's posts then I'm thinking ... lol

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@tymeservesfate: I really don't care about which console is more powerful, I just don't like seeing bullshit tossed around.

I'm telling you to not get your hopes up. It's not my fault when you are disappointed in a year or two when the Xbox One continues to be behind the PS4 and both consoles stagnate greatly compared to the PC versions of the same games.

Taking the Xbox One vs. PS4 hardware debate too seriously is really going to dampen your enjoyment of video games. I experienced it myself when I was back in middle school and early high school myself. I found that I was spending more time arguing about games and game console than just enjoying them.

So please don't think I'm taking sides. I'm just calling BS out when I see it. I do for all platforms equally. There's just been a lot more rumors and straight up misinformation about the Xbox One lately.

I only come here because ultimately the system war is a subjective issue and it's interesting and fun seeing the differences of opinions, discussion strategies of the various companies, and analyzing a market that I actively participate in. I'm in it for the games. Whoever has the best games will have my money. That's why I bought a 360 last gen way before a PS3 and that's why I'll probably end up with an Xbox One eventually.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tymeservesfate

@blue_hazy_basic: yea maybe...i just keep noticing him though. i hate coming at the guy like that. he seems cool.

@Wasdie said:

@tymeservesfate: I really don't care about which console is more powerful, I just don't like seeing bullshit tossed around.

I'm telling you to not get your hopes up. It's not my fault when you are disappointed in a year or two when the Xbox One continues to be behind the PS4 and both consoles stagnate greatly compared to the PC versions of the same games.

Taking the Xbox One vs. PS4 hardware debate too seriously is really going to dampen your enjoyment of video games. I experienced it myself when I was back in middle school and early high school myself. I found that I was spending more time arguing about games and game console than just enjoying them.

So please don't think I'm taking sides. I'm just calling BS out when I see it. I do for all platforms equally. There's just been a lot more rumors and straight up misinformation about the Xbox One lately.

I only come here because ultimately the system war is a subjective issue and it's interesting and fun seeing the differences of opinions, discussion strategies of the various companies, and analyzing a market that I actively participate in. I'm in it for the games. Whoever has the best games will have my money. That's why I bought a 360 last gen way before a PS3 and that's why I'll probably end up with an Xbox One eventually.

ok, that's fair. cautiously optimistic then. really didnt mean any offense with my post Wasdie. its just been something that's been on my mind. but i accept and agree with ur post...thanks for writing back.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By always_explicit

I think out of all the MRXMEDIA posts this is the most believable. Quite what it is we are waiting for I dont know.

I have faith in the secret sauce.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Nay, by default. It's MisterXMedia, also lol @people posting his blog posts, I thought that was my thing :(.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 misterpmedia

@Wasdie said:

Not just talk, friend, waiting as well...lot's of waiting the Xbone is waiting silently to Skynet into action and become a 5 SOCed monster with liquid nitrogen in the power brick to cool that mother down.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I don't know why people are attracted to this guy's blog?Almost everything he has writing on that blog site in the last year or so is false or will be false soon.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows believe Cboat, Famousmortimor and Thuway. They are always wrong but cows still worship them like gods. Misterxmedia is the Xbox version so he automatically must be dismissed as a laughable lunatic.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows believe Cboat, Famousmortimor and Thuway. They are always wrong but cows still worship them like gods. Misterxmedia is the Xbox version so he automatically must be dismissed as a laughable lunatic.

The only insider out of those three is Cboat which is in danger right now on gaf. The other two are not really insiders. And MisterXMedia knows next to nothing about the xbox one.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 misterpmedia

@super600 said:

I don't know why people are attracted to this guy's blog?Almost everything he has writing on that blog site in the last year or so is false or will be false soon.

It's the continuation of the delusion that's fascinating. For everything bad that happens to the 'bone, insider has an answer! :P(big smile)

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 always_explicit

@getyeryayasout said:

I'd like to know the source for this sauce.

I would like to know the source of your sauce.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dire_Weasel

@getyeryayasout said:

His own ass. His "insider sources" are just facets of his own split personality.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja

What's so hard for people to understand here? If there was a way to get this awesome untapped performance out of a graphics device using DDR3 and some arbitrary amount of local cache, then the big video card makers would be all over this.

What's so hard to understand when Microsofts own system architects say, point blank, that high end graphics performance wasn't their goal when designing the XBone?

Here's the music. Straight hip-hop. Lems swore upon their mothers graves this thing would not be a TV box and it is a TV box. Lems then swore that there is no way the PS4 could be that much better, but all evidence suggests that it is. Meanwhile, Microsoft went in with a head full of steam saying such fuckery like "XBox is about entertainment" and tried to rebrand themselves as bigger than gaming itself all the while gamers came out and torched them.

Lems and MS have had no choice but to change their tune and this blatant obfuscation of what the XBone really is is simply lip service to try to cover for their goddamn mistakes. Anyone buying into the "secret sauce" is a fucking tool and a disgrace to human intellect. It's really that simple. Go pick up a copy of George Orwell's 1984 because you are not going to double-think the facts away. **** yourself.. With a rake.. Sideways.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Misterxmedia is a laughable lunatic.

CBOAT has been right in the past but he's clearly no longer a valid source. The other two guys have a mixed track record, but none of them has been stupid enough to come up with something as ridiculous as a "hidden GPU" on a console, and none of them are "worshipped like gods". Hyperbole much?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By misterpmedia

@getyeryayasout said:

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Any person that believes him is either mentally Ill or so pathetic and desperate.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tymeservesfate

@tyloss said:

Any person that believes him is either mentally Ill or so pathetic and desperate.

isnt that more ur m/o though lol?

@Shewgenja said:

What's so hard for people to understand here? If there was a way to get this awesome untapped performance out of a graphics device using DDR3 and some arbitrary amount of local cache, then the big video card makers would be all over this.

What's so hard to understand when Microsofts own system architects say, point blank, that high end graphics performance wasn't their goal when designing the XBone?

Here's the music. Straight hip-hop. Lems swore upon their mothers graves this thing would not be a TV box and it is a TV box. Lems then swore that there is no way the PS4 could be that much better, but all evidence suggests that it is. Meanwhile, Microsoft went in with a head full of steam saying such fuckery like "XBox is about entertainment" and tried to rebrand themselves as bigger than gaming itself all the while gamers came out and torched them.

Lems and MS have had no choice but to change their tune and this blatant obfuscation of what the XBone really is is simply lip service to try to cover for their goddamn mistakes. Anyone buying into the "secret sauce" is a fucking tool and a disgrace to human intellect. It's really that simple. Go pick up a copy of George Orwell's 1984 because you are not going to double-think the facts away. **** yourself.. With a rake.. Sideways.

my God, a lot of crying cows in here all the sudden lmao. this rumor has y'all scared to death huh?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shewgenja

@tymeservesfate said:

my God, a lot of crying cows in here all the sudden lmao. this rumor has y'all scared to death huh?

Rumor? Let's get this nipped in the bud.. It's not a rumor if only one source is running it. What it is is science fiction being spewed from the fingertips of a moron for morons to follow.

What's to be scared of? Three year old laptops have shared memory GPUs, dude. DDR3? Not even in your wildest dreams will this system be relevant in four years down the road let alone amazing us with anything technical. The only magic hidden power to be found here is Microsofts amazing (I do mean, truly mystifying) ability to make you guys forget everything they talked about prior to that complete **** up of a reveal they had for this thing.

In that regard, I am truly in awe and frightfully worried that... you may be missing a chromosome.