New MP Gameplay vid of Modern Warfare 2.. Very disappointing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

http://www.n4g.com/News-424383.aspxWOW when people where complaining about this game being the same thing i just kind of blew it off as just pointless claims. But after watching this video i see now exactly what they are talking about.. This game is the same game! the voice over sounds a bit different but other than that this is the same thing! Im strongly considering now to join those gamers and not purchasing this game and wait for Bad company 2. Especially how the Bad Company 2 beta comes out on the PS3 in 2 weeks and i can just play that for a while.

Im sorry but nothing about this game is impressive at all. It will be the next GTA IV.. great reviews from everyone but will disappoint gamers greatly.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#2 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

The game can't change much in terms of gameplay. The gameplay/leveling system made COD4 huge. I mean even look at WAW. It had such a similar MP just with WW painted on instead. They will go with the same gameplay with minor tweaks until some other game comes out and blows it away. Im honestly hoping that the COD craze will force Halo Reach to be a different game in every way.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yeah, I'll rent it for the campaign, I doubt the MP will take a lot of skill either.:P What kind of games gives you a health boost for 10 seconds after dying a few times?

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

any game with a handicap for those that die to many times consecutively is far too casual.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

It looks like Cod4 with more crap jumping up on your screen when you kill someone. Ah well at least it's running smooth on PS3.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
The blood effect is crap, why does he get blood on his face for dropping?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

It looks great to me. I don't see the problem or the "dissapointing" aspect to it.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

any game with a handicap for those that die to many times consecutively is far too casual.

12345678ew

It is more fun when teams are even so this is very good thing. Casual or not doesn't matter it is for the better...

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Every sequal is pretty much the same as the first game.

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
The blood effect is crap, why does he get blood on his face for dropping?Next-Gen-Tec
nit. pick.
kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

I do agree with the TC, but it is to be expected.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

Every sequal is pretty much the same as the first game.

Avian005

This is incorrect. I will pull warcraft 2 and 3 from my hat.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
Anyone else amazed by how fast you can reload a mg in that game?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espada12

Anyone else amazed by how fast you can reload a mg in that game?Franko_3

Might be seight of hand or w/e that perk is called.

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

Anyone else amazed by how fast you can reload a mg in that game?Franko_3

I think it's a perk similar to the Sleight of Hand.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Avian005

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

Mostsequal is pretty much the same as the first game.

Espada12

This is incorrect. I will pull warcraft 2 and 3 from my hat.

Ok, most sequals.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

I'm disappointed in the people saying that they are disappointed.

Did you expect them to reinvent the wheel with this game? It's shooting people..not a whole lot of room for changes. If you expected much more than new maps, guns, and small gameplay tweaks then you were expecting too much to begin with.

The game looks great to me. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be disappointed with...but since the TC directly mentions Battlefield, i'll assume his motives are mor political.

For the record, I dont see how Battlefield looks much different than the previous game.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
It's fun to bash popular games. I think the vid looks awesome. AAA for sure.
Avatar image for Mitjastiskovski
Mitjastiskovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mitjastiskovski
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts

Very disapointing considering IW had two years to develop this game. Hell they already had the game engine sorted and multiplayer looks and feels very familiar. Even the voice at the start of the multiplayer is basicly the same as in COD 4. What they hell have they being doing for the last two years....

Feels to me like COD 4 with very small improvements if you can even call them that considoring the PC version.

I am disapointed not buying this game, especially as I am a PC gamer.

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
OMG Why did they use the ps3 version of the game in their demo! ! It's so unfair cuz ms paiz so much!! :roll: (reference to the guy whining about videos showing 360)
Furzjodler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Furzjodler
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts

What did you expect its still MW after all =/ And to me it doesn't look like the people actually playing the game are disappointed, the lobbies i were in didn't sound very disappointed.

I saw that there were 20.000 people on PSN today and the game hasn't even been released yet.

I just love this game, but then again i never played MW1 for years like some people here did and i didn't overplay this gameplay yet.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Avian005

Shouldn't this thread be locked by now? There is an official MW2 sticky.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
Looks great, can't wait
MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

Played it on my friend's 360 already. It pretty much is the same with better textures and a lot more cluster**** 'streak' moves. Basically if you like to continually flank spawn get flanked flank spawn blow up flank flank, and pretty much run the same routine as before with new perks and guns, you'll like the MP, but if you weren't pulled in by CoD4, this won't do it either.

Avatar image for VideoGameRosado
VideoGameRosado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VideoGameRosado
Member since 2003 • 1264 Posts

It's all right. I mean, I have the game.. got it early and played online and I tell you this much, it's actually pretty fun. Except for one thing, the game.....is beyond easy. As others have stated, theres death streaks for christ sake, there's literally "NO" recoil at all which makes killing easy (fully automatic from 500 yards results in a easy headshot), there's intense magnatism/autoaim, perks have gotten more nooby, etc. Theres so much more, i only scratched the surface. However, It's still fun. I just wouldn't take it seriously competitively since the game is a noobfest.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Looks EXACTLY the same as the first. Also looks quite bad and boring. Blood effects on the face look stupid as hell, too.
0diablo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 0diablo0
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

Go ahead and complain and bash all you want, but when i get my copy on tuesday, ill have a lot of fun playing it. I dont give a rats ass if its casual or not realistic enough. If its fun, nothing else matters. And thats a true gamers philosophy.

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts

[QUOTE="12345678ew"]

aroxx_ab

It is more fun when teams are even so this is very good thing. Casual or not doesn't matter it is for the better...

I agree with you that matches with evenly matched players are better, especially when everyone is giving 100% (I want to give a shout out to all my boys who play Uncharted with me. Thankyou for helping me enjoy these matches!) but when it gets cheap, like I think MW2 will be, then its not fun. I love when the match is so close that it could go either way until the final seconds, but when somebody runs straight for the Grenade Launcher/RPG/Other uber weapon it ruins the game. "WTH, I almost planted that grenade, then that ******* blows me and my team covering me with an RPG.

I want to win for my skill and the skill of my team, not FIRST TO THE NOOB TOOB (i know the spelling) WINS. No, its not fun.

MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MajorGamer531

Go ahead and complain and bash all you want, but when i get my copy on tuesday, ill have a lot of fun playing it. I dont give a rats ass if its casual or not realistic enough. If its fun, nothing else matters. And thats a true gamers philosophy.

0diablo0

Didn't occur to you that casual kills might not be fun for some people. Some people like more difficult and competitive games. It's just about taste.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

looks every bit as shallow and repetitive as CoD4. Man i wish the definitive online war shooter weren't so far away :(

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
It's fun to bash popular games. I think the vid looks awesome. AAA for sure.madmidnight
this^. But seriously. What are people expecting. All I want are just some few adjustments in the mp, a couple new weapons, and all new maps. The reason you usually buy sequels is because you liked the predecessor. Changing the COD formula would disappoint all the millions of people who play 4 and Waw. Sequels are mean to expand and improve. Which is exactly what this game is doing. Usually they only reinvent the game when its broken or losing popularity.(cod definitely isn't) And the sp will most likely be similar too. Very short, but action packed and ridiculously exciting levels. And don't forget the co-op.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts
Looks EXACTLY the same as the first. Also looks quite bad and boring. Blood effects on the face look stupid as hell, too.aaronmullan
lol, strawberry jelly.
Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

Ok for everyone that is saying "its only sequel, it cant improve much" that is complete and utter BS.. even Infinity Ward admitted to turning down a bigger budget to make the game different.. Prime example is Bad Company 2, BC2 looks to be miles better graphically than Bad Company, Dice went out of their way to create a more photo realistic shooter and add a lot more newness to the experience.. this game will be the same thing, Call of duty will become the Madden of FPS, quote me on that.. new ones will come out every year and casuals will continue to buy in

MJ4040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MJ4040
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

http://www.n4g.com/News-424383.aspxWOW when people where complaining about this game being the same thing i just kind of blew it off as just pointless claims. But after watching this video i see now exactly what they are talking about.. This game is the same game! the voice over sounds a bit different but other than that this is the same thing! Im strongly considering now to join those gamers and not purchasing this game and wait for Bad company 2. Especially how the Bad Company 2 beta comes out on the PS3 in 2 weeks and i can just play that for a while.

Im sorry but nothing about this game is impressive at all. It will be the next GTA IV.. great reviews from everyone but will disappoint gamers greatly.

I was actually going to consider buying this game (and I really dont like COD games), but I probably wont after seeing that. I am also really disapointed in how the graphics looked in that vid too.
MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MajorGamer531

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

MJ4040

I was actually going to consider buying this game (and I really dont like COD games), but I probably wont after seeing that. I am also really disapointed in how the graphics looked in that vid too.

All they did was up the texturing.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Seems like CoD4 with more junk flying around in the sky, and on the HUD.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
It looks exactly like Cod 4, but this time with blood drippings which I don't see possible Looks like juice mhmmmmm..
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

It's all right. I mean, I have the game.. got it early and played online and I tell you this much, it's actually pretty fun. Except for one thing, the game.....is beyond easy. As others have stated, theres death streaks for christ sake, there's literally "NO" recoil at all which makes killing easy (fully automatic from 500 yards results in a easy headshot), there's intense magnatism/autoaim, perks have gotten more nooby, etc. Theres so much more, i only scratched the surface. However, It's still fun. I just wouldn't take it seriously competitively since the game is a noobfest.

VideoGameRosado

To be fair, there is No "autoaim" in the game. A bit of Magnetism, no doubt. But that's aim assit, and it's very subtle in the game. Aside from Halo, CoDis one of the few console FPS where you cannot turn it off. Kind of bothers me because sometimes if someone runs through you're LOF (Line of Fire for those without the military terms) it will pull a little towards them, as long as it's an enemy. I suppose it's not a huge deal though. Far better than seeing GTA/Crackdown like autoaim...which is true autoaim. Though both were optional in use as well.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

I don't mind there are not major changes, why mess with success? Also the throwing knife looks like some fun!

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#41 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

Hating on popular games is fun ;)

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points