New Mighty Nr. 9 gameplay footage and new character

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72277 posts) -

Link

#2 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17215 posts) -

Dat music. I want this game now!

Oh, and dashing seems even more powerful than Zero's OP one from X5. After watching it again, it looks like you can duck shots, so it has the pros of Mega Man's sliding too.

#3 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5634 posts) -

They could at least made it less of a Mega Man clone...

#4 Edited by foxhound_fox (88691 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Why? Inafune wanted to make another Mega Man game... Capcom wouldn't let him... so he left Capcom and crowd-funded one. He just needed to keep it from breaching copyright.

#5 Posted by General_Solo76 (230 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: maybe if Nintendo buys Capcom, we can have all the Mega Man, Ghosts & Goblins etc we can handle :)

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72277 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

It's by the creator of Megaman...

#7 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5634 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Why? Inafune wanted to make another Mega Man game... Capcom wouldn't let him... so he left Capcom and crowd-funded one. He just needed to keep it from breaching copyright.

You're right...

@The_Last_Ride said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I knew that.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72277 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93: Then why are you ripping on the game?

#9 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

That looks pretty good, will keep my eye out for it.

#10 Edited by nini200 (9824 posts) -

Loving what I'm seeing and if that is a Roll clone, I am SOLD. I love me some Roll lol

#11 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

If they let me play as that Roll clone, I will buy the game.

#12 Edited by Gue1 (10195 posts) -

the game's looking really shitty. I always thought Inafune had no talent and this pretty much confirms it. Ever since I played Mega Man X5 I knew the guy couldn't have been the creator of Mega Man.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

except that he isn't. His mentor created mega man inspired by astro boy and that same idea was the one that gave birth to metroid. But it's not like metroid was inspired by megaman, but that both games started from the same premise during a drinking night because Inaunfe's mentor and the metroid creator were good friends. I don't know their names because they are never mentioned since most of the media still believes that Inafune's the father of MM.

And yeah, Miyamoto wasn't the creator of metroid like many people believe either.

#13 Edited by jg4xchamp (48345 posts) -

I love the music.

Down to play this. Been playing some Shovel Knight lately, that game is awesome.

#14 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25552 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Not like we're getting one from Capcom anytime soon.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72277 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I love the music.

Down to play this. Been playing some Shovel Knight lately, that game is awesome.

You've got to wait a year though

#16 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

Keen to play this!

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (88691 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

@foxhound_fox: maybe if Nintendo buys Capcom, we can have all the Mega Man, Ghosts & Goblins etc we can handle :)

Now wouldn't that just be a dream come true.

There have been some rumblings that Capcom are looking to sell their majority and be absorbed. Their IP catalogue would cement the future of Nintendo's success.

#18 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26574 posts) -

I remember the contest for the call design and I thought this was a pretty bad choice and still do.

#19 Edited by drummerdave9099 (746 posts) -

I love the music!

#20 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

Eh, ho-hum for me. But I will live with a knock-off Megaman as long as there's something of that kind out in the open market again.

#21 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1345 posts) -

Looks alright, nothing amazing just average really.

#22 Edited by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -

Getting strong Megaman 2 vibes from this.

....it's making me wet.

#23 Posted by m_machine024 (15017 posts) -

Music is the best part. The rest looks just ok. Not feeling it too much.

#24 Edited by Sollet (7395 posts) -

Can't wait for this XD already got copy thanks to funding it.

#25 Posted by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

She should work at McDonald's.

#26 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

the game's looking really shitty. I always thought Inafune had no talent and this pretty much confirms it. Ever since I played Mega Man X5 I knew the guy couldn't have been the creator of Mega Man.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

except that he isn't. His mentor created mega man inspired by astro boy and that same idea was the one that gave birth to metroid. But it's not like metroid was inspired by megaman, but that both games started from the same premise during a drinking night because Inaunfe's mentor and the metroid creator were good friends. I don't know their names because they are never mentioned since most of the media still believes that Inafune's the father of MM.

And yeah, Miyamoto wasn't the creator of metroid like many people believe either.

Where did you read this shit?

Few people have said that Miyamoto was the creator of Metroid, not as much as you claim. If anything, that "many" you speak of are badgering Miyamoto (or for that matter, Retro Studios, which makes matters worse) for a new Metroid because Yoshio Sakamoto is REALLY not on good terms with the Metroid fanbase after Other M.

#27 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9827 posts) -

look pretty meh... and I dont understand why you people are "loving" the music (must be a Megaman nostalgia thing)

#28 Posted by Ghost120x (3909 posts) -

Looking good but nothing revolutionary. The reason shovel knight is getting so much praise is because it used the nostalgia, but at the same time, it has its own unique style that sets it a part from the older games the team got inspiration from.