New leaked The Order 1886. Welcome to next gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Out of all of the exclusives that have been shown, The Order 1886 is the one that undeniably feels next gen.

how would u know how it feels? it doesnt even have a release date yet lol. from whats been seen it looks totally linear and generic in gameplay. stop the hyperbole...the game is not that impressive yet, lol.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#402  Edited By bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Looks like Killzone in the 19th Century.

Is it just me, or is there more to quality graphics than washed out colour palates and motion blur?

Oh, I forgot, I'm talking to consolites here.

It's not even the same perspective - Killzone didn't have foggy grey environments since the 2nd now. Nor does killzone gameplay have any predominant QTEs. I am not seeing the comparison you are trying to enforce here.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#403 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

I'm a consolite but you know, I like colour :)

Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, Super Mario Galaxy, Borderlands, Ni no Kuni etc etc

Anyway, graphics look good, gameplay looks pretty boring though.

There's consolites and there's gamers (who play games because they are fun, not because they look better than the previous generation of console games).

You don't strike me as a consolite.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#404 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@tymeservesfate said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Out of all of the exclusives that have been shown, The Order 1886 is the one that undeniably feels next gen.

how would u know how it feels? it doesnt even have a release date yet lol. from whats been seen it looks totally linear and generic in gameplay. stop the hyperbole...the game is not that impressive yet, lol.

I don't know if it'll be good. My point is that it gives me the sense of a next gen game.

Ex.

Infamous Second Son looks impressive but it feels more like previous Infamous games on steroids. (which isn't a bad thing)

The Order 1886 is a new IP, so that helps, but it doesn't feel like anything from last gen.

The graphical fidelity, the blur between cinematics and gameplay etc. all make it feel next gen.

btw, "linear" and "generic" have no effect on my perspective of things as I find them so over used that they don't mean anything to me.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I don't know if it'll be good. My point is that it gives me the sense of a next gen game.

Ex.

Infamous Second Son looks impressive but it feels more like previous Infamous games on steroids. (which isn't a bad thing)

The Order 1886 is a new IP, so that helps, but it doesn't feel like anything from last gen.

The graphical fidelity, the blur between cinematics and gameplay etc. all make it feel next gen.

btw, "linear" and "generic" have no effect on my perspective of things as I find them so over used that they don't mean anything to me.

i get u better now but i really don't see how any videos of the new Infamous looks like Infamous on steroids besides the graphics being better. the gameplay looks LARGELY the same. you can't even swim in the game still IGN said.

The Order has only shown tiny corridor tpshooting like a Gears of War game, and QTEs. and Uncharted/Last of Us transitioned cutscenes into gameplay almost as well in my opinion. so i can't really ride along with that statement either.

and i really can't see how linear and generic can't be issues to you when cows in here are saying how next gen these games "feel"/are. next gen is a new and better feeling in games, gameplay included(gameplay actually should be in the forefront)...linear and generic is not new and better. next gen is not just prettier graphics.

no offense, ur post seems to be making a lot of excuses for these games.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#406 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@super600 said:

@devakie said:

OMG it looks beyond amazing, this simply cannot be done on the Xbox, only on PS4

Hi daveekh.

Now its a worthwhile thread. I missed daveekh.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said: