New leaked The Order 1886. Welcome to next gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

tiny corridors > Check

cover shooter (in 1886 no less, lol) > Check

quick time events > Check

button prompts > Check

30 fps > Check

lmao.

#302 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

So much DC ITT

#305 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@The_Stand_In said:

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

And to think it looks this good with still quite a few more months of polish to go. We're talking fall here. Lot's of time to cure all the nitpicks.

Fail? You are raising the game above the rest so I am putting it up against the best. Sorry if some of it doesn't measure up (at this time based on this particular shot).

I'm regretting making this picture. A lot of you got the point, and for that I thank you. But as usual, the rabid PS4 fanboys missed it entirely as they seem to be unable to take any sort of criticism at all without bursting into tears.

Ahahaa dat bad reading and overreacting. Why so sensitive?

#306 Edited by Evo_nine (1634 posts) -

* Accepts "next gen" welcome, walks into room

* Sees that next gen is simply last gen movie corridor shooter, no multiplayer, black bars, qte's and crappy bricks

* Walks out of room and loads up titanfall

#307 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@The_Stand_In said:

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

And to think it looks this good with still quite a few more months of polish to go. We're talking fall here. Lot's of time to cure all the nitpicks.

Fail? You are raising the game above the rest so I am putting it up against the best. Sorry if some of it doesn't measure up (at this time based on this particular shot).

I'm regretting making this picture. A lot of you got the point, and for that I thank you. But as usual, the rabid PS4 fanboys missed it entirely as they seem to be unable to take any sort of criticism at all without bursting into tears.

please learn to read your post makes no sense because of this important skill needed to join discussions online. What you did was point out flaws, what I said is that this game comes out probably august or later this year. Lots and lots of time for the devs to iron out kinks. You expected it to be ready now? If it were it would be launching next month. Derp.

#309 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

* Sees that next gen is simply last gen movie corridor shooter, no multiplayer, black bars, qte's and crappy bricks

on pc or xbox 720

#310 Edited by nervmeister (15181 posts) -

tiny corridors > Check

cover shooter (in 1886 no less, lol) > Check

quick time events > Check

button prompts > Check

30 fps > Check

lmao.

Okay. Looks like that means Quantum Break will be complete and utter shit then.

#311 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

what other game did Xbox have at the time like Gears, that was gritty n realistic, that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

GRAW. It was the first cover shooter released for the 360 afaik. Was originally set to be a 360 launch game but was delayed. Came out in winter of 2006. Gears is gritty but far from realistic. GRAW is both gritty and realistic.

it was also multiplat...-_-

And? What's your point? My point is that Gears didn't start a revolution, it was simply a part of the revolution. Cover systems would be standard for 3rd person shooters today regardless of Gears.

The pc version of GRAW was 1st person and used leaning instead of a cover system btw.

#312 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@The_Stand_In said:

Graphics are more likely to get downgraded during the latter stages of development. Crysis, Oblivion and Far cry 3 are some good examples.

#313 Edited by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

Next-gen: where you have to letterbox your games to make them look good.

What are we looking at? Something comparable to 900p if you stop counting the 500k+ pixels that stay black the entire time? @ 30 FPS? (obviously not comparable in PPI, but that's not the point)

PC could've done something like this in 2010. How sad.

#314 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

LMFAO, if you think titanfail is more impressive than the order.

BRB 720p, no co-op, no singleplayer, bad textures and graphics, superior on PC,...

Have fun with titanfail on Xbone 720p lemming. LOL

#315 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

BRB 720p, no co-op, no singleplayer, bad textures and graphics, superior on PC,...

One good mp game is worth 10 good sp games. A good mp game can give 100's of hours of entertainment. How many times can you replay a good sp game?

#316 Posted by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

what other game did Xbox have at the time like Gears, that was gritty n realistic, that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

GRAW. It was the first cover shooter released for the 360 afaik. Was originally set to be a 360 launch game but was delayed. Came out in winter of 2006. Gears is gritty but far from realistic. GRAW is both gritty and realistic.

And? What's your point? My point is that Gears didn't start a revolution, it was simply a part of the revolution. Cover systems would be standard for 3rd person shooters today regardless of Gears.

The pc version of GRAW was 1st person and used leaning instead of a cover system btw.

i think you have no idea what you're talking about, ur confused. we're talking about Gear's, a tps, cover system that Uncharted "borrowed". GRAW wasnt even a fuckin third person shooter...its a FIRST person shooter. so it doesnt even have a place in this discussion about Uncharted/Gears. also, Gears of War DID start a revolution. after its release all, most, tps used a variation of its cover system...even to this day. besides, u can't say what would have happened if Gears wasnt made...u don't know. that's pure speculation. Epic and Gears came up with the formula that worked and tps games have been using it every since. just like Halo did with fps on consoles. give credit where its due. so yea, don't even know wtf you are talking about and have no place in this conversation.

#317 Posted by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

i think you have no idea what you're talking about, ur confused. we're talking about Gear's, a tps, cover system that Uncharted "borrowed". GRAW wasnt even a fuckin third person shooter...its a FIRST person shooter. so it doesnt even have a place in this discussion about Uncharted/Gears. also, Gears of War DID start a revolution. after its release all, most, tps used a variation of its cover system...even to this day. besides, u can't say what would have happened if Gears wasnt made...u don't know. that's pure speculation. Epic and Gears came up with the formula that worked and tps games have been using it every since. just like Halo did with fps on consoles. give credit where its due. so yea, don't even know wtf you are talking about and have no place in this conversation.

GRAW on 360 WAS a Third person shooter.

also rainbow six vegas released around the same time as gears and also had cover elements, it snapped to third person when you were in cover.

#318 Edited by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

also rainbow six vegas released around the same time as gears and also had cover elements, it snapped to third person when you were in cover.

so ur saying contrary to popular opinion that GRAW, along with Rainbow Six, were the games that revolutionized tps shooters cover system and NOT Gears. that's what you're saying? because the games had very different styles.

last time i step in when a user is curb stomping ur ass in a thread again smh lol.

#319 Edited by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

so ur saying contrary to popular opinion that GRAW, along with Rainbow Six, were the games that revolutionized tps shooters cover system and NOT Gears. that's what you're saying?

last time i step in when a user is curb stomping ur ass in a thread again smh lol.

no, that's not what i am saying. GRAW was a third person shooter. Gears' was definitely the go-to style for cover system for sure. It also really popularised the horde mode, which is present in so many games now.

also, i dont think i've been curbstomped

#320 Posted by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@sts106mat said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

so ur saying contrary to popular opinion that GRAW, along with Rainbow Six, were the games that revolutionized tps shooters cover system and NOT Gears. that's what you're saying?

no, that's not what i am saying. GRAW was a third person shooter. Gears' was definitely the go-to style for cover system for sure. It also really popularised the horde mode, which is present in so many games now.

well thats the discussion....or was the discussion before the thread got put back on track. neither GRAW or Rainbow Six had a playing style very similar to Gears or Uncharted. they were tps but had different playing styles than Gears, as well as what Uncharted turned out to have. so they're just games being added into the discussion that shouldnt be. they're mucking things up. especially since they're both multiplats anyway(GRAW/ps2-GRAW2/ps3). so why would Sony say they want games like the games, they already have, coming their their system. they clearly were talking about Gears because it was the itso-facto "Xbox game" at the time they wanted Naughty Dog to take inspiration from.

unless u feel like Uncharted plays like GRAW and Rainbow Six then i'm not sure why...etc

#321 Edited by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

Still doesn't look as good as Ryse a launch game on Xbox One.

#322 Posted by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

few games look as good as Ryse though, lets be fair.

#323 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

You speak as if Gears was the first game with a cover system. Uncharteds cover system felt more like Manhunt from 2003. How do you borrow from Gears when Gears didn't invent the cover system? Gears used a variation of Killswitch and Manhunts cover system.

GRAW is a 3rd person cover shooter on 360.

Killswitch, Manhunt, Rogue Trooper, GRAW all came out before Gears and all had a cover formula that worked. All Gears did was add the slide to cover. There was even a James Bond game in 2004 that had a pretty good cover system.

Gears is basically the mall level from Manhunt stretched out to 8 hours.

#324 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@sts106mat said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

w they're mucking things up. especially since they're both multiplats anyway(GRAW/ps2-GRAW2/ps3).

GRAW is an fps on PS 2.

#325 Posted by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -
#326 Edited by jsmoke03 (12743 posts) -

looks nice but lets just hope its not as buggy and theres a lil more variety than qte's and cover shooting. if not, this game is gonna flop

#327 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

Thats it? Judging by your join date I thought you'd have known more about the evolution of 3rd person shooters and know not to bring up fps games in a tps discussion. I usually try to be civil in my discussion here but you're just being a dick.

Killswitch gets way too much credit btw. Manhunt came out just weeks later and was not only a great stealth game but it's cover shooting mechanics were arguably better than Killswitches.

#328 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Whole lotta quoting up in hurr.

#329 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Evo_nine said:

One good mp game is worth 10 good sp games. A good mp game can give 100's of hours of entertainment. How many times can you replay a good sp game?

I can go back and replay any great SP game from any gen right now and have fun. MP? Most games not made in the past 3 years will be a barren wasteland.

#330 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@handssss said:

@Cranler said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Evo_nine said:

I can go back and replay any great SP game from any gen right now and have fun. MP? Most games not made in the past 3 years will be a barren wasteland.

How many times can you replay before getting bored? Uncharted 2 and RE 4 are among my all time faves but my time playing both combined is nowhere near BF 3 for instance.

#331 Edited by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Thats it? Judging by your join date I thought you'd have known more about the evolution of 3rd person shooters and know not to bring up fps games in a tps discussion. I usually try to be civil in my discussion here but you're just being a dick.

Killswitch gets way too much credit btw. Manhunt came out just weeks later and was not only a great stealth game but it's cover shooting mechanics were arguably better than Killswitches.

ur a fuck'n idiot. YOU brought other games into the discussion. not me. honestly, ur posts are getting stupidier by the one.

#332 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Cranler said:

ur a fuck'n idiot. YOU brought other games into the discussion. not me. honestly, ur posts are getting stupidier by the one.

You attack me for bringing an fps into the discussion when it was you who brought an fps into the discussion. The differences between the 360 version of GRAW and the others should be common knowledge on this board especially for a long time member such as yourself.

#333 Posted by Evo_nine (1634 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

I will :)

actually i cant at the momment as the beta is offline.

But march 11.....ohhhh boy its on!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

have fun replaying the order over and over lol

#334 Posted by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

You attack me for bringing an fps into the discussion when it was you who brought an fps into the discussion. The differences between the 360 version of GRAW and the others should be common knowledge on this board especially for a long time member such as yourself.

i didnt bring anything into the conversation besides Gears and Uncharted. the conversation was about Uncharted and Gears. you then came into the conversation saying that Uncharted could have been influenced by GRAW like a nitwit. because even though it was a tps it played absolutely nothing like Uncharted did when released. u derailed the conversation by throwing games into the discussion that didnt fit....and now ur trying to tell me i'm the one who did it. thats why this conversation is a mess now because you don't even know what you think, said, or did....again, ur a fuck'n idiot. stop writing me please.

#335 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Looks seriously good, wow. Color me impressed.

#336 Posted by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

So suddenly 800p/30FPS is next gen? Cow logic lol

#337 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

i didnt bring anything into the conversation besides Gears and Uncharted. the conversation was about Uncharted and Gears. you then came into the conversation saying that Uncharted could have been influenced by GRAW like a nitwit. because even though it was a tps it played absolutely nothing like Uncharted did when released. u derailed the conversation by throwing games into the discussion that didnt fit....and now ur trying to tell me i'm the one who did it. thats why this conversation is a mess now because you don't even know what you think, said, or did....again, ur a fuck'n idiot. stop writing me please.

I mentioned a 3rd person cover shooter and you brought up the other versions which were fps. In GRAW you take cover and pop out to shoot enemies who are popping out of cover to shoot at you.

You put Gears up on a pedestal when all it did was add slide to cover. Gears plays exactly the same as the shooting sections in Manhunt which came out 3 years before Gears. I can't speak for Killswitch since I never played it. The main reason for all the hype with Gears was the graphics.

#338 Posted by tymeservesfate (1581 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

I mentioned a 3rd person cover shooter and you brought up the other versions which were fps. In GRAW you take cover and pop out to shoot enemies who are popping out of cover to shoot at you.

You put Gears up on a pedestal when all it did was add slide to cover. Gears plays exactly the same as the shooting sections in Manhunt which came out 3 years before Gears. I can't speak for Killswitch since I never played it. The main reason for all the hype with Gears was the graphics.

F U

#339 Edited by AzatiS (7235 posts) -

It looks nice but nothing to wow about imho.

#340 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

Lemmings still butthurt over based Ready At Dawn three days on? Good.

@Scipio8 said:

Pity Ryse is an all-round turd of a game The Order will wipe the floor with.

@Evo_nine said:

lmao, Brink with mechs. Have fun with it, it's the only game you're getting for months. :)

#341 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@tyloss: indeed. The amount of butthurt from lems and even hermits is sky high. Thank goodness too, makes me know this game will be amazing. The graphics are easily the best we've seen yet on consoles, they look almost CG. Even to the point that most previewers thought it was CG cutscenes until they saw a HUD pop up. This gen is going to be rough for lems. If RAD is pulling off graphics like this only God knows what Naughty Gods are doing :D

#342 Edited by kinectthedots (1613 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@tyloss: indeed. The amount of butthurt from lems and even hermits is sky high. Thank goodness too, makes me know this game will be amazing. The graphics are easily the best we've seen yet on consoles, they look almost CG. Even to the point that most previewers thought it was CG cutscenes until they saw a HUD pop up. This gen is going to be rough for lems. If RAD is pulling off graphics like this only God knows what Naughty Gods are doing :D

don't forget that Drive Club, Deep Down and Infamous all are lined up to come out this year; I think Deep down is a sleeper that will catch ppl off guard (not indluding inde titles or unannounced projects) and Unchated 4 hasn't even been shown yet.

#343 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

F U

Wow! What a comeback! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

#344 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

If the lemmings need something to do for the next three weeks while waiting for a game they can spend it seething over how much The Order destroys the Xbone line up.

#345 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Funny when people think Geow invented the TPS/cover genre. Clearly they never played Kill Switch back in 2003.

#346 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3838 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

F U

Haha wow lems still getting owned in this thread. They are having a hard time believing gears didnt invent tps genre haha

Funny when people think Geow invented the TPS/cover genre. Clearly they never played Kill Switch back in 2003.

Whats funny is when they tried convincing me uncharted is 'gears of war clone'

#347 Posted by cooolio (451 posts) -

While I am happy that this article goes in to detail about the demo that was shown, It seems like it has confirmed my fears about the Order's "deep melee system", Someone may have posted this earlier, but the cutscene like struggles that you find yourself in will have QTE, and failing each one takes the fight down a different path.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-18-how-the-order-reinvents-qtes

I would be the first to tell you how I hate when people label some games as cinematic. To me it just seems like a easier way of saying that any game that any game that has explosions, realistic looking characters and animations, and more realistic combat is being a movie.i do understand that not all people see a cinematic as a bad thing, but they always associate the term with a game that gives the player little control. The only games that I would truly label as cinematic are games that only use interactive scenes. Too me that is the true definition of a cinematic, a game trying to be a movie or really a movie that is made to look like a game.

What I mean to say is that this game appears to be going down the path of being a cinematic game. I take in to account that it is a shooter, but if believe that no matter how cool the weapons may be, there needs to be more to it. To have those amazing graphics and emphasis on camera angles and realistic characters while lacking focus on realistic combat or melee combat with depth is a crime.

#348 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Cranler said:

F U

Haha wow lems still getting owned in this thread. They are having a hard time believing gears didnt invent tps genre haha

@Ballroompirate said:

Whats funny is when they tried convincing me uncharted is 'gears of war clone'

Every game with a gun in it is a Doom clone.

#349 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

First off I will start with I am a PS4 owner and am looking forward to this game.

Now that that's out of the way.

WOW Cows. Nice job moving the goal posts. Sub 1080p, 30 fps, black bars, and goddamn QTE's are next gen now. QTE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know the thing you all made fun of months ago! You are all sick in the head.

#350 Edited by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Scipio8 said:

First off I will start with I am a PS4 owner and am looking forward to this game.

Now that that's out of the way.

WOW Cows. Nice job moving the goal posts. Sub 1080p, 30 fps, black bars, and goddamn QTE's are next gen now. QTE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know the thing you all made fun of months ago! You are all sick in the head.

don't forget "closed corridors levels, filled with fog"