New leaked The Order 1886. Welcome to next gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Sweenix said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

corridor shooter and QTEs....that next gen goodness.

*sarcasm* smh

720p... that next gen goodness.

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

that next gen goodness. -_-

PS4...last gen in a shiny new next gen package! please -_-

Ouch, what does that make X1???

the go to console for Titanfall.

You mean

No singleplayer

798p

Cod with mechs

No color pallet

No splitscreen

Last gen graphics

Dat burn haha

@Rage010101 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

So competitor = clone? And uncharted had been in dev long before gears was released so to suggest it was sonys anwer to gears is stupidity. And uncharted shits on gears btw its not even close

you are wrong

Uncharted involved talking mushrooms and shit. It was nothing like it turned out.....gritty games like gears of war were the reason it became what it is....so say thanks and pay your respects to Epic / MS

http://www.gamesradar.com/uncharted-would-have-been-fantasy-game/

No one is denying gears of wars influence on uncharted, heck! gears of war pretty much defined the third person shooter genre in the previous generation, but that doesn't make uncharted a clone of gears of war, it was just inspired.

so what does ghostwarrior actually mean when he says "And uncharted had been in dev long before gears was released so to suggest it was sonys anwer to gears is stupidity."

I never agreed with his statement though.

You were supporting his cause, therefore, you look almost just as stupid after evidence was provided by the opposition. Your backpedal is now complete. Now go about your business and go get destroyed in other threads as usual.

#252 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Sweenix: the guy said that Uncharted was in development way before Gears was released:

"And uncharted had been in dev long before gears was released so to suggest it was sonys anwer to gears is stupidity."

how the fuck could Naughty Dog be saying they were inspired by Gears of War if the game wasnt even released LOL. he called the guy out for straight lying about the facts. Uncharted was inspired by GoW....period. correct @ghostwarrior786 if you really want to help, not @sts106mat.

and it does make it somewhat a clone of Gears if the gameplay was inspired about it smh lol.

What year did gears release in? 06 what year did uncharted release in? 07 u fu÷kin idiot u think they made the whole game in a year? Uncharted is more inspired by tomb raider than any other game and gears 3 in their art direction is inspired by uncharted. And u havnt answered by question, gears is a killswitch clone right?

have you even read the link i provided ? read it and then STFU

u fu%in moron read your own link before posting it, 'We were talking about a more 'realistic' game in terms of how it was modelled and rendered but the concepts were much more far out. One was a forest world where the antagonists lived underground'. the article doesnt even mention gears of war because the damn game wasnt even released by the time naughty dog already shown uncharted gameplay. in no shape or form is uncharted gameplay based off gears of war. this is e3 gameplay from 06, it looks so much like gears. i remember when marcus jumped through windows and used puzzle solving, oh wait..

tomb raider was uncharted influence NOT gears of war. gears released 5-6 months after this footage was shown, u clowns make u fu$kin sense. and before u retreat to your lem cave 'bu-bu-bu- u hate xbox!!!!, u havnt even played gears of war!!'

now go back to your lem cave

#253 Edited by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Sweenix said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Ouch, what does that make X1???

the go to console for Titanfall.

You mean

No singleplayer

798p

Cod with mechs

No color pallet

No splitscreen

Last gen graphics

Dat burn haha

@Rage010101 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

So competitor = clone? And uncharted had been in dev long before gears was released so to suggest it was sonys anwer to gears is stupidity. And uncharted shits on gears btw its not even close

you are wrong

Uncharted involved talking mushrooms and shit. It was nothing like it turned out.....gritty games like gears of war were the reason it became what it is....so say thanks and pay your respects to Epic / MS

http://www.gamesradar.com/uncharted-would-have-been-fantasy-game/

No one is denying gears of wars influence on uncharted, heck! gears of war pretty much defined the third person shooter genre in the previous generation, but that doesn't make uncharted a clone of gears of war, it was just inspired.

lol love how you're back pedaling now after you got owned. Now you're eating crow after making false statements. Tis the cow way, to be forever ignorant.

And i guess you have to be a cow to disagree with you then? if that were true, everyone would be a cow, considering you only spew out illogical bullshit that doesn't make an ounce of sense.

#254 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Sweenix: the guy said that Uncharted was in development way before Gears was released:

"And uncharted had been in dev long before gears was released so to suggest it was sonys anwer to gears is stupidity."

how the fuck could Naughty Dog be saying they were inspired by Gears of War if the game wasnt even released LOL. he called the guy out for straight lying about the facts. Uncharted was inspired by GoW....period. correct @ghostwarrior786 if you really want to help, not @sts106mat.

and it does make it somewhat a clone of Gears if the gameplay was inspired about it smh lol.

What year did gears release in? 06 what year did uncharted release in? 07 u fu÷kin idiot u think they made the whole game in a year? Uncharted is more inspired by tomb raider than any other game and gears 3 in their art direction is inspired by uncharted. And u havnt answered by question, gears is a killswitch clone right?

Watch out it's only a matter of time before ghostwarrior starts sending you tear soaked rage filled PM's.

look guys, its another lemrat di$kriding another dillusional one. read your own damn link before posting it clown

#255 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Christ, hate to think what kind of a mess you think the XB1 is if the PS4 is just last gen in a shiny new next gen package lol. You must be really upset with this new generation already. I guess you'll be heading over to PC if you haven't already. Looking forward to hearing about your rig.

Oh and with that list, I do hope there's been no past comment of yours praising Ryse. ;).

ur welcome to check...this games seems to have more issues with it than Rsye had so i'm covered either way.

@misterpmedia said:

@edwardecl said:

So is 1920 x 800 all but confirmed now then?

Still better res than most Xbox One games and is not scaled, but would be nice to hope for moar.

Oh that person saying 800p, obviously you don't know what you are saying...

1920 x 1080 (1080p) = 2,073,600 Pixels (Forza 5 & most PS4 stuff)

1440 x 1080 (???) = 1,555,200 Pixels (GT6)

1920 x 800 (not 800p) = 1,536,000 Pixels (The Order ???)

1600 x 900 (900p) = 1,440,000 Pixels (Ryse)

1408 x 792 (792p) = 1,115,136 Pixels (Titanfall)

1280 x 720 (720p) = 921,600 Pixels (MGSV for Xbox One)

Still quite the downgrade from 1080p though :(.

Informative post. Also lol @titanfall at 792, you definitely know that's bs and it's 720.

how are you going to call him informative and wrong in the exact same post....smh, cows man.

Explain those issues in detail, I need a morning chortle. And it's informative because the rest is right. I was pointing out that Titanfall is such a odd resolution that Respawn probably panicked and tried to get anything above 720p to save face. Any other nitpicks to argue so you can type 'smh, cows man' on the end? :P

you quoted the issues i'm saying the game has in this very post...with this being YOUR thread on the actual game shouldnt you be informed enough on the game to already have detailed explanations on them? or do u just like shiny things and ignore the fact that the flaws make them just glazed over pieces shit....cows man, smh.

You listed them, I asked you to explain to me why you thought those were issues. I made a thread about leaked content that doesn't miraculously make me part of the dev team does it? Jesus, lems and their passive aggression, this gen must be getting to you already lol. I'll await your detailed explanation. The bold for delicious irony.

#256 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

so ignore the two links and listen to what you pulled out ur ass....no thanks.

also, yes, Gears took Killswitch's gameplay, and perfected it. thats well known. there's a reason why Gear's popularity went sky high and Killswitch is just used as a gameplay reference. sort of like the Gears being more popular than the Uncharted games....sales wise.

did u even read the damn links? what fu$kin part of uncharted was inspired by gears? please elaborate. uncharted gameplay was already shown at e3 06 BEFORE gears had been released. wtf dont u understand?

#257 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

u fu%in moron read your own link before posting it, 'We were talking about a more 'realistic' game in terms of how it was modelled and rendered but the concepts were much more far out. One was a forest world where the antagonists lived underground'. the article doesnt even mention gears of war because the damn game wasnt even released by the time naughty dog already shown uncharted gameplay. in no shape or form is uncharted gameplay based off gears of war. this is e3 gameplay from 06, it looks so much like gears. i remember when marcus jumped through windows and used puzzle solving, oh wait..

tomb raider was uncharted influence NOT gears of war. gears released 5-6 months after this footage was shown, u clowns make u fu$kin sense. and before u retreat to your lem cave 'bu-bu-bu- u hate xbox!!!!, u havnt even played gears of war!!'

I have never even said the gameplay of UC is based off of gears of war. What i said Uncharted was a completely different game, which is exactly what my link proves. gritty xbox shooters (gears of war) changed its focus from fantasy to reality based. that is a fact that the devs have said.

Uncharted was often called "dude raider" its main influence in gameplay is not at question.

The gameplay of the order 1886 seems to be heavily influenced by Gears. like i said I dont see that as an insult.

cry more

#258 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

I have never even said the gameplay of UC is based off of gears of war. What i said Uncharted was a completely different game, which is exactly what my link proves. gritty xbox shooters (gears of war) changed its focus from fantasy to reality based. that is a fact that the devs have said.

Uncharted was often called "dude raider" its main influence in gameplay is not at question.

The gameplay of the order 1886 seems to be heavily influenced by Gears. like i said I dont see that as an insult.

cry more

u moron u why did u join the discussion i was having with that lem which centred on uncharted being a gears rip off? read the damn discussion before commenting next time. and how does gears success correlate with uncharted change of gameplay? did uncharted gameplay change after the initial e3 unveiling? no, was gears even successful when uncharted gameplay was revealed? no it wasnt even released yet

try making some sense next time sweetheart

#259 Edited by Snugenz (11385 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Snugenz said:

look guys, its another lemrat di$kriding another dillusional one. read your own damn link before posting it clown

Uh oh, he's calling me a lem for no reason, the PM's are next...

You dirty sheepcowrat.

P.S: What the fuck is diskriding?, sounds painful..

#260 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

u moron u why did u join the discussion i was having with that lem which centred on uncharted being a gears rip off? read the damn discussion before commenting next time. and how does gears success correlate with uncharted change of gameplay? did uncharted gameplay change after the initial e3 unveiling? no, was gears even successful when uncharted gameplay was revealed? no it wasnt even released yet

I joined the discussion because you used made a statement which was incorrect.

Who cares about Gears' success? where did i mention that?

Yes, clearly if you read the comments under the video you posted, many people think it changed. so that point and the subsequent one are invalid.

All my posts make sense,

you are irrelevant.

#261 Posted by Shewgenja (7896 posts) -

The Lem butthut is reaching critical mass. Prolapse imminent.

#262 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

Yes, clearly if you read the comments under the video you posted, many people think it changed. so that point and the subsequent one are invalid.

All my posts make sense,

you are irrelevant.

'gritty xbox shooters (gears of war) changed its focus from fantasy to reality based' thats what u said and according to your bs link it was because of gears success. u mentioned gears success to be the driving force of the genre change of uncharted even though gears hadnt been released and no one had a clue if it was going to be successful. in the e3 06 trailer did u see magic or mages? no, they made little changes which happens when the game has 1 year to go before release. naughty dog never changed uncharted based off gears success at all, the e3 06 trailer and release date prove that. u are stupidity is baffling, i dont understand what u dont get

#263 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4340 posts) -

I have watched the video. Nothing amazing in my opinion. I noticed a few tricks developers were using for ages on consoles. For example, that good looking vista of London is not gameplay but a cut scene. They integrated cinematics into gameplay like in the case of Uncharted and TLOU, or else the game would choke with framerate issues. Therefore, they are using the folowing ploy: visually complex scenes are rendered as cutscenes, real gameplay always happens indoors or in stretch corridors to be able to max the visuals. On the video, the game really looked like a corridor shooter to me.

#264 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

All my posts make sense,

you are irrelevant.

'gritty xbox shooters (gears of war) changed its focus from fantasy to reality based' thats what u said and according to your bs link it was because of gears success. u mentioned gears success to be the driving force of the genre change of uncharted even though gears hadnt been released and no one had a clue if it was going to be successful. in the e3 06 trailer did u see magic or mages? no, they made little changes which happens when the game has 1 year to go before release. naughty dog never changed uncharted based off gears success at all, the e3 06 trailer and release date prove that. u are stupidity is baffling, i dont understand what u dont get

once again, you are putting words in my mouth. i have not once said "gears success" . I'd tell you to check your facts, but you dont seem to bother.....like i said, you are irrelevant.

carry on crying about Gears of Order 1886, letterbox fog-o-vision

nothing is suggesting this is anything other than a cover based shooter you cows bashed gears of war about all the last gen (without even a co-op mode). Sony teh next gen innovation single player games while charging for MP on multiplats.....oh teh huge manitee hahaha

#265 Edited by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

the fuck dude:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9861.html

"It seems the team had something "much more far out" planned, and that included a forest world where people lived underground. Poole said it definitely had "elements of Tolkien" but with gritty shooters like Gears of War getting so much attention, Sony wanted Naughty Dog to adapt. Said Poole:

"Sony kept pushing for a more realistic game in all respects. The market had changed a lot by then. The demographic was older and gritty shooters were really dominating. Sony wanted very much to get into that market share, it pushed all of its developers in this direction.

So the big push from Sony, not just at Naughty Dog but at all of Sony's development companies at the time, was to craft games for PlayStation 3 that were much more realistic. The pressure from Xbox's success with gritty shooters was a very real force on our direction at that time."

stop acting like a tool...all angry n shii. get a link of Naughty Dog saying it wasnt inspired by Gears and then we'll have something to talk about. Naughty Dog took its cues from Gears and Xbox games similar to it....period. what other game did Xbox have at the time like Gears, that was gritty n realistic, that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

#266 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

All my posts make sense,

you are irrelevant.

once again, you are putting words in my mouth. i have not once said "gears success" . I'd tell you to check your facts, but you dont seem to bother.....like i said, you are irrelevant.

carry on crying about Gears of Order 1886, letterbox fog-o-vision

nothing is suggesting this is anything other than a cover based shooter you cows bashed gears of war about all the last gen (without even a co-op mode). Sony teh next gen innovation single player games while charging for MP on multiplats.....oh teh huge manitee hahaha

hahaha dat meltdown, so by saying, and this is a direct quote from u 'gritty xbox shooters (gears of war) changed its focus from fantasy to reality based' isnt saying the success of gears changed uncharted direction? hahaha u clown u got owned and now trying to change the topic hahaha and the main problem i have with gears isnt the gameplay its the dull and uninspired story, if the order features similar gameplay mechanics but much better story im 100% ok with that. enjoy your halo/gears rehashes though seeing thats all u have, also i heard another forza is releasing haha enjoy it, its totally diff from the one released last year

#267 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: look out, seems you were owned again by somebody else. Also, i far from having a meltdown, watching you get all upset because a PS4 game is being likened to one of the xbox's biggest franchises is hilarious.

Another gears with another stellar MP, genre defining horde mode plus the standard co-op mode will be much more exciting than the 6 hour, single player Gears of Order 1886-letterbox fog-o-vision.

#268 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cry more

the fuck dude:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9861.html

"It seems the team had something "much more far out" planned, and that included a forest world where people lived underground. Poole said it definitely had "elements of Tolkien" but with gritty shooters like Gears of War getting so much attention, Sony wanted Naughty Dog to adapt. Said Poole:

"Sony kept pushing for a more realistic game in all respects. The market had changed a lot by then. The demographic was older and gritty shooters were really dominating. Sony wanted very much to get into that market share, it pushed all of its developers in this direction.

So the big push from Sony, not just at Naughty Dog but at all of Sony's development companies at the time, was to craft games for PlayStation 3 that were much more realistic. The pressure from Xbox's success with gritty shooters was a very real force on our direction at that time."

stop acting like a tool...all angry n shii. get a link of Naughty Dog saying it wasnt inspired by Gears and then we'll have something to talk about. Naughty Dog took its cues from Gears and Xbox games similar to it....period. what other game did Xbox have like Gears that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

are u seriously this fu&in dumb or are u just blind? what part of uncharted looks like gears? uncharted is based of tomb raider and indiana jones, listen to the fu%in devs instead of the bs link u keep touting. u are so fu$in clueless im thinking u must be trolling. also gears 3 art direction is inspired by uncharted FACT

#269 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: look out, seems you were owned again by somebody else. Also, i far from having a meltdown, watching you get all upset because a PS4 game is being likened to one of the xbox's biggest franchises is hilarious.

Another gears with another stellar MP, genre defining horde mode plus the standard co-op mode will be much more exciting than the 6 hour, single player Gears of Order 1886-letterbox fog-o-vision.

u moron hahahha u still dont get it. im arguing about the statement stupid lems are making claiming uncharted is a gears rip off. did i even respond to anyone saying this game is inspired by gears? ill take your topic change as a white flag. message received, now run to lem cave little one.

ps. gears sucks

#270 Posted by paraskhos_basic (1241 posts) -

Looks Amazing

#271 Posted by sts106mat (18736 posts) -
#272 Posted by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: listen stupid, yes Uncharted borrowed a lot of gameplay/themes from other games/movies. we agree on that...i'm just saying that Gears of War was one of them. the games gameplay and theme are not original at all, agreed. they just did a good job at copying. stop trying to spin everything.

ok look dummy, Gears was first shown in 2005...look at the video i posted. it looks terrible in comparison to what it released as. so Uncharted having a years production time is more than enough time to borrow the mechanics from what they saw in the Gears trailer along with what they saw at E3 in 2005. in the FN article the dev says Sony wanted a gritty realistic shooter like Gears....so Naughty Dog changed the focus of Uncharted to that. in other words they were inspired or influenced by it. yes...Tomb Raider was thrown in the mix as well but Gears too was very much an influence, OBVIOUSLY. like i said before, what other Xbox game was out, or was coming out, at the time that you would consider gritty or/and realistic besides Gears? please remind me....-_-unless your trying to say that since Uncharted wasnt a carbon copy of Gears then it shouldnt apply...then i don't know wtf the fuck ur going on about.

yes, Naughty Dog stole a lot of gameplay mechanics from games. and Gear's gameplay was one of the games taken from.

#273 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: LOL no

also, if it sucks, why you own all three?

because unless i play them i wouldnt know they sucked would i? have u played uncharted? haha typical lem. gears doesnt even compare to uncharted, not in the same league at all

#274 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: listen stupid, yes Uncharted borrowed a lot of gameplay/themes from other games/movies. we agree on that...i'm just saying that Gears of War was one of them. the games gameplay and theme are not original at all, agreed. they just did a good job at copying. stop trying to spin everything.

ok look dummy, Gears was first shown in 2005...look at the video i posted. it looks terrible in comparison to what it released as. so Uncharted having a years production time is more than enough time to borrow the mechanics from what they saw in the Gears trailer along with what they saw at E3 in 2005. in the FN article the dev says Sony wanted a gritty realistic shooter like Gears....so Naughty Dog changed the focus of Uncharted to that. in other words they were inspired or influenced by it. yes...Tomb Raider was thrown in the mix as well but Gears too was very much an influence, OBVIOUSLY. like i said before, what other Xbox game was out, or was coming out, at the time that you would consider gritty or/and realistic besides Gears? please remind me....-_-unless your trying to say that since Uncharted wasnt a carbon copy of Gears then it shouldnt apply...then i don't know wtf the fuck ur going on about.

yes, Naughty Dog stole a lot of gameplay mechanics from games. and Gear's gameplay was one of the games taken from.

hahhahahahahaha just lol. so much misinformation coming directly from your ass haha. its clear there is no point having a discussion with lems, they are too brain dead. uncharted sure is gritty experience hahaha u clown, its clear u havnt even played uncharted so stick to what u know and stop touting sh$t

#275 Edited by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

u moron hahahha u still dont get it. im arguing about the statement stupid lems are making claiming uncharted is a gears rip off. did i even respond to anyone saying this game is inspired by gears? ill take your topic change as a white flag. message received, now run to lem cave little one.

ps. gears sucks

if Gears sucks so much why did you buy every one of them. and how isnt Gears in the same league as Uncharted when it sold more? i think you have it backwards.O_o

smh cows man

and its funny seeing you accuse people of having meltdowns when you have been having a meltdown for a page and a half now lol.

#276 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

ps. gears sucks

if Gears sucks so much why did you buy every one of them. and how isnt Gears in the same league as Uncharted when it sold more? i think you have it backwards.O_o

smh cows man

and its funny seeing you accuse people of having meltdowns when you have been having a meltdown for a page and a half now lol.

i didnt buy every one of them, do u see a copy of gears judgement there? and i bought these three because i only had x360 at the time and there is fu$k all else to buy for that garbage console. and how does selling more = better game? so wii sports is the greatest game of all time? haha

#277 Posted by Desmonic (12634 posts) -

So...this thread is going places....

#278 Posted by Ghost120x (3628 posts) -

Wow you guys are slow if you don't think uncharted spawned off of gears. Sony has been "copying" franchises forever now with games like crash bandicoot and spyro purely designed to compete with Mario directly there is no mistake about it. How is this so hard to accept? Sony's first party exclusives aren't great because they lack consistency and they don't know what they want, so they follow the latest trends in gaming to make their games. Just look at how they injected a lifeless open world in sly cooper and jak sequels because of gta's influence at the time. Even look last gen how killzone has slowly transformed into Cod in terms of smaller level design and controls. This is why fans are so split when it comes to liking the games, some people only like sly 1 and hate sly 2, others like jak 2 but hate jak 1 ect.

The the plot concept of uncharted is not the same but how you play the game is. Uncharted 1 was not so much a clone, but 2 and 3 had a much larger focus on gunplay and even threw in some awful multiplayer to boot. If it's not like gears then why are they putting multiplayer in a game that never needed it? gears multiplayer was big and helped sell systems, that's why.

#279 Posted by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

hahhahahahahaha just lol. so much misinformation coming directly from your ass haha. its clear there is no point having a discussion with lems, they are too brain dead. uncharted sure is gritty experience hahaha u clown, its clear u havnt even played uncharted so stick to what u know and stop touting sh$t

do i really need to post the quote from the article again....? -_-

let it go man...ur spinning has you angry and dizzy.

#280 Edited by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

back on topic...yikes!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

"The brief 10-minute hands-off demo I witnessed confirmed some of my fears. The portion of the adventure I saw ran relatively poorly, with sudden, sharp transitions between scenes, audio issues, and a lagging framerate. Ready at Dawn’s CEO and Founder Ru Weerasuriya was quick to point out that this sliver of the game wasn’t QA tested and optimized at all, and that there might be problems. But I was left wondering how this could be the best 10 minutes of the game the studio had to show, especially when he reiterated that The Order would indeed launch in 2014."

#281 Posted by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

back on topic...yikes!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

"The brief 10-minute hands-off demo I witnessed confirmed some of my fears. The portion of the adventure I saw ran relatively poorly, with sudden, sharp transitions between scenes, audio issues, and a lagging framerate. Ready at Dawn’s CEO and Founder Ru Weerasuriya was quick to point out that this sliver of the game wasn’t QA tested and optimized at all, and that there might be problems. But I was left wondering how this could be the best 10 minutes of the game the studio had to show, especially when he reiterated that The Order would indeed launch in 2014."

oh dear

#282 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3264 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

do i really need to post the quote from the article again....? -_-

let it go man...ur spinning has you angry and dizzy.

u want me to link the youtube vid again in which the devs discuss their inspirations for uncharted? im not going to waste my time talking to lems any more, u havnt even played both games which makes your opinion irrelevant.

#283 Posted by T-razor1 (1039 posts) -

6.5/10 with potential

It's basically Gears again in London? I got sick of Gears honestly after the first game so I don't know how I'll be propelled to pick this up. Need to see more. The setting and environment looks interesting but so far it's kind of meh. On the fence right now but again it could get better and I expect it to get better near release.

Also lol at cows and their usual overhyping of all Sony exclusive visuals. Nothing changes lol. They look real good but I wasn't blown away.

#284 Posted by Slimmin360 (1380 posts) -

Who cares now ? The release is like 10 months away, so i'll start getting excited in like 9 months, 3 weeks and 6 days.

#285 Posted by slantedandencha (360 posts) -

looks alright.

some of you cows must be getting paid, there's no way you're so easily impressed.

#286 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

I have watched the video. Nothing amazing in my opinion. I noticed a few tricks developers were using for ages on consoles. For example, that good looking vista of London is not gameplay but a cut scene. They integrated cinematics into gameplay like in the case of Uncharted and TLOU, or else the game would choke with framerate issues. Therefore, they are using the folowing ploy: visually complex scenes are rendered as cutscenes, real gameplay always happens indoors or in stretch corridors to be able to max the visuals. On the video, the game really looked like a corridor shooter to me.

I love the overall look f this game, but gameplay and scale will be key. This has a great deal of potential though. It does feel very Gears of waresq so far and that's not a bad thing.

#287 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9051 posts) -

More PS4 sales inc!

Game looks awesome.

#288 Posted by Zaibach (13409 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@misterpmedia said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Some very nice visuals on display but the gifs don't look too promising for gameplay

it always interests me when people say things like this, and I'm always tempted to ask....what would make the gameplay promising? I mean what do people expect from a third person shooter if what the game portrays is conventional for the TPS?

Because the game has a cool setting, atmosphere and tone and I don't want to see it fall into the same cover based QTE gameplay of other TPS games. I don't want it to fall into conventional mechanics, I want to see it try something new.

I suspect there's more to it though than those short gifs

yeah, I understood that from your first comment, my point is, what would you like to see in TPSs that's new? Or what mechanics would you include etc?

He wants it to be more Vanquish

#289 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Hopefully, The Order 1886 will actually be released before the end of the new console generation.

#290 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Hopefully, The Order 1886 will actually be released before the end of the new console generation.

So what do we think of those delicious physics? Even from these simple crappy gifs. Who's stoked for the direct feed vids? ;o

The first GIF looks like actual gameplay. The second GIF may or may not be just a cut scene.

#291 Posted by Gun_Holds_U (8 posts) -

I'd worry less about this game if Naughty Dogs had a hand in it.

#292 Posted by slantedandencha (360 posts) -

Gears > Uncharted.

and yes, i've played them.

#293 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

This like the Uncharted 1 of PS4 with 100x better graphics. I cant wait to see the Uncharted 3 level PS4 game.... The Order already looks CGI.

#294 Posted by Cranler (7701 posts) -

what other game did Xbox have at the time like Gears, that was gritty n realistic, that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

GRAW. It was the first cover shooter released for the 360 afaik. Was originally set to be a 360 launch game but was delayed. Came out in winter of 2006. Gears is gritty but far from realistic. GRAW is both gritty and realistic.

#295 Edited by Cranler (7701 posts) -

Gears > Uncharted.

and yes, i've played them.

Maybe in mp but Uncharted sp destroys Gears.

#296 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38148 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

@misterpmedia said:

yeah, I understood that from your first comment, my point is, what would you like to see in TPSs that's new? Or what mechanics would you include etc?

He wants it to be more Vanquish

Hooray for assumptions.

I just want it to show off the unique mechanics they mentioned when describing it. Like the investigation stuff and small bits of exploration. Not show me snippets of bouncing from cover to cover and shooting guys then doing a QTE. It's not a great way to sell your game, especially when it seems to have so much more to offer. They're underselling it

#297 Posted by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

Game is not very impressive, based on the gif. If cows can claim this looks good based on a gif, we can judge how bad it looks as well, right?

Why are no cows commenting on the linearity of the game? The graphics are impressive you say? Hallway at 30 fps and people think they're going to improve texture resolution?

#298 Edited by mems_1224 (45714 posts) -

lol so a super linear gears clone littered with QTEs and no multiplayer and a bad framerate?? No thanks

#299 Edited by The_Stand_In (362 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

And to think it looks this good with still quite a few more months of polish to go. We're talking fall here. Lot's of time to cure all the nitpicks.

Fail? You are raising the game above the rest so I am putting it up against the best. Sorry if some of it doesn't measure up (at this time based on this particular shot).

I'm regretting making this picture. A lot of you got the point, and for that I thank you. But as usual, the rabid PS4 fanboys missed it entirely as they seem to be unable to take any sort of criticism at all without bursting into tears.

#300 Posted by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

what other game did Xbox have at the time like Gears, that was gritty n realistic, that they could be talking about you dumbshit.

GRAW. It was the first cover shooter released for the 360 afaik. Was originally set to be a 360 launch game but was delayed. Came out in winter of 2006. Gears is gritty but far from realistic. GRAW is both gritty and realistic.

it was also multiplat...-_-