New leaked The Order 1886. Welcome to next gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

#152 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least the tricks they used.

Coming from the user that referred to Titanfall on X1 as "beautiful".

Stupidity at its finest.

#153 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1123 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least the tricks they used.

Coming from the user that referred to Titanfall on X1 as "beautiful".

Stupidity at its finest.

And that background filled with low polygon buildings with fog. :) yep thats The Order 1887.

#154 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least the tricks they used.

Coming from the user that referred to Titanfall on X1 as "beautiful".

Stupidity at its finest.

And that background filled with JPEG pictures with fog. :) yep thats The Order 1887.

Terrible trolling.

#156 Edited by padaporra (3438 posts) -

Wow, that looks very average.

#157 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Graphics are good because it's a blatant corridor shooter, seems to be a 2006 game with 2014 graphics

#158 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

Smell that?

Smells like next gen. Smells gooooooooooooooood. Can't wait to wash it down with a bottle of Xbot tears. >:D

#159 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least with the tricks they used.

this is what I expect from console exclusive though. Smoke and mirrors to get the most out of the hardware. Would be kinda lame if they didn't use tricks.

#160 Posted by HitmanActual (420 posts) -

This game is getting me kinda...firm.

#161 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (435 posts) -

Is this game going to be open world?

#163 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

#165 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:

I find it funny how MGS5 looks better when it's 60fps, 1080p and open world.

Fox engine uses black magic.

#166 Posted by Couth_ (10305 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:

I find it funny how MGS5 looks better when it's 60fps, 1080p and open world.

this game has a tonne of its power thrown into physics, destructible environments and things

#167 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2460 posts) -

looks great. I pray that the gameplay won't be terrible.

#168 Posted by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@bigblunt537 said:

It could just be motion blur, but the textures on those walls are hideous. Still a very good looking game, but hopefully that gets fixed by launch because it would definitely bug the hell out of me.

I wouldn't say hideous, but the the textures and lighting aren't too special. The character models are great, though, and the animation looks nice.

#169 Posted by cooolio (530 posts) -

@Ghost120x: Ok. You are right about that. I played the demo and saw gameplay. Most weapons became akin to AK 47s and smgs. And the cover system was stupid.

#170 Posted by Vecna (3402 posts) -

800p and 30fps is the next gen???

These consoles are even less impressive than last gen at launch. Is this the trend? Next gen you'll be even further behind pc gaming. Enjoy your cheap laptop specs that can't be upgraded. People will pay for shit all day long.

#171 Posted by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

The Order will prove to both cows and lems that if you really want to have a kick ass system and a generation with amazing looking console games, you don't want 1080p and 60fps. I'll just keep saying what I've been saying all along. If you want devs to take advantage of both consoles let go of the 1080p 60fps pipe dream. It doesn't exist on these consoles in any meaningful way. None of the eye popping games are at 1080p and 60fps. None. There is a reason for this. If the devs are actually trying to use the system fully they can't be 1080p and 60fps. As the generation goes on 1080p and 60fps will just be a sign of a lazy multiplat port.

Couldn't agree more. Demanding 1080p and 60fps in console games is only going to lower the visual bar for everyone.

#172 Posted by BigBadBully (675 posts) -

Having no multiplayer or co-op is going to kill this game. Without it, this game will just be a buy 2 used games get one free used game type of purchase. Even if the multiplayer sucked, Sony wouldnt have to worry about shutting the servers down since they'll generate money off of playstation plus subscriptions. Finally, Sony should delay this game and give the dev's more time with the game. Best chance to increase sales and get a stronger base to build a sequel/franchise. If this game stays vanilla, its just going to be in the bargin bin and die.

#173 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Strong lemming damage control in this thread.

#174 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

corridor shooter and QTEs....that next gen goodness.

*sarcasm* smh

720p... that next gen goodness.

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

that next gen goodness. -_-

PS4...last gen in a shiny new next gen package! please -_-

Ouch, what does that make X1???

the go to console for Titanfall.

You mean

No singleplayer

798p

Cod with mechs

No color pallet

No splitscreen

Last gen graphics

#175 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

Isn't uncharted a better series than gears of war? critically that is? and competition doesn't make it a clone, and lastly. Uncharted is an action adventure game, that focuses solely on treasure hunting. How the fuck are they alike?

Lems are so brain dead, i swear.

#176 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Rage010101 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

Isn't uncharted a better series than gears of war? critically that is? and competition doesn't make it a clone, and lastly. Uncharted is an action adventure game, that focuses solely on treasure hunting. How the fuck are they alike?

Lems are so brain dead, i swear.

I'm a Lem now? lol all you sony drones are the same. Anything negative said about sony, everyone is auto Lem.

Also, you must be new to gaming.

#177 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5834 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

:O WOW!

Wow . . . your pic .

#178 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@Sweenix said:

@Rage010101 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

Wait, uncharted was a gears rip off? Haha wtf so gears is a killswitch rip off right?

Eh maybe you're new to gaming, but Uncharted has always been GeoW's competition.

Isn't uncharted a better series than gears of war? critically that is? and competition doesn't make it a clone, and lastly. Uncharted is an action adventure game, that focuses solely on treasure hunting. How the fuck are they alike?

Lems are so brain dead, i swear.

I'm a Lem now? lol all you sony drones are the same. Anything negative said about sony, everyone is auto Lem.

Also, you must be new to gaming.

You sony drones? lol.. the irony

And ok, i take back the lem comment, you are just brain dead in general then.

#179 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@Sweenix: lol. Crush these fools

#180 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (188 posts) -

Looks ok. Ryse looks better IMO.

#181 Edited by The_Stand_In (429 posts) -

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

#182 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@indigenous_euphoria said:

Looks ok. Ryse looks better IMO.

#183 Posted by lglz1337 (4116 posts) -

lmao this animation physics and gfx poops all over xbone

#184 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1123 posts) -
@The_Stand_In said:

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

What did you expect from a developer that used to make PSP games. :)

BTW this thread proved PC will remain the leader for years to come, for cows 30FPS low res textures, no shadows, prebaked lighting is next-gen

PS: Thanks for pointing out the many flaws this game has graphically speaking.

#185 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Smell that?

Smells like next gen. Smells gooooooooooooooood. Can't wait to wash it down with a bottle of Xbot tears. >:D

Here, you can have a drink from my bottle of lem tears...

#186 Edited by lglz1337 (4116 posts) -

@The_Stand_In: nice try butthurt shit you fail

acting like the game is gold status remember Ryse in eraly stage ? so keep on being nitpicky i can also show you crysis low res pics with INCONSISTENT TEXTURES

ohh and polishing up happens ate the end of the dev cycle moron

#187 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

800p Gray and Gray TPS with cover...now where did I see it before....oh yeah...Gears of War. With Ryse lems got their crappy dumbed down GoW, it looks like cows will get their own Gears of War.

#188 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

In the first year the Quad will do things X1 won't be able to do in the next 6 years. The game is over.

Bu bu but Titanshit.

#189 Posted by aroxx_ab (10710 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least with the tricks they used.

Dear god hope we can turn that film grain effect off...it is awful why do they put in that in the first place?

#190 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Smell that?

Smells like next gen. Smells gooooooooooooooood. Can't wait to wash it down with a bottle of Xbot tears. >:D

Here, you can have a drink from my bottle of lem tears...

It's been a great thread. The Order is on the brink of executing kuu2, blackace, StormyJoe, Opus Rea and all the other buttmad lem scum. Quantum TV? Shitset Hyperflop? What were those again?

#191 Posted by EZs (1410 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Here, you can have a drink from my bottle of lem tears...

LoL!

#192 Posted by V3rciS (2206 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever read on here, the whole WORLD is gears clone... dafuq is wrong with you people? Sometimes you just bitch for the sake of bitching. At least say something that makes sense.

#193 Edited by finalstar2007 (25882 posts) -

Oh my god

game looks amazing, man this is why the PS4 will be the only next gen system i'll be getting its because it will be the only system with amazing games and new IP's.. my god how amazing it looks

need PS4 NOW

#194 Posted by lglz1337 (4116 posts) -

@V3rciS: lemmings started gaming when gears happend rhey don't know better

#195 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9468 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

I would rather play Titanfall.

No one will care about Titanfall by the time the The Order 1886 releases. Lems will be hyping Sunset Overdrive..LOL

#196 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9468 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Some very nice visuals on display but the gifs don't look too promising for gameplay

So, typical Sony exclusive then. Lots of good looking visuals, light on gameplay.

You are such a troll. You say this, yet you bought a PS3 and PS4 to play the exclusives.

#197 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (9940 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Stop it! I feel offended! It's the former Prime Minister of my country.

#198 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9940 posts) -

I'm not sold on the graphics. They look serviceable but that's it. High-res of course, but something's lacking. I don't see any shadows for example, which begs the question if there will be any dynamic lightning in the game.

#199 Edited by kalipekona (2360 posts) -
@The_Stand_In said:

Looks great in motion, but if you stop and look at it closely, it's very inconsistent and downright poor in some areas. See my picture for examples^. The game is looking a lot like Metro Last Light. Very good looking in some areas, not so good in others. Based on this picture I'd say Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 4 look miles better (games off the top of my head, all on PC of course). The left half of the picture looks worse than modded Skyrim. But this picture isn't representative of the entire game, so take it easy fanboys.

Atmospherically though, I think it has it nailed. Character models look great, too.

Yeah, I noticed some of the same things. In terms of basic things like textures, lighting and shading it doesn't seem to even equal a game like Thief, which has a similar dark, foggy London-like aesthetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdB8baeMwJk

But we still haven't seen much from the game. It seems all of the effect work is directed at making the game have a cinematic look. The animation, character models and physics are where I think this game will shine.

#200 Posted by The_Stand_In (429 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@The_Stand_In: nice try butthurt shit you fail

acting like the game is gold status remember Ryse in eraly stage ? so keep on being nitpicky i can also show you crysis low res pics with INCONSISTENT TEXTURES

ohh and polishing up happens ate the end of the dev cycle moron

Uh, I said that picture wasn't a good representation of the game which IMPLIED there would be some touching up as it is, as you pointed out, an unfinished game. So take it easy. You're the one acting butthurt over obvious nitpicking... I never claimed it wasn't and never said no other game doesn't have these flaws so clam down.