New leaked The Order 1886. Welcome to next gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#102 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

It looks like the shooting is going to be fun to me.

#103 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

Wait wait wait let me guess it's because of the cover system, right?

#104 Edited by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

So basically it was a Gears of War ripoff the entire time, except only singleplayer. Trash Confirmed.

Agreed.

After all the boring gears clones last gen (Uncharted, Mass effect 2,Dead space ect), I'm not going to play another one.

I don't get how you guys come to this conclusion, it's a TPS and has that shaky runny camera that everyone uses these days but the comparisons really end there.

Can no game use a third person perspective in a shooter without being compared to Gears? I mean Mass Effect is a big stretch?

I was not talking about them being third person. I'm talking about the cover system and the game mechanics, such as ducking behind a wall and killing wave after wave of dumb ai.

#105 Posted by spicymeatball27 (64 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: Well said. This game looks like a game thats been done billions of times before with the camera being over the shoulder like Gears of war/mass effect/uncharted/RE4 & the list gos on forever. The game seems very linear with close quarters & its just a big sense of de ja vu. Its not terrible nor great just meh. Been there done that.

#106 Posted by Chutebox (36645 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

corridor shooter and QTEs....that next gen goodness.

*sarcasm* smh

720p... that next gen goodness.

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

that next gen goodness. -_-

PS4...last gen in a shiny new next gen package! please -_-

Ouch, what does that make X1???

the go to console for Titanfall.

Unless you have a pc, then you can enjoy a better looking version of a turd.

#107 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

800p 30fps LMFAO!!!

#108 Posted by Chutebox (36645 posts) -
#109 Edited by edwardecl (2118 posts) -

So is 1920 x 800 all but confirmed now then?

Still better res than most Xbox One games and is not scaled, but would be nice to hope for moar.

Oh that person saying 800p, obviously you don't know what you are saying...

1920 x 1080 (1080p) = 2,073,600 Pixels (Forza 5 & most PS4 stuff)
1440 x 1080 (???) = 1,555,200 Pixels (GT6)
1920 x 800 (not 800p) = 1,536,000 Pixels (The Order ???)
1600 x 900 (900p) = 1,440,000 Pixels (Ryse)
1408 x 792 (792p) = 1,115,136 Pixels (Titanfall)
1280 x 720 (720p) = 921,600 Pixels (MGSV for Xbox One)

Still quite the downgrade from 1080p though :(.

#110 Posted by TwistedShade (3151 posts) -

Not going to lie......visually it looks a LOT like Ryse...

#112 Edited by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Dont most of that cover Ryse? Ya know, the game lems use to showcase graphics? lol bunch of hypocrites

#113 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

Agreed.

Yes it is. I'm aware that gears wasn't the first but that game unmistakeably popularized the genre. Then Uncharted 2 cemented it, and then after that developers have been making clones and ruining their franchises in the process. (lost planet)

#114 Edited by tymeservesfate (1595 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Ouch, what does that make X1???

the go to console for Titanfall.

Unless you have a pc, then you can enjoy a better looking version of a turd.

yes, but it does what The Order doesnt do irregardless of the system...has fresh new feeling gameplay. this game is seeming like a rental.

@tymeservesfate: Well said. This game looks like a game thats been done billions of times before with the camera being over the shoulder like Gears of war/mass effect/uncharted/RE4 & the list gos on forever. The game seems very linear with close quarters & its just a big sense of de ja vu. Its not terrible nor great just meh. Been there done that.

yea, basically. that alley was thin as hell. you're basically aiming a few inches left then a few to the right, clearing it and moving on. not awe inspiring stuff there...from what the gifs show at least.

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

30fps

800p

Source?

http://gamerant.com/the-order-1886-no-multiplayer-30fps/

#115 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

no source will confirm '800p'

its 1920x800

#116 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15975 posts) -

Graphics look good. I wonder what the gameplay is like?

#117 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -

@super600 said:

@devakie said:

OMG it looks beyond amazing, this simply cannot be done on the Xbox, only on PS4

Hi daveekh.

HAHAHAHA the cow troll has return after volunteeringly leaving like 2 months ago.

for like...the 4th time

#118 Posted by tymeservesfate (1595 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Dont most of that cover Ryse? Ya know, the game lems use to showcase graphics? lol bunch of hypocrites

yes, but see....The Order has MORE faults. you see my point now?

and here's the devs tweets about resolution.

#119 Edited by cooolio (451 posts) -

@Ghost120x: I would not call Dead Space a Gear clone. Only thing that is similar is TP view. Look back at RE4. It is a TP survival horror game.

#120 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

So what do we think of those delicious physics? Even from these simple crappy gifs. Who's stoked for the direct feed vids? ;o

I would play it. Looks cool.

#121 Posted by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

@Ghost120x said:

@Rage010101 said:

Agreed.

Yes it is. I'm aware that gears wasn't the first but that game unmistakeably popularized the genre. Then Uncharted 2 cemented it, and then after that developers have been making clones and ruining their franchises in the process. (lost planet)

But it's just a cover system, don't get worked up about it. It's like saying every other FPS is a DOOM clone because you can shoot a gun.

#122 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@super600 said:

@devakie said:

OMG it looks beyond amazing, this simply cannot be done on the Xbox, only on PS4

Hi daveekh.

HAHAHAHA the cow troll has return after volunteeringly leaving like 2 months ago.

for like...the 4th time

nah that's not going to be dave keeh.

dave keeh is posting here in a normal, non-trollish way. i've read a few of his recent posts, and he's been civil. i won't say the username, because i feel he's entitled to a fresh start.

dave_keeh was a character and i suspect that character is permanently retired.

#123 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: lmao so much butt hurt, you cant judge very much of the gameplay with 2 short ass gifs.

The game may be linear, but its not a corridor shooter. I will take the peoples opinions that have played the game, and said there are full cities and taverns throughout the game, over some butthurt fanboy like you that is literally bursting into tears right now.

#124 Posted by Zidaneski (8451 posts) -

Awesome. Like how the recoil also causes the cloth to move as well.

#125 Edited by Zethrickk382 (134 posts) -

So hyped. With sonys huge turnaround, I can only imagine what they have in store 1st party wise.... A focused and hungry Sony yes plz.

#126 Posted by cooolio (451 posts) -

What do people expect from gameplay? there will be people that will just brush this off and say its generic, but i want to know what people want from a TPS in terms of gameplay.

You make it sound like that shooting is all that can be put in a game. There are plenty of games with a TP perspective that are a different genre and have other gameplay elements besides shooting. Look at TLOU. It has a TP perspective but gameplay does not boil down to just shooting. The developers of The Order have said that they plan on having a deep melee system and some since of exploration.

There is so much that can be added: stealth, melee combat with tackling and other moves. We should not act like a TPS can only revolve around cover and shooting because that just gives developers all the more reason to not do anything unique.

#127 Posted by edwardecl (2118 posts) -

But it is still sad that GT6 on PS3 will be higher resolution than this game :(.

#128 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3885 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

hahhahahahahahha my god the lems damage control is hilarious, the order has 'MORE faults' than a game that scored 4/10 hahaha

on topic the order looks damn good. i want to see more gameplay

#129 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

no source will confirm '800p'

its 1920x800

That's because it doesn't take into account the aspect ratio.

1080p could technically mean 1440 by 1080 (4:3) but we automatically associate it with Full HD (16:9 / 1920 by 1080).

Calling The Order 1886 "800p" is just a way for lemmings to get back at cows for Ryse being 900p (16:9 / 1600 by 900).

#130 Posted by Karpetburnz (546 posts) -

wow, The Lem DC is insane, I knew this would happen as soon as we see more with this game, If Lems are this asshurt now from a couple gifs, imagine tomorow when we get a full length gameplay video.

#131 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

TLHBO

This is true next gen visuals.

#132 Posted by sailor232 (4445 posts) -

Looks good, about where I'd expect graphics to be at this point in time.

#133 Edited by aroxx_ab (9277 posts) -

Cant be 1080p with black bars, how many pixels does the black bars eat up?:P

I will get the game anyway but...:P

#134 Edited by emgesp (2082 posts) -

@misterpmedia:

Looks like Ryse just lost its crown for visuals on next-gen hardware.

#135 Edited by tymeservesfate (1595 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: lmao so much butt hurt, you cant judge very much of the gameplay with 2 short ass gifs.

The game may be linear, but its not a corridor shooter. I will take the peoples opinions that have played the game, and said there are full cities and taverns throughout the game, over some butthurt fanboy like you that is literally bursting into tears right now.

uh what...? all we have are these two gifs of gameplay to judge...and ones a slim corridor and the other is a QTE. there's nothing else to judge by. so why do u have a problem with me talking about what you're seeing too?

also, where did you read someone talking about the gameplay or that they played the game? about full cities, taverns, and whatnot. with the embargo and all i havent heard much. i'd like to read it, link?

#136 Posted by heretrix (37319 posts) -

Looks ok, but not anything I'd get a new system for. I'm still not seeing anything in the X1 or PS4 lineups that is making me want either console. Looks like I'll have to wait for E3.

#138 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

So much DC in this thread.

#139 Posted by edwardecl (2118 posts) -
@aroxx_ab said:

Cant be 1080p with black bars, how many pixels does the black bars eat up?:P

I will get the game anyway but...:P

It eated up 518,400 pixels... nom nom nom nom nom.

#140 Posted by Chutebox (36645 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: There is literally nothing "fresh" about the game. Not sure where you got that from.

#141 Edited by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

*sarcasm* smh

lulz

desperate lems

QTEs

black bars

corridor shooter

film grain

no multiplayer

no co op

30fps

800p

Your point is moot. Ryse gameplay is heavily based on QTE. This wont be. Sorry but at least this looks to be fun, contrary to Ryse. And looks better aswell. And how dafuq you know it'll be a corridor shooter with only 2 gifs? Sorry, lems but I can smell your despair. Watch a proper gameplay video before jumping into conculsions

#142 Posted by Chutebox (36645 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@misterpmedia:

Looks like Ryse just lost its crown for visuals on next-gen hardware.

Never had it.

#143 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@Ghost120x: I would not call Dead Space a Gear clone. Only thing that is similar is TP view. Look back at RE4. It is a TP survival horror game.

I should correct myself. The first dead space nor was dead space 2, to some degree. It was mainly the last one I was referencing.

#144 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

uh what...? all we have are these two gifs of gameplay to judge...and ones a slim corridor and the other is a QTE. there's nothing else to judge by. so why do u have a problem with me talking about what you're seeing too?

also, where did you read someone talking about the gameplay or that they played the game? about full cities, taverns, and whatnot. with the embargo and all i havent heard much. i'd like to read it, link?

Yes, you can judge those two gifs. The problem is, you are trying to label the entire GAME because of two short gifs. Do you understand now?

It was from media that saw the presentation a couple weeks ago, here:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/21/ps4-gamescom-2013-sony-brings-its-next-gen-darlings-to-cologne/

"Ready At Dawn’s surface and environmental destruction is rather impressive. We saw Weerasuriya jump into a stone courtyard and pumped rounds from the protagonist’s Combogun – an assault rifle and shotgun hybrid – into a brass fixture set into a wall. The object crumpled and imploded with force after each round found its mark, deforming it in real-time."

"He then spawned in a bunch of teddy bears and went all Robocop on their stuffed asses, first blowing off a head, and then four limbs one at a time. This might sound like a gimmick, but we were all assured that dynamic destruction, texture warping and convincing object physics lie at the heart of The Order: 1886′s gameplay. When the crowd asked why, we were told it wasn’t yet time forthat particular discussion."

"What I can tell you is that the game looks brilliant, as in next-gen brilliant, not just a small leap in fidelity. We were treated to a fly-over through an underground plaza lined with pubs, meandering NPCs and street lamps so convincing you could almost hear the bulbs hum. At the end of the street sat a mosaic, with each raised tile impacting the way those lights dances across its surface."

Not the exact wording I used from my memory, but alas. Yes I am a little defensive regarding this game, but it is easily my most anticipated game this year.

#145 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3014 posts) -

As I suspected... It looks like a video game.

#146 Edited by joel_c17 (2829 posts) -

The Order really isnt exciting me at all :( im predicting that it will flop and get a 6-7.

Edit: oh and dat gray!

#147 Edited by cdragon_88 (1133 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

Agreed.

My thoughts exactly. hell, add tomb raider in that list. I'm hoping the game turns out better than another GoW clone mechanics game with a new skin and prettier graphics.

#148 Posted by tymeservesfate (1595 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie: ok, thanks for the link.

still though it doesnt say much about it not being a corridor shooter though. i'm still thinking it might be. the destructible environments do sound good though. looking forward to the gameplay vids tomorrow. always fun seeing a new game no matter the platform.

#149 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

Lmao I love how everyone is coming to conclusions from how it's going to be linear and bad shooting mechanics off of a 5 second GIF. At least wait till we get a trailer lol

#150 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (952 posts) -

Low FPS/Black border/short draw distance and film grain effects can make even the First Gears of War looks next-gen.

Still looks next-gen to me at least with the tricks they used.