New Kinect game starring Wil Wheaton...you know you want it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1957 posts) -

There Came an Echo, a new Kinect/voice focused game. added to XBox One's list to the ID@Xbox program.

i should mention this will be a XBox/PC game, and its at its early stages still. what you will see in the video are basically place holders before they slap some real paint on the game. but its an interesting game nonetheless, completely voice operated strategy game. but for the skeptics there is also an option to use a controller. seems fluid, and responsive...and just interesting. being able to control the whole game by just speaking on what you see, and reacting.

http://www.totalxbox.com/72308/there-came-an-echo-unveiled-for-xbox-one-kinect-strategy-starring-wil-wheaton/

"There's a set of pre-defined voice commands - e.g. "open fire", "[unit name], head to [map objective]" - which are assembled from a vocab sheet of 500 words. The options are fairly complex - individual mines can be detonated using voice commands, and you can tell automated turrets to attack specific enemy units.

In a fun-sounding twist, you can also invent your own custom phrase for each command or unit. Instead of "hold position", for instance, you might yell "become an immovable object" or "first man to die, loses". Units will also talk back at points in each mission - if somebody else is in trouble, for example, a squaddie might ask for permission to go help. There will be support for controllers, should the idea of yelling tactics at your TV strike you as sinister."

#2 Posted by DocSanchez (1642 posts) -

It's a shame it doesn't involve attacking Wesley Crusher over and over again in increasingly violent ways. Because I'd buy an Xbox One for that.

#3 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23865 posts) -

not interested but i like will wheaton.

he's out there on the forefront slugging away promoting nerd shyt you love just like chris hardwick.

i'll not hear any slander.

no sir.

#4 Posted by lostrib (37632 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

It's a shame it doesn't involve attacking Wesley Crusher over and over again in increasingly violent ways. Because I'd buy an Xbox One for that.

Poor wil wheaton, everyone hates him because he was Wesley Crusher

#5 Posted by DocSanchez (1642 posts) -

@lostrib: I like Wil Wheaton a lot. Because he isn't Wesley Crusher. I think if you offered him enough money he'd be up for the game.

#6 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17216 posts) -

Invent custom phrases? I know what I'm doing.

#7 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

there is something I have never understood about the voice challenges of console games.....

head mounted microphones....

why the fuck not? seems like that would solve....I dont know...everything

#8 Posted by tymeservesfate (1957 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

LOL

@lostrib said:

@DocSanchez said:

Poor wil wheaton, everyone hates him because he was Wesley Crusher

LOL x2

everybody is talking about Wil Wheaton and not the game lmao. this ip might slip under the radar. i thought it looked interesting myself but i guess you can't mention Mr. Wil Wheaton and not talk about his extensive work in acting *shrugs*.

for the record: Stand By Me>Big Bang Theory>Wesly Crusher

#9 Posted by DocSanchez (1642 posts) -

#10 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Who is Wil Wheaton?

EDIT: Nevermind, just googled the name. He is the kid (now adult naturally) from Star Trek.

#11 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5109 posts) -

>Kinect garbage

>Wil Wheaton

Dropped hard.

I like how this fantastic innovation the indies will be bringing to Wagglecam is the same voice commands that didn't work three years ago.

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

Lame. Gimme a new "The Next Generation" game.