NEW KILLZONE SHADOWFALL PICS + Vids (Nextgen Graphics King!)

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

Nice graphics, but the MP looks entirely mediocre and needs polish. The guns are way too high up on the screen, going into iron sights is pretty much instant, as opposed to taking a few tenths of a second as it should, and it looks like you can just spam your weapons instead of having to control the fire to keep it accurate............

Meh.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@greensand24 said:

@I_can_haz:

You fool. Stop playing specs and start using your eyes. The difference between 1080 and 900p will be negligible at best based on the Ryse footage shown.

Also if game A can go 900 and upscale to 1080p and end up looking better than the native 1080p Game B then I ask you again why play the spec game.

It actually makes sense not to sacrifice other visual effects in the game by going 1080 native especially if random viewers won't be able to tell the difference between an up scaled 900 to 1080p game and the native 1080 game.

LOL 1080P is nearly double the resolution of 900P

Sad fool said stop going by facts basically and dream of clouds hahahah

In what weird universe is Ryse even comparable to whats been done in KZ:SF?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Damage control at maximum.

This game is not going to be the best looking game ever, I'm sure a high end PC better than the ps4 spec running a game with mods will look better, but if this game really does run at 1080p 60fps for 95% of the time then it will be one of the best launch titles which showcases why the Xbox One is limited.

Making excuses for why other games are running at 720p or 900p is just that, excuses.Is there any denying that if games like Ryse was made for ps4 or even PC that it would be 1080p... I'm sure even the most dedicate fanboy knows the answer to that question you only have to point to games such as this one.

Launch games are supposed to give a glimpse of what to expect for the coming few years (no doubt there will be more optimizations but not anytime soon), and if the only major games that come out this year for Xbox One that runs at 1080p turns out to be Forza and NBA 2014 then that will be very sad.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Still need to see how the game plays. If the gameplay and online is crap then the graphic alone won't keep me playing this title.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@greensand24 said:

@I_can_haz:

You fool. Stop playing specs and start using your eyes. The difference between 1080 and 900p will be negligible at best based on the Ryse footage shown.

Also if game A can go 900 and upscale to 1080p and end up looking better than the native 1080p Game B then I ask you again why play the spec game.

It actually makes sense not to sacrifice other visual effects in the game by going 1080 native especially if random viewers won't be able to tell the difference between an up scaled 900 to 1080p game and the native 1080 game.

Irony at it's best.

>Calls me a fool

>Says that difference between 900p and 1080p is negligible despite 1080p being 31% more pixels

>Says difference between 30fps and 60 fps is negligible.

1080p = 2,073,600

900p = 1,440,000

Maybe the difference is unnoticeable to a blind pleb like you but I do notice the difference and a lot of people will. Stop trying to lower everyone to your shitty standards.

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

And I'm really get sick of the sub-30 FPS issues with games. Great graphics are good and all, but the slowdowns really annoy me as I watch these gameplay videos. Dialing down the AF, Perlin shadow noise (or going for a harder penumbra), and amount of post-FX would go a long way in making sure it stays 30 FPS. However, gameplay is king, and delivering titles with earth shattering graphics means also polishing up the gameplay to match. Part of both is delivering smooth and stable rendering. Shadowfall looks to be lacking on both fronts.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Nice.

PS3 is great.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By I_can_haz

@PC_Otter said:

And I'm really get sick of the sub-30 FPS issues with games. Great graphics are good and all, but the slowdowns really annoy me as I watch these gameplay videos. Dialing down the AF, Perlin shadow noise (or going for a harder penumbra), and amount of post-FX would go a long way in making sure it stays 30 FPS. Gameplay is king, and delivering titles with earth shattering graphics means also polishing up the gameplay to match. Shadowfall looks to be lacking in the former.

LOL where are you getting these sub-30fps from? The youtube capture? You do know that everything on youtube runs at 30fps because of the way the videos are encoded right? Eurogamer confirmed the game is 35-40fps in SP and 60fps in MP. Framerate is not an issue at all in this game but I do agree with you, I can't stand sub-30 FPS myself.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@I_can_haz said:
@greensand24 said:

@I_can_haz:

So anyone who thinks Ryse is more impressive is drunk? Are you truly that insecure?

Got nothing to be insecure about comparing a 1080p/60fps game to a 900p/30fps game. You should look in the mirror.

So it's all about resolution now?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@greensand24 said:

@I_can_haz:

720/900p 4 lyfe.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

technically impressive, though I'm not that stoked over certain design decisions of the game's design

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By I_can_haz

@MonsieurX said:

@I_can_haz said:
@greensand24 said:

@I_can_haz:

So anyone who thinks Ryse is more impressive is drunk? Are you truly that insecure?

Got nothing to be insecure about comparing a 1080p/60fps game to a 900p/30fps game. You should look in the mirror.

So it's all about resolution now?

Resolution

Framerate

Scale

Lighting

Draw distance

Number of intelligent enemies on screen not scripted AI

All areas that KZSF excels in compared to Ryse. Ryse still looks great but when looking at the fact that KZSF beats in all those things and happens to run at 1080p/60fps then Ryse is not as impressive.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@SonofK said:

@tonitorsi said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol that kinda looks like halo 4

@SonofK said:

Looks like crap compared to Crysis 3.

But Dat denial tho...

But dat insecurity tho...come back when Killzone's rain doesn't look like utter shite

Come back when your 1st party faves have 1080P.

Forza 5 says hi, how's Drive Turd doing with it's 20 fps?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

I jsut hope the gameplay and level design is good because the last few killzone games had boring ass level design.

From what I've heard, there's more open levels that allow you to decide how to tactically approach your objective instead of just following a set path.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#165  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@b-apples: LOL you are delusional. Halo 4 didn't win any graphics awards, KZ3 and BF3 own it. It's not anywhere close to being the best looking last gen game especially when you put it next to games like Uncharted 3, God of War Ascension and The Last of Us.

The amount of damage control from the lem camp is astounding to say the least

NEW videos showing the same level with three different approaches for attack.

Actually, according to many reviewers, Halo 4 is one of the best, if not the best, looking games on current hardware. The game looks amazing for 360/PS3 standards.

I'm pretty sure that ppl in this thread didn't mean technically, anyway. The use of colors in Shadow Fall does remember Halo 4.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@I_can_haz:

Fog? You accuse Ryse of Fog when several spots of fog are seen in kz to hide deficiencies. Not to mention pop up that has been shown as well. Oh and I love those rain effects.

And if Ryse is what you call shitty standards then I say bring on next-gen. And yes Ryse looks better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I wouldn't say it is the next generation graphics king. It sure looks like the next generation launch graphics king. This gen will be ~10 years long. I'm sure games will look better come then.