NEW IP: Lords of the Fallen - Next gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Cry (edit CITY) Interactive, makers of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games, today announced a new IP called Lords of the Fallen. A third person action RPG. Check out the story, with a full unviel set for E3. And yes, this is another Next Gen title to be excited for!

Edit: also forgot to say it's being headed by ex-lead on Witcher 2, you can read the link for more details.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14930-Lords-of-the-Fallen-Unveiled--Coming-to-E3.html

#2 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Cry Interactive, makers of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games

Stops reading...

#3 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4414 posts) -

Stops reading...

PCgameruk

#4 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Stops reading...

PCgameruk
#5 Posted by Sushiglutton (5214 posts) -

Sniper: Ghost Warrior developer City Interactive has today revealed Lords of the Fallen, an action RPG being led by former The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Senior Producer, Tomasz Gop.

Lords of the Fallen is described as "a demanding and strateguc third-person action RPG experience," and it's being developed for next-generation consoles.

Our team is building Lords of the Fallen specifically for players who enjoy taking on huge challenges, where the odds are stacked against them, said Executive Producer, Gop.

From the very beginning, Lords of the Fallen will intrigue and satisfy players hunger to explore each corner of a brand new world, freely customize and build their own character and take down some of the most epic enemies ever seen.

Promising "advanced combat systems and robust class skill trees", Lords of the Fallen will take players to a rich fantasy world where the gods have failed mankind. Playing as a human named Harkyn, you'll embark upon a quest to stand against a seemingly unstoppable supernatural force, making decisions that'll shape your journey and the storyline.

Lords of the Fallen is scheduled to release in 2014 on next-generation consoles. There'll be more details on City Interactive's action RPG emerging at E3 next month.

Article

Sounds Demon/Dark Souls inspired to me. Can be good, can be bad.

Edit: 

#6 Posted by Sushiglutton (5214 posts) -

Stops reading...

PCgameruk
Keep reading and it says: "former The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Senior Producer, Tomasz Gop" :P!
#7 Posted by spike6958 (4685 posts) -

The fact that one of the Senior Producers of Witcher 2 has me interested, but will need to see more knowing what the studio has released in the past.

#8 Posted by PAL360 (26653 posts) -

''...headed by ex-lead on Witcher 2.''

I'm in.

#9 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I'm just happy we're seeing more and more next gen titles announced. New IPs are always welcome bonus.

#10 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

Sounds good so far.

#11 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

Stops reading...

PCgameruk
#12 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'm willing to give it chance. I'm skeptical, but who knows, it could turn out good. 

#13 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Hey, it's not an FPS. Good on them.
#14 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

I'm in.

PAL360
#15 Posted by bobbetybob (19127 posts) -

I'm in.

PAL360
He's a producer...
#16 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -
I'll give any new IP a chance, better than endless sequels.
#17 Posted by Puckhog04 (22604 posts) -

I will check it out. not really getting my hopes up though considering the maker.

#18 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Poster reminds me of Overlord.
#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16610 posts) -

Looks good.

#20 Posted by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

moar, moar new IPs! :shock:

#21 Posted by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -
Any pictures?
#22 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

New IPs are always welcome. let's hope it's actually TW2 quality and not Sniper ghost warrior quality

#23 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3663 posts) -

I love how everybody acts as if Sniper Ghost Warrior franchise are the worst two games ever made or something... They are strictly sniping games, and they are pretty good at that. You don't ask a flight simulator to compete with CoD do you? My guess would be the majority of you quote/submit posters have never played either game. Now, I don't want you to get me wrong, I'm not saying they are GREAT games by any means, however they are etremely niche and I find it hard to believe that all of you who played it didn't like it for what it was. I played and own both, and they are good games for what they are meant to be. Well besides the horrible lag on MP :P

This is good news. I always love to hear about new RPG's. The more the merrier.

#24 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

New IPs are always welcome. let's hope it's actually TW2 quality and not Sniper ghost warrior quality

seanmcloughlin

Next gen Sniper quality likely. It only says the producer from tw. Sniper team is making it. All depends if they pull a rabbit out of their ass though.

#25 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Stops reading...

PCgameruk
really? aww damn.... :(