New GTA: Online mod lets you... oh dear

• 67 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (56264 posts) -

There is a new GTA: Online mod, and it lets you molest and harass other players.

"According to online reports and forums, modders have created a few abilities that come together in a specific brand of "trolling." Players can use mods to change their character models to anything they'd like—and some players choose to turn themselves into pantless characters. Using mods, players can also manipulate other players into doing specific things, all through the usage of a special menu. The menu varies depending on the mod used, but this one in particular has an entire section dedicated to "naughty stuff:"

Quote from a player:

Quite literally, I and a couple friends of mine encountered a stranger and we were raped and forced to strip dance in GTA online. It was like a "traumatic life" simulator.

Just to be clear, this is not an official endorsed mod. It isn't even like Hot Coffee was, where the data was in game and just hidden- this is a mod created by players.

That said, it's worse than Hot Coffee ever was, and I smell a shitstorm incoming.

SOURCE

The source is potentially NSFW, so keep that in mind.

#2 Posted by lostrib (35068 posts) -

Although I assume these mods require a modifies console and breaks the terms of service

#3 Posted by BldgIrsh (1807 posts) -

And here I thought that consoles had no hackers/modders in its online component. /sarcasm

#4 Posted by Masculus (2830 posts) -

If we needed more evidence that GTA Online is a disaster...

#5 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10403 posts) -

Just to be clear, this is not an official endorsed mod.

SOURCE

Well no shit. Rockstar may not care too much about "the line" but they do acknowledge "the line" exists.

#6 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3017 posts) -

Hot coffee 2.0

#7 Posted by Vecna (3384 posts) -

Because running over someone is so much more morally acceptable than rape.

While I agree that this mod is utter garbage, what does one really expect will happen when they essentially create a crime simulator? Nothing about this is even remotely surprising.

Human beings are capable of very disturbing desires and actions.

#8 Posted by darkspineslayer (19570 posts) -

Humanity is scum. More at 11.

#9 Posted by MrYaotubo (2652 posts) -

PC games really are full of hackers...oh wait.

#10 Posted by Vaasman (11290 posts) -

Eh, I've seen enough Skyrim mods that this doesn't even register anymore. Call me when they get your character preggers with demon spawn.

#11 Posted by CyberLips (1822 posts) -

I find it funny that you can kill entire armies of civilians in GTA but rape someone? Nope!

#12 Posted by faizan_faizan (7855 posts) -
#13 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

That's pretty funny.

#14 Posted by Vecna (3384 posts) -

@Vecna: Jack Thompson?

You caught me. Please do not tell anyone that I actually just do the activist stint as a revenue generator while I play GTA in my living room. I have appearances to keep.

#15 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

Oh my.

Well I guess that was going to happen sooner or later, GTA Online was already shit anyway.

#16 Posted by Gamerno6666 (698 posts) -

Well this makes the game interesting. Kind of like Dayz.

#17 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Well this makes the game interesting. Kind of like Dayz.

yeaaa, interesting is the right word.

#18 Posted by parkurtommo (26612 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Because running over someone is so much more morally acceptable than rape.

Assuming they live, it is.

#19 Posted by parkurtommo (26612 posts) -

Wait, how did they do that on consoles? I mean they had to edit models on a PC and access the game files, that's quite a lot of work just to get a mod like this up and running.

Pretty bizarre tbh.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (29417 posts) -

PC games really are full of hackers...oh wait.

Consoles don't do mods... oh wait.

#21 Edited by lamprey263 (23300 posts) -

nowhere is safe, I can't even go on Playstation Home without getting sexually violated

#22 Posted by handssss (1827 posts) -

Wait, how did they do that on consoles? I mean they had to edit models on a PC and access the game files, that's quite a lot of work just to get a mod like this up and running.

Pretty bizarre tbh.

sure it was somewhat easier to make something twisted like this come to life than it outta have been. all the animations are in the game (there's a side mission with 2 npcs having sex) and the character models are in the game as well. The naked guys are part of some mountain cult and the women are either from the strip club or the playboy mansion.

#23 Posted by bobbetybob (19213 posts) -

Are people seriously typing out paragraphs talking like they're rape victims when somebody fake humped their character in a game? Jesus Christ some people need to get a fucking grip before pretending that shit is even close to a real problem.

#24 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25609 posts) -

It's not deserving of a shitstorm or faux outrages at all. I just think "why not?" about grape without the "g" in a game centred around murder, drugs, torture, crime and the general shittiness folk are capable of.

#25 Posted by GamingGod999 (2979 posts) -

Wow. Whoever dedicated their time to create this mod is pretty sad.

#26 Edited by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

But I thought XBox Live was unhackable and made everything perfect?

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (56264 posts) -

Happening on PSN

#28 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Happening on PSN

Haha, shit.

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Happening on PSN

Haha, shit.

Look like PSN to any of you? I'm sure it's happening on both, but it's the Lems claiming XBox Live is an impenetrable fortress of gaming Nirvana where nothing bad ever happens.

edit: I posted a youtube showing an XBox Live user with the hack. It was in poor judgement so I am removing said link.

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

Look like PSN to any of you? I'm sure it's happening on both, but it's the Lems claiming XBox Live is an impenetrable fortress of gaming Nirvana where nothing bad ever happens.

That's gross, dude. Grow up.

#31 Edited by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Shewgenja said:

That's gross, dude. Grow up.

Well, it was a miscategorization on @charizard1605 s part to say it's a PSN thing when it is happening on Live. Or was this some kind of trap where proving evidence to the contrary gets an infraction?

#32 Edited by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

Well, it was a miscategorization on @charizard1605 s part to say it's a PSN thing when it is happening on Live.

Ah well. We all make mistakes. Or miscategorizations.

#33 Posted by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Well, it was a miscategorization on @charizard1605 s part to say it's a PSN thing when it is happening on Live.

Ah well. We all make mistakes. Or miscategorizations.

Yeah, I took the video out of my post. Just wanted to prove my point.

#34 Edited by wis3boi (31185 posts) -

now instead of the kids saying they'll do it over voip, they'll do it with their pixels!

#35 Posted by Gamerno6666 (698 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

now instead of the kids saying they'll do it over voip, they'll do it with their pixels!

Your avatar is giving me a headache.

#36 Posted by Jankarcop (9137 posts) -

PC wins again

#37 Posted by lostrib (35068 posts) -
#38 Edited by Motokid6 (5340 posts) -

What I want to know is... Why do they model people's junk? Who the fuck at R* is sitting at their desk modeling dicks in 3dsMax?

#39 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC wins again

why?

Because GTA V isn't on PC yet so PC gamers can't get digitally raped. All hail Gaben now.

#40 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

That's why console gaming sucks, too many hackers.

#41 Edited by clyde46 (45436 posts) -

Incoming SJW!

#42 Posted by edwardecl (2155 posts) -

Funny stuff.

#43 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC wins again

why?

Do we really need to probe his pro-rape views again?

#44 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Although I assume these mods require a modifies console and breaks the terms of service

Wouldn't it also require going into a modded lobby like COD?

#45 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@lostrib said:

No it doesn't appear so.

#46 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@lostrib said:

No it doesn't appear so.

So they can just run into any lobby and do what they do.........

#47 Edited by santoron (7702 posts) -

A few dicks are doing dickish things, and loltaku wrote about it.

Not SW material.

#48 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Console games have so much hackers, terrible.

#49 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

Oh the trauma! Oh the horror! Can you imagine what it must be to suffer such a thing? It must certainly leave deep social and psychological scars on the players!

I mean, there they are: shooting, killing, punching, exploding each other; causing pure mayhem while doing, in a virtual environment, some of the most vile and horrific stuff humans can do to each other -you know, the fun stuff- when all of sudden BAM!

Teleported to a random spot in the map, attached to a random player in a nude male skin which then proceeds to fake dry hump their virtual rear. This is just horrific! And it's not like the game gives you any chance of quitting the server/game, logging-out or even just restarting in another server. I mean, there is virtually no escape from modders in online games! Once they're in, you're just stuck there forever and ever!

R* should be sued for damages, the modders should be incarcerated and Fox News should run this 24/7 for a whole month to make sure everyone knows about it!

#50 Posted by lostrib (35068 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC wins again

why?

Do we really need to probe his pro-rape views again?

I'm sure they'll come up eventually.